The Ashleys (BxB)

By JolyonDean

On hold until summer '19 Β© JolyonDean More

Je Suis Une Amie
The Amber thing
Touched by and A-ngel
The Perfect Storm
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Keep Your Friends Close
Maintenant Tu Me Vois, Maintenant Tu Ne
There's No Place Like Homecoming

Someone To Watch Over Me

286 25 63
By JolyonDean

Since the other day when I smoked with Amir for the first time I haven't really talked to him. I didn't bother texting him and he hasn't reached out to me. He stopped sitting near me in class and for the rest of the week I've been getting my lunch and going straight to the library.

I'm kinda upset over this because I thought I finally had friends. Growing up I was always an introvert who kept to myself. I just like being alone. I was kinda foolish to think the boyfriend of the popular girl in school would want to be my friend let alone me being friends with the popular kids.

As I'm eating my salad something catches the corner of my eye. I look into the book shelves and I don't see anyone so I resume eating. Lately I feel like I've been going crazy. I feel like someone is watching me, then I had the dream about Amber and that random paper was in my pocket. I see a white figure past me as I look up and see a dress move through the book shelves.

I get up and walk that direction as a book falls and I pick it up. I flip it over and it says 'Lord of The Flies.' I open the book cover and see the stamp on the inside and one of the names of the previous renters says Amber Taylor. I flip though the book and a note falls out. I pick it up and unfold it and it reads

"THOUGHT YOU NEEDED A LITTLE PUSH, SO I PUSHED "SEND" FOR YOU - A"

I'm confused at the note until I hear someone yell "yoooo" followed by a shhh.

I hurry and put the note into my pocket and the book back on the shelf as I walk down the aisle and I walk into Amir.

"Wassup" he smiles as I ignore him and go to grab my stuff from the table. He stops me as push the lid down on my food.

"Where you going?" He asks sitting on the edge of the table.

"What do you want Amir"

"You texted me so Wassup"

"I didn't text–"

Then I remember the note I got and I unlock my phone and the message is there. "Please come to the library, we need to talk."

I sigh before taking a seat and he sits across from me.

"Do you eat salad everyday?" He asks looking at my food

"Yeah the school doesn't have a lot of options for non meat eaters"

"You don't eat meat?"

"I'm pescatarian"

"So you only eat fish?"

"I'll eat seafood and turkey but only sometimes"

"Oh okay. That's cool" he says sitting back tapping his fingers on the desk. 

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks me after we sit in silence for a minute.

"Why have you been ignoring me?"

"I wasn't"

"You don't sit near me in class, and I haven't seen you since that night" I say harder than what I wanted to. He looks at me then starts smiling.

"You missed me?"

I roll my eyes before reaching for my water bottle. He snatches it and takes a sip and tells me to answer his question.

"Yes. Now give me my water back"

He tells me no before saying "I missed you too. I'm sorry, I was kinda mad"

"Mad about what?"

"Shhhh!" We hear.

"I'll tell you later" he says getting up and leaving the library.

I sit back and watching him leave as I think about what just happened. Then I realized he stole my water bottle.

🧸🧸🧸

The rest of the day was pretty chill, me and Amir have been sitting together and talking in class. He held my water bottle hostage and took over my snacks. I think it's safe to say that we are friends but I'm still tempted to ask.

"What are you doing tonight?"

I look over at him, "nothing why?"

"Let's go to to the carnival in town"

"I don't know"

"Bruh just come! It's gonna be me and you and Adriana and her friends."

Him saying that gave me an unsettling feeling.

"Just come please" he says opening my water bottle and drinking it.

"Give me my bottle back" I say reaching for it.

"No! Not until you say you're gonna come"

"Fine now give me!" He takes one last sip and hands it to me.

"You drank all of it" I complain as he snatches it back. "I know now let's go" he says as the bell rings.

"I'll pick you up at 6" he says walking off.

"Okay" I tell him as I walk past the Ashleys.

"Hey Abdul" Alex says as I look over and wave at him. Ashlynn and Adriana are standing there taking as all of there phones go off. They read the message and just walk off.

That was weird I think as I just head to my locker and grab my homework for the weekend. As I open my locker a carnival flyer falls out. I look at the post it note attached and it reads

"OINK. OINK" - A

these messages are getting cryptic. I told it back up and put it in my bag as I shut my locker and go outside to see my mom. I look at the clock and we have 4 hours until the Carnival.

🧸🧸🧸

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I'm kinda comfortable around Amir already, but it might be because the Ashleys are going to be there I'm so nervous. I'm standing in my room in a towel trying to figure out what I'm going to wear tonight. I try on button up shirts, dress pants and shoes but that's too dressy.

"It's a carnival" I tell myself. I put on a hoodie and jeans but it's kinda hot outside. I keep trying to figure out what I'm going to wear as I just just put my hair into a pony tail so I can get dressed and I decide on wearing a white t shirt, 3 necklaces, ripped black skinny jeans and my sneakers. I put cologne on and my phone begins ringing.

"Hello"

"Come outside"

I look out my window and see Amir's car and I check the time. He's an hour early. I go downstairs and tell my mom I'm going to the carnival. She walks out of the kitchen drying her hands on her apron as she peaks out the door.

"That's your friend?" She asks as she waves to Amir. "Yeah" I say as I see him get out of the car and jog to the front door.

"Hi how you doing?" He asks as he shakes my mom hand. "I'm good dear, how are you?"

"I'm good ma'am. I'm Amir" "I'm Ms. Hastings, nice to meet you"

My mom hands me money before she tells us to have fun and we walk off the porch.

"You're early" I say as we approach the car

"I was bored." We get in the car and I put my seat belt on. He adjusts the music as we pull away from my house.

"Put your seatbelt on" I tell him as the beeping signal is on.

"Make me" he says speeding up. I unbutton mine as I reach over and pull his seatbelt over him bucking it as I sit back in my seat and put mine on.

"Happy?" He laughs as I roll my eyes. 
"Where are we going?" I ask plugging my phone up to charge.

"To get burgers" "you know I don't eat meat" I tell him. "Veggie burgers you bean eater" I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Rude" I say crossing my arms as we sit in silence driving to this burger place.

"How did you find this place?" I ask as we walk inside. "Google" he says looking at me as we walk to the counter. I can't help but laugh as we pick up menus and read the options.

Once we got our food we decided to eat at the picnic bench. I got a portobello mushroom  burger with spicy hummus and sweet potato fries. Amir got a black bean burger with pickles and lettuce and sea salt fries. He tried to play it safe after I had to convince him.

"Just take a bite" I tell him as he inspects his food. "Nah you tryna set me up" he says sitting it down. I take a bite of mine and it's so orgasmic. "Oh my god this is so good!!" I hum getting a weird look from him.

"Bro you're eating a big ass mushroom top. It's not even a burger! Why are you acting like that?"

"Just take a bite!! I tell him as I chew. I hold it up for him and he bites it and I see his eyes light up. "Yo you might have did something" he says chewing.

"I told you it's good!" I tried to take another bite but he grabs my hands and bites it before me. "Come on greedy!" I yell as he gets hummus on his face. "Let me have this, eat my burger" he says taking it from me.

"You didn't even try yours" I complain as I pick up his burger and bite it.
"Gimme some"  he pouts as I hold it for him to bite. "Let me have mine back this is good too"

"No!" I say trying to get up as he sits my burger down and wraps his arms around me. "Move Amir!!" I laugh as he takes his burger and eats it. I pick up mine and it's literally a bite left. I finish it as I watch him eat his burger and MY fries. I shake my head at the site as I wipe my face off and watch him eat. "I'll buy you another one" he says as I just sit and let him finish the food.

He checks the time and says "we gotta go pick everyone else up" as I nod my head and start clearing off the table.

"Yo vegan food is smack! Why you ain't  tell me sooner?"

"Well you ate it all so I wouldn't know" I laugh as he grabs me and acts like he's going to drop me. "Say it again"

"I'm sorry Amir!" I laugh as he hugs me from behind. We walk like this for a second before he lets me go and we get to the car.

"It's carnival time! Car-knee-vul tyme bwoy" he says in a horrible accent.

"What is that accent?" I laugh.

"Shut up" he laughs as we drive off.

🧸🧸🧸

We pull up to a house who I'm assuming is Adriana's. We see Ashlynn and Alex come towards the car as I get out and get in the back with them. We greet each other as Adriana comes down the walk way after locking the front door as she gets in the front seat and kisses Amir.

"Hey" she says over her shoulder to me as I say hey back and Amir proceeds to drive to the carnival.

"Can you take our picture?" Alex asks me as he hands me his phone and poses with Ashlynn. I snap a few pics and I hand him his phone back. Adriana plugs her phone up and she starts singing along with Ashlynn and Alex as I just look out the window. Amir looks at me through the rear view mirror and sticks his tongue out as I laugh and just look at the lights we're approaching for the carnival. It's starting to get dark as we find a parking spot and get out the car as Ashlynn takes her phone out and starts vlogging. Her and Alex are joking around as Adriana flips stands impatiently tapping her foot as Amir locks the car up. We walk toward the entrance and everyone pays their fees. I go to pay mine but the boy waves me off saying I was paid for. I look up and see Amir smiling as he has his arm around Adriana leaving Me Ashlynn and Alex behind.

"I want to go play games" Alex says as he grabs Ashlynn's hand and Adriana follows behind them and they walk off.

"Guess it's us" Amir says as he nudges me before Adriana calls him and tells him to come on.

I walk around the Carnival in amazement looking at everything as I come across a game no one is playing. The guy has a curled mustache that looks fake, a tan circle hat with a red ribbon around it and a red and white stripped shit.

"Come one! Come all! Let's play Wack A Mole!" He yells out.

"Wanna play young man?" I smile and say yeah as a little girl and her mom come and play along side me.

"The goal is to wack as many moles you can in 60 seconds" he tells us.

Me and the little girl nod as we take our seats and he counts down from 10 for  the timer.

"Five! Four! Three! Two.....MOLE!" He shouts as we start wacking the moles. The buzzard rings off and it shows I won as he hands me a gold fish. I say thank you and give it to the little girl.

"What do you say Amber?" The mom says to her.

"Thank you" she smiles as she holds the bag up with the gold fish in it.

"Thank you" her mom says as I smile saying "no problem."

"That was good sportsmanship!" The guy says twirling the ends of his mustache.

"I couldn't take a prize after winning against a little girl" I laugh.

"That was nice. Here you go!" The man says giving me a stuffed pig.

"Thank you" I tell him smiling.

"Abdul!" I hear Amir call as I turn around and see him and the Ashleys walking towards me.

"Where'd you go?" He asks me as he approaches me.

"I was here playing wack-a-mole. Look what I won" I say holding up the pig.

"Whack a what?" He says

"I turn around and we're at the end of the carnival grounds. There's nothing around us but trees.

"It was just right there" I say confused as I start looking around.

"Maybe I should have stole your burger" he laughs as he puts his arm around me and walks me toward the group.

"I swear it was a stand right there"

"Come on. Let's get you some Carni food" he laughs. I look down at the pig I'm carrying confused. I swear I just played a game with the little girl. I look over my shoulder and I see several people with stripped red and white shirts. I know I wasn't imagining that... or was I?

VOTE - COMMENT

Are you enjoying the story so far?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 11.1K 33
πš—πš˜πš‹πš˜πšπš’ πš‘πšŠπšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš”πš—πš˜πš , 𝚠𝚎 πšŒπšŠπš— πš”πšŽπšŽπš™ πš’πš πš˜πš— πšπš‘πšŽ πšπš˜πš πš— πš•πš˜πš , πš“πšžπšœπš πš‹πšŽπšπš πšŽπšŽπš— 𝚞𝚜.
33.5K 1.8K 60
"Every time I close my eyes, my brain jogs back to the times I almost died. It feels like death all over again."
4K 240 10
My life without you is a misery -Shout Out
35.6K 1.4K 18
dusk comes like death... finnick odair