Transformers: A Matter of Fate

Por Cman710

Post-Age of Extinction. *MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN* Soon after the battle of Hong Kong, Hound crosses paths with... Mais

THE AFTERMATH
THE RUN-IN
SHELTER AND WORRIES
FEELINGS
A CHANGE OF PLANS
TALENT AND QUESTIONS
A DANGER IN THEIR MIDST
NO CHOICE LEFT
MAKING PLANS
THE ARRIVAL
NERVES AND ANNOYANCES
SECRETS AND STORIES
FASCINATION AND BONDS
GUARDIANS AND SNAKES
GRIEF AND A CONFESSION
FRIENDS AND TEACHERS
ADDRESING AN ISSUE
SMALL FRUSTRATIONS AND BIG TROUBLE
WORRIES AND GOOD NEWS
A GROWING FONDNESS
JOKES AND CELEBRATION
A DAY TO REMEMBER
FLIRTATIONS AND RIDES
EMERGENCY SITUATION
BOLD MOVES AND REMINDERS
CATCHING UP AND A SURPRISE
QUESTIONING AND FAMILY
MEMORIES
DISTRUST
THE RETURN OF OPTIMUS PRIME
FRUSTRATIONS AND SUSPICIONS
CHANCES AND GIRLS
STUBBORNNESS AND GUARDIANS
NEEDED HELP
FUN AND PANIC
THE CHASE
A SENSE OF BELONGING
BROTHERLY HELP
SO YOU WANT TO GO ON A DATE?
ADVICE AND COLD FEET
THE REDHEAD
TECHIES AND STRESS
THREATS AND DECISIONS
SUSPENSION AND A VISIT
A NEW LIAISON AND A NEW AGREEMENT
DEVASTATION
SHARING AND SPARRING
PLANS
MEET THE FAMILY
HONESTY AND REVELATIONS
FEARS AND DISCUSSIONS
PROMISES AND THERAPISTS
TO MAKE A STAND
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 2
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 3
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: PART 4
THE BATTLE OF DALLAS: END
AT LAST
DECISIONS
EPILOGUE

TAKING A TROPHY

235 14 7
Por Cman710

A/N: And it's back! A little explanation for the lack of updates. Basically this is nearing the end, and A Whole New World was at the end. I didn't want to write two finales at once. And thus I finished A Whole New World, which was already at the ending first. But now, A Matter of Fate has returned for its final chapters! :D

...

CHAPTER 53
Taking a Trophy

The day that the entire world came crashing down in front of Mark started like any other day. On that day, he had brought Alexis to base for the day. And it began peacefully enough, with the two of them sharing a bowl of fruit while sitting on top of the roof. About mid-way through her fourth strawberry, however, Alexis sighed, and ceased her action, turning to look at Mark. "You must think I'm a jerk," Mark raised an eyebrow. "This is my third time here, ad I still haven't even kissed you, yet."

"I get that you want to go slow," Mark replied, his voice low. "Don't worry about it."

Alexis carefully pushed her red hair out of her face, turning to look at him again. He caught the look in her eye, carefully reading it. He wasn't sure whether or not Alexis was coming toward a point or not. "I like you, a lot Mark," Alexis began calmly. "And your family is great," Mark nodded his slowly, unable to argue with her. "But I also kinda know how this stuff goes. I fall for you, and someday you join up with this whole organization..."

"I'm getting published as an artist," Mark replied. "I'm not the fighting type."

"But you're being raised around the Autobots," Alexis explained. "Someday, you might just decide that's what you want. Not a normal life as an artist, with a girl like me who's nothing special-."

"You're an amazing hacker, what do you mean you're not special?"

Alexis sighed, huffing a bit, Mark wasn't making explaining herself easy. She scooted closer, and looked him in the eyes. As Mark sat there, expecting an answer of some sort at any moment. "I know you like me, Mark," She explained. "But are you sure with this life of yours you can settle for a small town girl? I'm never going to be as exciting as-."

Mark surprised her with a kiss, their first one. And at first, Alexis was shocked, and ready to slap him. But at the same time, as he leaned into her and pressed hard against her lips, she didn't want him to stop. "I'm not settling for anything," Mark told her quietly as he pulled away. "You're who I want. Not some "exciting" girl, or a soldier," He muttered. "Just you and me, and whatever else that means."

Alexis smirked, as if she needed convincing of that now. She blushed a bit, and looked back up into his eyes. "Anyone ever tell you that you're an amazing kisser?" She muttered, trying to catch her breath. "Alright, you have me convinced, barely... But I still want to talk," Mark frowned. "I like you like that too, but I think we're going to have to figure out how to make this work easier. Without me getting stared down by a giant t-rex for starters," Mark laughed a little, and then Alexis turned her head. "What was that?"

Mark stood to his feet at that, his head shooting down towards what she was talking about. His eyes quickly widened at the sight he saw: Coulton, being led with what looked like a military escort, cuffs on his wrists. "I'm going down there," Mark muttered, getting down from the ledge and onto the surface of the roof. "Promise I'll be right back," He explained.

"I'm coming with you," Alexis insisted, getting down as well. "About time I was around for some decent "action"," She added.

Mark nodded a little, allowing her to take his hand. He smiled, leading her down the steps to the main hangar, and straight for where Coulton and his escorts were. Most of the others had already gathered there, but, letting Alexis's hand go finally, he began to push his way through the gathered crowd. Eventually his eyes caught sight of Hound in the procession. "Dad!" Hound turned his head at Mark's voice as the boy stormed forward. "Is that really him? Did they get him?"

"Mark, you shouldn't be here. That's why I didn't call you when we got the call in about this two hours ago," Hound tensed a bit. "I know your feelings about him, and therefore I cannot let you do this." But Mark wasn't listening, he was simply storming towards Coulton, who was approaching very slowly. "Mark, don't do anything stupid!"

Of course, the moment Coulton was within reach however, Mark threw the hardest punch possible at his face. An action which happened so fast that it seemed as though Mark had caught his guards off-guard. The man however, simply chuckled darkly, and looked at him. "Did that feel good?" Coulton sneered. "I bet it did, I can only imagine how you've felt these past few weeks, Markie," He teased.

Mark's eyes flared with anger at the use of the nickname, which had been often used by his father. This time, he launched at him. "You son of a-!" Two guards pushed him back. "Let me at him!" He tried, but kept getting pushed back. "I oughta beat him over his stupid head with a crowbar!"

Coulton laughed, but Hound quickly moved forward to calm his son down. He could feel the pain he felt through the bond, but none-the-less, he didn't want Mark to get himself arrested. "So that's Coulton?" Hound turned his head as Alexis made her way through the crowd. "Geez, that punch looked like it hurt," She admitted, rather surprised. "How did he not hit the ground?"

Hound's optic ridge furrowed at Alexis's question, after all, it was a good one. His optics turned to Optimus, who was now trying to make his own way though the group. For a moment, he wondered if he should bring this up to the mech, but chose not to. At least for the moment, while Coulton was in custody. "You know, kid," Coulton tilted his head, and looked at Mark. "It was a real doozy pulling off what I did, but it was worth it," Mark began to rush forward a bit. "Very worth it."

"Why? Why my friends? Why all those innocent people!" Mark shouted in irritation, but Coulton merely continued to grin. "Answer me you freak!"

And now, Hound was moving forward faster, for two reasons. One, he knew Mark was losing control of his anger, and he needed to get him away before he went further. And the other not liking the look that he was looking at Mark with. "Well, now that Prime is here, I suppose I can tell," Optimus stared down at Coulton, uncertain. "It made it easier to get to you and the base, once I was fired, that is."

Before Mark could ask what he meant, the guards had turned their guns on the NEST soldiers. Their forms dropped, revealing robotics underneath, and therefore, pretenders. Before Hound could rush forward, Coulton already did, sucker punching Mark. He pulled his handcuffed arms around his neck, placing the chain link between them against his throat and pulling back. "Not today, Autobrat," Coulton smirked as he too began to transform into a sleek, black Decepticon. "You might want to worry about other things before you come after your little brat."

Mark had no time to question, only struggling against the pretender as the roof of the base exploded. His eyes shot up as Hound, who was rushing for him violently was tackled to the ground by Cyclonus. "DAD!" Mark kicked the pretender's ankle hard, managing to let him release him. "ALEXIS!" He shouted as his newfound girlfriend seemed to attempt to flee from the gunshots as a firefight broke out.

All around him, chaos had descended, Decepticons were coming in from every direction. Cannons, and other weapons at the ready. "Slag it all!" First Aid cried out, his optics searching around. "They cloaked their signals somehow, I'm getting signals in every direction!" He was cut off from anything more as the blast of a larger vehicon blew up the ground in front of him.

"NO!"

Before Mark could rush towards any of his friends however, cold metal wrapped around his neck. He cried out, fighting, and kicking as the eight eyed Pretender that was one Coulton held him close to his chest. "You're not going anywhere," Coulton kept his grip on him iron, and painful, dragging him back. "Lord Galvatron made it clear you were coming with us. Lucky you, you might be the only living Autobot by the end of the day."

As Mark punched him from behind, Coulton growled, breaking the handcuffs violently now. The pretender flipped Mark violently onto his back, making him cry out as he groaned to himself. "You really think a few moves you learned from that loser Sideswipe will work on me?" Coulton sneered. "I've been under this cover for decades, boy. I had to take down far more challenging opponents."

"Then why don't you give ME a try?" Hound snarled, slamming his way into Cyclonus. "You're not going anywhere with him!"

Coulton shook his head, watching Hound with a look of amusement. Only after a moment, Mark had realized why. His eyes turned at the transformation sound behind him, his eyes widening. The large jet behind him had just transformed, and what Mark saw next terrified him. It had been modified, and fitted with a cage in its chestplate. "Considering he plans to win this time," Coulton sneered. "Lord Galvatron wants his trophy this time."

As Mark began to run, he quickly found himself gripped in the vehicon behind him's claws. It wasted no time, shoving him into the capture compartment without a second thought. "Let me go!" Mark growled. "I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"This time, you move. And this drone self destructs with your precious little boy in it," Coulton told Hound coldly, holding up a remote which he pulled from his subspace. "For now, I suggest having fun with Cyclonus," Hound's optics quickly met Mark's terrified ones. "Because win or lose the battle? I have forty Decepticons headed this way on top of the fifty here," He sneered. "I'd be saving my base if I were you."

Hound growled, rushing forward, ready to blast the mech to smithereens. And yet, Cyclonus rushed him from the side, digging into it with his talons, and grinning like a maniac. He tilted his head slightly at Hound, running a claw along his cheekplate. "Did you miss me, Hound?" Cyclonus asked, bringing out his blade. "I don't believe we ever finished that last round."

"DAD!" Mark shouted, kicking at the Cybertronium bars holding him in.

"Sighted female companion," The living cage that held him spoke up. "Shall Capture Bot 8837 proceed to capture her as well?"

Mark's eyes widened, his eyes looking over to see that Alexis was still trying to make an escape. She met his glance for half a second, but quickly caught his mouthing of the word "run". "He only said he wanted the 'Bots pet brought back alive," Coulton sneered. "You know him, one trophy for every conquest. And besides, if anyone survives this we're going to need some guarantee they won't interfere."

Mark stared over at Hound, who had kicked Cyclonus off of him, and now begun to fire repeatedly on him. Mark began to heave, Hound couldn't get past him, and to him. The Decepticons were leveling the base, and had him as their prisoner. A prisoner that was about to be delivered as a trophy to a tyrannical warlord. And for once, it was nothing more than extreme fear that made him beat against the cage. "DAD! DAD! PLEASE!" Hound was fighting, doing everything he could to get to him. "Don't let 'em take me!" He dissolved into complete and utter panic. "HELP!"

But Coulton was already in the palm of the capture bot. Sneering quietly at Mark. "Watch this, you'll love this part," Coulton laughed a little.

Cyclonus stepped aside at last, allowing Hound to make a bee-line for Mark and his captors. "MARK!" Hound shouted, so loudly that Mark could hear it over the jet engines starting up. "LET HIM GO! Take me instead! I'm fraggin' beggin' ye! Take me instead!" His voice cracked as the mech stood there, as if he were considering it. "I'll go without a fight if you'll take me as a trophy to Galvatron instead!"

Coulton stroked his chin, his red optics staring at Hound in his optics. Hound came closer, and closer, nearly tripping over his own feet. "Hm... I'll think about that a second," He spoke thoughtfully, and then dropped it. "No."

And with that the capture bot was sky rocketing into the air, leaving Hound screaming in rage on the ground. Mark watched as the base became further, and further away bellow his prison (though not far enough that he couldn't breathe), punching at the cage. It lasted for ten minutes before he finally gave up, knowing that it was useless, this time they had him. This time, they had made SURE no one was interfering. What did they plan to do though? What didn't they want the Autobots interfering with? "Down there," Coulton pointed, and Mark looked down.

What he saw next shocked him, not one, not five, not even ten, but at least 60 Decepticons stood nearby, surrounded by desert. His eyes caught the biggest, most intimidating of them first, and by the look in their optics, he knew it was Galvatron instantly. They landed slowly before the Decepticon tyrant, who motioned for his Decepticons to back up. "One Autobot pet, tagged, and bagged for you, my liege," Coulton patted the side of the capture bot. "I told you these capture bots of mine would make it easier. They're too attached to risk me actually blowing their precious human pets to pieces."

Galvatron brought his face close to the cage, smiling wickedly. Even for all of his bravery, Mark cowered back at the Decepticon leader, terror filling his eyes. "You've done well," He paused. "Coulton," The pretender smirked, knowing that Megatron using his name signified his pride in him. "Let the human out, from here on out, he moves on his own, without the capture bot."

"Are you sure that's safe?" Coulton questioned.

"I need him alive if we're going to use him to hold the Autobots off," Galvatron hissed. "I will not risk him dying if the Autobots decide to engage the capture bot," The bars of Mark's cage retracted, and he was roughly pulled out of it. "Awww, it appears to be scared," He teased as he clutched Mark tightly, causing his young prisoner to cry out in pain. "Silence, fleshling, if you know what is good for you."

"My dad's gonna come for me," Mark snapped. "He'll make you wish you'd never been created, you piece of scrap metal."

The Decepticons around him laughed as Galvatron regarded his young prisoner with amusement. "I knew your father, and he was a puny, psychotic little moron of a fleshling," Mark tried to struggle free, his teeth grinding. "Though I am thankful he had an offspring the Autobots took such an interest in." He crouched and tossed Mark to the ground roughly. "As long as I have you in my "care" the Autobots will not attack. And furthermore, I have a final prize from my victory."

"They won't die back there," Mark tried, his voice weak. "You couldn't kill them four times now, you think that's gonna change?" Galvatron grimaced, and stood up straight. "If anything, by taking me hostage? You just made them angrier than you've ever seen them," He added, cooly.

Galvatron regarded the young human for a moment, looking as if he might humor the idea. Galvatron nodded to Coulton, who had been set on the ground. The pretender took this as his cue to grab hold of Mark again. As a response, Mark felt an arm wrap tightly around his middle, hoisting him over his shoulder as he struggled. Mark punched and kicked with all his might, but quickly realized it was no use, he was at their mercy, even if he did get free from him, he was surrounded. He could do nothing to get free, not here anyway.

"Bring him to the tower you secured earlier this month," Galvatron waved him off. "Go along with one of the vehicons and await Cyclonus's arrival," He then glared cooly at Coulton. "If you screw this up, I hope you offline yourself before I get the chance to," He then turned to look over the rest of the Decepticons. "And as for the rest of you, prepare yourselves. For the moment our comrades return from laying waste to NEST, we will storm the human settlement known as Dallas. And take back the place we rightfully had in Chicago: as rulers of this planet."

Mark closed his eyes tightly at the collective cheering from the Decepticons. Only opening them as he was shoved unceremoniously into the backseat of a vehicon, seat belts shooting out and binding him to the seat tightly. "Oh, Mark," Coulton said cooly as he got into the car in human form. "If you could only see the look on your face right now. The shock, the fear."

"When I get out of this situation," Mark's teeth clenched tightly. "I'm going to kill you."

"Good luck with that," Coulton chuckled, allowing the vehicon to drive.

Before Mark could say anything else, a seatbelt inhumanly coiled up his back and around his mouth. Silencing any retort, and any scream he may have uttered.

...

A/N: I know, I promised another filler chapter. But honestly, I could not think of a good enough one and instead decided to get into the action. Don't worry, you guys WILL see the battle at NEST as well as the one at Dallas. We'll be seeing how the others are faring at NEST next chapter before the big battle goes down. ;)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

512K 14.8K 21
Klynn Blaire was a werewolf with the status of omega. He isn't liked by any and beat up by all, his life was full of shit. His 18th birthday would be...
64 13 11
WHY Y'ALL KEEP READING THE PROOF COPY? Maxwell Foxhound is a spoiled English Foxhound raised by the wealthy Campbells. One unfortunate day, the Campb...
630 19 6
Scarred by a cataclysmic meteor strike, humanity struggles to rebuild amidst the wreckage. As civilization begins to take its first tentative steps f...
216K 9.3K 32
Okay so long story short: Don't have one night stands - especially not with a werewolf, when your wasted beyond repair and there's no protection bec...