The Bad Boy's Wishes (DISCONT...

By nerds_R_us

Ashley Donovan is a timid, yet strong headed seventeen year old girl, who is dealing with her father's death... More

Chapter 1: First encounter
Chapter 2: Rumours
Chapter 3: Netball bitches & Persuasion
Chapter 4: A deal with the devil
Chapter 5: Tom Branigan
Chapter 6: To Do List
Chapter 7: ... Sleepover?
Chapter 8: Give the Good Girl a fright
Chapter 10: Secrets
Chapter 11: New statement
Chapter 12: A night to remember!
Chapter 13: coco pops make every morning better
Chapter 14: Whip cream, Ex-Boyfriends and underwear!
Chapter 15: It's not pity. it's comfort.
Chapter 16: Stolen Moment
Chapter 17: It's kind of a full time thing
Chapter 18: Ditched for Chocolate
Note
Chapter 19: Time you knew
Chapter 20: The couples out!
important note
Chapter 21: Oh my God
Chapter 22: Care To Tell Me Again?
Chapter 23: It's a surprise
Chapter 24: Come on you prude!
Chapter 25: Living cliché

Chapter 9: There is a thin line between love and hate

65.1K 1.5K 361
By nerds_R_us

Chapter 9: There is a thin line between love and hate

I felt a small frown crease on my forehead as, an annoying yet familiar tune interrupts my slumber. I huff quietly and snuggle up to the warmth around me, while reaching my barley responsive hand towards the sound of what I now recognise, as my phone, and press it to my ear.

“Hello?” I croak, before yawning and snuggling my face into my pillow.

“Don’t hello me, ok? You are meant to be getting up and ready, not lazing around in bed”

“Kenzi? What are you talking about?” I groan, rubbing my eyes and sitting up, blinking in confusion as I look around the unfamiliar room.

The shades by the one large window were draw open, letting light stream in, giving a happier feel to the dark blue walls, which were bare apart from a mirror and a few posters of bands. I was lay in a soft white bed, which by the looks of things had been made messily. A random scattering of dirty clothes, covered parts of the cream carpet and litter was piled on some draws beside a large wardrobe.

This was no my room …

“Seriously? We are meant to be going to the gym today, then the café to get our favourite ice-shakes, remember?” Kenzi snapped down the phone, sounding annoyed and a little hurt.

My eyes grew wide and I gasped loudly, before smacking my own forehead and wincing at the contact afterwards.   

“Oh my god, I’m sorry I’ll be on my way as soon as I can. I promise I have a very good explanation for why I forgot and why I’m going to be late. I will explain everything to you I promise” I gushed apologetically.

I was met with silence, before I heard Kenzi sigh in despair “Fine. But you better have a good explanation dude, just because I’m your friend doesn’t mean I won’t kick your ass …” she trailed off.

I let out a sigh of relief, a small smile forming on my lips, it’s good to know she is acting like herself again, that means she is considering forgiving me. 

“Great, wait there and I’ll see you as soon as I can. Bye babe”

“Yeah, yeah whatever” she said in a bored tone, before hanging up.

With that I hoped out of the stranger’s bed, only now fully letting myself wonder and worry about where I am and what is happening. I gulped and tip-toed to the door and peaking out. To my relief I recognised it as Nick’s house.

With that in mind, I let my rushing, panicky self take over and I began to run down the hallway.

“Nick?” I called as I jumped down the stairs two at a time, and coming to a skidding stop at the arch that led to the kitchen.

I popped my head around the corner, to see him sat on the stool lazily, shirtless and only in boxers, making my breathing catch in my throat and my cheeks to flush pink. Why did he have to be so hot? Now I couldn’t think straight.

It was only then, that I noticed, he wasn’t alone. All of his friends were also lazing around in the kitchen, all of them in their boxers, and now staring at me expectantly. My cheeks turned bright red now, that they all saw me checking them out.

Finally I let out a half strangled, half yelping noise as I covered my eyes childishly “God guys, cover your selves up will you? There are children around” I scolded.

“What’s the point? You were stood their drooling over us long enough” I heard Nick tease, making them all chuckle along with him in agreement.

I removed my hands from my eyes and held them on my hips, trying to look insulted and angry, but it was hard when I couldn’t keep eyes contact with any of them, without my eyes unconsciously drifting down their well sculptured bodies.

Why did they all have to be so hot, gorgeous and then have that irresistible bad boy attitude and exterior that somehow drive us women crazing. Turning us into a hot mess, or a bunch of fan girls, chasing after them, for at least an ounce of their attention.

Although … I have never done any of that, which I am very proud of. But at this moment I am kind of a hot mess, oh crap focus, your staring at their almost naked bodies again!

“I was not drooling over you, and by children I meant Tom!” I snapped defensively, now looking anywhere but them.

“Sure babe, we believe you. Plus it’s not like Tom is going to care. He is a guy!” Aaron said, making everyone but me snigger.

I blushed even more now from embarrassment, of course Tom wouldn’t care. Stupid Ashley, think before you say stupid stuff, I scolded myself internally.

“Yeah, well … Whatever” I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Nice comeback” Max snigger, grudgingly.

My head snapped in his direction and I scowled “Shut it, Buzz-Boy”

Suddenly someone touched my shoulder making me jump, startled, before turning to look at a grinning Jester. He slung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into a sideways hug, which I would normally return, if he wasn’t half naked.

“Don’t listen to them Ash, they all just like teasing you because you make it so easy” Jester cooed, ruffling my hair.

I gulped and was sure that I was bright red from having his half naked body pressed against my side, I gave him a tight closed mouth smile “Noted” I informed him, casually slipping out of his arms.

I started to back away from the room full of almost naked boys, giving them all nervous smiles, as I gave a quick wave.

“Anyway, I have to break into my own house so I can go and meet Kenzi at the Gym. So bye, and thanks for letting me stay here and stuff” I rambled, before turning quickly on my heel and heading to the front door, my phone in hand.

I heard a loud clatter of thudding feet across the wooden floor, and I had no doubt that they were all following me. I walked down his front lawn, wrapping my arms around my own body, very aware that I was still in Nick’s clothes and I was now very embarrassed about it.

“Oh yeah? And how are you planning on doing that?” Nick called.

I turned around expecting them all to be at Nicks door not walking down the street in their boxers following me. I gasped and checked the street for people.

“What the hell are you doing? Don’t you boys have any shame? Your walking down the street in your underwear”

“Nope” Jester chirped, popping the P.

"Yeah why should we care? We are doing everyone a favour anyway. I mean who wouldn't want to wake up, look out of the window and see guys as hot as us, half naked?" Nick added smugly, I could practically hear the grin in his voice.

I groaned and kept on going towards my house, quicker, but stopped momentarily. The old lady who lives next door was walking her annoying little dog, which never stops barking, and was looking at me judgingly.

“Good morning, Miss. Trotter” I said as if I wasn’t being followed by five half naked men.

She gaped at me as I quickened my pace and now began practically jogging to my house. Like I expect it was only my car here, because of course ten in the morning is too early for Mayce to even be awake never mind, leaving her best friend’s house.

“How are you going to get in?” Reece now asked from over my shoulder.

“I’ll try the tree, now that it isn’t raining” I said more to myself then him, before striding around the corner and into my back garden.

“Oh I can’t wait to see this” Max muttered, making me shot him a glare over my shoulder.

The mud was still soft, under my bare feet and I was just thankfully it was no longer in puddles, like it was yesterday. I began to climb the tree a lot faster this time and successfully, I had done this a few times before, but that was just for fun with Mayce.

I squealed when I branch that was now supporting all my body weight, shook slightly. I took a deep calming breath to contain my nervous and glanced down at the naked boys who were laughing and encouraging me.

Idiots.

I took another large breath before reaching as far as I could and grasping my window, but to my horror and dismay. I had locked my window. I was quick to lean back and shuffle so I was gripping onto the trunk of the tree, before I began cursing.

“What the hell?” Nick shouted.

I glared down at them “I locked my window Poo-face. I can’t get in” I informed them, as I began to climb back down, squeaking whenever a branch would break or wobble.

“Poo-face” Jester snigger, his body shaking as he contained his laughter. The other guys were exchanged what-the-fuck looks as they stared at him, before turning their attention back on me.

“What now?” Reece asked, and they all looked at me expectantly.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, looking down at my dirty feet as I thought of what I could do.

“You could break a window” Max suggested, making everyone give him a look as if to ask him if he was serious.

“That would cost kind of a lot to fix Max, so I don’t think she would want to do that” Reece said, rolling his eyes.

Suddenly I grinned mischievously, and began walking to the wooden fence at the end of my garden “A lot of money, huh?” I inquired.

“Yeah why?” Nick asked, as I bent down and picked up a large rock hiding it from their sights as I strutted back over to them.  

Well this will be a nice gift for my stupid mother, who pretty much neglects us. After all … She works ALL that time. To get ALL that MONEY. For OUR so called FAMILY. So, I’m sure she won’t mind paying some money to fix a broken window at our own home. 

“Cause I’m sure, my mum is going to love this pay check!” I smirked evilly.

They all exchanged confused glances, before I slung my arm back and launching the rock at the kitchen window, shattering it into pieces. I gasped at my own actions and clasped a hand to my mouth, looking at the shattered window in shock.

I heard them all gasp, and I looked at them with wide eyes, they all look bewildered and in a state of disbelief and shock. Suddenly a strange and exhilarating feeling that I had never felt before coursed through my body.

I suddenly began laughing, and bouncing on the balls of my feet, kind of like I do, whenever the adrenalin I feel from riding on Nick’s bike or when I get a suger rush from eating too many sweets. “Oh my god” I breathed in disbelief.

“Ha, see how you like that mum!” I shouted, still laughing as I now as I carefully climbed through the broken window, only slightly cutting my arm.

I found the keys and unlocked the kitchen door and gestured for the boys to come in, who were still rooted to the spot and looking at me in surprise and confusion.

Of course though, Jester was the one to break it, by running up to me and picking me up off the ground and hugging me “That was fucking awesome!”

“I know init! That was totally kick ass. We’ll see how she likes that!” I gushed excitedly, and clapping my hands together as the four other boys strolled into my house, giving me proud but confused glances.

Max slapped me on my back, a little too hard for my liking, making me scowl, until he kind of complemented me “I never knew you had it in you, little girl”

Reece just looked confused but kind of proud of what I did, as he passed glancing around my house. Nick came in grinning like a maniac as he kind of like Jester brought me into a sideways hug “You really are turning into a Little Rebel, the nickname is staring to suit you”

Suddenly I gasped and began running out of the kitchen and up the stairs, shouting down to them “I have to get ready, Kenzi is waiting for me at the gym!”

I got no reply as I hurriedly got dressed in my yoga pants and vest, packing a change of clothes in a bag and skipping down stairs. I left a ruff note on the door for Mayce, grabbed my car keys (with my house keys attached) and ran into the kitchen where the boys were whispering with each other. Since what I did before, I couldn’t keep my body still, I had this sudden burst of energy.

“Ok thank you for watching me, and hoping I would fall out of a tree. But I have to go now, so I will see you guys later” I gushed, while pushing Reece’s and Nick’s back out of the door, Jester, Aaron and Max trailing behind.

“Dam, Ashley. Who knew you had such a hot body!” Aaron stated, biting his lip as he looked me up and down.

They all looked at me, in my pretty much skin tight clothes, which I always wear for gym. Making me blush like crazy, and I laughed nervously “Thanks for the half insult, half complement, but I really got to go”

With that I jogged around to the front of my house and climbed in my car, leaving the strolling boys behind as I drove off, before I got murdered by Kenzi.

“YOU DID WHAT?” she bellowed, making my eyes widen and stepped away, looking around the café at every pair of eyes that were on us.

By now I had explained everything that happened last night, while we were working out at the gym. And right now we were stopping off at our regular café, where they sell the best ice-shakes in town.

“Shush!” I hissed angrily, before clearing my throat and offering a polite smile at the cute boy over the counter who was warily passing us our drinks.

“That will be £7.84” the guy said, looking at Kenzi as if she were a bomb about to explode.

I gave him the money, grabbed our drinks and urged Kenzi, who was still in some state of shock, towards our regular table wordlessly. Not even bothering to wait for my measly change.

“God, why did you have to embarrass me like that?” I huffed, stirring my ice-shake with the straw.

She blinked a few times and looked around the room, before her icy blue eyes landed on my pure green ones, once again doubling in size. No matter what anyone said I thought Kenzi was beautiful.

She had pale skin, icy blue eyes, pink lips and natural long ebony hair, which was always perfectly straight. She might be small and have a mild case of anorexia (but not enough to notice) and of course she has the emo style, which is enough to put most people off. But she is still beautiful and to be honest I kind of like a lot of the clothes she wears … just they would never suit me.

“Whoa, I mean seriously dude. What has gotten into you?” she asked looking a bit startled and dazed.

I sighed and took a long gulp of my ice-shake, wincing slightly as the cold liquid ran down my throat, dragging out the silence that has settled between us. “Come on Kenzi don’t judge me, like that” I finally said in a timid voice.

She shook her head “Oh no, I’m judging you, alright?”

I groaned and began stirring my drink again “Ok, I know I shouldn’t have done it, ok? I just couldn’t help myself. I was sick of the feeling of neglect from my own mum, I just got so pissed. And of course I have anger problems, which didn’t help … in a way I guess, I wanted to annoy her as much as she annoys me”

After a long time of silence and avoiding eye contact, Kenzi spoke “I am seriously considering becoming a lesbian, for you dude. Because what you did was hot!” she joked, winking at me suggestively.

I looked up from the table and grinned at her “Gee, thanks Kenzi”

“Seriously though dude, I love this new you. I mean you’ve always had this side to you, but you just never let it out … You know what I mean?” she mused, as she trailed off.  

“Aw how cute. The little anorexic Emo and the school Whore are on a date, isn’t that cute Caden?” A very loud and shrill voice chirped, faking happiness … Cynthia.

I turned in my seat and sent Cynthia my best death glare, but my breathing caught in my throat as I saw who she was holding hands with. Caden. My ex-boyfriend, who I had dumped, for cheating on my four days ago.

 “Well if it isn’t the school desperate sceeze, and the cheating jackass and there motley crew” Kenzi spat, but still gave them a sweet smile.

Caden was just staring at me with a look disgust, while what looked like most of the football team and girls netball team, were behind him sniggering and whispering. Cynthia scowled at Kenzi from over my shoulder, before turning her scowl onto me.

“What wrong, can’t stand seeing Caden with a real women, who doesn’t sell herself for sex?” she hissed smugly.

“Well, when that happens let me know, and I tell you how I feel about it” I glowered.

A lot of people gasped and Cynthia looked at me in astonishment, making Kenzi and me snigger quietly. Oh my god, that felt so good actually talking back to the arragant bitch.

Caden now glared at me, and stepped forwardly threateningly “Don’t talk to her like that, you filthy, cheap whore”

Once again, a few people in the café gasped, and a few people began whispering and sniggering. Kenzi clenched her hands into fist, but I reached across the table and took her and soothingly.

“I have been called worse” I shrugged, turning back around to drink my ice-shake.

“Oh, yeah what? bitch, slut, whore, prostitute?” I heard Cynthia shout from behind me, now recovering from her state of shock.

“Nope” I said popping the P, as I turned back around to glare at them both “His girlfriend” I informed her, pointing my finger at Caden as I stood up.

Even worse than gasp, or sniggers, the café was filled with silence. I took this opportunity, to grab Kenzi’s wrist and drag her threw the crowd, because I could now feel the old me, the nerves and timid me resurfacing.   

Just as I got to the door, Cynthia taunted smugly “I know you still love him, it’s clear. But the thing is he has me now”

That made my blood boil, and the timid me, to run into hiding as my anger came out. It wasn’t exactly what she said, it’s the fact that she thought I loved him. Which then reminded me, of the time I thought I did …

I gritted my teeth together, as I stood in-between the café and the car park, before I said in a tone so deathly calm it sounded deadly “There is a thin line between love and hate”

And with that I hurried out of the café leaving them all speechless, even Kenzi was speechless as she gaped at me in bewilderment. hich is saying something because ... well, that women can talk. I didn’t pay her much attention as we climbed into my car.

Because just like before when I broke that window, that strange and exhilarating feeling shot through me, leaving me breathless and full of energy and … self pride?

"He really is changing you ..." she whispered, not meeting my eyes but only staring out of the car window with a faint smile on her lips.

*******

Hey guys :)

Soooo sorry for the delay people and I know it is only a filter chapter ... but I have finally uploaded. TADAH!!! What do you all think of Ashley? and that Max and those darn boys are seriously a bad influence on her, aren't they? ;)

I think that my story is seriously lacking some comments and votes and well, I would really like to try and get some more. So I would just like to try something out. I would like at least 15 votes before the next chapter will be uploaded, thank you :)

As always, please comment, Fan and vote. nerds_R_us

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...