The Bad Boy's Wishes (DISCONT...

By nerds_R_us

Ashley Donovan is a timid, yet strong headed seventeen year old girl, who is dealing with her father's death... More

Chapter 1: First encounter
Chapter 2: Rumours
Chapter 3: Netball bitches & Persuasion
Chapter 4: A deal with the devil
Chapter 5: Tom Branigan
Chapter 6: To Do List
Chapter 7: ... Sleepover?
Chapter 9: There is a thin line between love and hate
Chapter 10: Secrets
Chapter 11: New statement
Chapter 12: A night to remember!
Chapter 13: coco pops make every morning better
Chapter 14: Whip cream, Ex-Boyfriends and underwear!
Chapter 15: It's not pity. it's comfort.
Chapter 16: Stolen Moment
Chapter 17: It's kind of a full time thing
Chapter 18: Ditched for Chocolate
Note
Chapter 19: Time you knew
Chapter 20: The couples out!
important note
Chapter 21: Oh my God
Chapter 22: Care To Tell Me Again?
Chapter 23: It's a surprise
Chapter 24: Come on you prude!
Chapter 25: Living cliché

Chapter 8: Give the Good Girl a fright

63.9K 1.4K 245
By nerds_R_us

Chapter 8: Give the Good Girl a fright

“Can you please put a top on” I whined, as we sat on the sofa. Nick was now only in a pair of sweatpants and it was taking all my self control not to drool over him.

“Why? Does my body bother you?” He taunted with an amused smirk.

“No”

“Does it make you want to kiss me? And lose the bet?” He asked with a cocky grin. Yes.

“NO!” I all but shouted nervously.

He chuckled, obviously in disbelief. “Is it distracting you?”

Silence.

He chuckled smugly, and turned back to the TV with a cocky grin as he sighed “It’s hard being this dam sexy”

I rolled my eyes but didn’t say anything, as we kept watching some crappy music video on his TV. I ended up lying down and hung up head over the edge of the sofa so everything was upside down, something I tend to do a lot when I’m bored.

“I’m bored”

“I’m sexy”

“You’re too bigheaded”

“And sexy”

“You’re an idiot”

“I can see your arse”

I gasped, sliding my legs off the top of the sofa and sitting up. Tugging Nick’s loose shorts, which were riding up my butt, down further.

My face was bright red and burning in embarrassment and shame, while Nick was literally in fits of laughter, his eyes streaming with tears. I had only ever seen him laugh twice, which was when he found out I fell out of a tree.

I had to admit his chuckle was very sexy but laughing suits him a whole lot better. He should do it more often.    

“Ha, you-should-have … Seen … Your-face!” he choked out in-between his dying chuckles.

My cheeks were still crimson and I didn’t doubt the fact that I probably resembled a tomato, right now, but I still couldn’t keep the murderous glare off my face.

“Ha ha” I muttered bitterly, my tone completely lacking any sense of humour.

“I have decided I like seeing you in my clothes!” he said grinning, with a wink.

My eyes widened at the thought of him kind of saying that he liked seeing my butt, but like he said earlier ‘nerd isn’t exactly his type’ so he was just trying to tease and embarrass me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to look unaffected and natural “I wish I could go home! Or at least just get my own clothes, but no! Everyone is too caught up in their own lives to care about my own” I exclaimed.

Wincing slightly when I remembered that Tom had went to bed an hour ago, so shouting and probably waking him up, would not get me in his good books.  

Nick’s eyebrows rose, probably taken back by my little rant before he frowned thoughtfully “Well when do your parents come back from work? Can’t you go home then?”

I don’t know why I was telling him this because only my best friends know, but still I found myself telling Nick.

“No they don’t, my mum’s busy and my dad died. He died in a car crash when I was 11” I admitted quietly.

As much as the reason and the fact that I felt like I needed to tell Nick that, confuses me. I still couldn’t bring myself to talk to anyone about it. Riley is the only one I have talked to about it when I was younger and Kenzi and Ethan, seemed to have figured it out.

I was preparing myself for the look that I despise, the look of pity. That look that somehow screams ‘you-poor-thing’ without words. For the meaningless apologises, that mean nothing because they aren’t the ones to blame.

To my surprise, Nick’s questioning gaze only softened as he nodded, before changing the subject. Not giving me that look of pity, this makes my skin crawl with disgust. Or his meaningless apologies.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” he asked, sounding just as bored as I felt minutes before.

 Was thankfully of his changing the subject so quickly or smothering me in his sincere apologised. I tried not to smile with relief, as I nodded.

“Got any good movies?”

“What like romance and chick flicks?” he asked, his face brightening in excitement.

I nodded my head furiously “Yeah” I chirped happily.

His face hardened and he slouched back into his seat “No dipshit, I’m a man”

I scoffed at that earning me a slight glare, to which I just smiled, back to innocently “Ok then Mr. manly, what movies have you got?”

“Only horror. But I’m sure there are far too bad, for a good girl like you. They might even include swear words!” he faked gasped at the end.

I scowled at him angrily, is he implying that I am a wimp, and too nerdy to watch a film with swearing in it, without freaking out. All in one? That idiotic, sexy, bigheaded jerk. I’ll show him …

I scoffed and held my head up high “Bring it on Branigan” I snapped, looking down at him.

 Right now I was curling up in a ball, hoping that my little protective foetus shape, will keep me safe. I held a pillow against my chest squeezing onto it for dear life, hoping that it would save me from the masked villain on screen.

Why does ever horror movie have to be so darn predictable, yet still makes you wanna crap in your pants as you watch it. And what is with the whole murderous maniacs who wear mask, that haunt your dreams at night?

I really wished that I had looked past my pride and not agreed to watch this frigin movie, because Nick has been snigger at me whenever I would hide my face or squeal in fright, which is seriously damaging my women pride right now.

“No you stupid bitch, run out the door not in a wardrobe” I shouted, before screaming when the mask appeared right in front of the screen.

Nick burst out laughing, which I could understand, that was the first time I let out a full blown scream like that, but I wasn’t expecting that to happen right then! I couldn’t help but notice how Nick seems to be laughing a lot more lately.

Suddenly there was a knock on the front door, making my eyes pop out of their sockets as both mine and Nick’s heads turned to face each other. That was exactly what happened on the film before the murder snuck into the house.

My face was the perfect picture of fear, while Nick was just smirking at me in amusement. He chuckled and leaned in even closer to me and ruffle my hair before getting to his feet “Don’t worry Ash, I’ll protect you” he assured in a low sexy whisper.

I couldn’t stop that weird and unknown feeling from warming my stomach at his promise to protect me, but I completely ignored it at this moment, because fear was rushing through my veins.

I listened out for the sound of the door clicking as he opened it, but stayed glue to the sofa, squeezing onto the pillow for dear life. After a minute of silence and no return of Nick, I began to worry.

With numb legs, I staggered silently across the living room and through the kitchen. “Nick?” I mumbled nervously, as I peeked my head around the arch to see the front door wide open, but no one there.

I gasped loudly, my whole body now shaking “N-nick? … It’s n-not f-funny. Stop messing a-around!” I called my voice cracking with fear.

When there wasn’t a single movement or sound or any sign of life, I gulped, backing away into the kitchen. My whole body was shaking with fear, but after watching that movie I knew not to hide in a wardrobe or closet.

I stumbled into the kitchen, my breath catching as my hand slammed against the counter to keep me up right. My eyes widened when I saw the knives and without hesitation I reached out and grabbed the biggest one. 

Everything was quiet, only the gentle hum of the paused TV in the living room. “Nick come o-out now. I-it’s not f-funny anymore …”  

Silence.

Suddenly all the lights cut out, apart from the kitchen ones, making my squeak slightly. From the shock and fear, my legs gave way and I slide down the counter, sitting on the cold wooden floor, the huge knife firmly in my hand.

I waited a few moments whimpering quietly, as I bit down on my lip until the metallic taste of blood invaded my mouth, to stop myself from screaming. Finally I decided to get out of here, instead of waiting to be found.

With support from the counter, I pulled myself onto numb legs and scanned the scene, my eyes finally adjusting with what little light the kitchen gave.

My head snapped in the direction of the living room as a loud whimper escape my mouth, when the TV was un-paused, leaving the eerie music from the horror movie … convenient, huh?

My heart was thudding so hard against my chest it felt like it was going to burst through my ribcage, I felt my blood run cold and the hairs on the back of my neck rise. This couldn’t be happening.

“Ok Nick. You sc-scared me, you c-can stop n-now” I whimpered, my lips trembling threatening to realise a sob.

Just as I said that a dark silhouette step into my view, the flashing light from the TV making their figure stand out in the dark. I let out an ear piercing scream, as I began to hyperventilate.

The figure slowly and teasingly advanced towards me, making the adrenaline kick in once I noticed the complete height difference. This wasn’t Nick!

I turned on my heel not giving them, a second glance before I ran out into the hallway, making a Bee line for the front door, but screamed once again when there was a hooded figure blocking my exit.

And another figure, stepping out from the stairs above me, the only sound was my heavy breathing and barley noticeable sobs. A lot of thoughts ran through my mind then:

1)      I am going to die!

2)      I think Nick is dead!

3)      I need to get out of here!

4)      Tom, is upstairs and as much as I hate him I can’t let him die!

With than in mind and with the fear mixed the adrenaline pumping trough my veins, I turned on my heel ran up the stairs letting out a long war cry.

The figure on the stairs prepared themselves in a blocking stance, but with a quick punch to the stomach and head butt, before I somehow managed to push them onto their knees, and then climb over them.

I ran as fast as I could to Tom’s bedroom, I could faintly hear murmuring but the only sound was my own heart pumping in my ears. My stomach was turning and I felt like I was going to faint, or throw up. 

I whimpered in pain but when I saw a figure come barrelling out of Nick’s room, I screamed and began fumbling with the door handle. But before I could open it, I felt a large hand grip my shoulder tightly pulling me away from the door.

I screamed and began thrashing against the hold on me but ended up stumbling onto the floor. I watched as the three figures from downstairs came running towards us, the forth figure now stood directly above me.

I whimpered only now remembering the large knife in my hand, I slashed at the person, making them gasp and jump back out of the way. Tears were now streaming down my face, knowing that I wasn’t going to make it out of this alive and neither was Tom.

“WHAT THE HELL, ASHLEY? You just tried to kill me” an all too familiar voice exclaimed. Nick’s.

I gasped and dropped the knife on the floor, my body trembling. Just then all the lights flickered on, letting me see a very guilty looking Aaron at the light switch. Nick was stood in front of me with wide eyes, and all of the other bad arses behind him, giving me pitiful and guilty looks.

Finally I realised what Nick had done.

“YOU FUCKING ARSE HOLE, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? I THOUGHT … I THOUGHT …” I screeched throwing my clenched fist at his chest while he stood there, only now looking guilty.

I trailed off as I began to cry, why I was only crying now that it was all over and I knew I was safe I don’t know. I kept banging my fist against his chest while he just stood there, not making a move to stop me.

Finally though all energy washed out of me and my arms fell limp at my side and my head fell resting on Nick’s chest as I cried. After his body froze he, finally began to rub soothing circles onto my back, calming me down a little.

 “I thought you were dead. I thought I was going to die and so was Tom, because I couldn’t save him” I sobbed.

“I’m sorry Ashley, we didn’t expect to scare you this bad” Nick admitted sincerely. There was a union of apologise and brief hugs for comfort even from Max, which surprised the hell out of me.

I stood there ranting at them, for scaring me like that, for a long time. And let me tell you it wasn’t pretty, they all looked generally concerned for their own safety as I lectured them. We all stumbled down stairs.

“Turn that horror movie off right now!” I order, my eyes wide with fear as the movie Nick and I were watching flashed across the screen.

“Ok, ok” Nick muttered, turning it off instantly. I let out a sigh of relief and cautiously sat on the sofa, Jester and Nick at either side of me.

“Sorry for trying to kill you Nick. And sorry for whoever I attacked on the stairs …” I trailed off awkwardly, now feeling so stupid for acting like that, when it was all just a joke.

Everyone began snigger apart from Max who was scowling at the floor. Nick slung his arm around my shoulder unknowingly tugging me a little closer to him “That my friend, was Max”

I know I should have either felt sorrow for him, or guilt, or fear because he might now want revenge but instead I felt proud of myself. I grinned mischievously at Max, who then hardened his glare. 

“I fell kinda Bad Arse now, cause I totally kicked Max’s butt” I bragged smugly, making everyone snigger or laugh.   

“I guess you are turning into a Little Rebel” Nick taunted with a wink, making me roll my eyes, still unable to fight the smile.

As if only just realising jester frowned at me “Why are you wearing just Nick’s top?”

I felt a blush rise on my cheek, as all of their eyes scanned my body. Of course I had a pair of his boxers on but his insanely large shirt that fell mid thigh, covering any proof of the shorts.

“You two haven’t do anything naughty have you?” Reece asked teasingly, making me gasp and look at him with wide eyes. Out of all the people I would have not expected Reece to say that, he was the responsible one. 

“I think they did …” Aaron added, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. Everyone laughed apart from me, I could even feel Nick’s chest rumbling from laughter. 

"Oh we did a lot of things. A lot of bad things didn't we babe?" Nick drowled in his sexy voice, making me shiver unnoticanebly.

“We did not have sex or doing anything sexually together!” I clarified, not an ounce of uncertainty in my voice.

They all brushed of my comment and started making up their own situations of what happened. At first I was blushing none stop just denying everything. Although I won't deny the fact that some of those things did sound rather inviting ... 

I let out a long yawn, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. Trying my best to ignore their teasing and suggsestive comments, which didn't sound half bad.

I rested my head on Nick’s shoulder feeling him tense up, but it was too comfy to move. Plus I felt safe in his arms and after what happened tonight, that’s what I needed.

I let my eyelids flutter shut, letting out a content sigh. I was briefly startled when I heard Nick whisper in my ear, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

"I'm sorry, that I scared you Ashley. I promise I never meant to hurt or scare you like that, I never would!" He assured me, in a voice just barley loud enough for me to hear.

I didn't open my eyes, but my breathing caught in my throat and my heart raced, when I felt Nick's lip press against my fore head, in a pathetic excuse of a kiss. Yet his touch droze my crazy. Leaving my skin crawling with anticapation, my heart racing to point where I was sure everyone in the room could hear it.

It was crazy how the briefest of touches, or the simplest words from Nick, could leave me breathless and wanting more. He was like my own personal branch of Drugs, just a little wasn't enough. I wanted - no! Needed more.

And I think it was safe to say that - Me. Ashley Donovan, was falling for Nick and fast! ... Or maybe, I'm not falling, but have fallen! It has just taken me a long time to realise.

The last thing I registered, was them talking about was what actually happened, and why I was in Nick's clothes. Before I fell asleep, snuggled up against Nick, my head rested on his broad shoulders. My mind swimming with the fact I have only moments ago come to terms with. 

************

Hey everyone :)

So I was planning on updating tommorrow, but I finished it tonight and decided to upload and treat you all! =)

N'awww, who knew Nick could be such a sweetheart? Sooooo, please tell me what are all of your thoughts on the chapter, and if you liked it vote please. Thanks nerds_R_us

Note: I would just like to say, that I watched the last eposide of 'awkward' season 2 and I am having a major fangirl moment here! I was totally team Matty, and I just wanted everyone to know how hyped up I am about it! She finally picked Matty over Jake whoop whoop :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...