Stress Comes Again (#2)- Comp...

By tankmama14

Liam and Bridget made it through a year together. Now, they're going on their second year. They have their fr... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Fifteen

140 5 0
By tankmama14

Lou was happy to baby sit Tailor since the boys were having a two day break and all the girls were here to be with he boys. The six were having some time to be adults on a yacht with them and a few others. While the other four were having fun, Liam and Bridget were just sitting together. Liam had his head on her lap. Her hand rested on his chest as her thumb gently rubbed over his skin. Everybody was in their bikinis and their swim trunks.

"Why don't you guys get in the water?" Harry asked as he did his famous hair flip.

"Just spending much needed time with each other?" Bridget replied feeling Liam intertwined their fingers. 

"Come on. You know you wanna do swimming."

"Harry, go away." Liam said with a smirk.

"Besides, I can't go swimming until these stitches are out." Harry nodded and looked at the stitches from where Bridget had the C-Section. Harry gave her a quick smile before running back to Taryn. Bridget watched as Taryn shrieked when Harry picked her up from behind and smiled. Harry finally found that person who he'd love forever. 

"We should get back to Tailor." Liam said as he looked up at Bridget. 

"You don't wanna have a break from being a dad already?" Bridget asked.

"No, I kinda miss him already."

"We'll go get him then. I was kinda thinking the same thing." Liam stood up and then pulled Bridget to her feet. Bridget then saw Niall and Grace standing away from the group kissing. Bridget smiled seeing how happy Niall was with Grace. But Bridget knew Niall would always love Sandy. She was his first girlfriend that liked him for who he was and not because he was in One Direction. She could see Niall's protective grip on Grace's waist. Liam pulled Bridget back to him.

"What's going on?" He asked cupping Bridget's face in his large hands.

"Nothing, just thinking is all," Bridget replied as she looked up at Liam.

"Talk to me, babe."

"I miss Sandy, that's all."

"There's more to it. I know you."

"Fine. I've beeN constantly worried that our life is too perfect and that something is gonna happen to cause everything to go away."

"What do you say that? Nothing is gonna make me regret marrying you or make me regret having a kid with you. I told you the day I married you, I wanted nothing more than to always have you by my side."

"I know. But our life just seems to good right now. Nothing is ever this perfect." Bridget was silence by Liam kissing her. Bridget's hands found their way to his neck as she pulled him as close as they could be. Bridget squealed when Liam picked her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist as his hands rested on her bum to keep her from falling.

"You know we're in public, right?"

"Yep, and I don't really care. They can take as many pictures as they want but I love you and I will do anything for you." In that moment, Liam saw some paparazzi taking pictures of him and Bridget. But it didn't faze him. He just leaned in and captured Bridget's lips in another kiss, while still holding her up.

-------------------------

After spending quite some time at the beach, Lou met up with Liam and Bridget at the hotel. They took Durk and Tailor back to their room where Durk immediately passed out on his bed leaving Liam and Bridget awake with Tailor.

"He looks like you already." Liam said as he looked at a sleeping Tailor. The baby was slowly getting bigger and both parents were amazed. Liam was such a good dad even for being 21 years old. 

"What are you thinking about?" Bridget asked looking at Liam.

"Just how incredible our life is now. I mean, we're both parents and sort of parents to your brother. It just seems unreal."

"It does seem unreal. But it's not a dream and we are young parents."

"I know now isn't the time to bring this up but have you thought about your parents?" Bridget sighed and looked over at Durk. She wasn't risking it and walked to the door. Liam put Tailor in the playpen and followed Bridget out in the hall and closed the door behind him. 

"My mum called me last night while you were asleep."

"And?"

"She's still trying to get me to forgive her. She didn't mention anything about Durk or if she wanted him back. All she said was she still wants me to forgive her and she want's to meet her grandson."

"What'd you tell her?"

"Told her that she will never get to see her grandson because of the hell she put me and Durk through."

"And she didn't like that?"

"Nope. She said we are stupid and childish for bringing a baby on the road. She thinks you got my pregnant on purpose because she says you were afraid to lose me. So I told her she was worthless, shitty, piece of crap mother for letting two of her kids go and not giving a crap about them. So she said she'd call CPS on me and take Tailor away from us." Bridget could see Liam's anger immediately start to rise. 

"She's not taking my son away from me!"

"We won't let her Liam. We have the backing of the band and your family to keep everything going. To keep our family going. My mother is not gonna take that baby away from us. I can promise you that. She's gonna say all sorts of things but I have proof that I spent that last 20 something years." Liam looked down and tried to push every emotion he had back down so he didn't explode. Bridget put her hands on Liam's sides and rubbed his sides with her thumbs. She pressed her forehead against his. 

"I don't wanna lose you or that baby."

"You won't, Liam. My parents won't get the baby anyway because she gave up me and Durk for the same reason. She couldn't handle either one of us." Liam continued to look down. Bridget cupped his face and made Liam look at her. She could see the anger and sadness in his eyes. "They aren't taking that baby away from us." Bridget pressed her lips to his and felt his arms wrap around her waist and pull her close. 

The two laid in bed together. They were both 17 years old but Karen never cared about them lying in bed together because they were friends. Liam had his right hand under his head and Bridget was using his clothed chest as a pillow. They were laying together in quiet because Liam would be auditioning for the X-Factor in two days.

"You think you're gonna get in this time?" Bridget asked sitting up and looked at Liam. 

"I'm hoping so." Liam replied sitting up and sat next to her. "I really wanna win but I know there's a lot of other people."

"Just believe in yourself. Who knows? One day you'll have a family that will help you as a singer."

Liam smiled at the memory when he remembered what Bridget had said. He pulled away and still had the smile on his face.

"What's with the smile?" Bridget asked smirking.

"Just remembering what you told me two days before I went to audition for the X-Factor." Liam replied and pulled Bridget slightly closer. 

"What did I say?"

"You said 'just believe in yourself. Who knows? Maybe you'll have a family that will you'."

"I said that, didn't I?"

"Yeah you did. And I would've never thought that I'd have my childhood best friend as my wife and the mother of my son."

"I guess fate just knew we needed each other. We may have lost Maisie and we'll never get over that but for some reason, Tailor survived and I think I know who helped that." 

"I'm just glad that you're with me and you're able to put up with everything that is thrown at you. With the tour and the still angry fans."

"Who else is gonna keep you grounded if I don't come?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After their short break, the boys had more concerts. The tour bus was in a fenced in compound enjoying some down time. There were fans yelling trying to get the boys' attention but they were messing around while Liam was with Bridget holding the baby. Tailor was growing fast and was starting the bonding process with his parents. The fans awed as Liam sat there with Tailor. 

"Alright boys, show time/" Paul said as he came out. Liam reluctantly handed Tailor back to Bridget and kissed her. The boys rushed inside as the girls got on the bus. Not even five minutes after Bridget put Tailor down for a nap, her phone started to buzz.

"Hello?" She answered the phone. 

"Bridget, we have a problem," Karen said on the other end.

"What's the problem?"

"I went by your house today to get the mail and check up on the animals. You're mum is filling for custody of Tailor and Durk. I think it would be best if you came home."

"Are you serious? Yeah, I'll tell Liam and the boys." After Bridget hung up her phone telling Paul she needed to go home. Paul then came rushing out and drove her to the airport with Durk and Tailor. Liam then met them there knowing he had to leave the tour again. Their flight home took forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time they arrived home, it was very early in the morning. They drove to Karen's house and she gave the letter to Bridget.

"Why would my mum be filing for custody of my son and the son she got rid off?" Bridget asked looking up from the paper.

"My guess would be is that she wants Tailor as hers to start over." Liam chimed in. 

"Well she's not getting him. She doesn't care about the granddaughter she lost and she doesn't care that we almost lost Tailor. All she cares about his her rotten self and the money she'd get."

"We're gonna have to go to court aren't we?" Liam asked with a sigh.

"Yeah, we are. Tomorrow." Liam walked away and walked up to his old room. Bridget and Karen shared a look and then Bridget followed him upstairs. She heard a couple of loud thuds and then a loud groan. Bridget walked into the room to see Liam punching the wall. "Liam! Stop!" Bridget got in between his fist and the wall and stared wide-eyed as his fist stopped inches from her face. 

"Damn, are you okay?" Liam asked dropping his fist. 

"You scared me." Bridget replied as Liam rested his head against the wall above Bridget's shoulder.

"I'm sorry." Bridget put her hand on his side and grabbed his fist with her other hand.

"You don't wanna hurt yourself, Liam. It's not gonna solve anything."

"I know but I'm furious and I don't know how to get it out."

"Just sit down and calm down. We're gonna solve this."

"It's gonna put a lot of issues on my reputation, babe." Liam looked at Bridget as he sat down.

"Do you really care about your reputation or your image?"

"No, all I care about is you and Tailor and Durk." Liam hugged Bridget and sighed as her arms wrapped around him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 71 19
Liam Payne and Bridget Reed have been friends since they were babies in diapers. Even before he was famous, Liam and Bridget shared that bond that co...
29.3K 707 42
{Book 2 - Completed} - On the outside, Parker Harrison's life seems perfect. A loving family of her and her brother, Garrett and their parents. But b...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
1K 28 14
What happens when a girl crosses paths with the one who saved her life?He continues to show up in her life.Is it fate?Can she learn to trust him?Read...