Bad Reputation | S.M.

By grungeHNG

"mistakes we all make them, but they won't let them go" Meet Nicole Eve Ortega, a seventeen year old gi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Daily Mail News
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Windows
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
shawn
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97

Chapter 56

732 19 2
By grungeHNG

I took a look from backstage the amounts of people that were filling the seats. I tried to control my breathing. I've never been one for public speaking. Shawn stood behind me, holding my waist as we waited for our cue to sit down with James. Finally, everyone took their seats and the crew took their places.

James took his seat and everyone applauded as he waved to them with a smile on his face.

"Ready camera 1!" Someone yelled. "And action!"

The cameras were rolling and everyone clapped once again.

"Welcome back to the Late Late Show everyone!" He widely smiled and announced his words. "Today we have a special treat for you, we are joined by Shawn Mendes and his girlfriend Nicole Ortega, come on out guys!"

I followed Shawn's lead as he held my hand and everyone applauded. Shawn guided me to the blue couch next to James' desk, we sat down and the room became silent.

"Welcome guys it is so great to have you here." James began. 

"Thank you for having us James, it's always a pleasure being here." Shawn answered.

"And how are you Nicole?" He turned towards me and I felt a wave of nerves wash over me as I saw the camera point to me.

"I'm great actually, and thank you for having me, this is so amazing." I smiled. "And you?"

"I'm doing great as well." He smiled. "Now guys, let us get to the juicy stuff I'm sure everyone wants to know."

"What kind of juicy stuff?" Shawn chuckled as James pulled out a photo of Shawn shirtless.

"Like this! What does your mother think about this Mendes?" He interrogated.

Everyone laughed, including me, and Shawn's face filled up in a shade of crimson red as he snickered.

"I'm joking, but let's look at this picture shall we?" He set down the card and picked up another.

James pulled out another square image, but this time is was of Shawn and I on the soccer field where I was laying on the ground while Shawn was on top, kissing me. We both blushed and the room was filled with 'awws.'

"What was happening in this photo you two lovebirds?"

"Shawn sucks as soccer, plain and simple." I had the nerve to respond and everyone giggled. 

"I do not, you had an advantage." 

"And that was?"

"Well, she had cleats on and I didn't." He explained to the crowd as I rolled my eyes and James shook his head.

"Shawn you suck at soccer." James repeated and I high fived him.

"I feel attacked." He shook his head. "Anyway, she wanted to play me and I bet her that I would win."

"Yet you lost Mendes."

"Yes I did, but like I said, she had an advantage." He shrugged.

"So, when did you guys start dating officially?"

"December 22nd." Shawn smiled and held my hand in his.

"Wow, winter romance, I love it." He gushed. "And I'm sure the Mendes army would love to know, how did you guys meet?"

"I think Nicole can explain." Shawn turned to me and I cleared my throat, crossing my legs.

I chuckled and I began to speak. "Well I work at a diner back in our hometown Pickering, one night I was working really late and Shawn was the last person I had to help out before I could clock out. So, Shawn being Shawn, dropped his coffee mug and we just started to talk after he helped clean it up. He later left, at least that's what I thought, and I walked out to my car. To my luck it was pouring rain and my car decides to break down in the parking lot."

"And Shawn came in riding on a horse, shirtless, to help you." James said and everyone laughed.

"Not at all, he actually offered me a ride to my house and from then on we sorta began to talk constantly. We were inseparable."

"Did you ask him out or vice versa?"

"Well he always wanted to take me out on a date."

"Wow Shawn, making moves." James smirked and the crowed wooed. 

"She rejected me at first though!" Shawn defended himself.

"Nicole how dare you reject this poor boy? Just look at him!" James yelled and Shawn pouted. 

"Well in the end I did go on a date with him and I'm glad that I made the right decision, the rest is history." I said as I looked at Shawn, smiling like a dork. Before I could turn to look at James I could hear him gagging in the background.

"James is jealous guys." Shawn said and I laughed.

"Speaking of jealous, how did the fans react?"

"Almost all of them are supportive, it's amazing, but there are some who don't agree."

"Well luckily you have most of them on your side supporting you." He said and we both nodded in agreement. "How did your parents react Shawn?"

"They were very supportive, you know, I'm lucky to have parents who love Nicole as much as I do as well as her brothers. They're just so amazing and even my sister along with the rest of my family treats everyone as if they have been around forever. They're my family."

"Have you met them Nicole?"

"Yes, various times, even when Shawn was away I visited his mom just to hang out and talk. I truly love them and they treat my brothers and I amazingly. They're my family as well."

"And how did your parents react?" He asked me and I cleared my throat as Shawn tightened his grip on my hand.

"Well, my dad actually passed away a couple of years ago and my mom is currently hospitalized due to a coma." I explained and James' face softened as the crowd gasped. 

"I'm so sorry Nicole, I did not know. I wish your mom a speedy recovery."

"Thank you I appreciate it, and I know both of my parents would be really supportive because of how great Shawn is and how he treats others."

"I'm sure they would." He grinned. "Alright we're going to take a quick break and we'll right back to play Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts!"

We took a short break as he said and he came over to me, giving me a warm hug. I smiled and Shawn and I went backstage for a while so we could chill out for a second.

"Camera rolling in 5!" Someone called out and Shawn sighed.

"Hey." He pulled me closer to him, resting his hands on my waist.

"What?"

"You know I'm proud of you right?"

"I know, baby, thank you." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, kissing his chin.

"You did really good."

"And you'll do even better because you're performing."

"You excited?"

"Yes, because I get to see you in action." I chuckled. "Oh, by the way, what's this game we're playing I'm so confused."

"You'll see." He winked and they called us back to the stage.

Turns out, Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts means exactly what it is. The game was a table filled with oddities of food that ranged from pig's feet to cow's tongue.

"Welcome back everyone to Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts! Now the rules are the game are simple Nicole and Shawn." He said as I made faces at the food that was in front of us. "Are you okay Nicole?"

"What the hell is this stuff?" I scrunched my nose. 

"Well in front of us we have different foods, ranging from fish's eye or even crickets if you prefer."

"James this is disgusting." Shawn spoke as he made a face as well.

"Now the rules of the game are that you pick an object on this table you want to serve your opponent, for example, I will give Shawn the cow's tongue. If Shawn chooses to answer the question he doesn't have to eat it, if he chooses to remain silent he has to take a bite."

"You've got to be kidding." I groaned. 

"I kid you not Nicole." He and Shawn both laughed as I slapped Shawn's arm. "Are we ready to begin?"

"We're ready." Shawn spoke for the both of us and I just glared at him. 

I took a deep breath in and James spun the table.

"You know, I'll let Nicole go first, Nicole you will be asking me the question." He said and I nodded. "But first decide what I will eat if I chose not to answer."

I smirked, spinning the table around, taking a look at everything and finally deciding the gross food I want to give him.

"I choose the bird's saliva." I smirked.

"You bitch." He said and I raised my eyebrows, laughing. I pulled a card off of the small roll away table to my left, reading the question out loud.

"James, out of these three Canadians who have been on your show, rank them from nicest to rudest." I said and the crowd was in shock while he rolled his eyes. "Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber, and Stephan James."

James had a sour look on his face as he stared at the cups filled with a clear substance. Shawn started to chuckle and the crowd laughed.

"Damn you Nicole." He groaned. "I can't do that because I love all the Canadians equally."

With that being said, James took a sip of the bird's saliva and rapidly drank some water from the cup that was right next to him while we were all disgusted.

"Okay, I will now be asking Shawn Mendes."

"Go easy on me James." Shawn let a breath out and I giggled, seeing the fear in his eyes.

"No promises lad." James shook his head, a small chuckled coming from his mouth. 

James turned the table, turning it so the bull's penis could be right in front of Shawn. He had a disgusted look on his face while we all laughed at him.

"It's his first time, he's nervous." I said to James as I rubbed his arm. We both laughed while Shawn gave me a stern look and he looked at the crowd, shaking his head.

"Shawn," James said. "Between your sister Aaliyah and Nicole, who would you take with you to an award show?"

Shawn sighed, a look of defeat in his face.

"James, you want me to get beat up don't you?" 

James covered his mouth with the card and Shawn looked at the penis before looking at me, my arms crossed across my chest.

"Okay look," he said. "I love them both equally."

"And?"

"I would take Nicole."

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes!" James yelled through his laughter and the band played music behind us. "Fair enough, Nicole make sure to record Shawn getting beat up please."

"I will."

"I'm sorry Aaliyah, but I choose not to eat a bull's penis and be on my girlfriend's bad side." Shawn said to the camera. 

"Okay Shawn, you may now ask Nicole her question." James chuckled.

"Nicole, my beautiful girlfriend." Shawn began. 

"Yes?" I responded. 

"I am going to give you the cow's tongue." He looked at me diabolically and I shook my head, my jaw on the floor. My heart dropped. I really do not want to eat this. 

"Shawn do you have no mercy for your girlfriend?" 

"Nicole,"

"Oh shit." I cursed and they both let out laugh. 

"Marry, kiss, or kill these fellow Canadians." He chuckled. "Justin Bieber, Drake, or The Weeknd."

"But I'm already dating a Canadian!" I yelled, slamming my palms down on the table. 

"You have to chose Nicole." James laughed and I groaned. I touched the tongue, feeling how squishy it was and I gagged to the side. They laughed at me and I picked it up as they gasped.

"Nicole you aren't." James' jaw dropped as he covered his mouth. 

"I have to or else Shawn will hold it over me." I whined. 

"How about this, I'll eat it with you." Shawn said.

"No you won't." 

Once I said that he picked up the other cow tongue and took a bite of it. I laughed and bit it also, gagging and grabbing the bucket that was on the floor to spit it out.

"And that was Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts with the lovely couple! Thank you so much for watching and we will be right back to watch Shawn Mendes perform his hit song Stitches!"

The audience clapped and we waved to the camera as the lights died down. James laughed and gave is both a high five before going backstage.

"I'm going to go check on my brothers." I smiled and kissed him.

"Okay I'm going to get ready on stage." He winked. 

"Break a leg pop star."

I kissed him one last time before going down into the audience where my brothers were sitting with Andrew and Geoff.

"Hey kiddos."

"How was the cow's tongue?" Jacob laughed.

"Disgusting." I shook my head, the taste coming back to haunt me. 

I sat down next to Hunter and listened to the crowd's murmur as I watched Shawn pick up his guitar and begin to tune it. I just watched him, in all his essence and I could tell he was happy to be on stage. I could tell that it was where he belonged. Soon enough, the lights turned back on and James was sitting at his desk and the cameras were rolling.

"Welcome back everyone! Now what you have all been waiting for Shawn Mendes performing 'Stitches'!" He held up Shawn's album and I smiled, clapping along with the rest of the audience.

"Woo!" I yelled and Jacob giggled.

Shawn strummed his guitar and smiled.

"I thought that I've been hurt before, but no ones ever left me quite this sore," He sang. As he continued to sing my smile grew and the beat began, making me get up from my seat and dance with the rest of the crowd. His performance was amazing. The passion he shows when he performs and how he interacts with the crowd is the best. I stepped back on stage with James and Shawn, he held on to my waist and James concluded the show.

"Thank you so much for watching! Thank you to Nicole and Shawn for joining me and we'll see you next time! Goodnight."

Everyone clapped one last time and the lights went off just as the cameras did. We walked backstage hand in hand and took a quick picture with James before saying our goodbyes and going back to our dressing room. The room was empty and I turned on the lights so he could get his stuff.

I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and rested my head on his back. "You were amazing hun."

"So were you baby."

He turned around and rested his arms on the top of my hips, looking down at me.

"You're so talented, did you know that?"

"You're so beautiful, did you know that?" He mimicked me and I rolled my eyes. "And sexy I might add."

"Woah, easy tiger."

He kissed my lips, then my cheeks, and made his way down my neck as I giggled.

"Come on, let's go."

He grabbed his things and we walked over to meet everyone back at the car.

"Where are we going Mendes?" I asked him as we got in the back seat of the car.

"Dinner."

"Ooh what's for dinner?"

"You'll see." He winked and I smiled, holding his hand the entire ride over to the restaurant. Today was insane, but it probably was one of the best days of my life.

*
*
*

Happy update guys! I hope you all enjoy this chapter, I know it took long, but I was trying make the interview as much fun as possible.

Also, check out my new fan fiction 'Windows', I would really appreciate it since It is such an important topic for me!

Thank you for everything, vote and comment! Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.1K 131
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1M 39.1K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
108K 3.3K 78
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
332K 10.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...