Birth To The Flame: Origin

Por XxFlame_HazexX

Origin Stories are fun aren't they? In this, witness and experience the tale of young 13 year old Alex Musta... Más

Part 0: Intro
Part 1: The CPU's Introduction To The Mustang
Part 2: The Certification and Rising Tensions
Part 3: The Massacre
Part 4: Secrets Behind The Stone
Part 5: Closure On The Notes
Part 6: The 5th Laboratory
Part 7: The Planeptune Prelude
Part 8: Meeting The Tuckers
Omake 1: Soup
Part 10: A Scarful Encounter
Part 11: Barry The Chooper
Omake 2: Later
Omake 3: Ricardo
Part 12: To The Next Chapter
Part 13: The First Day in Leanbox
Omake 4: The Death Of Alex Mustang
Part 14: A One Winged Encounter
Part 15: Inheriting The Buster
Part 16: The Legend Of The Sword
OC Face Reveal
Part 17: Kidnaping
Author's Note. Finally
Part 18: Greed
Part 19 Intro Preview
The Final Word

Part 9: Lost Souls

230 10 31
Por XxFlame_HazexX

(Gonna be another long one! Hooray!)

Later That Night

Alex laid down on his bed in the Planeptune Basilicom.

Since he was gonna stay for a while, Histoire had already prepared the guest room for him.

Alex stared outside his window looking at the moon light as he was lost in thought.

'Those two, back at the 5th Laboratory, they were Homunculi cause of their Ouroborus Tattoos. Why did they hide what Slicer was gonna say? And what do they mean when they say I'm a valuable resource?'

Alex chuckled and ruffled his hair to calm down.

'All this thinking combined with my current research on the stone is making me blow a vessel.'

He thought as he laid back down right when Nepgear had opened the door.

"Hey Alex? You still up?" She asked as she sat on the edge of his bed as she now wore a purple nightgown instead of her usual sailor uniform.

"Yeah. My head is too full from all the stuff I learned back at Tucker's place." He said.

"Yeah. Hey Alex?"

"Yeah. What is it Gear?"

She placed her hand on his cheek.

"Get some sleep. You shouldn't worry. Your smart and determined. You'll find out the truth about the stone. I'm sure about it."

"Yeah. Maybe." He said as he gently removed Nepgear's hand as she told him goodnight before she left.

Alex just laid there, now with more confidence.

"Nepgear's right. I shouldn't overwork myself." He said with a smile as he turned to his side and slept.

Elsewhere That Night

"Don't move. Me killing you is just part of God's judgement."

Screams were heard in a dark alleyway as a body was slumped.

The body was one of a State Alchemist, as out from the alleyway came out the tall dark skinned man Alex had saw the previous day.

"All these State Alchemists, must perish." The man said as he left the alleyway, holding a picture of Alex.

The Next Day

The grandfather clock was rocking back and forth in Tucker's library room as Alex sat in the middle of a pile of books as he was busy reading one while Nepgear was standing in front of a shelf also reading a book.

Out of the corner of Nepgear's eye, Nina poked her head out to look at Nepgear which she noticed causing Nina to immediately hide, but, she then came back and smiled at her.

As Alex was reading, he heard Nina's laughs. "Huh?" He stood up and went to where he hears the laughs as he saw Nepgear with Nina on her shoulders.

"Wee! Way up high!" Said Nepgear as she hopped around with Nina on her shoulders.

"Hey Nepgear! The hell are you doing!? Your supposed to be reading!" Said an annoyed Alex.

"A-Alex!? U-Um, it looked like Nina wanted to play. I couldn't say no."

"Well, in case you've forgotten, we didn't come here to play horsey." He said as he noticed a shadow loom over him again.

"Huh!? AAH!" He shouted as Nina's dog, Alexander, had landed on top of him again as Alex laid flat on the floor as the dog was on top.

"Alexander says he wants to play too!" Cheerfully said Nina.

"So, that's what you want is it?"

Alex managed to push Alexander off as he stood up.

"You've bested me twice dog, but, play time is over. I will not loss this time! I Alex Mustang will use my powers to vanquish you. YOU DAMN MUT!" Shouted Alex as he chased after Alexander as the dog ran away as Nina laughed at this while Nepgear sweat dropped.

Later That Day At Sunset

"Excuse me Mr. Alex and Ms. Lady Nepgear. Your ride is here." Said a Planeptune Basilicom Worker as he and Tucker both opened the door to see Nepgear standing over Nina as he rested on top of Alexander who was on top of, yep.

You guessed it.

None other than Alex.

"What're you up to down there Mr. Alex?"

"Um, let's just say that I'm taking a break from a long day of research." He said as he moved Alexander off and stood up.

"After all that you must be dog tired." Said Tucker as Alex just sweat dropped at Tucker's not so subtle joke as Tucker chuckled.

"Why don't you two come back tomorrow?" Tucker said as Nina's eyes immediately lit up as she went up to Nepgear.

"Your really gonna come again!?"

"We'll play some more tomorrow. Okay Nina?" Asked Nepgear.

"Okay!" She said excitedly.

Eventually Alex and Nepgear left the house as the Planeptune Guard stopped and went to Tucker.

"Don't forget Mr. Tucker. Assessment day is almost here."

"Right. I know."

The guard walked off as Tucker closed the doors.

"Hey daddy?" Asked Nina as Tucker turned around and saw Nina.

"What does Assessment Day mean?"

Tucker then turned to his Pocket Watch as he spoke.

"State Alchemists need to report their research once a year in order to keep their certification."

Tucker then walked up to Nina.

"You see last year Nina your daddy didn't get a very good evaluation. If I don't do something really impressive then I won't be a State Alchemist anymore."

"Huh!? No! You'll do just fine daddy! I know you will! Your always studying so much!"

Tucker kneeled down to be on even level with Nina as he hugged her.

"Your right Nina. I need to try hard."

'Or we'll be left with nothing, again. ' Thought Tucker.

The Next Day

"Hm? Your mother left two years ago?" Asked Nepgear.

"Daddy said she went to go live back with her parents." Nina said.

"It must get quite lonely with just you and your dad living in this large house huh?"

"No. Not really. Daddy's really nice and plus I got Alexander to play with too." Said Nina as she ruffled Alexander's head before getting a sad face.

"But, lately daddy's been studying in his lab all the time. I guess that does make me a little not lonely." She said as Alex remembered all the times he and his parents always spent time together.

He then smiled as he closed his book and stood up, stretching as he yawned.

"Aah. My shoulders are killing me." He said as he rotated his left arm.

"Maybe you should try to move around some Alex." Nepgear said.

"Yeah not a bad idea Gear." He said as he then pointed at Alexander.

"Hey! You damn mut! Looks like you could use some exercise!" He said as Nepgear giggled.

"Come on. Let's go to Nina." Nepgear said as Nina smiled.

And so, the four went outside to the front yard well of them played.

"Aah! Come on! You can't catch me slowpoke!"

"Hey wait up!" Shouted Nina as she rode on Alexander as they chased Alex back and forth before Alex turned the tables and started to chase them.

"I'm gonna get you! Look out  here I come!" He said cheerfully as Nina happily rode away Alexander.

Later, Nepgear started to push Nina on a swing as both had a smile and laughed until they turned to look left as they saw Alex running away until Alexander landed on top of him for a third time as Alex face planted.

Nina ran up to Alexander and hugged him as Alex and Nepgear smiled and laughed along.

However, down in Tucker's lab, we saw Tucker himself, his hands up to his face as he heard all the happy laughs from the three as he repeated the same words in his head.

"Don't forget Mr. Tucker. Assessment Day is coming soon."

Tucker then moved his fingers apart to show his despaired eyes.

Planeptune Basilicom

"What I wanna know is why's this guy only targeting State Alchemists and no one else. If it's the Black Ops he's trying to hurt, he could go after normal soldiers. Surely soldiers would be easier to kill than highly skilled Alchemists. Especially ones that have been state certified." Said Purple Heart.

She had been looking at the file for the tall dark skinned man Alex had saw two days ago as his name was labeled under Scar.

Honestly, Purple Heart could care less about this but since Alex was a State Alchemist and her friend, and since this Scar person was also targeting State Alchemists, she grew worried that Alex could be a target so she immediately began to handle this situation.

"Maybe the certification is the reason." Said White Heart over a video call between the four goddesses.

"What do you mean Blanc?" Said Purple Heart.

"State Alchemists are given high pay and special privileges. There must be any number of people who envy them for their positions." Said Green Heart.

"Or perhaps, they feel they have not upheld their creed, "Alchemists Be Thou For The People." Alchemists were supposed to be pillars of science and truth, are turned into the Black Ops' walking weapons as soon as they receive certification." Said Black Heart.

"Your right. There's still plenty of people who still haven't forgotten about the role the State Alchemists played in the Ishval Outbreak." Said Purple Heart.

A knock was heard as Purple Heart turned to see Histoire.

"What's the matter Histoire?" She said.

"I have a report Neptune. According to multiple witnesses, yesterday, at 9:30 or right around that time, a man with a large scar on his face was sighted in Central Planeptune's train station by multiple station employees." Histoire said.

"The station!?" Shouted all four goddesses.

"Seems as if the culprit got away." Said Purple Heart.

The Next Day

"Hey Tucker. This assessment thing, does Planeptune seriously handle that?" Asked Alex while eating.

"Well, no not really. You know how you have Führer Bradley as your main guy back in Lastation? Wells Planeptune also has their main guy as well. He's the one who evaluates my research and give a final say on it." Tucker said.

"Wow. That's a lot of pressure." Said Nepgear.

"I did so bad last year that this year is do or die." Said Tucker.

"You got this! Let them have it daddy!" Cheered Nina as Nepgear chuckled.

"I know. Why don't you make another talking C
chimera?" Asked Nepgear as Tucker shook for a bit.

"Yeah. And we'll be around to see it this time!" Said Alex.

"Well, that is what everyone asks for. I promise, I'll let you two see the result. And if you want, you could bring you older sister as well Ms. Nepgear. I'm sure she's like to see the final product." Said Tucker as Nepgear nodded.

Alex and Nepgear were unaware of the fact that Nina had paper as she was drawing.

"Hey daddy! Here! Look at my picture!" Said Nina cheerfully as Tucker, Alex, and Nepgear all saw it.

Nina had drew a cute drawing of herself, Tucker, Alexander, and their mother all together with smiles on their faces.

Tucker looked at it and chuckled.

"My wife, she couldn't stand being so poor so she left us. Ironically, I ended up becoming a State Alchemist the day after she left." Said Tucker.

"The state's been these years. There given me this mansion and this entire lifestyle. If I don't pass this assessment, we'll go back to the way things were. I sometimes doubt we could."

"Daddy, you can pass it." Said Nina as they all smiled.

The Next Day

"Quit barking. I get it you wanna go for a walk." Said Alex as he had Alexander on a leash.

Something caught Alex's attention as he stepped back and walked into the dining room as he noticed a burnt paper on top of it.

He grabbed the paper and slowly opened it to reveal it was Nina's drawing from last night.

Alex held the burnt paper as he wide eyed in shock.

Planeptune Records

"Don't give me that simple stuff! I need the info on the talking chimera that Shou Tucker made 2 years ago!" Said Alex.

"Hey! You know anything about this?" Said the desk person to the storage manager.

"Um, the Tucker reports restricted sir. You don't have access." Said the manager to Alex.

"Well would you check on it please!?" Alex asked as he pulled out and showed his Pocket Watch.

"I'm not some normal kid!"

"That watch is why you got in here but you need clearance from the Oracle to read those files!"

"The Oracle huh? This is getting interesting." Said Alex as he eventually left.

Planeptune Basilicom

"I see. So you wanna know about Tucker's chimera right?" Asked Histoire.

"Yeah. Since your why it's restricted I figured you could tell me something."

"Honestly, I don't really know at all about how he created it. All I know is that it made him a State Alchemist. First one ever that could speak the human language."

"Are you sure it was real?"

"Definitely but it only spoke once. It said I want to die."

Alex wide eyed at hearing that.

"From what I heard, it wouldn't eat after that and died."

"It was in pain, but, why would he make such a miserable thing?"

"Who knows, but, someone here thought it had some sort of relevance. How do you think he got that mansion?"

"Histoire. What happened to Tucker's wife?"

"What do you mean? She died before she arrived her in Planeptune."

Alex wide eyed again at this statement as he got a call from Tucker.

"H-Hello?"

"Alex? I've done it."

Tucker's Basement

Alex had stood in front of the door leading to Tucker's basement.

For safety measures, Histoire had sent Nepgear and Neptune to tag along to keep Alex safe.

Alex opened the door to Tucker's basement and saw it.

"Here it is you three. A complete chimera that understands human words." Said Tucker as he walked up and kneeled next to the creature.

"Listen, the boy is Alex."

"Al......ex?"

"Yes! Good job!"

"Good...........job?"

"I-I can't believe it!" Said Nepgear.

"It can actually talk!? It's freely but really cool!" Said Neptune.

However, while the sisters were amazed, Alex was the opposite, as he had his head hung down.

Tucker got a sigh of relief. "I made it just in time for the assessment. Now I won't have to worry about my research funds."

Alex walked up to the creature as he kneeled in front of it.

The creature took a sniff at him before lowering its head and inserted it into his pocket as it pulled out and dropped his Pocket Watch as Alex watched with a somber face.

"Al......ex?" Said the creature again.

"I-It's, okay." Said Alex in the middle of breathes.

"Big.......brother......Al......ex?" Said the creature as Alex clenched his teeth as he stood up.

"Alex?" Said a worried Nepgear as Neptune as well took notice at Alex's beheavior.

"Ally?"

"Mr. Tucker?"

"Yes Alex?"

"When was the first time you transmuted a chimera that understood human words?"

"I already told you. It was two years ago."

"And when did your wife leave?"

"Two years ago."

"Do the letters, still reach your wife, even now?"

"What are you trying to get at?"

At that moment, Alex had snapped, as he looked directly at Tucker.

"Where did Nina and Alexander go!?"

Nepgear gasped as Neptune wide eyed. As for Tucker, he just sighed.

"I don't like kids like you who have good perception."

Alex immediately rushed at Tucker as he grabbed him by the shirt and pinned him to the wall.

"A-Ally!?" Shouted Neptune.

"You heard it! That's how it is!"

"He used his own wife?" Asked a horrified Nepgear.

"And now he used his damn daughter and dog to transmute a talking chimera! Using a human is just so easy! Isn't it!? Say something!"

"Why are you mad? As seen in medical science, mankind has evolved through countless numbers of experiments on humans. If your a scientist-." "Cut the crap!" Alex interrupted Tucker.

"Do you think you can get away with this!? Something like this that toys with human life!?"

"Human life?"

Tucker just laughed.

"Yes. Human life eh? Your entire time with the Black Ops! Killing people and being the one to massacre and slaughter your entire home! Those are the results of toying with human life! Are they not!?"

Alex got furious and punched Tucker hard in the cheek as Tucker simply chuckled.

Alex was gonna go in for another punch until Neptune, who had now transformed into Purple Heart, held his arm back.

"Why, Mr. Tucker? I thought you had to pass the assessment to protect your lifestyle with Nina." Said Nepgear.

"I have no reason to create a chimera."

"W-What?" Said Alex.

"I just experimented cause the possibility was there. A chimera that understands human words. I just wanted to create one."

'You bastard."

"Although you knew it was bad, you couldn't but stop yourself from slaughtering you entire home. You and I are the same. We're both monsters."

"NO!" Said Alex.

"Scientists, no, humans, have a limitless desire to use their knowledge in real life. The desire to see what you can do with the power that is given to you, the desire to understand all the secrets in this world, and, to experiment with them. That is the true nature of Alchemy."

Alex punched Tucker even harder as it knocked him down to the ground as a desk fell over.

"We...........Alchemy is..............we don't...............NO!"

Alex just get on punching Tucker HARD and repeatedly as he didn't show any signs of stopping as the blood spurted onto his face.

"Alex! He's going to die!" Shouted Purple Heart.

Alex yelled ready for one final punch until he heard a growl and stopped as he looked to his left as he saw the creature biting onto his coat until it let go.

"Big.............brother?"

"Nina. This may hurt a little, but, bear with it." Said Alex as he got ready to transmute.

"Alex wait! You don't know how to retransmute!" Shouted Nepgear as Tucker scoffed.

"My chimera has been transmuted perfectly! No one can return it to normal! Be careful not to let the same thing that happened to your parents happen to it!"

Alex lost all hope and just his hands down, in despair.

The creature turned to Nepgear as she kneeled down to pet it.

"Let's.............play. Let's.............play."

"Nina?"

Footsteps were heard as shockingly, Bradley, Alex's boss, had arrived.

"And what seems to be the problem here Colonel Alex Mustang?"

"My Führer. He, used his own daughter to........" He trailed off as Bradley knew what he was gonna say.

Later

It started to rain. While Purple Heart had left to go tell Histoire the incident, Alex and Nepgear saw the creature get loaded into the back of a vehicle.

Alex still had a mad look.

"Like hell I'm gonna let them turn her into a test subject!" Said Alex.

"Alex wait stop!" Shouted Nepgear.

Alex clapped his hands and placed them on the ground as the car got flipped over onto it's side.

Alex then saw the creature escape the car.

"Nina!" Alex called out to it as it looked at him before running away.

Alex started to chase it.

"Alex!" Nepgear said chasing him as well.

Alex eventually made it to a cross section and looked around as Nepgear caught up.

"Do you see her anywhere!?" She asked.

Alex then looked in one direction, the alleyway.

He squinted his eyes for a better look, and then, he gasped.

It was Nina's bloody corpse. Blood and guts were spilled everywhere.

"It was like they deconstructed her, but, who? I guess it doesn't matter. Even if we did find them, they wouldn't bring her back."

"I-I'm sorry. Nina. Alexander." Whispered Alex.

"Alex. Please don't." Said Nepgear as she teared up.

Yet, Alex held his head low and started to weep tears.

Part 9: Lost Souls: End

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1K 78 40
Sometimes, all it takes is one key moment to turn one's life around. In the case of mercenary Alex Mustang, a chance encounter with an ancient book b...
5.1K 67 14
WARNING BEFORE YOU START READING: This is a story that is, essentially, a story about the writer, me, "hooking up" with Rei from Hyperdimension Neptu...
122K 2.1K 35
(Sequel to this story in the works! Vote for it if you wish to see it) Hello to all my glorious fans. This is my World of Hyperdimension Neptunia. I'...
1.5K 18 24
Taking place directly after Moonlight Hacker, Dorian Moon finds himself in the afterlife, but gains a second chance. Now he must return to Hyperdimen...