Moonstone's Grace

By AbellonaTheWrathful

On our normal world, we think of monsters as a myth, something that is imaginary, or simply is in our imagina... More

Retrieval
Out of the nest
Flying into the frying pan
Legacy

The early bird

13.7K 245 153
By AbellonaTheWrathful

Long ago, in a wasteland of a distant world...

As the rain poured hard, a red-haired woman sobbed over her dying lover. The man had a large wound in the right side of his abdomen. The blood seeping over his once white feathered wings.

"You can't go, please, you promised we'd be together until the very end," she pleaded.

"I know," the winged man replied, and he placed his bloody hand on her cheek," but... it seems like it's the end for me. I'll... I'll see you on the other side, Nova."

His hand slowly dropped to the ground as the woman named Nova yelled," no you can't go! Asmund, Asmund!"

Approximately three hundred years later...

"Are you sure you have everything you need," said a woman to a black-haired teen," your father and I don't want you to forget anything and then call us later."

"I'm not that dumb mom, I passed my previous classes with honors," the teen replied, he scratched his chin while looking at the ground," so, what is this program do again?"

"You signed up for a military engagement program Ontario," the woman face palmed," did you even look at the information about this? Well, guess you will find out soon enough."

"I just have one last question, what are the other students like? The bus is about to arrive in a few minutes so can you make it quick?"

"Well, think of the other students and staff as that one manga you read a lot. And I mean that naughty one I caught you with so just be safe and provoke anyone; and I'm sorry if your father couldn't make it to see you off."

They heard a diesel engine come as the woman hugged Ontario. "Good luck, and I love you," she said," And one more thing, I said don't provoke anyone there, but absolutely do not disrespect anyone by the name of "Moonstone". Their family line is the upmost authority there, stay safe."

"Thanks for that heads-up mom," Ontario replied slightly nervously as he grabbed his luggage and walked out the door," I'll send letters and I promise come home for the holidays!"

As Ontario left the house, the woman muttered," don't die out there please. And I hope you remember to take off your necklace when you need to."

Ontario looked on over to the bus that was closing in, it seemed rather, normal. It wasn't yellow by any means, it looks like a longer version of those travel buses. "So I'm dealing with a monster school then?" He said to himself.

The bus made a sudden stop right in front of Ontario. The driver had scruffy yellow hair and blue overalls, as well as a beard that was only shaven a few days ago. As he got on the bus, the driver turned and asked," are ya Ontario Erie?"

"Umm yes," Ontario replied," and may I ask how you know?"

"Yur the last one to check off mah list," the driver replied," now put yer stuff on the back and sit down. This is going to be a long trip for ya to hold onto that."

As Ontario awkwardly looked around as he passed by the aisles while dragging his bags, he then dumped them onto the pile with the rest.

"Good thing I placed my name on them," he muttered as he barely managed to find an empty seat in the middle of the bus.

So, these students are also monsters like me, he thought, I wonder kind they are. But, am I really a monster myself, now that I think about it. I've always thought to be human until recently, when my parents told about this world, now I have my doubts.

As they travelled away from the town, Ontario wondered why the bus kept going into the middle of nowhere, well if the middle of nowhere happened to be some plains location. He knows there isn't any important locations in the route the bus was going.

"All students," said the driver," we are bout to cross the dimensional field. And for all you former homeschoolers or such, make sure to hold on tight."

"Dimensional fiel-," Ontario was questioning until felt vertigo and blacked out for a moment.

Once he opened his eyes, he noticed that they were now in a green forest, it was so dense that the surrounding area looked much darker.

"Welcome to one of Adelmoed's best schools fer combat and well, knowledge, Knightfall," the driver said while he parked along other buses," please remember to refrain transforming out of your human forms without authorization. For all yer squad members, make sure ye find the room which you will be staying in. And make sure to enjoy your year and live on!"

Ontario slowly wobbled out of the bus with the other students. Once he regained his composure, he saw a massive building complex in the distance. He also noticed that the other students wore tan

"Wow," he muttered," you can fit a whole entire mall in it, or hell, even more. If this is the monster world, then how is everyone human, or do they all have something that makes them human like my necklace? Most of all, is this actually real or is it a dream?"

He heard what sounded like a smaller engine and it grew louder and louder. He turned around just as a motorcycle came out of nowhere, but Ontario hastily dodged the bike, causing him to fall into the dirt.

Ow, he thought as he slowly got back up. He looked down onto his dirty clothing as the motorcycle continued by. He heard a faint, female "sorry" as the driver waved her hand without looking back.

"Wow, that's so dam reckless," he said as he brushed off the dirt," even here I'm not safe from dangerous driving. I'd better just make it to the building in one piece if that's the case."

As he followed a pair of students, Ontario got some weird looks as he still struggled to get every speck off.

"I hear that the Grimrose going to go for X class this year," one of them asked," you know, the highest rank of power?"

Grimrose, Ontario wondered, the hell is that?

"I heard that she is, mostly since she can't stand having a superior. I hope she doesn't beat anyone else to death, most people quit that squad due to their fear of her."

"Yeah, I would feel sorry for anyone new into that squad." The same student turns around to Ontario and says," can you please stop eavesdropping us? It's rather bothersome."

"Oh, uh, sorry about that," Ontario replied, are these people really monsters, yet they are talking so, normally... I am not sure what to feel at this point.

"Is, that an Omega?" one of the students asked hesitantly as the two looked at a badge near his waist..

"Oh this," Ontario replied as he pointed at it," it sure is, why?"

The students look slightly pale as one of them replied hesitantly with," it's nothing, it, it just means you are in Squad Omega. Just watch yourself while near, her, ok?" They both sped walked off as Ontario scratched his head.

That was very, very odd, he thought, but I think it's best to keep going forward.

He continued his way, all while admiring the forest around him, until he arrived at a clearing to the school. He soon spotted the entrance to where many students were moving into the building. It continues to baffle him how he had no idea a school like this existed and he proceeded into the school.

So many people here already, I hope I don't get, he thought as there was a line where teachers handed out papers to incoming students. I doubt my karate classes will help me if any of them tried to attack me... this is going to be a very weird year.

"Any students with an assigned squad, please get your room number here," one teacher yelled as Ontario waited for his turn. He walked up to the teacher as they quickly spotted the badge on his waist.

"Omega squad I see," the teacher said before Ontario could say his name and he handed Ontario a sheet of paper.

"Uh thanks," Ontario replied, but he soon remembered," wait, was I supposed to leave my bags on the bus?"

"Yes, you were," the teacher replied as he handed another paper to another student. "They will be brought to your squad room soon enough. If you placed your name on them, that is."

"Oh, ok thanks," Ontario replied as he looked at the paper, how did he know which squad I was in, he thought. But just as he began to look for the room number, a set of alarms went off as the hallways flashed red.

"All students please proceed quickly to the nearest classroom," the speakers above Ontario alerted," we have a rogue monster approaching, this is not a drill!"

The students quickly began moving into the nearest rooms as the teachers guided them in. Ontario looked around and went into the room behind him.

"A rogue monster," he muttered as he walked in with curiosity teasing his mind," I wonder what one looks like?"

His curiosity stopped as he soon noticed a student walk into the room, they wore a black leather jacket and pants. They also had the same black helmet from the driver that ran him over.

"So, it's you, you're the one who almost hit me right," he yelled as he pointed his finger at him or her. Several other students gave him a funny look.

"Why the hell are you yelling at Illena for," one of them yelled.

"Yeah, maybe you just tripped over and blamed it on her, you dumbass," another student replied.

"No, she hit me with her freaking motorcycle," Ontario exclaimed as the biker clapped her hands together. Just before the other students were about to join in, the biker grabbed her helmet and took it off.

"I didn't mean to run you over," she said as Ontario saw a very pretty girl with silvery white wavy hair," but I didn't see you, so I'm very sorry. I'm Illena, Illena Cellera"

Her innocent tone with the puppy face she was giving off made Ontario regret accusing her, despite the situation beforehand. One wouldn't think that a slender, pretty girl would wear such an outfit.

"Now now students," said a short woman as she ran into the room, she looked a bit too young to be any sort of staff member, but her ID tag stated, 'Sasha Topaz, General Sciences'. "Let's just all stay calm and-"

"I can see it," one of the students yelled, soon everyone else joined him and looked outside.

Ontario looked outside the window. What he saw in the distance he'd never guessed he would ever encounter in his life. A massive, long armed fat creature came out of the forest, it had no head, but a long spout where the neck would be, and it was a shade of pale yellow.

"What, what the hell is that," he said. he couldn't believe his eyes. That monster looked like it could easily tear him to shreds effortlessly.

Ms. Topaz ran to the phone on the desk as she yelled into it," I have visual of the threat."

"Confirmed," replied the operator," what's the status?"

"It is currently rampaging about as it approaches this side, it looks like an A-class threat. Anyone available to intercept?"

"Yes, there is. We are contacting the Grimrose as we speak."

In a small dark room, a red-haired girl tightened her boots and she grabbed her sword once she was done. A voice came on in her ear microphone.

"Come in Grimrose," the operator said," we have visual of the threat."

"What's the status of the situation," she replied.

"We have been told its currently rampaging the forest as it closes in, would you like any support?"

"No," she replied sternly," they will only get in my way. Out."

She disappeared into the thin air and she soon reappeared in the immediate area.

"The headmaster has granted permission of all resources and equipment. Use any means to stop it, move in," the operator commanded.

"Hey," one of the students yelled out," I think that's the Grimrose down there!"

"The Grimrose herself," one of the other students asked, and he soon commented," she's so pretty."

"I heard that she's a type of extremist," a girl said," rumor has it that she rarely leaves any threat alive. I thought the nobles were much more merciful than that."

"Nobles?" Ontario asked.

"The nobles are those related to the main royal family," Ms. Topas answered," the way are related is by blood, so it basically includes, cousins, nephews, nieces, etc. Children of the ruler are known as the princes and or princesses of the land."

"Grimrose," Ontario asked quietly as he looked down. There, he saw the red-haired girl as she held a rather large sword. Despite her athletic figure, it looked a bit painful to carry such a blade. And another peculiar thing was that she wore the standard school uniform, a bit odd in this situation especially that she was wearing combat boots instead of normal footwear.

"Who is that," asked Ontario.

"Her name is Rosemary, and she is the second in command of the, little squad I am in. Also, my advice is, just don't make her mad at you," Illena smiled.

Down in the yard, the monster roared furiously as Rosemary gripped her sword tightly.

"I just wanted a year where the first day of school would give me some peace and quiet," she said," But no, you and the other bandits, guilds, and clans have to be such tenacious rebels and ruin our peace!"

The Monster swung one of its arms at Rosemary while she spoke. After the arm hit its mark and the dust cleared, Rosemary had the monster's fist on her blade as it glowed blue. She swung her sword and the arm flew back and it smacked its owner. The monster wobbled as it soon regained its composure, but Rosemary's blade burst into flames and she sent a vertical wall of fire at the beast. The flame wall sliced one of the monster's arms, the limb burned into crisps and ash. The monster roared as a new arm began to emerge out where the old one was at.

"I guess I'll have burn you until there is nothing left," she growled as she charged forward and disappeared. She reappeared on the base of the monster's neck and inhaled. She blew a large wave of flames into the hole. The monster roared out of the neck hole as one of its arms hit Rosemary and sent her into the ground, leaving a small dirt trail where she landed.

The large monster stomped on the ground where she fell, but she rolled away and dived behind him. "Is that all you've got, I guess you are just a lowly threat," she mocked as she dashed forward, her leg and foot were engulfed in flames, and kicked the large monster's body.

Ontario looked in astonishment as he asked," just what is she? Is she some sort of fire witch?"

"Not exactly," Illena said with a calm smile, "but, it will be over really quick. And by the way, she can use more than just fire. Just watch her."

As if she knew Illena was talking about her, Rosemary waved her hand, and her blade completely frosted over, icicles forming vicious teeth on the blade. She moved forward as the monster swung its arm at her once more and she placed her sword in its path. Once the sword contacted the arm, the arm instantly froze over. Rosemary jumped up onto the arm and with a soft landing, the arm shattered into bits and she had icy water flowing around her. The water flowed forward as a compact burst and in a flash the monsters other arm was soon cut off as well.

While the coldness of her attack slowed down the creatures regenerating arms, the creature stopped in it's tracks as Rosemary teleported a distance away from it and her blade glowed red and hot.

"It's time for the Moonstone spell number 3," she said while a fiery aura surrounded her as she began to do a ritualistic dance," Flames of the land, hear my plea, rise up and eliminate this threat that stands in front of me! Inferno Eruption!" She jumped and stabbed the tip of her sword into the ground as the dirt ahead began to lift and red light could be seen under it. The light soon approached the monster as a bright red beam blasted off under the monster.

At the school, Ontario and the other students covered their faces as they could feel the heat from the light itself.

"Ahhh, shit," one of the students yelled out, his hands where red due to them being on the hot glass.

It's so hot, he thought, and it's kind of cool. It's like I'm in an action manga of some sort.

Rosemary opened her eyes as she noticed the monster was managing to hold itself within the rising flame light.

"So due to its main body mass, it can recover its flesh faster than it burns," she said," in that case I will just reduce it to bits. Just one more disruption to its biology will do it." She formed an intensely cold ball of ice. A small red and orange flame formed inside it and Rosemary threw it once it was done. The ball flew into the rising fire and into the monster's neck hole. Rosemary clenched her hand as a large explosion broke the burning monster into bits, the pillar of fire vaporizing the creature. She huffed as she thought, I think I overdid it for such a weak monster.

"Whoa, that looked so cool," Ontario exclaimed, "so her name is Rosemary, Rosemary what?"

"What, oh, you mean her last name," Illena said as Rosemary sheathed her sword and disappeared," her last name is Moonstone."

"Moonstone," Ontario repeated as Rosemary appeared in the room.

"That is my last name," Rosemary said," is there a problem?"

"Uhh not at all," Ontario laughed nervously as he thought, how the hell did she get up here? So she's a Moonstone? Well, mom said to be careful around them, and I think now I know why.

Rosemary looked down at his belt and saw the omega.

"So it seems you are in my squad," she said with some disgust as she turned away," but now that the situation is over, follow Illena to the squad room. I assume it is your time here in Knightfall, let alone Adelmoed, despite being in your third-year age-wise?"

"Uh, yeah," Ontario answered back nervously

As Rosemary walked out, Ontario asked Illena," what's with her?"

"That is how she is," Illena replied," remember, just try your best and you will get on her good side. Come on let's go, before she gets mad."

"Uhh ok," Ontario replied as they waited for the other students to leave before they could.

To not make her mad, he thought as he followed Illena, I guess that's too late. After some turns within the hallways, he noticed a familiar area.

"You have arrived to your destination," Illena said with smile.

"This is, the same exact place where we entered," he exclaimed, realizing she led him into a circle," and that's the same room where we entered during that alarm."

"I'm sorry," Illena said as looked down," I thought this was the place, as the door is, right over there."

Ontario's face turned to slight pity to Illena's puppy face, but he quickly saw a flashy golden door with the omega over it like an arch.

I don't remember seeing that, he thought as he turned to Illena and said," uh, sorry about what I said, can we just go in, or is there a certain password?"

"Nah, just go in," she said as Ontario opened the door. As he walked in, a fiery dagger flew as it landed beside his head. He turned to see Rosemary sitting impatiently on a couch.

"What the hell was that for," he yelled as another one dagger flew to the other side of his head.

"First of all, don't you dare raise your voice at me," Rosemary growled as another ignited knife appeared in her hand," and that first one was because you took too long. And don't blame Illena for it, she has to slow down for you."

Wow she is crazy, he thought as he noticed a student stacking some papers in the corner. He was quite tall, Ontario guessed six feet at least, and he had a strong build. Like those people who balance heavy lifting and studying. But what made it worse was that he also wore the uniform, which made him look weird.

"Madam, the documents state that there are two new members joining this year," he said.

"I see, it's not a mistake then," she said," Alexander, bring me that."

The man walked over to her and he gave her the papers.

"Oh good, HE'S not assigned here again, what a relief," Rosemary sighed," so newbie, what is your name?"

"Ontario," he replied," Ontario Erie."

"I see," Rosemary replied," you signed up for a special response squad and you have no combat experience whatsoever."

"Well, I did train in karate for a while," Ontario replied.

"So why did you register for Out of School Assignments? Or more importantly, in a squad that engages in military operations? No one from squads actually take classes, we are simply here to defend the school in cases like earlier."

"I thought it may be fun," Ontario replied, but Rosemary's face changed into a hostile state one once more.

"Fun," she said as she looked down," you think bloody combat is something fun? What is this, some game to you? (She sighs) Well then, I'll prepare the leave papers."

"Just give him a chance," pleaded Illena," if the headmaster placed him in this squad it must mean he has potential right?"

"Potential and actual combat capability are two different things," Rosemary scolded," he won't last the first mission as he is right now."

"Madam must I remind you that you don't have the power to make such a decision either way," Alexander stated," only Stardust can do that, and she only allows herself that power, even if you are second in command."

"So she's not the one in charge," Ontario asked as he referred to Rosemary.

"Our idiot leader is off escorting another member to Knightfall," Rosemary said in disgust," the bitch can't take anything seriously."

"Or maybe you take everything too seriously," Ontario sneered quietly.

"What was that," Rosemary demanded as she clenched her fist and lifted her eyebrow.

"Oh nothing," Ontario replied quickly," still, I signed up for this, and I am staying here no matter what- "

He stopped as he suddenly saw Rosemary point her sword at his throat.

"Madam what are you doing," Alexander questioned.

"This fool is agreeing to risk his life just for the casual thrill," she said as the blade ignited, Ontario could feel the intense heat radiate from it. "It's the same as if I were to stab him right now, he's going to die in the field of battle. Now make your choice, stay and die, or at least retire from the squads so that you never know the feeling, the feeling where nothing matters, when your soul falls into a dark abyss and you never see the light again."

Ontario's face changed to a stern one as he said defiantly," go ahead, stab me, let's see if you have the balls to hurt your own ally. I know you won't, but I would assume that you have done this before with other newcomers, or am I wrong? I don't why you don't want any new members, but it's not nice to threaten them, or at least pretend to just to get rid of them."

Illena looked down as she thought, balls? We can have balls?'

Rosemary sighed in slight defeat as she backed off and said pitifully," then you accept the fact that you can die anytime in the field, do you?"

"I won't die," Ontario said," after all, I want to tell my parents to be proud of me for something special. Also, how many members do other squads normally have?"

"He's going to die a painful death," Rosemary whispered to Alexander," but little hope there is that he can back up his easy talk."

"Squads consist usually of twenty or even over thirty members and with counting the two new members and us, its seven," Alexander replied. This gave Ontario the feeling of slight emptiness.

"So what is your monster form," Illena asked," is it strong?"

"I thought we aren't supposed to mention our true forms," Ontario replied.

"That is true, but your squadron is the only exception," Rosemary assured," we will properly introduce ourselves after you tell us what you know."

"Well, I have never taken this pedant off," he said," I just know that I will change when I do."

"I see," replied Rosemary," I will go first, I am Rosemary H. Moonstone, and I am a noble of the moonstone royalty. I am a fairy, human blood blended in with pixie."

"I think I told you that I'm Illena Cellera, vampire," Illena said as she flashed her fangs.

"And I am Alexander Asterion," said Alexander," a minotaur and personal assistant of madam Rosemary."

"Nice to meet you all then," Ontario replied," wait, didn't you say only two are new here, so who and where is the other one that isn't here yet, and who is the leader?"

"You mean there are two idiots and a newbie, one of them is Maxwell, a werewolf and a womanizer," Rosemary replied," and the idiot leader told me refrain from telling you her full name and such information until she arrives."

"Oh, so this school is truly full of monsters then, but why do they all have human forms in the first place? Like, how are they able to change so drastically?"

"Some are born with that ability, others that don't are in what is called the sector-beta," Rosemary responded," now I don't know if this is good or bad news for you, but we have an OSA scheduled today."

"What, but this is the first day of school," Ontario complained.

"So that means you're scared then," Rosemary asked," either way, just be glad you don't have to take classes due to the OSAs."

"That should give us lots of time for relaxation," exclaimed Illena," can we hit the beach this year Rosey?"

"I don't think so," asserted Rosemary," you know we can't just casually go anywhere freely like that, it's not safe to be out there. Especially if we are tied with the military."

"Why not," asked Ontario," I mean it could be fun to take a break."

"It's not good to get soft, but I will explain why it isn't good to be casual along the way; onto the task at hand, this OSA is a requested retrieval of an individual, her name is Sonata Joy and is waiting 15 miles via road. Physical description is brown hair in a braid, brown eyes, and I quote 'balanced' body. Who the hell wrote this request?"

"Brown hair and brown eyes and balanced body, that could be freaking anyone," Ontario yelled," so all we have to do is just pick her up and bring her here I assume?"

"We have to protect her as well," Alexander said," I read the whole request beforehand, it also seems she is also requesting one of us to be her personal guard."

Rosemary seemed to be irked as she growled," there's no background on this woman, any request would include at least one sliver of it, yet she just expects us to be her special service?"

"Isn't that what I signed up for," Ontario scoffed.

"Don't try to be funny newbie," Rosemary stabbed, "well, if the request was accepted by the headmaster and squad organizers, then I guess it seems viable for now."

"Uhh what kind of car are taking," Illena asked excitedly.

"We are taking an armored truck for this one," Rosemary replied," but don't worry, I asked for it to be fitted with a nitrous system, just for you."

"Yay, then that means I'm driving," Illena yelled in glee.

"I do hope you don't get car sickness too easily," Alexander whispered into Ontario's ear.

"I don't, but why do you say that," Ontario asked until he remembered what happened earlier.

"Let's move out, I have already left a notice to the staff, so our departure is now," Rosemary said as she put away what seemed to be a smartphone.

So they have those here too, Ontario thought, I don't see too much difference in the technology.

Once they reached the outside, Ontario spotted the truck. It looked rather, unique. It wasn't based off any other truck he knew.

"800 BHP at 7 thousand Revolutions," Illena moaned as she hugged the vehicle," built in electronic drivetrain management, nitrous with self-recharge electronic afterburners. Zero to sixty in four point three seconds."

"What's with her now," Ontario asked as a bit of sweat came down his head," and do we just go like this?"

"There is armor in the truck if u need it, although it's useless if your true form can't use it," Rosemary replied as she got onto the truck," and Illena has a thing for vehicles, and this is a brand-new model series as well. It shouldn't surprise you what Illena does if you already seen her drive anything."

"What about me," Illena replied as she stopped hugging the front.

"Just get in," Rosemary said sternly," the sooner we do this, the less things I have to worry about".

I still don't feel like one of them, Ontario wondered nervously, and are my stuff safely in the room yet? He got onto the back and he saw some armor plating sets. But as he tried to pick one up, it was far too heavy for him to wear.

"Guess this won't work out for me then," he sighed," I just hope nothing bad happens, though Rose did say I could die, but I think she doesn't want me here and I don't know why."

"My name is Rosemary to you," Rosemary said as she opened a small panel," and I'm not kidding when I said you can die. Illena, drive in the north west direction."

"Alrighty then, hang on tight Ontario," she said as she floored the gas and the truck slightly raised up its nose.

"Waahh," Ontario yelled as he hit the back door. As Illena came across a turn in the trail, she pitched the large truck into a sliding drift as Ontario's face slammed against a wall. As Illena got back in position, Ontario limped forward while holding his nose as he whined," I will actually die at this rate, how will my parents find out that someone's driving was my death. Is she really a certified driver?"

"Stop complaining," Rosemary scolded," Illena, just keep driving the way you do. And as for you, what I meant earlier about death and why we can't simply wander casually earlier is that there are illegal clans and guil- "

There was a loud explosion as the truck spun out into a tree.

"Ambush already," exclaimed Rosemary," Illena, you and Alexander move ahead towards the town, Ontario, you are coming with me!"

"Wait what is trying to attack us," Ontario questioned but Rosemary warped behind him. Just as Alexander opened the back door, Rosemary grabbed Ontario threw him out.

"We won't take long," Rosemary yelled," if he shows us why he's worthy to be in the squad."

"Roger," Alexander replied as he slammed the door the truck sped off.

"Ontario, I'm going to ask you to do something right now," Rosemary sighed.

"What?"

"Move," She yelled as she kicked him away, she then jumped backward as a large insect like creature stabbed its claw into the dirt.

She drew her sword and she said," take on the human bandits while I face the monsters."

"What," Ontario replied, he noticed a person swing an axe at him. He rolled away as Rosemary burned the first insect into the ground as several more flew in. Ontario saw another human pull out some small knives and threw them. Ontario jumped back and ran into the woods.

"What the hell are with these people," he muttered," we leave the school and they attack?!" His foot caught a root as he fell face first. He quickly stood back up as a knife flew right at his chest. He closed his eyes as he felt something sting him. He reopened his eyes and saw his golden pendant from his torn shirt and some blood leaked under it.

"Oh good, only a scratch," he sighed as he quickly inspected it," dam that was close too."

"That must be some valuable jewelry you have there," the human said as he approached," to worry about it instead of your own body means you treasure it, no?"

The human stretched his hand as Ontario saw a large blade at his neck as the other human was right behind him.

"Don't resist and we will make your death painless, Knightfall scum," the human said as he grabbed the pendant.

"No," Ontario yelled as he held onto it," my parents gave me that since I was a baby, I won't let you!"

"Lewis, slit him," the human said, but Ontario used his other arm to elbow Lewis's special part. The axe fell onto the floor as the human pulled harder. But as Ontario continued to hold onto it, the human swung his fist into Ontario's nose as the pendant snapped off his neck and Ontario fell onto the ground.

"We can sell this thing for thousands," he sneered," Lewis, finish him off, I'll go help the others."

As he turned, he felt a hand grab his shoulder as Ontario punched him and sent the human flying into a tree.

"That's for taking my stuff," Ontario said as he grabbed the pendant and placed it in his pocket. He looked at his body as he noticed barely any change. so this is my monster form, but I don't really fell that different, he thought as he felt something hit his back, but it didn't hurt.

"So you weren't human after all," the other human said as he grabbed the axe and he swung it.

"Let me repay you for that," Ontario said as he turned around and grabbed the axe, grabbing the handle under the blade," remember, don't let go!" He swung the axe as the human held on and threw him off into the distance. Ontario then picked up the sword the other unconscious human had and proceeded back to Rosemary.

As Rosemary took down yet another monster, she faced the final one, it much larger than the rest and looked like a mix of scorpion and spider as it lunged its tail at her. But as it moved, the tail suddenly fell off. The monster roared in pain and Ontario landed close by.

Rosemary was slightly surprised at Ontario's form as he now grew large while feathery wings, and as he turned to her, she saw that his eyes were a teal instead of brown.

"What is it," Ontario looked at her face," what now? No remark about me dying?"

"You idiot," she yelled," focus on the target!"

Ontario turned, and the monster charged at him, Ontario swung the sword back and threw it at the monster. The blade hit it's head square on and it fell with a loud thud.

"Heh, I didn't know that would even hit," he scoffed as Rosemary went up and smacked him on the head.

"You fool! You should have done that the moment we got off the truck," she yelled.

"Done what, I didn't know about my form," he whined until he saw the pile of monsters nearby and thought, wow she beat them all by herself, amazing and scary. But I wonder if I can get her to teach me how to fight like that.

Ontario noticed a white feather fly by his face, he looked behind his shoulders and saw the white wings.

"Holy shit I got wings," Ontario exclaimed," I didn't drink any red bull recently..."

"Let's catch up as fast as we can to the other two," she said," these guys are weak, so we don't have to worry. But nevertheless, we will have to take, an alternate route."

So the story is now redone in a better fashion. Mistakes and errors will be found, so don't be surprised if there's a sudden change to the chapter as they will come. I hope you guys can enjoy it and until the next chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38 0 4
Myths, Miracles, and Monsters. The trifecta of what humans on Earth consider fantasy. But what if they weren't fantasy? What if these things humans p...
224 41 36
Some people, in another world, will say magic is a myth, a fairytale, but in the world of Hanalog, a world were magic truly does exist, life is anyth...
4 0 3
Every world, realm and race of life knows what war is. They know pain, loss, regret and hope. Some live their whole lives without ever seeing the e...
10.6K 521 19
This is a reader insert... you, reader are a normal human in earths reality. Well as normal as a human with dimension travel can be. You decide after...