the runaway bride | k. namjoon

By hellchyeahZL

"My hand reaching out to you is a fate decided." - Kim Namjoon, DNA More

the runaway bride
characters
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight

six

1.7K 142 18
By hellchyeahZL

jimin;

"Chimmmmyyy!!" Noah squiggled himself off sofa the and immediately ran towards the front door when he saw me coming in.

"Noah! Yes, chimmy is home." I hugged Noah's small body and brought him up on my arms when I stood up. "How's my favorite cat? I mean boy?"

Noah giggled and asked to be put down. I gently placed his feet on the floor and let him run off again in front of the TV to watch Dibo. Then I went to look around for my best friend and found her standing near the kitchen counter, blankly staring into thin air with her phone in her hand.

I walked towards her and stood there, staring at what she was staring at, "Is there an invisible TV in my kitchen? Or are you just being the overly dramatic bitch that you are?"

Still no reply. This bitch thinks she's a good actress. I then pulled a strand of her hair, "You don't ignore a beautiful person like me."

Hera was startled by me and hit my arm for scaring her, making me laugh out loud. "What's up? Why were you spacing out like that? Are communicating telepathically with aliens from across the universe?" I added, still teasing her.

"You'll never believe who I just talked to on the phone.." Hera's eyes are wide open and she sounded really surprised.

"The aliens?" I asked as I turned to the fridge and got myself a glass of water.

"Remember that guy I told you about when I ranaway from the wedding?" She turned to face me and I nodded because I was busy looking for food. "He called me just now and asked me to marry him."

"What?" I whipped my head towards her and studied her expression, "Are you serious? Is HE serious?" I added, "or maybe you're pranking me."

"I'm not pranking you. He really did say that." She insisted then went to show me the call history. "He offered me marriage in exchange for money. He said he can clear my family's debt."

"Isn't that the same reason why you were going to marry that old prune?" I told her just to make sense out of the situation. "You ranaway from that so why are you putting yourself in the same situation? Is it because he's young or is he handsome?"

"No, I mean, yes. He's a bit handsome and.. tall." Hera said, confused and not making any sense.

"Ooohh. Tell me more." I leaned forward and propped my chin on my palms.

"But that's not the point." She said, making me frown. "Jimin, he said it's only a marriage for show. I'm not going to be obligated to share a bed with him."

"So? You said yes?" I asked her then walked up to her and held her shoulders. "Fuck him."

"Jimin!!" She yelled at me.

"You're going to make my eardrums bleed!" I replied in the same volume then I remembered Noah was in the living room so we both quieted down.

"I didn't give him an answer yet." Hera replied, "and he said it's okay. He'll give me time to think."

"Hera, listen to me. I know I'm not the best at giving advise but I'm not against your decision. I just want you to give yourself time to think if this is really the right thing for you and your family." I told her as I looked straight in her eyes.

As her closest friend, I've been with her throughout her hardships and I witnessed how she stumbled over obstacles but stood herself up again. She is strong but I don't ever want to see her in any difficult situation again. "You don't have to jump into a decision right away. Think about Noah. He still depends on you."

💍

hera;

I sat in a taxi, looking out the window where people are out having lunch. Different kinds of people from different walks of life. I wonder if they have problems as big as mine or am I Just unlucky. It's been a week and I think I have the answer now but I'm still unsure. We agreed to meet up today and talk about the arrangement. I really need this. I have tried to make ends meet but my efforts are still not enough. I'm worried for Noah.

I don't want him to be taken away from me. Jiyong threatened me that he will take Noah from me and I believe he can. He has power and money that can buy the best legal team in the country and what do I have? I'm going to lose custody over Noah and I know he will do everything to separate him from me. Noah is too young to be away from his mother. I know I'm not the best mom but I love him so much. I will give my life for him. So I made up my mind. I'm going to take a risk.

I arrived at the address that Namjoon gave me. That was the name of the man who helped me before. I will never forget it. I paid the taxi driver and walked up to ring the doorbell. He is expecting me so it didn't take time for him to open the gate.

"Hi, come in." He greeted me with a small smile and invited me to come inside his home. "You can take a seat. Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you." I answered as I sat myself down in his living room.

His house is spacious and wasn't decorated with much details. It was not what I was expecting from him but I like it. The white walls made the atmosphere really light and peaceful. The interior was simple. There was a tiny garden in the middle of his house surrounded by fiberglass and the huge windows stretch from ceiling to ceiling.

"I'm sorry you had to travel so far." He finally joined me and sat down across from me. "I don't really like the city noise."

"Your home is beautiful." I told him and smiled.

"Thank you." He returned with a huge smile. Then he scooted to the edge of his seat as if he was uncomfortable. It became silent again and very awkward. The ringing of the doorbell broke the the ice and he quickly jumped up from his seat, "I forgot to tell you. I invited a lawyer for our meeting. Just so he can explain to you the full details of the arrangement."

I nodded. It wasn't a problem for me. I prefer to talk about this legally than just by ourselves. There could be loopholes and I'm scared I'll get myself in a much more difficult situation so I prefer we do it by the law.

"This is Mr. Han, he is in our company's legal team. Mr. Han, this is Hera Lim." Namjoon introduced the middle aged man and I stood up to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Lim." He said and we had a brief handshake before we all sat down.

"So," Namjoon clasped his hands together and looked at me, "I asked Mr. Han to prepare a contract. Mr. Han, you can show her the contract."

I wasn't surprised that there was a contract. I received the contract with exactly three pages and reviewed it carefully. I can tell that their legal team is really not something to be messed with. All the terms are clear and exact.

"If it's okay with you, may I read out the first agreement?" Mr. Han asked. Namjoon and I both agreed.

This legal document binds Kim Namjoon and Lim Hera, of both legal age and emancipated, to abide by the following terms;

1. Kim Namjoon, has agreed to pay the existing debt of Lim Hera, that sums up to $200 million, in exact amount in exchange for marriage.

"Hold on." I had to interrupt as I turned to Namjoon. "You're going to pay the full sum?"

"Of course." He said in all seriousness.

"I thought you were only going to pay maybe half of it.." I trailed off. Is he really serious? He has that sum of money. What exactly does he do?

"Don't worry about the money. I will take care of it." Namjoon gave me a small smile but I was still unsure how or where he's going to get that kind of amount and cash it out at once.

"Shall I continue?" Mr. Han asked me and I nodded silently.

2. The marriage duration is exactly 2 years and failure to abide by this will cost Lim Hera twice the amount of what Kim Namjoon has promised to pay for her family's debt. However, if Kim Namjoon fails to abide by this term, he is expected to pay the same amount.

3. Lim Hera is expected to reside with Kim Namjoon as long as the marriage is valid.

4. Both the participants, who have agreed to be wed to each other, will share all the responsibilities that may arise during the duration of the marriage i. e. rearing a child, managing a business

5. Any property acquired by either spouse before being wed is exclusively his/hers in accordance to the law on Conjugal Partnership of Gains of Properties.

6. When the marriage duration of 2 years is reached, both Kim Namjoon and Lim Hera will immediately file for an annulment.

"I think the contract is clear enough for me." I politely interrupted Mr. Han, "But I would like to add a few things."

Mr. Han glanced at Namjoon and he gave a nod towards me, a gesture to speak my wishes, "I want my son to live with us if we are going to be married and my younger brother to be able to go to school again. In exchange, I am going to submit myself to Kim Namjoon's wishes as long as it does not bring harm to me and my family."

Mr. Han gave the same look towards Namjoon, waiting for him to decide. Namjoon lifts his head up and spoke, "That can be arranged. Don't worry, I will take care of you and your family."

He reassured me with a gentle smile and I relaxed. "Then I've made my decision. I am willing to marry you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 15.8K 85
α΄œΙ΄α΄‹Ι΄α΄α΄‘Ι΄ Ι΄α΄œα΄Κ™α΄‡Κ€ : Ιͺᴍ α΄˜Κ€α΄‡Ι’Ι΄α΄€Ι΄α΄› α΄›α΄€α΄‡ΚœΚα΄œΙ΄Ι’ : Ιͺᴍ ɒᴀʏ | sΚœα΄Κ€α΄› α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€s |
52.7K 1K 24
"I'd choose you, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you." Started: 27/9/2018 Ended:...
3.8K 299 2
"i love you , and I'll always do ". Top kook bottom tae intersex Taehyung. Oneshots.
67.2K 2.3K 23
I lost the love of my life.... twice. Now what? Welcome to Book 3.... yeah that's right! I did it. {Book 4 !! Beyond Ink - Jungkook BTS}