Distract Me [Kehlani×XXXTenta...

By JhoniiBlxze

"Don't touch my shit, don't even look at my shit. Don't even breathe around me because don't nobody wanna sme... More

[[Distract Me]]
Chapter×1
Chapter×2
Chapter×3
Chapter×4
Chapter×5
Chapter×6
Chapter×7
Chapter×8
Chapter×9
Chapter×10
Chapter×11
Chapter×12
Chapter×13
Chapter×14
R.I.P.
what now
Chapter×15
Chapter×16
Chapter×17
Chapter×18
Chapter×19
Chapter×20
Chapter×21
Chapter×23
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter×24
Chapter×25
Chapter×26
Chapter×27
Chapter×28
Chapter×29
Chapter×30
Chapter×31(pt.2)
Chapter×32

Chapter×22

1K 58 126
By JhoniiBlxze

Preservation of the peace, an ideal world
Never lonely when you flowin' through my mind, girl

-XXXTENTACION

[This chapter MAY be short!!]

××××××××××××××××××××××××

Jahseh

"Jah, I can't believe this is happening. Well I can, but it's still shocking to me." Kehlani vented to me as I ran my fingers through my dreads. I couldn't believe this was happening either, honestly. I never thought that my aunt would actually marry Kehlani's dad, but obviously I was wrong.

"What we post to do now?" I asked her, and she looked at me. "Too much shit is going on at once, Lani. Not only is your dad gonna marry my aunt, but I don't even know if I'm gone be here to see the wedding."

"What do you mean by that, Jahseh?" She said in a worried tone.

"Did you forget that tomorrow, I have to go back to court to see if I'm a free man or not? If they decide that I'm guilty, then I might be gone for a long time. I don't want to go to jail, Kehlani, and I also don't want them to get married, but it's too late."

She looked down at her feet, then looked back up at me. Her eyes showed nothing but sympathy. "I know. This is all my f--"

"Stop, don't say it." I cut her off. "None of this is your fault."

I noticed her eyes becoming glossy, and when she blinked then looked away from me, a couple tears escaped from her eyes and slid down her face. "I-I should've controlled my anger, Jah. I let it get the best of me." She began to cry.

I honestly didn't know what to do because Kehlani doesn't cry in front of me often, and when she does, I can only imagine how to make her feel better with no problem.

I moved closer to her before wrapping my arms around her. She hid her face into my chest and she sobbed, wrapping her arms around me. "Kehlani, please don't cry." I said, slightly feeling myself tear up.

"This is all my fault, Jah." She sobbed.

"No it isn't, stop saying that. It's not your fault that Geneva is delusional as fuck, and it's definitely isn't your fault that I chose her dumb ass in the first place." She didn't say anything, she just held me tighter and sniffed. "If I have to go to prison, promise me you'll do great while I'm gone. I want you to be the best version of you that you can be, because the only person that could really make you great, is you."

She sighed. "Jahseh, I--"

"Promise me, Kehlani."

She looked up at me and wiped tears out of her eyes. Her small button nose was red, and so were her cheeks. "I promise."

I leaned in and kissed her, and she kissed me back. When we pulled apart, she rested her forehead on mine and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry, Jah." She said.

"You shouldn't be sorry, Lani." I sighed, bringing her closer to me.

-

Kehlani

"I just lost it, Sky. I couldn't control myself from keeping my emotions in order." I sighed as I laid my head on Sky's lap and she played with my hair. We were in my bedroom, and I was telling her about what happened earlier between me and Jahseh.

"It's OK, babygirl. It's alright to be emotional sometimes, especially since he's going through a lot of shit right now." She stroked my hair.

"I know, but, I just can't help but feel like this is my fault. If only I hadn't hit Geneva--"

"He probably still be in this same situation, Kehlani. Geneva is fucking crazy, so she probably would have done something way more sadistic if anything. None of this your fault, nor is it his fault. It's not fair for you to keep blaming yourself because it is most likely making him feel bad, all because you feel like your wrongdoing is causing him to go away. Shit, if anything, he most likely won't even be gone long. All you have to do is keep communication with him, and it'll almost be like he'd still be here by then. So please, K, stop dwelling on thinking this is all your fault because it isn't."

All of a sudden, my eyes filled with tears, and silent tears sliding across my face, led to me completely crying on Sky's lap. I don't know why I'm so emotional about this whole situation. Is it guilt? Is it some form of depression? Whatever's wrong with me is affecting me deeply.

"Kehlani, sweetheart, why are you crying?" Sky sighed. I could tell she was starting to get fed up with me being emotional.

"I don't know." I sobbed. "I don't know why this is taking such a t-toll on m-me, Sky."

She lifted me up and helped me sit up straight before looking at me. "Kehlani, tell me what's on your mind. What is troubling your heart? Because it's not just about X going to court tomorrow."

"I don't know, Sky! Maybe I'm jealous! I'm jealous because Geneva possibly has a part of him inside of her, growing into a child that I could never have! Whether or not if it's there, she still has the ability to say he was hers, and that bothers me! She never deserved him, and all she did was take him for granted and ruined his life! What hurts me most, is that he loved her, and not me! W-why couldn't he love me? I was there for him for as long as we have been close, and I never stopped caring for him! I-it isn't fair that out of all boys and out of all things, he had to be my stepbrother."

I paused to stand up and wipe my face with my jacket sleeve, trying to control my tears and heavy breathing. "Jahseh means everything to me, Sky. I can't lose him. I feel like he might be gone for so long, all because of that stupid bitch! Why did she have to do this to him? He doesn't deserve this at all, it isn't fair, Sky."

Sky pushed her hair away from her face as she sighed. "Kehlani, are you in love with Jahseh?"

My facial expression dropped. Am I in love with Jahseh?

"N-no? I-I don't know."

Sky sighed and shook her head as stood up. "Baby girl, you are. It's okay if you are in love with him, Kehlani. It may only feel wrong because your parents are getting married, but in all honesty, that doesn't really stop you from loving him. Now you can't force your dad and Janice to not get married, and you can't make them not look at you and him crazy if they were to find out what's been happening between the two of you. But, what you can do is be true to your feelings."

I sighed as I nodded my head. "You're right, Sky." I said as I pulled her into a hug. "What would I do without you?"

She chuckled. "Sis, I don't even know."

-

"Hey." I heard Jahseh say before knocking on my opened bedroom door. I sat up on my bed as I looked at him. "Can I come in?"

I chuckled. "Since when do you ask if you could come inside of my room?"

He smirked before letting out a laugh as he entered my bedroom. "Whatever. Where'd the parents go?"

"They went to go have a private engagement celebration at a fancy hotel." After I said that, Jahseh made a face full of disgust.

"Alright, well thank you for putting that nasty ass visual in my head." He groaned as he sat on my bed.

I chuckled. "Hey, I had to hear the news, so you have to also."

He shook his head, and then the room fell silent. He placed his hand on my thigh, and I looked up into his eyes. A part of me wanted to tell him how I felt, but another part felt like it wouldn't even matter. I hate having an internal conflict, because it gives me mixed emotions, and it feels like I'm having battles with myself that takes over all of me.

"I don't want you to leave me, Jahseh." I quietly said, looking down. He sighed before grabbing my hand, and using his finger to lift my head up to look at him.

"Kehlani, you don't have to worry about me. This won't be the first time I've gone to jail anyway." He rolled his eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean? You've been to juvie?"

He nodded his head. When I was about 16, I went to juvie for armed robbery, and they charged me for possession of a weapon. Pretty much when I was 16, I did a lot of fucked up and bad shit. I mean, I know I'm not really no better now, but I feel like I improved in a slight way."

"You actually improved a lot."

(A/N: this is really X's first mugshot, but I honestly do not know the real charges behind this. If you know, I would very much love for you to say in the comments 😂 xoxo)

He chuckled as he looked at me. "I don't think so."

I smirked as I straddled him, causing him to automatically place his hands on my butt. "But I do."

He leaned in closer and so did I until our lips finally connected. He passionately kissed me and I happily kissed him back as I wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss grew more intense as he leaned back and began to tug at my shirt, indicating for me to take it off. I paused the kiss briefly to take off my shirt and I tossed it somewhere on my floor before we continued the kiss...

Omniscient

"Sweetheart, I promise I'll only be a second, I just need to find that special thing really quick. I'll hurry back to the hotel as soon as I get it." Janice reassured Richard over the phone as she walked up the steps to her front door. "Alright, Janice. Hurry back soon, mi amor. Te amo."

She smiled as she stuck her house key into the front door lock and turned it the right way. "I love you more, baby. See you in a bit." She said before finally hanging up and stuffing her phone into her coat pocket.

She sighed as she walked inside of the house, instantly greeting herself with a reminder that Kehlani was home and probably asleep, so she kept as quiet as possible creeping upstairs. She quietly walked past Kehlani's dark bedroom and moved swiftly, due to the door being open. She didn't want to make any sudden sound that would make her wake up in an instant.

After finally reaching her bedroom and grabbing everything that she needed, Janice, feeling accomplished with herself, carefully left out of her room and stood quietly in the hallway as she closed the door softly.

"Oh my God, yes! Right there!" Kehlani's soft voice moaned, causing Janice to furrow her eyebrows and look over her shoulder at the open bedroom door. She quietly moved closer to the wall and inched closer to the door a little to remain hidden. She had only hoped that she was hearing wrong.

"Fuck, yes! Don't stop!" Kehlani moaned again, and this time Janice was completely shocked. She didn't know how to react: should she barge in and stop what was going on? Should she leave and let Richard deal with his daughter? Should she at least give Kehlani a lecture as soon as possible? She knew that she couldn't really punish her, because she didn't want to cause a wedge in the family.

Deciding against all her thoughts, she decided to attempt to barge in and interrupt, but she instantly stopped when the pair under the covers switched positions, and Janice noticed a shirtless Jahseh was revealed.

With her eyes widened in horror and shock, Janice covered her mouth to prevent any noise to escape from it and quickly moved away from the scene and hurried downstairs. Her high heels clacking against the floor caused Jahseh and Kehlani to immediately stop what they were doing and look at each other in confusion. Knowing to hurry up and leave, Janice hurried out of the house, closing the door behind her.

"Wait, did you hear that?" Kehlani looked at Jahseh worriedly.

"Yeah, do you want me to go check it?" Jahseh suggested.

"No, n-no. J-just keep going. It was probably something that fell. I was cleaning earlier."

Meanwhile, Janice sat in her car as she tried to apprehend what she just saw. She didn't know what to say, what to do, how to feel. The best she could do was to try to breathe and calm down, and to just do her best to not let it get the best of her emotions and anger.

There wasn't anything she could do.

-

Kehlani

"Okay, just relax and breathe. Whatever the judge says, do not lose control, alright?" Sky coached me as we prepared to go inside of the courtroom. I was trying so hard not to cry or to get overemotional. "Yes." I nodded my head. Sky sighed softly as she pushed the door open, leading me into the quiet courtroom. Jahseh and his lawyer were sitting at the defendant desk, and Geneva and her lawyer sat at the plaintiff desk. I breathed deeply, trying not to get angry at the sight of her.

As the officer finished explaining to the judge about something, Sky and I sat next to Ski and Wifi, who were also sitting behind Jahseh. I looked behind us and saw that Cleo, my dad, and Janice were a couple rows behind us. Janice had an uncomfortable look on her face when she saw me, so I turned back around, trying to shake that moment off.

"What does the defendant plead in this case?" The judge asked Jahseh's lawyer.

"Not guilty, your Honor." His lawyer responded back.

"Objection, if I may, your Honor." Geneva's lawyer stood up. "Mr.Onfroy had been abusing my client for nearly a year, and when she managed to finally escape from captivity, she was highly afraid for her life, saying that he was going to kill her. Ms.Ayala has suffered physically and emotionally, and we believe that this man should not go free."

The jury and the people in the courtroom began to murmur, causing the judge to pound his gavel. "Order!" He commanded, causing the room to fall silent again. "Sustain, Mr.Meyers."

"Your Honor," Geneva's lawyer started. "how long will we wait until domestic violence is taken seriously? Many men, children, and especially women, suffer everyday of their lives dealing with domestic abuse. My client was one of those victims, and she demands justice not just for herself, but for other domestic violence victims also."

"Objection, your Honor." Jahseh's lawyer intervenes as Geneva's lawyer sat down.

"Overruled. Mr.Onfroy, you plead not guilty, but it also appears that you violated a house arrest agreement related to a home invasion, robbery, and aggravated battery case in 2015."

"Your Honor, my client was a troubled youth that needed guidance and has dealt with a lot of personal troubles, this should not be held over his head."

"Your point is not valid, Mr.Davis. Has the jury came to an agreement over recess?" "Yes, your Honor." The jury foreman stood up.

"The jury finds the defendant, guilty of the 2015 charges, and guilty of the domestic violence charges."

I felt my heartbeat speed up as tears began to fill my eyes and my breathing became rapid. Sky wrapped her arms around me in an instant. "Kehlani, calm down." She whispered.

"Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy, I hereby sentence you to 3 years max in a juvenile detention center. Adjourned." The judge pounded the gavel, allowing the officers to handcuff Jahseh. Cleo stood up and walked over to where Jahseh was. Tears were spilling out of her eyes as his eyes were slightly watery.

"I'm going to get you out of this, baby. I promise." Cleo said moving a dread away from his face.

"I love you Mom." He said as they began to take him away. I got up and immediately rushed out of the courtroom, and as soon as I got outside, I began to sob. Sky quickly left out of the courtroom and held me up, causing me to cry on her shoulder.

"Kehlani, calm down, it's okay. He's going to be fine, you can visit him, you can still see him. It's okay, baby girl." Sky said as she embraced me.

"Sky, I-I can't---" I began to cry hysterically. Everyone else came out of the courtroom, and Ski and Wifi came over to us to help Sky console me. Just then, the bitch herself walked out of the courtroom. As soon as she saw me, a smug look came across her face. I wanted to kill her so badly right now.

"Kehlani, don't worry. He won't be around you anymore. You don't have to deal with him sneaking into your room at night anymore." She said, causing Cleo, Janice, and my dad to look in my direction.

"You stupid bitch!" I tried to lunge at her, but I was held back by Sky, Wifi, and Ski. Geneva just rolled her eyes and walked away.

"Kehlani, what the hell was she talking about?" My dad said.

"Like you fucking give a shit! You don't care about me, and you never will! Just leave me the fuck alone!" I stormed away before anyone could catch me. I got in the elevator and once I made it the the main floor, I hurried out of the courthouse to my car and sped off once I was settled.

As I drove for what felt like miles and miles, the tears couldn't stop pouring out of my eyes, and I could hardly breathe. I eventually pulled over to take a breather, until I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I clutched onto the area where I felt pain, but it only began to hurt even more.

God please help me.

××××××××××××××××××××××××

I owed you guys big time omg😩

Thoughts on the chapter??

I'm sorry I had to do this y'all😭

More coming up, my loves❤

Thank you all so much for loving and supporting this book💛

-Jay👑♉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 7 16
BOOK 3 IN THE MAFIA series ///// I moved around him towards the door but he caught my wrist. "Let me go! Please" I sobbed. "No, you're not going anyw...
2.4K 23 16
Status: Discontinued ☆☆☆☆☆ I arrived at school and was taking a look around on my surroundings until i saw my boy bsf, my crush, my enemy together lo...
438K 21.8K 47
Time was standing annoyingly still and I think I may have forgotten how to properly breathe. "Panda you have to come sit down pacing is not going t...
780K 32.3K 138
"You can't save me Liah! No one can!"Jahseh cried as he held the gun on his temple "Jah Baby,please! Don't do this please don't!"I cried "I have no...