Surviving | Attack on Titan |...

By silverserein

| Reader x Levi | Attack on Titan AU | Modern | "A thanks would be appreciated, after all I'm the reason bot... More

Chapter One: Welcome to Los Angeles
Chapter Two: Supplies
Chapter Three: Alone
Chapter Four: Just An Animal
Chapter Five: More Survivors
Chapter Six: Arguing
Chapter Seven: Flashback
Chapter Eight: 'Rotten Potatoes'
Chapter Nine: Abandoned Gas Station
Chapter Ten: How They Turn
Chapter Eleven: Idaho
Chapter Twelve: Out Of Gas
Chapter Thirteen: Mall
Chapter Fourteen: Concert
Chapter Fifteen: Annoyed
Chapter Sixteen: Eren!
Chapter Seventeen: The Basement
Chapter Eighteen: Locking Her Up
Chapter Nineteen: Cuddling
Chapter Twenty: Clothes Shopping
Chapter Twenty-One: Midnight Snacks
Chapter Twenty-Two: Party
Chapter Twenty-Three: Strangers
Chapter Twenty-Five: Kenny
Chapter Twenty-Six: I Have a Plan
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Plan
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Christa's Story
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Escape (Part One)
Chapter Thirty: The Escape (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty-One: The Scouts
Chapter Thirty-Two: New Discoveries
Chapter Thirty-Three: Tests
Chapter Thirty-Four: *Special*
Chapter Thirty-Five: A Date?
Chapter Thirty-Six: I Love You
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Candidate Zero
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Candidate One
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Cure Darts
Chapter Forty: The Curing
Epilogue
Author's Note
Alternate Ending
Vote!
Please follow and support!

Chapter Twenty-Four: Nile Dok

4.6K 217 53
By silverserein

[Name] sat there, her face shoved into Levi's chest as salty tears continued to form and fall out of her glossy [e/c] eyes. For the past ten minutes it had been like this, silent except for the muffled sobs of [Name] and quiet whimpers from Sasha. Levi didn't exactly know what to do in the situation, so he awkwardly put his hand on [Name]'s back and rubbed small circles with his thumb and pointer finger. While [Name] sobbed into Levi's chest and Sasha into her own blood covered knees, everyone else just sat there staring into space.

Connie, Armin, and Eren didn't know what to think. The trio had actually gotten close to Marco in the past week and the half of living inside that mall. Whenever Eren and Jean would get into an argument, Marco was the one to stop it and talk some sense into them. Jean didn't want to believe it. To believe that his freckled friend of over ten years was dead. It wasn't something he could just accept and move on with. 

Sure, losing his coworkers in the beginning of this mess hurt him -- but he got over it because he didn't know them the well. Jean knew [Name] blamed herself for Marco's death, everyone knew it, but yet none of them had the energy to say anything about it. It was like a dream to them, a very bad dream that they wanted to wake up from. 

Except it wasn't a dream, it was reality and there was no waking up from it. 

Is this what Petra felt like after losing Auruo? [Name] couldn't understand her pain back then, but know she does. And she doesn't like it, not one bit. Mikasa and Levi were the only ones not upset about it. Sure, Mikasa felt bad but she was never close to Marco. As for Eren, it was like seeing his mother get devoured by those flesh eating monsters, bite by bite. Although it wasn't as bad as that, it was pretty close. 

So this is what losing a friend feels like, [Name] thought as she let out another muffled sob into Levi's wet T-shirt. Besides [Name]'s sobbing, the only noise was the engine of the rusty green tank they were in. Reiner had gone through the small door that separated the two parts of the tank, leaving the new acquaintances to grieve by themselves. 

"It's all my fault," [Name] muttering into Levi's shirt, breaking the unsettling silence. Eren looked up at [Name] with sad eyes and tried to deny it but no words came out. 

"No, it's their fault." Jean snarled, both hands formed into shaking fists. He kept his gaze glaring at the metal floor, and his jaw set. No one had to ask to know who he was talking about, it was out and obvious. "If they hadn't crashed in, and we hadn't helped them out Marco would still be alive."

"Even if we didn't help them, there could still be a chance that one of us would be dead," Levi pointed out bluntly, yet truthfully. 

"There's not telling what could've happened. What happened, happened. We just have to try to forget about it," Mikasa added, her eyes boring into the side of Jean's face. How the two of them talked like nothing happened, it sickened him. It made him boil even more with anger, to the point his face started turning red.

"Marco knew what he was getting into when he stayed," Armin spoke staring sadly at his hands, "he knew what the possibilities would be." 

Even though what Armin said was the truth, nothing but the cold truth, Jean didn't want to believe it. Someone was to blame for it, and it wasn't [Name], it wasn't the zombies, it was the three strangers that just had to crash their parade of safety. The tank must have hit a bump, or curve, because it threw Sasha and Connie onto the floor. 

"What the fuck?" Connie groaned as he slowly sat up. Sasha groaned quietly, but didn't bother to even get up. Instead, she rolled over so she was on her back and shut her eyes. [Name]'s sobs came to a stop and she slowly detached her face from Levi's chest. Levi stared down at her with concern clearly written on his face. 

"Are you okay?" He asked in a hushed voice so no one could hear him. [Name] bit her lip and gave him a small nod. "Yeah, I'll be fine for now. I hope." She whispered and offered him a weak smile. The corner of Levi's mouth twitched so that he gave an awkwardly sad smile back, which made [Name] bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm going to kill them. I swear it," Jean growls, his knuckles now turning white. [Name] sighed and looked at Jean with red, puffy eyes. "It's not their fault," she said quietly. 

"What are you talking about?! Of course it is!" Jean shouted, now looking up at her. His eyes were red and glossy, but his face held so much anger. 

"They couldn't help what happened Jean! Just think about it! Marco wouldn't want you to think like this!" [Name] shouted back, her hands now forming into fists. No one else said anything, they all just silently watched, not wanting to get involved. 

"Don't you talk about Marco like you've known him that long," Jean snarled, causing Levi to narrow his stormy blue eyes at him, but Jean didn't seem to notice or care. [Name] sighed and leaned back onto the metal wall. 

"I may have not known him as long as you have, but I knew him enough to call him my friend. Marco wouldn't want you blaming people about his death, or put his blood on someone else's hands. If anything, blame those things that have killed so many. They were the ones to drive these people into the mall, and they were to ones to end Marco's life," [Name] said calmly, "so if you're going to blame someone, blame them."

The tank came to a slow stop, and then there was muffled and unclear talking before it started moving again. Jean looked down sadly and let out a shaky sigh. "You're right," Jean started quietly, "but it doesn't mean I'm going to forgive and trust those bastards." 

[Name] nodded, understanding Jean's view of things. The small space went silent once again, except this time there wasn't even the sound of [Name]'s muffled silence. Was it comfortable or unsettling silence? [Name] didn't have time to tell, because not long after things became silent the hatch squeaked open and the blonde female's face stared down at them blankly.

"Get out," she demanded emotionless then disappeared from their sight. Slowly, one by one of them climbed out of the tank and into a large building that had more survivors in it. Not exactly knowing what was going on, the group stayed close to one another with confused faces. 

"Welcome to the MP," the tall brunette from earlier said walking up to them. 

"MP?" Armin asked with raised eyebrows.

"Military Police," the man explained. Armin gave an unsure nod. "I'm Bertholdt, but you guys can just call me Bert. The girl was Annie, and I think you already know who Reiner is," Bert continued. 

"Why did you bring us here?" Levi asked crossing his arms over his chest and narrowing his eyes at Bert. Levi and [Name]'s eyes travel around the room with suspicion when Levi's land on the girl, Annie, talking to a tall man with short black hair and dark eyes. The man also had a small amount of facial hair. Levi continued to stare at him, trying to think of where he's seen him before, when Annie gave him a nod and started walking their way. 

"Hand over everything in your pockets including weapons," Annie demanded coldly. Levi scoffed and rolled his eyes. "When this world turns normal is when I'll hand over my weapon," he snapped with a straight face. Annie's blue eyes narrowed at him. 

"Either you all hand them over, or we'll have to forcibly take them. Your choice," she said as more men from the MP started the circle around them. 

"U-Uh, Levi, I think we should just hand them over. These men look kind of.." [Name] whispered to him, trailing off as her eyes darted between the heavily built men. Levi scoffed and glanced at the men. "Fuck no," he said out loud. 

"Men," Annie signaled. The one word made the men grab each person's arms and hold them tightly as two others searched their bodies for weapons and any other items that was on them. 

"Ugh, let go of me you dumb pricks!" Eren shouted as he struggled against the two men restraining his arms behind him. "Shut up, dog." One of the men spat. 

"Get your nasty ass hands off of me you fat fucking pigs!" Levi snapped.

"Let go of me! I'll fucking kill you!" Jean yelled.

"What the hell? Let go of me!" Connie grunted as he struggled.

"Gah! Don't take my chips!" Sasha whined.

"Fucking hell, let go of me you blockheads!" [Name] shouted.

"Idiots, what the hell is wrong with you?" Mikasa growled, glaring at the two men holding her.

"This is bad," Armin mumbled, but it wasn't loud enough for anyone else to hear. 

"You know.. we could have just done this the easy way if you were to corporate." Everyone looked up to see who the voice belong to. It was the man Levi seemed to recognize earlier, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He knew him from somewhere, but he couldn't place where. 

"Who are you?" Eren asked harshly. 

"My name is Nile Dok, and from now on I'll be the one you'll listen to." The man, Nile, grinned as the men threw the newcomers into a room then locked the door. 

"Who are these people?" Sasha asked rubbing her wrist. 

"I'm not completely sure, but we aren't staying here." Levi answered, his gray eyes glaring at the locked door.

------------------------------

Feedback?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 512 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
14.1K 526 23
✦ 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐀𝐔 ✦ 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 - 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞, 𝐖𝐀 ✦ 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐬 - 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 20s or higher ✦Y/n's lif...
76 5 6
Born in the deep depths of the underground, you have no one to rely on for most of your youth after your parents' sudden disappearance. Unsure whethe...
429K 12.5K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...