The dragon and the silver mare

saltykonpeito tarafından

One year has passed since Ana took her own life and Masamune moved on... This is the sequel to Black and roya... Daha Fazla

II. Audience
III. First blood
IV. On the prowl
V. The proposal
VI. Kasugayama
VII. Revenge
VIII. Rematch
IX. Reunited
X. Hurt
XI. The wedding
XII. Lovers
XIII. Stargazing
XIV. The touch of past
XV. She's back
XVI. Come along with me!

I. Morning glory

327 11 0
saltykonpeito tarafından

I was shopping for ingredients at the marketplace of Azuchi town and I passed by a flower stand when the shopkeeper called after me.

'Lord Masamune, take a look at these flowers!' She was a little old lady.

'Okay.' I sighed. I had no intention to buy flowers but I didn't want to be rude to her. She was selling really beautiful flowers... My gaze lingered on a pot of blue ones.

'Oh, the morning glory. Very special and delicate flowers. The vines converge, twist and tangle, they symbolise the bond between lovers. They bloom in the morning and die by nightfall. Like a fleeting love...' She smiled gently.

'Hm...' Her words left me wondering. Then it hit me. Ana... She died a year ago. It seemed so far away now, I almost forgot.

'How many would you like, my lord?'

'I don't know.'

'The vines grow new flowers every day, my lord...' She smiled and cut a couple vines full of lovely blue flowers. She gave me the flowers and took the money.

'Well, not these ones.' I let out a chuckle. 'But thank you, they really are beautiful.'

I had to make one more stop before going back to my manor.

'Greetings Han!' He turned his ears towards me.

After I found out that Ana had gone missing, I headed straight to the stables. I'd thought that if she had taken the horse, she might have lived. When I found Han in his stall, I lost all hope... He sensed that his beloved Ana was gone. He was sad and refused to eat or move for a long time. I felt pity and kept him. Ana would have wanted me to take care of him too. He mourned with me... Occasionally, I took him out for a ride and he was nothing like that devilish beast anymore who kept bucking me off. She changed him, just like she changed me...

'How are you today?' I patted his neck. He snorted. 'Good. Look, I bought flowers for Ana. She left us a year ago. Can you believe it?' I remembered her face, her laughter, her kiss. I still missed her sometimes.

'I don't know where to put these. She doesn't have a grave. We never searched for her body. I hope her soul found rest...' Han lifted his head and nuzzled my shoulder. He understood... I looked into his eyes and petted his forehead.

'I don't know why I bought these on the first place. Do you want them?' He sniffed the flowers. 'Here, you can have them.'

'See you later, friend.' I left the morning glories there for him to eat. I kept only one.

I looked at the fragile little flower in my palm. It has already started to wilt. Just like her... She bloomed beautifully and withered in my hands... A year ago, I couldn't believe she threw away her life. Now, I can hardly believe she lived. When I crossed the bridge, I tossed the flower into the river and watched it float down with the stream. I evoked our parting kiss and I heard her saying Goodbye, Masamune! An old scar ached anew.

...

Kenshin was worthy for the name, God of War. He led the attacks firing up the moral of his men everyday just like I did. On the third day of our war against the Uesugi-Takeda I finally had the chance to face him as Mitsunari switched my army to the left wing to support Hideyoshi's men flanking Kenshin's elite soldiers. I spotted him in the front line. I shouted commands and galloped to confront him. He seemed untouchable, arrows avoided him, blades repelled from his sword, men fell around him.

'The Dragon of Echigo. Finally, we meet on the battlefield!' We were circling around in an intense stare down.

'Rumour has it, you are a worthy opponent, One-Eyed Dragon!' He raised his sword and struck down.

'Let's find it out!' I fended off his blow and attacked back.

'I can't wait to take your head!' He snorted.

We fought until sunset. Even then we only stopped because our armies had to withdraw for the night and we were the commanders. I was disappointed by the draw but the next day held new opportunities. We headed back to the main camp with Nobunaga and the guys.

I sensed something in the air. The forest was way too silent...

'Ready your weapons, we've got company!' I shouted.

Hideyoshi rode up to guard Nobunaga, Ieyasu and Mitsunari stayed back at the rear and Mitsuhide readied his rifle and joined me.

About thirty men rampaged from the trees raiding us. They cut the six of us away from our back up. They looked like mercenaries but not from the enemy army. There was no time to lament on that.

'Haha, Come on lads!' I dismounted. 'Let's loosen those muscles a little, shall we?'

The first two guys came at me barehanded. Fistfight it is then! It was a nice release after a full day of riding and sword swinging. They fought well but I took them down easily. I got punched in the face though. I wiped the blood and five men were already running towards me. I drew my swords only because they did the same. Hideyoshi worked with his usual efficiency to keep the attackers away from Nobunaga who actually looked bored. Ieyasu and Mitsunari worked together surprisingly well. Another wave of men came from the opposite direction and managed to separate Hideyoshi from Nobunaga. He was waiting for this... Nobunaga took out one bandit after another. I was clearing my way to help Hideyoshi who was overwhelmed by a group of bandits still keeping him away from Nobunaga. It became obvious at this point that Nobunaga was the main target, any other victim would just be additional treat.

'Die Devil!' Someone shouted from behind.

He spun around with his horse. A man was standing further behind with a gun pointed at him, ready to shoot. Hideyoshi darted to save Nobunaga but he was too far. The flash of a shadow appeared from the trees when a shot rang out. The bullet missed the target by far. It was a man in armour who took down the assassin. The samurai punched him in the face a few times to calm him down. They wrestled on the ground when two of the bandits ran to help their mate. He cut them down with lethal accuracy. Soon they were groaning and squirming on the ground. Meanwhile Nobunaga's attacker pulled himself together and managed to flee. The samurai noticed it and pursued him into the woods.

This short intermission was enough for the rest of the attackers to flee as well. The ones left there were dead.

We got back to the camp late night.

Hideyoshi was pacing back and forth boiling in his guilt. 'I should have stayed closer to Lord Nobunaga. If that man didn't come, he would be dead. I would have never forgiven myself. I failed.'

'Sit down, Hideyoshi! Watching you makes me dizzy. Here, a good meal will calm you.'

'I'm not hungry.' He motioned and kept walking in circles.

'And pacing around like a lunatic makes any difference?'

'You are right.' He sighed. Finally, he sat down.

'Of course. I'm always right. You should have learnt it by now.' I laughed and shook my head.

The others joined us when they smelled the food. I served the dinner and we discussed the events.

'Who could that man be?' Hideyoshi was staring into the campfire wonderingly.

'Did you see how short he was? He could be some young lad. I, for one, have already fought a couple fights when I was the size of that guy.' Nostalgia hit me, I had to smile.

'He was clearly a skilled warrior but not one of our soldiers. I've never seen that man.' Mitsunari was deep in thoughts, flipping through his mental notes about our soldiers.

'And certainly not one of Kenshin's or Shingen's. It is unlikely though that he was just in the right place in the right time. He knew that Nobunaga was the target.' Mitsuhide was already speculating.

'I think we'll get the answers very soon.' Nobunaga smiled and looked towards the forest.

We heard footsteps approaching. Everyone turned around. It was the assassin who fled. He was walking with his hands bound behind his back. Behind him, the mysterious samurai. The point of his sword was poking the bastard's back. They stopped before Nobunaga. The samurai kicked the back of the man's knees and he dropped down.

'Who sent you?' Nobunaga was calm and cold.

The assassin didn't answer. The samurai pulled his hair to make him face Nobunaga. His face was beaten up badly. He has oddly small hands. He might be a young lad as I suspected.

'Talk!' Now, his voice was thundering through the night.

Still nothing. The samurai held his blade against the man's throat. This guy means business...

'Kill me now! I will never betray my brethren!' He was wheezing. He is not gonna talk.

'We will see about that.' Nobunaga motioned his guards. 'Take him away. Mitsuhide will question him later!'

The assassin struggled to free himself but the samurai knocked him out with the pommel of his sword and the guards took him away.

'And now to you. Thank you for saving my life, stranger!' Nobunaga nodded.

He sheathed his sword and formally bowed to him. I tried to get a better look but it was too dark to see his features properly.

'Reveal your identity!' Nobunaga commanded firmly.

The mysterious samurai didn't answer but reached for his helmet...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

10.7K 302 16
A foreigner girl just started her new life in Japan when she accidentally finds herself 500 years in the past... An Ikemen Sengoku fanfiction about t...
6.2K 111 115
four years have passed since ragnarok along side the deaths of the angels,jiyoung and the youja and many more innocents and alot has changed...
9.6K 371 12
so this occurs after the last chapter of pardon me. Rin is living his best life as his Neko self. so yeah read to find out what happens out. Warnin...
110K 3.1K 25
AU - Soulmate au, where your world is colorless until you meet (or in this case touch/bump into) your soulmate. If they die, your world goes back to...