Competing for the Dominant

By Sara_Bryan_

Quinn has a problem. He's got a crush on Daniel Knight, the Head Dominant of The Muse Den. After almost two m... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Prologue

25.8K 679 66
By Sara_Bryan_

Author's Note

Hello! Welcome to Competing for the Dominant!

This is the second installment of the Dominant Series

Please read all of this before proceeding.

This story is intended for mature audiences meaning 18+ as there are explicit scenes and explicit language.

There are multiple themes such as: BDSM, MalexMale, FemalexFemale, sex, alcohol, etc.

If you aren't into all that, then I suggest you should leave.

Otherwise, please read on and enjoy!

~*~*~

Daniel

I blew the smoke from my lungs, enjoying—and despising—the calming effect the cigarette had on me.

The back alley behind the club was dark, but the opening was brightly lit with the blue neon sign of the Muse Den.

I was getting ready to put out the cigarette when someone stopped at the entrance. It was maybe the third or fourth night I'd seen him pass and every time I only caught a small glimpse, but this time, he hugged himself against a wall, hidden by the shadows.

I flicked the cigarette to the ground and stomped on it. I started making my way towards the small figure, but another shadow shoved him against the wall and was kissing him forcibly.

I turned, feeling slightly embarrassed

It was nothing, I told myself, just a few drunken kids, probably.

"I said no. I'm not interested," I whipped around, seeing the guy push the other away.

"You don't get a say. You put yourself on these streets. You have no rights," my anger flared and I decided it was a good time to make myself known.

"And who are you to tell someone they don't have rights?" The two shadows turned to me, the smaller staring at me in horror and shock. The larger one shoved himself off the smaller one and crossed his arms at me.

"I don't remember asking for your input, so perhaps it's best if you head back to where you came from,"

"Maybe you should step away from him and leave. I would really hate to ruin that nice suit you have on,"

"Puh, you ain't worth my time," the man spat at the boy but left. I took a step towards the younger one who stumbled away and around the corner.

"Master Daniel?" I turned to see Ryan at the doorway

"Yes, Ryan?"

"There's been a situation at the bar,"

"Do not tell me someone got into another bar fight. I swear I'm going to fire the next person who fights,"

Ryan held the door open for me as I stepped back into the club. The music wasn't being played very loud but the lights weren't on, so I assumed nothing serious had happened.

As I rounded the corner, shouts came from the bar and a collective "Happy Anniversary" rang out.

The V.I.P. Dominants and the bartender subs were holding a sign that read: Happy Four Year Anniversary!

Was it May fifth already? I looked towards Ryan who had a sheepish smile and he shrugged.

"Happy Anniversary, Daniel," Ken, my right-hand man, was the first to walk up to me and shook my hand. I had to admit that four years was a long time and for a while, in the beginning, I hadn't even been sure that we would have lasted four months.

"Thanks, Ken. Thank you to everyone for this,"

The rest of the night was spent a little proper than this club was used to, but Ken, Cale, and Samantha had all promised everyone they would perform specialty shows in exchange for a light event at the club.

Three days later, I was taking another smoke break, but this time I was actively searching for the small male. He had been on my mind non-stop and I wanted—no needed—to make sure he was okay and that he was not in any kind of trouble.

"Come on, pretty boy. I just want a little touch," I pushed myself off the wall and looked once again to find the guy pressed against the alley opening.

"I've already said no. Please leave me alone," I put out the cigarette and headed to the opening to tell the guy off when I realized who it was.

"Nick!" I barked and the man turned to me with a shocked expression.

"Master Knight? I, well I—"

"Save it, Nick. I will ask you once to step away from the boy. He has said no and you of all people should know about consent and if you cannot step away when this boy says no, how can I expect you to respect the no of a submissive in my club?"

Nick released the boy and cleared his throat, "What are you implying, Sir?"

"I'm not implying anything. I'm telling you that your membership has been officially revoked and if I see you again preying on another nonconsenting person, I will have you arrested for attempted rape. Is that understood?" Rarely did I use my Dominant voice on another Dominant, but I didn't tolerate rape or someone abusing power on someone in or outside my club.

"I understand, Sir," his tone was bitter, but he bowed his head out of respect and with his tail tucked between his legs, he left.

The guy turned to walk around the corner, but I was not going to let him slip away from me again.

"Wait. I want to ask you something," he stopped.

His shoulders slumped for a second before he stood up straight and turned to me.

"It's a hundred for a fuck, fifty for a blow, and five hundred for a night," he said in a monotone voice and I snorted.

"Not the question I was going to ask, but you answered it. Listen, I don't normally do this, but this is the second night I have sent someone away from you and I don't want there to be a third. I've got a job opening at my club and if you pass a background check, I'll give you the position,"

"A background check won't prove I won't steal or double-cross you," the guy was proving to be smart. I already liked him.

"No, it won't but if you steal or double-cross me, you're going to either be in jail or back to where you are, so what would be the point? Do you want the job or not?"

"Depends. What would I be doing?"

"Not what you're doing now. You would probably be bartending or tending to the needs of me and the V.I.P. members. Think about it and when you have your answer, come by the club and I'll determine whether you're right for the job,"

"How will I know where to find you?"

"When you enter, tell the front desk clerk, usually a man named Ken, that you're looking for me. Use the code Consent and I'll know it's you," he nodded and held out his hand.

I shook it and yanked him towards me, his long hair falling behind his shoulders.

"I will warn you that if you do double-cross me or hurt my business or members, your fate will be much worse than what it is now, clear?"

"Crystal."

I released him and he stumbled back, "By the way, what's your name, kid?"

He hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Quinn Shizuka,"

Hello again! Or Welcome for the first time!

I'm very excited to finally be publishing this book. I've got quite a few ideas and if I can write about them, we'll be in good shape.

So, as I did with ITTD, I will be starting out with publishing every two weeks for now until I can get really started. So the next chapter will be out the 17th of this month.

So, let me just start out by saying how much I despise prologues. Originally. I had planned for this to start as chapter one, but I had a difficult time writing after where it stops, so I made the decision to make it a prologue and I think it ended up working out better than trying to force myself to continue to write.

I don't think I have any other news.

But I am so very excited for this book! I really think you guys are going to like it, but I'm also biased cause I already love it.

Anyway, see you in two weeks with chapter One!

Have a great day/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 38.1K 37
[Book 2] Jerry McQueen was a needy bottom and proud to admit it. However, even he couldn't deal with the attention of a very persistent older man. Je...
1.1M 32.9K 51
When good meets really, really, really bad. ****** Daniel Harper is down on his luck as he struggles to pay for his sophomore year at NYU. Desperate...
458K 16.3K 9
** A/N-If you have read Book 1, Submissive part 1 & 2. Then you will enjoy this story. Book 3, Submissive 3 & 4 will follow soon.** Gabriel loved Win...
409K 19.7K 49
La Maison de la Douleur speaks of quality. Success comes easy to the men who enter as Dominant players, surrounding themselves with submissive beauty...