Meaningful Mistakes

By hannahcmary

Lolita Brown. Behind her blond hair and enchanting blue eyes lies a world of pain. There are so many labels s... More

Meaningful Mistakes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
1M Bonus Material
Character Shorts
Author's Note
Other Stories

Chapter Thirty Nine

11.9K 371 81
By hannahcmary

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Thirty Nine

Everyone is acting the same. I'm included in the ring of worried people, although mine is a lot less dormant because of the rage that is blinding it.

I hate seeing my friend's pain, whether it's physically or mental. They have good hearts and don't deserve the circumstances that are in place because of me. Yet, no one has turned their blame my way.

"Like I've said a thousand times, I'm fine. I have Becky and Jake next to me right now." Hunter had held his promise about calling me whilst I am at school without him.

He'd heard about what happened to William after I messaged him, so he's frightened by Mia's childish behaviour that goes hand in hand with Noah. Amongst that, he was upset that such a private thing for William was made a mockery in school.

"I'm only worried something might happen and I won't be there." Hunter says over the phone, undoubtedly referencing more about Noah showing up than Mia's bullying. "I know you have Jake and Becky there, but I'll never forget the time you could've died because of Jake."

The accident. I also wouldn't forget, but unlike him I'm not mad at Jake. Yes- he had put me in a lot of danger, but he too was in that car. It wasn't his intention. He had a lot going on.

"That was under different circumstances." I can't help but laugh at the feud between them too. Jake is always terrified of my boyfriend, even after they tried to make up for everything.

"Besides the point." He states. "I'd go crazy without my Lollipops." This is said quietly, and I somehow can tell that he is smiling. I am too.

I laugh again. "You're such a dork." With one hand I manage to to zip my bag close so I can get ready for classes shortly.

"Hurry up." Jake drawls out and he leans against the gym bleachers. "You two have been on the phone almost the whole of lunch. Live in the moment Lolita. You'll see him when you're home."

Becky nods and puts down her sandwich she was gnawing on. She snatches my phone from my hand and presses it to her ear.

"Hey, Hunter!" She chirps loudly into it with a forced voice which makes both Jake and I curiously watch her. "It's Becky! Lolita is busy at the moment so she can't speak. Don't worry, you'll see her after school! Bye!"

With that she peels the phone away from her ear and ends the call. "That's one way to do it." Jake laughs and my mobile is tossed back to me. It's locked, and Hunter is gone.

"Miss Brown." Before any of us can say anything else, one of the Lacewood High teachers enters the gym and stands in front of us. We decided to eat our lunch here after practice instead of the cafeteria. It was a good attempt to avoid the crowd. "Coach wants to see you."

Now that is a worry. It's rare to be summoned by a teacher, especially when they're just a messenger for another. Coach is a slightly scary person. I have no clue what he wants.

"You're in trouble now." Jake's joke does nothing but provoke a glare from me. It is funny for him since he isn't the one needed in their lunch break.

"It's either has to do with cheer, or all the class time I've missed." I'm trying to reason with myself and the two across from me. At least this gives them a chance to be alone and comfortable with one another- in whatever their weird but cute relationship is.

With a heavy sigh, I leave the gym and make my way to the office. I assume that's where the Coach is since I wasn't given many instructions. When I get there, I learn that I'm right. He's standing there patiently with a white envelope in his hand.

"This came today for you." The light paper is handed over me to. "I didn't enter you girls last year because of sudden the change in the team, but I'm hoping you girls can bring home a win again. Do Lacewood some good."

National Cheerleading Competition.

I can't believe it. I haven't competed in so long.
I'm thrilled, but I don't let it show in front of Coach.

"Good luck, and you better start preparing." He grumbles before turning around and disappearing into one of the offices. He may as well have sent the envelope with the teacher.

"Oh my gosh." The shock pushes a gasp out of me. I'm practically bouncing on the spot, uncaring that I'm standing into the middle of the office. After such a terrible two days, this is the best news I've received. A little more more joy in my life.

Before I know it, I'm rushing out of there and practically sprinting down the hall. My legs ache from being so weak and after our cheer training at the first half of lunch.

I know the girls on the team will be in the cafeteria since I watched them head that way after changing- which is why I find myself standing at the table where they all are.

It's one thing I loved watching when I rejoined the team. They all sit together now, and with the basketball team. Somehow they all became close when my connection to the cheer squad drew them with the basketball boys that are my best friends.

"Girls." I'm wheezing from running. "I need you all in the gym now." I'm not leaving Becky out of this. The middle of a cafeteria isn't the best place for the news to be shared.

They all look at me with confused stares, but they oblige anyway and follow me back to the gym. I appreciate how easy they listen to me.

I toss my bag somewhere on the bleachers and sit myself on the first row of seats. "Becky, I need you down here with the rest of us." I wave her over as the team all gathers around.

"What's that?" Jade- one of the girls on my team, questions when I begin to rip open the envelope and pull out its contents.

A smile hasn't left my lips. "Coach entered our school again in the National Cheerleading Competition this year." I tell them as I unfold the letter as fast as I can.

"Read it out loud!" Becky all but gasps her words like I had after I was alone. She leans over my shoulder to look at the sheet with her own eyes.

"Congratulations Lacewood High, winners of the 2016 and 2017 competition. Your school has been chosen to compete in this year's National Cheerleading Competition!"

Last year the girls hadn't even gotten the chance to compete in it. Another thing that was my fault. Right as submissions were suppose to go through, that's when I when I had lost consciousness in class and had my first admission to hospital.

The team was in a lost state when it happened. I was only a junior, so it stirred the seniors at the time to assume they would fight for my role. Mia- also a junior went up against them and all but declared herself captain.

Coach never submitted an application. He thought it was best to take a year off for them. Unfortunately my hospital admission was long enough that Mia remained captain even into this school year. It crumbled the team and their spirit.

The ten girls around me all squeal with joy. My face scrunches up at the high pitch sound, a headache stirring. "I've never been to one of the competitions." Crystal says, her eyes glossed over with both nerves and excitement.

"I competed in 2016 and 2017 and the team won, but back then I was the youngest and had no control over it. This year it's all up to us. Together. As a team, we can do it." Some of my best days of my youth were the ones I spent with the cheer team. The members back then were different, but a few of same girls are alongside me.

Everything in life had been easy back then. Mia was still trying to fill her own shoes and only bullied me with less harsher comments, and there was no Noah. Not for long, anyway.

"I say we start working on song choices and choreography after this week's game." Hailey pitches her idea and I nod in agreement.

I open my mouth to verbally agree, but I see Jake spring up from the bleachers as if they burnt him. He throws his bag over his shoulder at the same time he rushes down the stairs.

Had we said something that offended him? He looks distressed, maybe even sickly. Becky is the first to call out to him. "Jake, are you okay?"

He ignores her. That's a concern because I know he wouldn't do that to someone as sweet as her, and simply because there's something going on between them.

Jake Miller disappears out of the gym.

My heart sinks. He was there so much for me in my hardest moments, so I want to be there for him now. I wasn't there when he needed me the most, and I live everyday regretting it.

I start to make my way towards the door, but not before grabbing Becky's arm. "Give me a minute girls." They know we're going to see if he's okay, so they nod understandingly.

It's rare to see him act like this. It's scaring me. He's stumbling down the hall as if he's paying no attention to his steps. "Jake slow down." It's me who is pleading this while we try to catch up to him. "What's going on?"

I start worrying even more. He never ignores me like this. He frustratedly runs a hand through his hair and turns around the corner where our lockers are.

My feet come to a stop, same with Becky. There's a crowd of students huddled around his locker, all leaning over each other to get a better look at something.

At first, I guessed it might be some prank because of how people have their phones out and are taking photos. But Mia Vanderal is there, a wicked grin on her face.

Her threat rings in my ears and I fight the urge to vomit right here all over everyone's shoes. She has already gotten to Hunter and William, I do not want to add Jake to the list.

He pushes his way through the tight group, so I start to do the same with him. Mia meets my eyes once we're close enough, and then I see Jake's locker.

It's been vandalised. Very recently judging by the smell of paint which hangs tauntingly in the air. Junkie- it's what's horrible written on it in red between terrible drawings of needles and pills.

The air has been stolen from my lungs. I have to be dreaming, because this is another low. This is Jake's secret. One that is sensitive to him. His drug addiction is not a joke to be toyed with- it nearly cost him his life.

I know that first hand. I was beside him that day in the car even though I had a feeling something wasn't right. He'd asked for me first when he was in rehab to open up to me and I saw how hard it was for him.

Jake has frozen and his shoulders tense so harshly that I can see the outline of his muscles through his shirt.

Becky acts sensibly by grabbing Jake and dragging him away from the scene. He's so stiff that his movements look robotic and forced. Students are laughing and taking photos of him.

Oh gosh.

Blood starts pumping to my heart, feeding the anger that has been there for so long. The rage is a growing bonfire and fuel continues to be poured over.

"What's wrong, Lolita? Regretting being a liar now?" Mia and Kimberly both are front of me. "Secrets don't stay hidden for long here. You know that. This is what liars and their friends get."

I don't know what parental issues or upbringing she had, but it must have been horrible if this is the person Mia Vanderwal is.

"You think this is fucking funny? You're sick, and messed up." My chest is rising and falling rapidly. I want so desperately to hit her- just once. "You're getting nothing out of any of this, what is the point? Is your life so boring that you find this funny?"

More students are pooling around, the crowd becoming bigger and more phones coming into sight. They want a fight. So do I.

"I enjoy watching you fall apart. You build yourself just like you are right now to me with all this confidence, then you're hiding back in hospital straight after to cry wolf like I'm the bad guy. Your friends clearly don't see how you're draining them, so I thought I would help them realise that little Lolita isn't such a tough girl if they're hurt because of her. I want to show them that you're a disgusting liar that ruins lives."

"Miss Vanderwal! My office, now!"

The principle had stumbled across the scene at the perfect time to hear her words that have pierced me. Ruin lives. Like how I am the cause of Hunter, William, and Jake being hurt in different ways.

Mia throws another glare at me. "If I get in trouble, you can kiss the rest of your friends goodbye."

Another threat. I don't let my anxiety show, so I reach up and hold onto Harper's necklace. I like to imagine the red head here right now, what she would think of all this.

I can't stay here a minute longer. My teeth grit and I barge past the students that bravely remained around to take photos of the locker. Pathetic. I think I hit someone's phone to the ground- but it's all a haze to me.

This has gone too far. Noah had personally taken it out with Hunter, and Mia exposed something so personal to William and Jake. My heart aches for them all.

Deep down, I know the more we fight back will only result with harder hits. I can't stomach that happening to them again. I'd let myself cope the blows to stop them from being in this mess.

As I'm walking down the hall, my arm is grabbed so harshly and tugged. I nearly stumble over my own feet to catch my balance. I am pulled into an empty classroom. My anxiety spikes and it begins crawling in my chest.

Not again. Please not again.

"You didn't hear any of this from me." As much as I don't like Natasha- Mia's old friend, I feel as if I can breathe again knowing it's her and not Noah. My face is paling to handle the shock that shoots through me.

I face her and see the frown on her face. She's looking at me as if I am crazy for not being able to breathe steadily now. I need to get it under control before I faint. I was so worried that it was Noah after what had just happened- and it was the first time again. I was alone.

"I don't approve of Mia's relationship with Noah, and their plan at isolating you from your friends." She's hiding from the view of the small window on the door so no one can see her.

This must be why she no longer is friends with Mia and Kimberly. It explains very little. Natasha is a bully just like the rest of them, but this moment here feels different. Like she's truely ashamed of what is happening.

"I know things about Noah. Things that I only caught wind of because of him gloating to Mia. His dad- Marcus has a company here in Lacewood. It's some sort of secret drug ring that supplies locally and a few other towns nearby. That's where he got the money to pay off his son's dodgy bail. He has people everywhere that he has helping him and Noah."

This- this is a lot to swallow down. Both a relief to have something to put Noah back where he belongs with his father, and a worry that this is another joke.

"Do you have anything to back this up with?" I can't trust her as much as I want this to be true.

She anxiously glances at the door again. "Seventeen Harbour Street. That's the house that his father owns and uses for sales. I think Noah said something about storage and labs in the basement where they keep the drugs."

If this is real, it truely could be it. Enough to help us- help me feel safe again. "Why are you telling me all of this? We hate each other."

Natasha tilts her chin up and narrows her eyes at me. "I still do. But like I said, I don't agree with what Mia and Noah are doing. It's childish and stupid. Now," she clears her throat and straights the pink shirt that reaches mid thigh, "you never heard this from me, we never spoke, and we still hate each. Got it?"

"Crystal clear." She doesn't have to tell me twice. There's only one way to prove what she's saying is true.

Neither of us say anymore. She opens the door and slips out before I do- acting as if it never happened.

"Is he okay?" I ask Becky the moment I step out of my last class for the day. Jake has been avoiding talking or looking at anyone, mostly hiding away in the school.

He is stronger than he gives himself credit for. He didn't leave school like I would've. What was done was horrible, but I'm glad that Jake is staying strong and sitting through class. Despite being deadly silent.

He did exchange a few words with Becky, so I know he's okay. I was too frightened to seek him out to apologise. I still feel so guilty for it.

The brunette girl sighs and tightens her pony tail. "He's not feeling the best, but he's taking it well considering half the school has started to label him."

I bite my finger nails to repress my guilt from growing worse. I keep picturing Hunter hurt in the cold alley, William crying on my shoulder, and Jake frozen in shock. My fault.

"His mom picked him up." Becky continues, answering my internal curiosity of where he'd gone. He stayed in class for a while, but I didn't know he left. "He was going to stay, but I told him to go home."

I jam my locker shut and walk beside Becky to the parking lot. The school day is thankfully over now, and I had to ask Becky if she could drive me home because I don't want to hassle the boys anymore than I already have.

"Oh great. He has the guts to show his face here again." Becky's words mirror my thoughts. A part of me expected Noah to be standing in the school grounds like he was yesterday. It's no surprise. "I think we get the cheer team to unleash their claws and attack him. It'll be over for him before it's even started. No evidence will be left."

He is leaning against his car, undoubtedly waiting for Mia. From here, I can see how red and bruised his knuckles are. The evidence of what he did to my boyfriend.

Becky's effort to lighten my mood fails. Every nerve in my body is burning painfully as I stare at that monster. He had so much of a fearful hold over me that I started to hate myself for it.

When Natasha pulled me into the classroom, I thought it was Noah all over again. I was terrified for that moment. I hated it. I hate feeling like that.

That monster destroyed a sixteen year old girl. Me. And other's that had been through his horrible ways. He's the same monster that is terrorising my friends.

For once, I am willing to allow my anger surface. I'm not sixteen anymore. I'm eighteen, and I don't deserve to be scared or hurt anymore.

"Hold this." I thrust my bag in Becky's hands, giving her no choice. I ignore whatever protest she is trying to give me.

I start walking towards Noah. Every step I take towards the monster who is already watching me, forces my heart to beat faster. Not in a good way.

Everyone lingering around in the parking lot has turned their heads and see eagerly what was about to happen. They're all in tune from the public stunts Mia caused.

"Lolita." My name sounds so vile coming from his lips that are curled up at one side. "Why the frown?"

I hate him.
I hate him.
I hate him.

Once I'm close enough, I swing my left hand towards his face. Like I'd hoped, he catches it with a tight hold. My skin around his fingers turns red. He knew what I was doing, and that is what I bargained for.

I'm right handed, not left. He is distracted enough that I can pull my dominate arm back and force it as hard as I can towards at his ugly face- hitting him in the centre.

My wrists burns at the impact. "Fuck!" He curses and grips his nose that immediately begins to bleed. Hunter's few lessons he taught me paid off, but it still hurt a lot more than I anticipated.

Noah doesn't let go of my left wrist as much as I tug at it. The grip only tightens painfully enough that it will leave a bruise.

He hurt my friends. He injured Hunter so severely that he was unable to walk by himself. I watched the boy I love groan in pain every few seconds. I had to help William with ice packs to take care of swelling.

William was outed in such a horrible way that he sobbed on my shoulder. Mia had stolen the one thing he cherished so much.

Jake was given a label that doesn't belong to him. He's a survivor, not a junkie. Yet Mia had damaged his locker to humiliate him.

I raise my knee and jam it into Noah's crotch. It is the perfect impact point for pain. I hope to do enough damage that he will never be able to have children. He doesn't deserve to after what he has done to women and young girls like myself.

Noah coughs and wails in pain. The grip on my hand drops so he can double over in agony and cradle the sensitive area.

"Messing with me is one thing, but bringing my friends into it crosses a fucking line." I manage to keep my fear at bay. This is my chance at letting my anger out. "Whatever twisted game you're playing- it's my turn now, and it's officially over."

He doesn't respond. Noah is still in so much pain that he can't move. For so long, I was terrified to be this close to him. I even fainted when I saw him at the gym after he was let out of prison. I don't want fear holding me captive.

I ignore the students who are hollering, whistling, cheering, yelling words, videotaping. They're just as childish for gaining entertainment out of this.

I rejoin Becky. "I want to congratulate you on that- I really do, but that might have been your biggest death wish. William is going to kill you. He's going to tell you in a million different languages about how that could've ended badly for you. Seriously, it would of been easier throwing yourself in front of a car."

I glance down at my fingers that are throbbing and as red as the wrist he held. Though, I don't care. It felt good to punch him.

"Noah can't do anything." I sigh when I see Mia rush over to Noah in shock at his pained state and embarrassingly glance around the the students who are laughing at him. "I'm sending him straight back to prison. Hopefully."

Becky's head snaps to me so fast, I fear it breaking. "How?" We both climb in her car and she starts to drive towards my apartment building.

"You know how Natasha hasn't been with Mia and Kimberly?" She nods and glances at me in the corner of her eyes curiously. "That's because she doesn't approve of what Mia and Noah have done, and, she told me something that I hope is true. Apparently his dad has some sort of drug thing going in Lacewood."

"What?! No way!" She exclaims, almost accidentally slamming down on the brakes in the middle of the road. I wince and grab the door handle as if it could save me. The picture of Jake and I having the accident flashes in my mind.

"Yes way. The detective is coming over this afternoon for William, so I'm going to see if they can check it out for me. If the address Natasha gave me is true, then Noah and his father can go away for a long time."

She presses her head into the back of her seat as she pulls into a parking space out the front of the building. "Thank gosh. I'm going to be honest, I was terrified if something was going to happen about me. Everyone had something done to them and I was worried."

Oh. I hadn't thought about how she must feel. It pains me to hear that, and I wonder if that was how Jake was feeling after everything.

"I'm sorry, Becky. I didn't-"

"No, no! Stop that right there!" She points a finger at me and shuts off her car. "None of it's your fault, and we all will keep telling you that. I'd gladly accept my bullet if it meant I could continue being friends with you."

I force a smile and grab my bag from where it rests between my feet. "How do you manage to stay so cheery all the time? I'd have a headache with all the drama and the pony tail you always have." I try to be funny so the air isn't as suffocating.

She shrugs. "I don't like people telling me who I am, or what to do. Drama is drama. I ignore, or deal with it properly." Becky answers before waving her hand dismissively. "You better get running before William wonders where you are."

"I'll see you tomorrow." I climb out of the car and wave quickly before rushing into the building. Despite previously being filled with so much rage, now I am bursting at the seams with what Natasha had told me. I really hope it's true.

I don't bother to wait for the elevator, I leap up the stairs two at a time before I reach my floor and race down the hall, practically falling through my unlocked apartment door.

"I have news!" I yell loud enough for the boys to hear. "Oh." My feet stop when I see Hunter, William, and the detective all sitting at the table together, papers scatted between them. I am either late, or they're early.

Their heads all are turned to me with their eyebrows drawn together in perfect sync. My cheeks flush with embarrassment. I didn't mean to sound so excited in a bad time.

Hunter breaks the silence with a laugh, clearly the only one who thought my embarrassment was funny. William and the detective are still frowning. "That was certainly an entrance." He comments.

I dismiss what he says and I walk over to the table. "It's good to see you again, Miss Brown." The detective says as he pushes his glasses on top of his head. 

"You as well." I stay polite, although him being here isn't a pleasant thing. It's a reminder to me that something is wrong. That's why the detective who handled my case is sitting in my home. "And it's Lolita. Miss Brown sounds old and more like a nanna's name." I sit in the spare seat at the table.

"Alright then, Lolita. William was telling me about everything Noah has done with involvement of fellow high school students." I nod along and interlaces his fingers together, resting his elbows on the table.

"Speaking of which," I interrupt- ready to confess what Natasha told me. "I heard a rumour about Noah and his father. Apparently they're providing drugs to the community. I was told that they store it in a basement at seventeen Harbour Street. I was hoping you could also take a look into that for me?"

I don't think anyone here was expecting this news. Either was I when I heard it from Natasha. "What?" William asks in disbelief, shaking his head slowly to process the information and where I got it from.

The detective starts jotting down notes and places his glasses on again. "I'll send some people out to investigate straight after." He clicks his pen after finishing writing his notes. "So far with everything we have- including Hunter's physical injuries, and if Noah and his father are found guilty of seeking contraband, he's looking at some serious jail time. You wouldn't have to worry about him again. Mia Vanderwal will be given an official police warning to not interact with you or your friends in any way unless it's deemed impossible to physical distance in a classroom setting."

I rub my eyes that have begged to cry all day, and suck in a relieved breath. All of the chaos could finally be over. No one would have to get hurt because of me.

The relief makes me feel as if my body is floating and I am back to not having to look over my shoulder anymore, or let guilt consume me. More than it needs to, anyway.

"I have all the photographs of Hunter's injuries and all the reported issues with me." The detective stacks his papers neatly and puts them in a black folder. "I'll have a team move out to the address you've given and assess the information. I'll get in touch once I sort this out and take his statement, as well as what we find."

"Thanks, Detective Reginald." William stands and shakes his hand, exchanging smiles with everyone before leaving the apartment.

The moment the door closes, the questions spring. "Where'd you find out about this whole drug business thing?" Hunter is the first to ask.

"Natasha isn't friends with Mia and Kimberly anymore because she doesn't like this whole situation. She ratted Noah out." I tell the two boys, repeating yet again how I got the information. "Did either of you hear from Jake?"

William sighs sadly and leans against the edge of the table with his arms crossed. He looks much better after taking time to himself after Mia outed him. "No, not after you texted us about what Mia had done to him. I understand it though, I needed peace and quiet after my situation."

I reframe from apologising or declaring myself guilty aloud, so I keep my thoughts quiet. They'll just disagree with me.

"At least it'll all hopefully be over?" I try to be the optimistic one. If Noah's dad also gets sentenced to prison, then I wouldn't have to be worried for him paying his son out of there again. Another relief.

"Let's hope." William pushes away from the table. "I promised Chuck I'd drive him to his first shift at his new job, so I better get going before I make him late."

I smile and watch him grab his keys off the kitchen island. He is adorable for driving Chuck to work. The greatest friend I could ever ask for because of the love and kindness in his heart.

"We can order in dinner tonight?" I pitch the idea, considering everyone is exhausted from dealing with the drama.

William nods and sends a tired smile back. "Sounds good. I'll see you two later."

He closes the door behind him and leaves the apartment. Yet again, I sigh sadly. I haven't had another chance to talk to him more yet, but eventually I will.

"He'll be fine, Lollipops." Hunter tells me. "He is happy with who he is, and after today he still wants to see Chuck. No one is going to make him feel bad enough to submit to being upset longer than necessary. He's a strong minded man."

He's right. He is strong.

For the young age of eighteen, he's done so much. He watched me crumble to pieces in front of him, and yet not once did he let it weigh severely on him. Although he cried for me at times, and cried because of the fear that people wouldn't accept him- he'd wipe his tears and beam a smile. Saying all will be okay.

Mia had crossed a line today by stealing something so valuable to William Henderson. And yet, he doesn't seem as broken hearted as he was after it initially happened.

"Come on" Hunter presses his hands on top of the table and stands up slowly with a few quiet winces. "After taking down Mia and Noah's asses, we need to celebrate."

He grabs my hand that is resting on the table and pulls me to my feet. "Hunter, you look like a squished blueberry. You can't even breathe without it hurting you- and don't say it doesn't cause I can see it. No celebrating anything."

The brown haired boy let's a boyish grin grow on his face. "Doesn't mean we still can't have a good time."

"What does a good time entail?" I lace my fingers with his while we slowly walk to my bedroom so he can be more comfortable for the bruises to calm.

He grins boyishly and sit's on my bed with his back against the headboard. Out of habit, I kick my bedroom door and walk to the other side of the mattress.

"You," he begins answering and makes sure to pull me to his side, "me, other things."

I raise an eyebrow and notice that his fingers are unbuttoning my jeans. "Other things?" My own finger traces over his eyebrow since he'd moved so lay on his side. He hums and slowly unzips my pants. "No way. You can't even walk properly."

He bites his lower lip to stop his smile from growing. Whether it's because my face is heating, or I haven't stopped his hand from slipping down the front of my jeans- I'm not sure why he looks so content.

"If you want me to stop, then I'll stop. Whatever you want, it's yours." Hunter says, noticing how my breathing had changed.

I wonder if he knew how much saying that means to me. "Don't stop." I whisper and my fingers curl around his shirt.

He lets his smile grow before moving towards me enough that his lips press to mine. "Lift your leg a little for me."

My heart drums in response. We hadn't done anything like this before- or anything else for that matter. Being in hospital delayed a lot of physical affection, as did his injuries for the night we were suppose to spend together.

I comply and his hand slips beneath my underwear which forces my back to bow. My eyes shut on their own once I feel his fingers inside me. At first I feel a slight bit of discomfort, but he gives me time to adjust.

Now, both my hands are holding onto Hunter's shirt. When the movement starts, I open my eyes and see his stare fixed on my face. This was his idea of celebrating.

"Are you okay?" He asks quietly.

I nod eagerly. "Y-yes," gosh, he managed to make me stutter. "I think we should celebrate things more often."

A gentle laugh bubbles from him. "We can celebrate as much as you want." A kiss is pressed to my cheek.

I stare into his hazel eyes with the fleck of green, and he stares into my own. There's something incredibly unfiltered to it- knowing what his hand between us is doing.

I do my best to remain composed, but it's difficult. His touch has thrown me into a deep pool of feelings and pleasure. Everything about him does.

Though today has been stressful, in a matter of minutes, Hunter was able to unwind me.

___________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 11.6K 65
Trevor Jenkins, a reclusive individual, appeared to have everything he wanted in life as the only son of a millionaire. However, behind the picture-p...
7.6M 173K 73
Rosé My past haunts me. It has tainted me. But I haven't let it ruin my happiness. I only want love but I'm afraid of not being enough. And crushing...
171K 3.5K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...