Heart Below SubZero

By TeasTakingOver

Sky and Ty have had a "complicated" relationship. Sky has had a crush on Ty for a while and vice versa. They'... More

Warm Heart
Calm Before The Storm
Plan in Action
I'm Gonna Win The Hunger Games!!
Time to Work
Seto's Night
Jason Im Confused
Confession
Breakdown and Break-Through
Finally Skylox
Fangirls and a Filler
Prepare for Battle
Attack on Squids pt. 1
Attack on Squids pt 2
WHERE'S THE CHAPTER WOMAN?!
Back to the Base
Who Dunnit?
Decisions
I Couldn't Come Up With A Title...
The Master Plan
Detective Jason
Detecive Jason... Backfired??
Captured
Catching Up
Pick Pocket
Technically A Filler
At the Beach
In the Squid Base
Found Them
For Team Crafted
Back at the Base...
Seperated
Reunion
Whatever
Fight For Him
Love My Enemy
STUPID UPDATE
Unspoken
Don't Give Up Hope
This is It
The End
Epilouge
Alternative Ending (SkyZero Requested)

Confrence Conflict?

1.4K 42 93
By TeasTakingOver

Chapter 16-

SKY'S POV

I rubbed my temples, trying to will the headache to go away. I've come the the conclusion that concussions absolutely SUCK. I hated this.

And I didn't even have Ty with me because he went to grab every officer for the meeting. Apparently this last attack caused a huge blow on our army since we don't know how we were so easily overpowered by the squids.

The meeting was in half an hour and I'm still laying in bed, swinging my sword in the air aimlessly, as though it'd bring entertainment. It didn't. I groaned.

I dropped the sword onto the bed and tried to roll onto my side. Bad idea. My back gave a protesting pain, so I stayed still. How the hell am I suppose to get to the meeting room if I can't even sit up properly?

I laid there for a bit. 'What the hell are we suppose to do now?' I thought. Squids are gonna pose a problem now. That I knew.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, expecting a recruit to come in to check up on me but no. It was Sub. In his hand was a white board. I smiled.

"Hey, what's up man?" I asked. He have a small but warm smile. A look of relief was on his face. He stood next to my bed and held up a finger, motioning for me to wait a second.

He wrote on the white board with a dry erase marker.

<How ya feelin?>

"I'm fine, just a little banged up." I said with a wave of the hand. <I was told you have a bit of a back prob. Tht doesn't sound fun :( >

"Nah, I don't really need to move. Why sit and walk around when I can just lay in bed all day?" I sarcastically said. His shoulders rose in a silent chuckle.

"So, what've you been doing since we delayed making videos?" I asked. He shrugged. <Nm. Just been hangin in my office since you were busy>

"Huh? Why didn't you hang with the others? I don't think Oakward or Dartron were doing anything either." I said. He shrugged.

<It wouldn't be the same. They just aren't as cool as you ;) >

I grinned. "Yeah, I am pretty cool." I joked. Yeah right I am. I chuckled and he kinda bit his lip to prevent a laugh. But his smile slipped afterwards.

<You sure you're okay?>

I nodded even though it caused discomfort in my head. "I'm fine. Besides the back I have a concussion but that's it. Seto says it should go away in a few days." He smiled. <That's good>

I was grateful that he was concerned. I don't think I talked to him since that night when we watched Attack on Titan. That was the night before I asked Ty out. Sub really was a good friend.

I gave him a warm smile back. We talked for a while about what kind of map we should do when we have time and who we should invite.

<Mayb we should do 1 by ourselves, ya know?? ;) > He gave a suggestive back and forth gesture with his finger. I laughed. "Yeah, sounds like fun. Maybe sometime you me and Ty can do a map too?" I said.

He lowered his white board and gave a nod, not looking me face to face anymore. Huh? Was it something I said?

"Hey, uh, is there something wrong?" I asked, reaching out and placing a hand on his arm. He looked up and gave another small smile. He shook his head.

<No, nothin. Btw, how are you & Ty? I heard from a little birdy wearing a checkered sweater tht ya asked him out.> He wrote.

I chuckled a bit. "Mitch, huh? Yeah he took that info over the top... Me and Ty are going pretty good. Though I wish that we could've had more time to spend together lately. After what happened at the invasion I doubt we can hang out much. We both are going to be busy." I explained, kinda down about the fact.

He gave a small nod. <Well, don't worry! If ya need company, I'm always here!> He energetically wrote.

Wow, he really is a good friend. He sparked a bit of warmth in my chest. I can actually say that I can trust him. Just like I can trust Ty.

Suddenly Seto's voice came over the intercom.

"Attention to Sky Army officers. Please meet in the conference room right away. When I said an hour I meant for you to be here in an hour. Hurry up, we have much to discuss..." He sounded pretty upset.

"Well, we don't want to keep Mr. Magic Man waiting." I said. Sub nodded. <Yea, he didn't sound too happy. Need help??> I nodded.

As he was helping me up, I noticed something and felt my face warm up. "Uh, Sub? Can you hand me a shirt?"

--------

TY'S POV

I hurried to the conference room, cursing myself for letting myself be late. Thankfully I wasn't the only one late. As I was on my way down the hall, Kyle turned the corner and rushed past me, running fast.

I would've thought he didn't want to be late either, but judging by the expression on his face I could tell he wasn't eager to get to the meeting.

"KYLE, YOU SACK OF SHIT, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE SO I CAN BEAT YOU!" I heard Tyler yell from behind me. No sooner than that he zoomed past me. He was chasing Kyle for some reason I probably don't want to question. Those two always do this anyways.

By the time I got to the meeting room, Kyle was taking cover behind Mitch and Jerome. "Hey man, what's wrong?" Jerome questioned, trying to calm Tyler down. "Yeah, what'd he do this time?" Mitch added.

"Kyle told Janet that I left the base for the invasion and now I have to move in with her so she can keep an eye on me! God damn it Kyle, I'm so gonna kill you!" Tyler shouted, trying to get between the two.

"I'm sorry man! She called and asked where you were! She wanted to talk to you and I can't lie to her! Do you know what she'll do to me?!"

The room started to fill up with the officers and Seto was obviously getting annoyed. With Tyler and Kyle shouting back and forth and some people still missing, I can tell why. Finally he took his seat and slammed his hand on the table.

"That's enough! I'm getting this meeting started at once! I have a very serious subject to share with you all. Now let's get down to... Where's Sky?" He asked.

We all looked around. I realized that I forgot to at least send someone to go get Sky since I also forgot that he can't move very much by himself. Damn it why do I have to be so forgetful? Some boyfriend I am. I quickly stood up. "I'll go get him!" I said.

"No need. Look." Dartron said, pointing to the door. We looked to see Sky being helped by Sub into the room. He was leaning against Sub and the latter put the hurt boys arm around his neck to support him. Sky flashed a smile.

"Sorry we're late. There was no handicap lane in the hall." He joked as Sub sat him in a seat next to me. He painfully leaned back in it. "You okay?" I asked him. He nodded and tried to ignore the pain.

Seto quickly called everyone to attention. "Good. We couldn't have started without our leader. Finally we can start. Like I said, we have a serious matter to discuss. Bodil, Brice, if you'd please?"

Suddenly there was a clicking sound and Bodil and Brice were blocking the locked doors. They didn't look too happy. "Huh? Seto, what's the meaning of this?" AntVenom asked."Yeah,why lock us all in here?" Tyler asked.

Seto clasped his hands and laid them on the table, eyeing us. "It's so that none of you can run away. Men, the reason I called every single one of you here today is so that we can figure this out as a unit. I'm sorry to say this but I'll get right to the point. Someone in this room is a traitor."

I swallowed hard. Multiple gasps were heard. A traitor? In the base? It can't be an officer, I know these guys and they wouldn't do something like that!

We all dedicated our lives to work together not only as coworkers but friends. The thought of a double crosser being in this room was... Unnerving.

I looked over to Sky, who seemed to take the news worse of all. I mean, he trusted every single one of us. His fists were clenched but his face was full of surprise. Confusion filled his expression but it soon turned to anger.

"Seto, are you accusing one of our own to be disloyal?" He asked, glaring from behind his glasses. Seto gave a solemn nod. "Sadly, yes. But it is just an accusation and not on a certain person." He said.

"On what grounds do you have the right to accuse someone?" Oakward asked, leaning forwards in worry. Of course the newer officers were worried. They probably thought they weren't as trust worthy as the older ones.

Bodil spoke up. "Because I'm the one who brought it to light." He said. Sky turned to him. "And why, exactly, are my officers being accused?" He asked. By now he was almost shaking with worry and anger. It kinda worried me.

Bodil ran a hand through his hair then answered. "I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed the complete fail we had at the invasion. The squids had outnumbered us and knew exactly what we were doing. Down to the last detail."

"What do you mean?" Ross asked. This time, Tyler spoke up.

"Yeah, I noticed that too. We got our asses handed to us but that's only because they were prepared. It struck me as odd but I never really gave it much thought." He said.

"So you think someone told them what the plans were?" Aviator asked. Seto nodded. "B-but you never told any of us the plans! You just said what you were doing but not where and how!" Kyle said, trying to defend.

Brice held up a hand. "Calm down. We know it wasn't most of you. In fact, we narrowed it down to the only possible suspects." He said. My eyes widened in realization.

"You think it's one of us that were on the invasion, don't you? Because we're the only ones who knew the plans besides you and Seto." I said. To think that someone I was just fighting with had turned their back on us...

"But that doesn't leave much options. So why bring all of us here for such a small group of suspects?" Dartron asked.

"So that we can figure out as a team who exactly it was,"Seto said,"And what we should do with them."

"But I thought you said it was only suspicion." Jerome pointed out. "You can't jump to conclusions Seto. We need to find out if there really is a traitor or if the squids had any other way of finding out the plans." Ant added.

"I'm not taking any chances. Through process of elimination, we will find out who had any chance or motive of communicating our plans with the squids, work this out as a team, and then, if no one is confirmed, we will work on if the squids can and did ease drop." Seto explained. "Sound good to you Sky?"

Sky pinched his lips in a straight line to think. I can only imagine the feeling of betrayal he's experiencing should there really be a traitor. He sighed and gave a nod.

"Fine, but I'm telling you right now: I trust my men and I know none of them would do something like this. We're wasting our time." He said. Determination was evident on his face.

Seto gave a nod. "If there is no traitor then this will be no problem and it will be quick." He said.

"But there were only 5 higher-ups that knew every detail to the plan. And we all know Sky didn't do it, he's the leader for Notch's sake." Mitch pointed out.

"And Bodil is the one who suspected it. He wouldn't bring attention to himself like that if he was a traitor." Ian said, pondering. I glanced around. That only left me, Jason, and Tyler. I can see the disbelief in Sky's face.

I knew for a fact I was in the clear (duh) so that meant that if there was a traitor, it'd be Tyler or Jason. If either of them were shown to have back stabbed us, I don't think I would ever be able to trust again. They were two of my closes friends.

There were murmurs around the table about this. I clenched my fists. There's no way there was a someone like that here. This was a waste of time. And yet the possibility still hung in the air.

After a minute of talking amount themselves, the groups attention was caught by a certain animator raising his hand. He held up a white board he was carrying around.

<May I just get something out there?> it read.

Seto nodded. "Of course." He said. I was a bit surprised Sub was actually taking part of this. He usually never did. He took a quick second to write before holding up the board again. My throat constricted.

<I think it was Ty>

------

(A/N: And the plot thickens... Mwahahaha. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

If you're enjoying the story so far, gently tap that follow button and be patient with my slow brain :D

Love you guys and good night <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6K 45
~ Byliśmy głupcami, którzy nadepnęli na cienki lód, myśląc, że mając siebie, mają wszystko. Szkoda, że rozpalając swoje lodowate serca, zapomnieliśmy...
363K 10.2K 35
Dwudziestoletnia Laura dostaje zaproszenie do posiadłości pewnego dziedzica fortuny. Czy odważy się i pójdzie? Czy zwykły bal charytatywny przerodzi...
89.5K 8.3K 16
Po pięciu latach w Azkabanie i ośmiu na wygnaniu, owiana złą sławą Lux Hardbrooke powraca do świata czarodziejów. Dumbledore podejmuje kontrowersyjną...