Absolute Obedience

By mgiannelli89

He couldn't run, nor would he. His speech was impaired, and his body malnourished. He's never stepped beyond... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five: Part One
Chapter Twenty-Five: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Thirteen

42.7K 1.6K 719
By mgiannelli89

The atmosphere felt tense as Pierce just stared at the paper in front of him. Maybe I was being too forward with asking a question instead of answering them.

Grabbing the blanket I started to fidget as the silence continued to stretch on. Maybe Pierce didn't know either. He was a Cat after all, and maybe his kind didn't have Omegas. Maybe they didn't have education classes. There were a lot of possibilities, and I enjoyed those over considering that my question could end in me being punished.

"You don't even realize what you are?" His voice was even as he asked, and he raised his head to look at me. What I am? I'm a wolf, I'm an Omega. I knew what I was but I guess the definition and my purpose was questionable.

I didn't reach for the paper but instead just shrugged my shoulders. His eyes widened a fraction and he shook his head in disbelief.

I knew the hiharchy of the pack. I knew I was the lowest ranking wolf, but Levi had made it seem like I was more important than what my pack had treated me. The small talks that Kain had around me also made me question what an Omega was. Why did I have heat like shewolves? Why was everyone so shocked with how I had lived? Why was Pierce surprised an Omega had been banished?

So many questions.

Running his hand over his face, Pierce looked to the ceiling and breathed deeply as if collecting his thoughts.

"I'm not a wolf, and I'm not fully knowledgeable on how wolf packs live, however, an Omega is a special addition that very few wolf packs have." Pierce looked at me and I stared back intently wanting to hear just what he was telling me. Special? Why?

"I can't believe they didn't tell you. Damn it, why do I have to play teacher?" His growl made me jump a little but he made no move toward me. I scooted myself away from him a tad hoping to create some distance in case he wanted to lash out at me.

"So you," he pointed to me. "Don't have a mate like all the other wolves do." I frowned at him.

What?

Why?

'No mate?'

It was like my world shattered around me. I knew I couldn't mate after being branded and I should feel some sort of relief that I hadn't let my mate down, but the fact that I didn't have a second part of my soul out there was devastating. I had gone years with the hope that my mate would show up and we would be happy together. It was that thought alone that has kept me sane during some of my worst nights in the pack house. When Alpha didn't acknowledge me for weeks, the thought that my mate was out there thinking of me and was excited about the day we would be able to meet, it was this false sense of happiness and longing that helped me through everything.

I shook my head and brought my legs up to my chest and wrapped my warms around my head. My wolf didn't seem to react the same though. He knew more about what we were than me. It didn't help lessen the disappointment I felt.

A hand reached out and patted my head. "Hey, it's not that you don't have a mate."  I felt the urge to slap the unwanted hand away but stopped myself. "Fucking hell, just listen to me before you get all depressed and shit. Fuck Clyde for not telling you all of this." He sounded annoyed and frustrated.

"Flea bag, it's more complicated than the Moon being all like 'Idiot dog A and dumbass dog B are mates, congratulations.'" I didn't lift my head, but I was listening intently to his words. The bed dipped a bit and then Pierces presence was gone. My head shot up, immediately worried that he had left but he stood with his back to me. One hand rested on his hip while the other aggressively scratched at the base of his head.

Turning towards me he sighed. "Let me tell you everything I know before you get all caught up in your emotional breakdown." I nodded and breathed in.

"Alright, so the Moon hasn't picked your mate because that's not the purpose of an Omega." He eyed me warily, but after a few seconds continued. " Omegas were created to keep balance within a pack, especially during times of war."

"What happens when a mate dies? The other typically follows suit or goes on a rampage, correct?" I knew this much, and nodded. "Well during the warring times, some packs got wiped out because mates basically went berserk when their bond was severed, or packs couldn't rebuild because Wolves would die before finding their mate. It's said that the Moon didn't like this outcome and created Omegas to bring back balance." Pierce paced as he spoke, his hands making gestures every so often.

"From what I understand, when a mate dies and leaves their other half, as long as they don't go feral, an Omega can step in and calm the mates wolf." My eyes widened and I raised my head.

"Sometimes the Omegas Wolf is able to make a bond with the wolf that lost its mate and they become a bonded pair themselves. However, Omegas usually mate with a wolf who's mate has died before they became a bonded pair." Pierce stopped and stood in front of me. "Out of all the Were Wolves, Omegas are most essential to keeping a pack balanced." I could only nod my head.

"There's more to your role then just that but I don't feel comfortable telling you." Pierce shrugged his shoulders but before he could say anything else I hurriedly grabbed the notepad and pen and scribbled a question down.  I handed it to him and his eyes widen bigger than they had before.

Why do I go into heat?

Pierce let out a furious growl throwing the notepad across the room and into a wall. He looked dangerous at that moment. His face was red, eyes showcasing anger and his teeth were bared.

Out of habit and instinct, I dropped onto my back and exposed my throat. I could feel his rage, smell his hostility. The growl that hadn't been released started to fill the room. I laid unmoving with my eyes casted at a wall, unwilling to even look at Pierce.

"You are unmarked, and unmated, yet you've experienced your heat?" His question came out raspy from his anger but I nodded my head in reply. I heard something being thrown.

"Omegas don't go into heat unless their wolves are desperately looking for protection that only their mate can provide." Why had I needed protection? Alpha had been there? Was it because of the Beta?

"A forced heat triggers every wolf to want to mate and mark you whether they have a mate or not. It's instinct, it's deplorable to force it." I felt my body trembling. Pierce was angry. I didn't know if I was reacting to his words or his anger but I knew I was shocked. Did my Alpha force it on me? Or was I just triggered because of my fear for the Beta had become unimaginable?

As if sensing my confusion Pierce elaborated. "It takes years and years of grooming before your body and wolf would even feel the need to do that. Clyde knew what he was doing, fucking bastard. He should be burned for what he did!" That can't be true.

"Even other shifters and Weres know how precious an Omega is to a wolf pack and how one can easily tip the balance. No other species has Omegas. Fucking wolves and the Moon playing favorites."

I turned my head slightly to peak at Pierce. But his back was retreating towards the stairs.

"I gotta run." That was all he said before storming up the steps and slamming the basement door closed. I faintly heard a roar before silence.

My mind was reeling with information. I didn't have a Moon given mate, instead I was a second chance mate. Second best, a substitute to the original dead mate. My wolf growled at me over my thoughts and degrading description but I wasn't happy. I was just made aware of how pointless my existence was. What wolf in their right mind would want something that was just a generic version of the original?

I should be content knowing I wouldn't ever embarrass my mate with knowing I was branded but the knowledge I didn't even get a Moon picked mate hurt more. I wasn't special. I was just here to appease rabid wolves and be used to ensure a wolf would at least be able to function. There would never be the first sight of our wolves binding instantly, there would be no special sensation or fairytale moment that I had overheard shewolves speak of. I would never get that. I was never intended for that.

Hot tears fell from my eyes and my wolf snapped his jaws at me. I didn't mind him though, my life was a lie. I was groomed into going into heat early, and remembering how everyone had said that my Alpha had wanted to off his mate and have me instead all made sense now, but I was still unsure of why I got a heat.

I wasn't a female. I knew I was attracted to males but that wasn't uncommon. Sitting up, I looked around the room for the notepad. I still had questions that I needed answered. More than that though, I needed to run. I needed fresh air to clear my mind.

I wrote down a few more questions and made my way to the steps. I knew I shouldn't but at that moment I didn't care. I didn't care if I would be punished, in fact I wanted to be punished. I wanted to feel the pain of a wipe slicing across my back. I wanted it like I wanted air.

Making my way up the steps I braced myself for opening the door. If it was locked I would try to break it down. My wolf was angry at me. He wanted to be good and stay put.

Reaching my hand out I was relieved to feel the handle turn and the door opened. He had forgotten to lock it.

Pushing on it slowly, I peaked through the small opening to ensure the coast was clear. No sign of Pierce and I knew he was already outside.

Quickly I made my way past the threshold and ran for the front door. Everything in me was screaming to stop but another part was needing this release of energy. The conversation left a bad taste in my mouth. I felt lied to. I was groomed? My Alpha, his pack, my life, it was all a lie. What about the old Omega that had shared a room with me? What actually happened to her?

There were still so many unanswered questions and I wasn't entirely sure I wanted the answer to any of them. The front door opened smoothly just like the basement door had. My wolf continued to claw at my mind, growling at me to stop.

"Take one foot out that door and I'll break both." I froze. His voice was eerily calm, a sharp contrast to the one I had heard before when we were downstairs.

"I realized after I left that I forgot to lock the door." I didn't turn around, I just stayed where I was, contemplating my choices. I could run out the door and take the risk, or I could turn around and obey. My wolf growled at me, he knew something like this was going to happen.

"Toby, I'll give you to the count of three to make your decision." His voice sent a chill down my spine. I could feel his Cat edge me, wanting me to run so he could give chase. The predatory side wanted the thrill. Closing my eyes I took a deep breath in, and sank to the floor. I didn't want to escape, I just wanted to run. To put my mind back together. A good mashing would be welcomed but I didn't want a broken bone.

"Good choice." I didn't make any movements, just sat there and looked out into the yard, the sun shown bright and it was truly my first time actually taking in the outside. It was visually overwhelming. The scents were also overpowering. Pierces strong scent combined with the scent of grass, trees, and other unknown things had me reeling. My wolf basked in it, wanted to roll in the grass, I on the other hand had to many negative experiences with the outdoors. Turning my head I looked to Pierce who just stood leaned against the hallway wall, body completely bare just watching me with a calm yet angry expression.

He didn't say anything as he watched me but I knew what he wanted. He wanted me to go back to the basement. Without a word from him or a sound from me, I slowly rose to my feet and walked back towards the way I came. When I passed Pierce he followed my movements until I was back downstairs standing in front of the bed.

No words were exchanged, but I felt his hands grasp my hips. I didn't move as those hands grabbed the hem of my shirt and yanked it off of me. I heard the tear of the fabric and my heart rate increased. I didn't move, excitement and longing were the only things I felt as I anticipated his next move.

"Don't move." That calm voice that betrayed the Cat behind me spoke.

Foot steps retreated up the steps and it only took moments before they came back down. My chest was heaving, my wolf was confused. This is what I had been after, what I needed at this moment.

I felt his body heat behind me. The urge to take a step back to feel the naked man was strong but I resisted.

Something scraped against the floor and before I had a chance to even think twice about what I had been after the swish of something flying through the air and the slap combined with a sting landed on my back silenced any thoughts.

My eyes closed in bliss.

My wolf was raging, but I ignored him. Another strike, harder than the first hit the same spot and I felt my world center once more.

This punishment was what I wanted more than going outside to run. This is what would clear my head, make me forget about the conversation.

Pierce struck me eight more times before stopping. He breathed heavily and I could smell a sweet and heavy scent fill the room. I was familiar with it but couldn't place the smell.

Without a word, Pierce left me. I stayed standing, I wasn't given permission to sit, I wasn't told what to do next, so I stayed standing in the same spot, in front of my temporary bed, basking in the aftermath of my punishment. I would be obedient and wait for him to come back.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

AN: I am SO SORRY! This chapter is just crazy late. It was totally unintentional. My house got hit with the flu and it's been a whirlwind of gross. I'm still pretty sick myself but I needed to get this up. I will be posting the next chapter early as well.

Again I'm sorry for the delay 😭. It's just that time of year for us. 😷 thank you all for understanding and being patient with me!!

See you all in a few days with the next update!

Comments and votes give me life ❤️🙌🏻.

Thank you everyone for the comments and votes and messages! I truly appreciate all of them.❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 17.3K 16
Toby didn't like to talk to people or look them in the eye. He didn't need friends. Or did he? Shipped off to summer camp, Toby had more new things t...
262K 11K 36
Born into Shattered Moon pack, a pack most famous for the way they treat their Omegas. Locking them up, and putting shackles on them. Cassiel Jones w...
5.2M 278K 83
Oliver's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist and one of them is his mate, but things get dangerous when he starts to learn mo...
36.4K 2.1K 30
Toby Wentworth's life is a clusterfuck. For a lot of reasons. And one of them just happens to be the fact that he is very gay, and also so far in the...