Qulsum

By Royal7

Qulsum Abi is going through a lot. Her step mother only favors Qulsum's step sisters and brother Worst part i... More

Qulsum
Meeting at the wedding.
Moving on
Anger Management
The guests
Road trip.
Camping.
Gold Diggers.
Fear of Flying
Homesick
Tired of him.
One Call
Exploring Belgium
Bye-Bye Belgium
The man in the gray suit
He's an Editor
She kicked him out!
Opening secret.
His truth.
Her wise words
Queen Aliza
Love Interview?
Its Enough.
Qulsum's love life
Hidden tear
Trust issues
The editors invitation
Am I Attractive?
Unwanted guest.
A step out of the house
Stuck
Progress
10 years
Taking a Stand
Dinner
Opened like a book
Real Talk
Friends?
Breakdown.
Depressed
Alone
Other women?
Threat
Phone call
Truth
Lost
Deep Conversations
News
Changes.
Normal
Stop
Split
Phone call
Kids?
Mrs.Rami
Job
Let's Keep it Professional
Heavy Rain
Storm.
THE END!

New house

8.2K 549 32
By Royal7

Qulsum's POV.

It's been about 3 weeks since we've moved into the new house. Yaseen has been very busy lately and he hasn't been giving me much time. Meanwhile I finally finished the book I've been writing for almost about a year now? And I was just waiting to call my in laws so we could talk about publishing it.

"Hey I just got off the phone with Derek anddd....I know you made dinner but he just invited me to go for dinner with him and the guys and I couldn't say no because We gotta discuss some things about my investment" Yaseen says rushing in.

"Yaseen..I was just setting the dinner though" I say sounding slightly annoyed.

"I know but...I told you there's been some issues with the products and you know I really gotta go."

"Ok. Have fun." I say and he smiles and runs off. So annoying.

I gave my father a call and we talked over dinner on face time. It was around midnight and Yaseen finally came home.

"Hey. Thanks for staying up." He says walking over and kissing my cheek.

"Hope you had a nice dinner." I say as we head up.

"Are you mad?" He asks. So stupid.

"No simply annoyed because I've been telling you I want to invite your parents over for dinner but you're never home so i can't do that. And my books been finished and-"

"Ok invite them tomorrow."

"Aren't you going out to see the machines in the warehouse or something."

"Oh ya...."

"Ok Yaseen I've decided I want to work." I say and he looks at me confused.

"What? Why? Do you need money?"

"No! I'm bored. You're never home! You want to have a baby but you won't be there and you moved out and just everything is so ...I GET BORED"

"Oh you miss me? Why don't you just give me a call?"

"Because you're working! I don't want to disturb you. Plus I call you during lunch and all you do is talk about your business which is fine but you're doing all the talking. You know a couple of times I just leave the phone on speaker and say ya oh wow just so to see if you notice and you don't cause you're so caught up into talking about your stupid business."

He chuckles an I squint my eyes at him.

"You really did that and I didn't notice?"he asks shutting the door and I layed down not even bothering to reply to his stupid remark.

"I'll go change and we can talk." He says.

"I'd love to hear about your business but Id rather sleep." I say and he laughs.

A couple minutes later he comes back and I shut my eyes.

"I know you're awake. Ok listen tomorrow I'll call in sick. We can go out for breakfast go to the mall get some shopping done-"

"I want to work." I say.

"Why!"

"Why not?"

"You don't need to! I can provide for us. Why waste time and energy."

"Because I'm bored."

"Well then go hit the gym or go to the park."

"Are you calling me fat?"

"No! I'm just saying since you're bored."

"Ok. Well I'd rather work and interact with people"

"How are you going to manage everything? You're doing that course online and house stuff"

"Why don't you want me to work?"

"Because man. I'm your husband I'm taking care of you. I'm here for you. Ok fine you wanna work?" He says holding each of my shoulders.

"Yes."

"Ok you can work as my secretary."

"Are you crazy? You think I wanna see your face 24/7?" I say and we laugh.

"Wait. Whose the secretary right now?"

"Oh. Her names Maryam. Lovely woman." As soon as he said that I smacked his arm.

"Ok just come in and assist me. I'll pay you. Ok?"

"What do I do how do I dress?"

"Well tomorrow morning we'll go get you some new clothes and you can come to my office.See what I do who I meet."

"I feel bad for our kids. Ok I'll try it out."

"Don't get too friendly with people."

"Wait am I going to be your wife or are you keeping it lowkey."

"Shut your mouth you idiot."

"Rude."

"Go to sleep Sumi."

The next morning we headed out and do some shopping I never ended up going to to office cause my sweet husband had to go check out the warehouse and honestly I didn't want to go but I'm glad I spent time with him.

"Ready for your first day of work?" He asks.

"I'm excited!" I say as we get out and close the door.

We walked side by side to the building and headed towards the elevator.

"You look cute in these sophisticated clothes. Such a ...woman." He says smirking and the he saw my face and stopped.

"Why do you have makeup on by the way."

"What do you mean. It's only a little."

"So? You look cute without that shit on your eyes"

"It's on my eyelid first of all."

"I know, but you're so beautiful without any of it." He says pinching my cheek as we walk out. I followed him and watched the employees greet him as he walked by.

"And this is my secretary Maryam." He says. She was in in her mid 30's smiling.

"Maryam this is my wife Qulsum That's Mrs.Rami to you however." He says and we shake hands.

"Hi nice to meet you. You're beautiful!" She says and I smile. I was flattered.

"Ok beautiful come inside please." Yaseen says hokding his door open.

"This is my office" he says sitting on his lovely chair.

"Wow it's nice. Where will I be?"

"You can sit right here on my lap or my desk."

"Well that's not very professional Mr.Rami"

"Well I never said we'd keep it professional." He said pulling me by my coat and pulling me into his lap.

"Well I'll have you know that I'm just your secretary at work." I said blushing and quickly getting up.

"Hmm Ok I'll get you a chair. I've got a quick
Meeting with this guy so you can grab a paper and pen from lovely Maryam and take notes. He should be here soon."

After 10 minutes of patience the guy was finally here.

"Ya send him right in." Yaseen said putting the phone down.

"Ok look sharp. Assistant." He says almost teasing me.

"Right in here Simon." Maryam says holding the door open.

"Hello Mr.Rami." He says and Yaseen stands up and gestures for him to take a seat.

"I'm Simon. I'm very pleased to be in your presence as I. Have heard you are a very busy man." He says and Yaseen smiles.

"Well that's true. But your offer was interesting to me. So I had to meet you. Simon I'm very confused your company is doing very well especially the last 2 years so why are you offering 50% of your company to me? You don't need much so..."

"Mr.Rami I agree I'm doing really well, and I'm glad you did your research. But I've also seen your investments and the companies you take part in are all more than just well. That's what I want. And honestly I already know as soon as your name pops up the demand will go wild."

The conversation went on and I wrote things down that I thought were important. Finally he left.

"So are you making a deal with him?" I ask and he looks at me and smiles.

"No he was willing to give up 70% and that's fishy to me. Somethings happening on the inside that I'm not aware of and he's hiding."

"How can you be so sure."

"Sweetheart nobody's willing to give up such a big share of their company unless there's trouble in the house. It almost seems like he doesn't want it. And since he's be giving up so much I would have to invest a lot of time into his business and I'm not doing that."

"Oh you're right. Here's the notes." I say and he takes a look then crumpled it up and throws it into the recycling bin.

"Hey!" I say folding my arms and he pulls me to him and smiles.

"Cute notes. Good job. A plus for you." He says smiling at me. Our faces were only a centimetre apart. Our eyes locked, my cheeks were burning red.

"Now go to Maryam I'm gonna call her and let her know. She's gonna pass you some books bring em in." He whispers.

"Great." I say clearing my throat and he smiles and let's go.

I went to Maryam and she told me to wait. So I waited until a lady and a man came.

"Can we help you?" She asks and I shrug.

"I'm just waiting for Maryam."

"Oh. What for?"

"Not sure. To be honest." I say and they both chuckle.

"So do you work here?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah it's my first day." I say smiling.

"Oh so you're a freshie!" The man says and I nod.

"My names Ilana." The lady says and I shake her hand.

"I'm Zafeer." The man says.

"My names Qulsum. It's a pleasure to meet you both." I say.

"We're from productions What about you?"

"Oh. Im actually just a secretary!" I say And they both look at each other and shrug.

"Wanna have lunch with us? You seem like you can learn a lot. We take lunch at around 1. Come down in the café. Their baked cookies are a must have!" Ilana says and I nod.

"For sure!" I say.

"Okay here are the books." Maryam says dumping a pile of them on her desk.

She looks at the other two.

"Printing?" She asks and they smile and nod.

"Hm. Thought so." She says.

"Thanks Maryam!" I say taking the books. I was struggling to carry these giant textbooks. But I didn't wanna look like a fool.

I kicked my foot at the door and Yaseen finally opened it he shut the door and looked at me and laughed.

"They're not that heavy." He says taking them from me.

"Yes they are!"

"Well you'll be reading them...so get use to it!" He says putting them on his desk.

"Excuse me?" I say and he sits down.

"What? You didnt study business so you need to learn  something's . These books should help." He says smiling.

"Oh come on!"

"I'm going to a meeting in a bit so you can read while I'm gone. Once I'm back we can have lunch together."

I started reading the book and boy was it boring.

"Alright I'm off see you in a bit." He says leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Ok take care." I say as soon as he left I shut the book. I'm not doing this.

I switched to his chair and leaned back. What a nice chair. I could just fall asleep.

A couple minutes later I got a call.

"H-hello?" I say.

"Hi sweetheart, how's the studying going?"

"Oh, um great very interesting"

"Really? Which chapter is it?"

"Um the chapter....let's...hmm.seee" I say quickly opening the book.

"Oh it's the introduction to business... I'm still on the first one." I say with a Nervous laugh.

"Ok well I gotta drive now so enjoy. The next chapter I'm sure you will find very interesting!"

"Oh okay drive safe!"

"Hey listen."

"Ya?" I asked.

"I love you." He says making me blush. How is this man making me giggle when he's already mine.

I continued reading I might as well learn something while I'm here.

The clock hit one and I headed down and looked around for the cafe and saw the same two people standing with 2 others. I felt a little shy to approach them but unfortunately she had seen me.

"Hey!" She calls out and I nodded and walked towards them.

She came with me to order and then we sat down.

They talked for a bit they were pretty professional but at the same time they would talk about basic things too so it wasn't hard to tag along.

The other lady Madison turned to me.

"So Qulsum how did you get the job? I mean he's never mentioned wanting a personal secretary."

"Oh um well I'm act-"

"Who cares. That's what you care about? I'm more interested in how you work in the same room as him? I mean surely it isn't easy."

"What do you mean?" Ilana asks.

"2 weeks ago we were meeting a client and him and I were in the car. I have never met a man who is so...awkward? Like he said nothing the whole time and in all honesty he seemed fine with it."

"Music?"

"He's quite a mystery." Ilana says.

"Qulsum." His voice sent shivers down my back. I turned around and saw him standing there. Mashallah so handsome.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Come with me." He says and I nod.

"Ok well it was nice netting you all." I say and they nod as I followed my husband up.

He shut the door behind us and looked at me.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Um...having break..." I say and he walks towards me and leans down and stares at me.

"Did I not say we were going to have lunch together?"

"Yes. Well I'm your wife so I figured I can get two!" I say and he shuts his eyes and chuckles.

"You're..So ...I don't know what to say to be honest."

"Are you mad?" I ask looking up at him.

"No...just a little annoyed. I don't like to mix with the workers."

"And you would like for me to do the same." I say and he looks away.

"That's fine. I understand that you would like to keep a professional relationship with them. I won't have break with them from now on."

"No you don't need to do that. This is me you can do-"

"Well this is me. Im sure if I were working and I kept a professional relationship with everyone that you would do the same for me out of respect. And because I have the utmost respect for you I'm going to do it on my own free will."

"Thank you Sumi. Really it means a lot."

"What can a I say Mr.Rami you're married to an Angel." I say and he smiles.

"That's a bit of a stretch but I'll let it slide." He says and I laugh.

"Oh by the way I don't think they know I'm your wife... I was going to say it but they cut me off so that's ..weird."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
504K 23.2K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
6.4K 479 24
"You tried to target my siblings and I did what my heart said." I said looking in her eyes and she rolled her eyes. "Your that stupid heart didn't l...
20.8K 1.1K 69
STAND BY ME❀️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...