Let's be Cliché || Lashton

By GiraffeLegsLuke

"Let's show them that we can be the same as any heterosexual couple." He grinned. "But how?" "Get a piece of... More

Basic Flirting - Day One
Basic Flirting - Day Three
Ultra Super Casual
Ultra Super Casual Again
Intimidation is Key
Hand Hugs
Step 3.5 - Skip Day
Step 3.6 - Party
Step 3.7 - Pep Talk
Step 3.8 - Unplanned
Death Grip
Notes and Hoes
Checkered Markets
Awkward First Dates
Daddio
Pairs
Step 4 - Kiss Me
Unofficially Official
The Guy
Windows
Lunch
House of Cards
Late Nights
Green Lights
Midnight
Take Flight
Baby
Pool Nerdles
Twenty One
Table Talk
Mediocre at Best
Fries Before Guys
Dinner With The Shmucks
The Sun and The Moon
Seventeen Short
Pocket Change
Fuckin' Lit
iTop
Rebellious Streak
Character Ask (closed)
Moments Like These
Character Answers
Welcome Back
And We All Fall Down
Good Things

Let's be Cliché || Lashton

14.1K 589 503
By GiraffeLegsLuke

A/N: Right off the bat I would like to say this story idea is in no way mine and all credit goes to SS_Larry98.

The gif is absolutely 100% super adorable by the way, just thought I'd mention that.

"Let's show them that we can be the same as any heterosexual couple." He grinned.

"But how?"

"Get a piece of paper and a pen." He paused, flashing his perfect white teeth. "Lets be Cliché."

>< >< >< ><

"I'm so sick of them!" Luke exclaimed, walking into his best friends room without knocking. Ashton nearly jumped out of his skin when the tall blonde barged into his room late Sunday morning. He placed his laptop down quickly and sat up, looking expectantly at the boy with piercing blue eyes. It wasn't abnormal for Luke to vent to Ashton after school, but on weekends it was a different story.

"Everyone! They are so stupid! Can't they see we're just friends? Just because I'm gay and you're bi doesn't mean we're automatically together." He ranted, pacing thoughtfully on Ashton's worn out deep red carpet.

The two had been friends since Luke began high school, no one was the least bit surprised when Ashton came out to the school. The football team would always cat call when he walked by even before Ashton was able to come out to his parents, other students had assumed and taunted him with gay remarks since he'd started school.

Luke and Ashton's first interaction had actually come when Luke was attempting to beat the vending machine to death when it ate his twenty dollar bill, Ashton was the one to get punched in the eye for laughing at the blonde.

As you can probably see, Luke happened to be quite the asshole. Of course, in nicer terms he was considered the bad boy. That's why it was a surprise when Luke became friends with the cheeky ray of sunshine that is Ashton Irwin.

"I don't mind," Ashton mumbled, ducking his head to hide the light blush that covered his cheeks. "At least nobody will be able to steal you away from me." At that Luke sat down next to Ashton, quickly grabbing his hands.

"Oh Ashton, no one will ever be able to do that. You'll always come first." Luke tried to soothe, even though comforting the curly haired boy had never been his strong suit.

>< >< >< ><

"Ash, its okay. Don't worry." Luke mumbled under his breath as they began walking toward the hall, the one where so many bad things happened to Ashton. Most if not all being painful and Ashton cringed just thinking about it. One of the lights was in disrepair down the hall, giving a ten foot stretch of pitch black on the way to their music class.

The one class they had together, since Luke was younger and the music course was open to all grades.

Luke had convinced and basically dragged the older boy this way, wanting to get to class on time because they'd returned to school grounds much later than they had originally planned--mostly because Luke was absolutely convinced that he could win the large stuffed duckling for Ashton from the mall's claw machine, it was currently taking up half the capacity of Ashton's locker which was a bit of a stretch because the duck was pretty round to say the least.

The light above flickered, putting up a fight for a few seconds before plunging them into black.

Ashton let out a short nearly inaudible shriek, jumping closer to Luke. The light turned back on, allowing the two boys to see once again.

They neared the burnt out bulb quietly, that was until a shadow moved in the dark. Luke had grabbed Ashton's hand to keep him from running away.

Ashton was softly muttering profanities and making up new words for the amount of hate he feels for Luke at the moment. Luke would have laughed at the older boys word choice ranging from 'goat' to 'mother of a butt sucking horse with no teeth and dicks for legs' if he wasn't surveying the area for any immediate danger.

"Well well well," The acidic voice jeered from the shadows, a voice Ashton knew so well. "What a lovely surprise." It commented, followed by the slow rhythmic thud of footsteps.

"Such a cute couple." The sarcasm seemed to seep out of his mouth in thick black clouds, engulfing Ashton in past memories that threatened to choke him.

Jared finally stopped when the light could just barely reveal his face, creating thick shadows across his features, making him look more sinister, evil, angry. His dark brown eyes looked like deep pits of death in Ashton's opinion.

Luke kept Ashton moving, determined on walking to music class without getting into another fight. Jared was quick to step into his way, "Where do you think your going Lucas? I haven't finished talking to you and your. . . . Boyfriend." The way he said it chilled Ashton's blood, sending his heart into an ice cold frenzy. The term was always used in such a light and happy manner, coated in honey, sincerity andlove.

The way Jared said it was built with so much venom and hate, sarcasm and utter mocking it made Luke want to grimace.

"Got a problem Raymond?" Luke spat, all plans of taking the high road disappearing fro his mind. He could already feel the skin to skin contact he was about to make with Jared's face on his fist, he could already hear the inevitable crack that would follow his gesture.

Jared's mouth twitched in displeasure at the mention of his real name, eyes flicking over to Ashton to see his reaction to the new found information. Nothing, Ashton's expression was completely blank, caught up in his own thoughts.

"Yeah, you and your thing," He pauses to gesture to the shorter boy with distaste. "sicken me to no end. Do me a favour and just stop." Jared's look of distaste is replaced by his usual cool and unforgiving smirk. "That would be much appreciated, thanks."

"Uh, you know what? No." Luke states, putting his free hand on his hip.

"What do you mean 'no'? You fags couldn't even be cute if you tried." Jared sneered, startling Ashton out of his thoughts.

"What do you mean?" Luke countered like a three year old.

"I mean, look around. All these couples, and not a single gay one, do you know why? Because its not natural. All of these couples, doing cute couple shit. Cute couple shit that fags like you can't do. Face it, its impossible to be a happy gay couple. It just doesn't work." Jared spat in a matter of fact tone.

"You're wrong." A quiet voice mumbled, entering the conversation for the first time. Jared turned to Ashton in surprise.

"I've met happy gay couple before."

Jared laughed loudly, "Oh sure you have!"

"You know Calum Hood? Goalie for Midwest High's footie team?" The question was rhetorical, Ashton already knew Jared has heard of Calum because he's on their school's football team. Calum happened to be the star player, but he was best at being a Goalie.

"What does Calu-" Ashton quickly cut him off, "He's pan-sexual and happily dating a guy right now."

"There's no fag couples around here though." Jared tries to point out, grasping on straws while he tries to prove a point.

Luke wraps an arm around Ashton's shoulder, "Well there is now." He jumps in proudly.

"We're going to be so cute, you'll want to vomit." Luke grins mischievously, before lightly shoving Jared out of the way so the two could continue walking to Music class.

(✿⊙‿⊙)~

"Okay, I've devised we should make a list." Luke explains excitedly, walking Ashton through on his plan.

"So, first on our list is basic flirting, casual touching and brushing of arms, followed by hand holding, add some subtle kisses, and then the declaration of love." Luke jots down each thing.

1. Basic Flirting (giggles and stuff)

2. Ultra super casual touches (intentional arm brushing, etc.)

3. Hand Holding (public hand holding on the DL (it means 'Down Low' Ashton)

4. Secret Kissy Kissy (quick nosey kisses and cheek pecks)

5. DECLARATION OF THE UNDYING LOVE

Ashton snorts at his word choice and laughs harder when Luke surrounds number five with little scribbled hearts in red pen which contrasted not only the black ink but the boy drawing them.

"We'll add more later." He adds, ripping the piece of lined paper out of his notebook and taping it to the wall in Ashton's room right under a nail, to which he replaces the large picture frame that contains a picture of five year old Ashton with a good amount of cake plastered to his face.

"Let's get Cliché" Luke announces.

A/N: I don't know about you but I am super excited for this book, although I won't be starting it anytime soon (that's why I gave you a super long beginning chapter) and it pains me but I need to finish Daft or Stranger or both before I become super committed to this and end up neglecting the others.

I decided to post it now to get some of your thoughts and feedback on it.

Are you excited? I'm excited. Super excited.

I might update this sooner if I get really bored.

Put your thoughts and opinions in the comments and

Have a lovely day? xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 779 8
"What's so great about reading about the same two f**kers falling in love, over and over again?" A compilation of original Lashton oneshots. Everyth...
370K 18.4K 13
"I may be shorter than you, but I most certainly do not bottom." WARNING: Smut Dom!Ashton © 2014 iCheeseYou
42.5K 1.1K 31
Here to feed your Muke appetite. Requests closed. © ValleyOfTheDiamonds
131K 7.7K 37
❝ I loved what we had. Sneaking behind everyone's backs, sharing secret kisses and something occasional whenever we were alone - it was everything to...