you're my cure ➸ l.h

By lostboycalum

"for someone who's fixed me over and over again, you sure know how to break me." [ in which his only cure is ... More

prologue ≫ boy who blushed.
one ≫ missing.
two ≫ text hearts.
three ≫ skype call.
four ≫ "friends".
five ≫ visiting.
six ≫ michael.
seven ≫ getting bad.
eight ≫ restrictions.
nine ≫ mental hospital.
ten ≫ getting the band back.
eleven ≫ band practice.
twelve ≫ leaving.
thirteen ≫ school sucks.
fourteen ≫ the jump.
fifteen ≫ relapse.
sixteen ≫ floor two.
seventeen ≫ rejects.
eighteen ≫ pills.
nineteen ≫ calum.
twenty ≫ floor one.
twenty-one ≫ ashton.
twenty-two ≫ confusion.
twenty-three ≫ somewhere new.
twenty-four ≫ echoplex.
twenty-five ≫ panic attack.
twenty-six ≫ daydream away.
twenty-seven ≫ false betrayal.
twenty-nine ≫ accidentally unfaithful.
thirty ≫ a music video.
thirty-one ≫ coming home?
thirty-two ≫ home.
thirty-three ≫ savor now.
thirty-four ≫ just, gone.
thirty-five ≫ come find me.
thirty-six ≫ feeling home.
thirty-seven ≫ better.
thirty-eight ≫ nicknames.
thirty-nine ≫ seriously, better.
forty ≫ small fame.
forty-one ≫ smooth sailing.
forty-two ≫ @5SOS
author's note.

twenty-eight ≫ independence.

3.7K 127 29
By lostboycalum

"Alright, you can watch me play first, and then I'll teach you. Sound good?"

I nodded and watched Luke get up from his seat next to me and fiddle with the tuning pegs. His cherry red guitar was already slung around his neck, and as I saw that I realized I'd never noticed how broad Luke's shoulders were. He started to play the start of a song that I couldn't quite name at first, and then it hit me.

"Voodoo Doll?" I smiled, guessing the song correctly.

Smiling at me, he put his jet black guitar pick between his pearly white teeth and ran his fingers through his hair. "Wanna play a game?" He smirked.

He played the beginning of all the songs on the EP, and I guessed all of them correctly. It was a pretty easy game seeing as there were only a couple songs.

"You're going to do perfect. I don't want you to be stressed about this, okay?" I said, looking up at him with a serious face.

He smiled so small that I almost didn't catch the corners of his mouth curving upwards, but it was there. "Thanks." He said.

After he ended the last song's beginning, he lifted the guitar over his head, and held it to his side by gripping the neck.

"Your tuuurn!" He laughed, holding out the instrument to me.

I huffed sarcastically as I stood up from my position on Luke's bed, coming closer to him and his guitar. Once I was within arms reach, he gently lowered the guitar strap over my head, placing a kiss on my forehead in the process.

"Alright.." He mumbled, walking behind me.

He wrapped his arms around to put his hands in the same position as if he was about to play it; both of his large hands over mine. His chest was pressed lightly against my back, making me slightly blush; not that he could see.

"So.. Wait which song are we playing?" He chuckled, his chest vibrating my back.

"I wanna learn You're My Cure. Or at least the beginning." I blurted.

All he did was nod, slightly laugh, and hand me a guitar pick from his cluttered desk. He brought my fingers to where they were supposed to be, and told me which strings to strum. He was a good teacher; I learned the intro to the song in a mere fifteen minutes.

"Natural talent, wow." He marveled.

He was now sitting on the bed while I was standing - switched positions from just half an hour ago.

I'd started to become bored of playing the same intro countless times, so I (while struggling) took the instrument off of me and set it down carefully on his bed.

"I wanna learn more about your YouTube channel." I plainly said, sitting down next to him.

He immediately put his hand on my thigh as I sat down; he always had to be in contact with me and I loved it.

He groaned and started laughing out of embarrassment, putting both of his hands over his eyes. "Do we have to?" He laughed.

"Oh, c'mon. They can't be that bad, you've always been a little cutie." I giggled, poking his cheek.

He glanced at me and sighed. "If you want."

Then, he took hold of my hand and brought me up, and out of his room. He took us down the hall to what I assumed to be the games room. There was an old man playing digital cards on the only computer there, and I was afraid that we weren't going to be able to play his old videos, but Luke apparently knew everyone here.

"C'mon Leonard, you don't even know how to use a computer." Luke said, lightly nudging the old man.

"Shut up Luke! I know what I'm doing with this comput-erator." He grumbled, roughly slapping the side of the outdated computer.

"They're having a special on oatmeal right now. You can have two bowls." Luke flatly said.

Like magic, the old man stood up and quickly walked over to where the food court was, I suppose. Well, as quickly as an old, crazy man can walk.

Luke sighed, breathing a small laugh. "Do you wanna.. Are you gonna sit down?" He said, pointing to where 'Leonard' was sitting just a few moments ago.

"I'll just sit on your lap, I guess."

I'm glad the both of us didn't take it so weirdly that I was sitting on his thigh. I think people around us thought that I was being inappropriate by sitting on my boyfriend's lap, but I just didn't want to sit where the old man was sitting.

Luke snaked his arm around my waist and set his hand over the mouse, clicking on the search bar and typing in YouTube. After that, he clicked on YouTube's search bar and typed in, 'hemmo1996'.

"Hemmo1996?" I laughed, making his cheeks go red.

He fake pouted and started chuckling.

"I made it in like ninth grade, shut up!"

I let a couple more laughs out as he looked at all of the covers he did back in ninth grade and tenth grade.

"First one!" I pointed, trying not to laugh at how small he looked.

The title said it was Mike Posner's 'Please Don't Go'.

"Why did I tell you about this, oh god." Luke laughed.

He clicked on the video, and then wrapped both arms around my waist, pulling me in; he softly rested his chin on the dip in my shoulder.

The video started and I stifled a laugh because of how small and cute he was.

"Stop laughing at me!" He said sarcastically, while laughing at himself.

To be honest, the cover was decent. It wasn't perfect or really produced, but it was cute. I liked it.

Although, it ended quicker than I'd expected. I felt Luke take his chin off of me and I glanced at him to see his cheeks flushed red.

"Don't be embarrassed; it was adorable." I smiled, leaning in to kiss his cheek.

He just sighed, smiling. "You're too nice." He said.

After the first video, we ended up spending the next half an hour together, watching his YouTube videos. I was surprised, because some of them had Michael, Calum, and Ashton when they were just freshman and sophomores. It was cute to see, actually.

I glanced at the clock and furrowed my eyebrows, wondering how it was only half past four o' clock. Then, it occurred to me that I'd come here right after school; when visiting hours weren't in session.

"Wait - how am I here? It's not even visiting hours-"

"Shh!" Luke said.

I giggled. "What?"

He leaned near my ear, making my heartbeat quicken. "If you don't mention it around the nurses, they don't notice." He whispered.

I widened my eyes and laughed a tiny bit as I looked around for a nurse or someone that would tell me to go home. There was no one around; Luke was right.

"So I can just.. stay?" I asked.

He nodded and pulled me into him again, and lightly kissed my neck. "For a while, at least."

》》》》》

"Hmmm.." Luke hummed next to me.

I fluttered open my eyes to see a fluffy-haired Luke, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands. His cheeks were a light pink, making him look paler than usual. I stretched and then abruptly realized I was in Luke's uncomfortable hospital bed. I reached down to my pants pocket and took out my phone, checking the time to see it was 7:30. I smiled at the fact that we still had at least half an hour together.

I felt Luke stir beside me. "Did we fall asleep?" Luke asked, his voice raspy.

I rubbed my eye. "I guess." I said, yawning.

He let his eyes droop close again, but he outstretched his arm to wrap around me and pull me into his side. I cuddled up into his chest, pressing my face into his shoulder.

"You're cuddly when you're sleepy." I said smiling, my words muffled into the fabric of his shirt.

"You're cute when you're sleepy." He said in return, rubbing my back.

I pulled my face away from his shoulder to find his eyes. "Hey.." I started, getting his attention.

He looked down at me, tucking a strand of my loosened hair behind my ear.

"Are you nervous about the concert still?"

He sighed and ran a lazy hand through his fluffed hair.

"You're for sure going to be there?"

I nodded which sparked a dimpled smile from Luke.

"Then, no. I'll be fine, I think." He smiled, leaning in for one last kiss, before a nurse showed up and I was unfortunately sent home again.

》》》》》

"You're alright with me going to the concert then, right?" I asked my mom.

We'd just finished dinner and I thought now would most likely be the best time to ask her, since my dad had gone to the bathroom. I'm almost one hundred percent sure my dad wouldn't approve of a concert, let alone a boyfriend, really. Both combined would probably result in him having a fit with me.

"It's on a Saturday, plus I'll have my homework done on time." I added.

She nodded; a positive sign.

"Yeah, Jas, I think it-"

"There is no way you're going to a concert tomorrow, are you crazy?" My dad laughed from behind me.

I shut my eyes and sighed. I should've been quieter about it. I turned around and put on my nicest face.

"Please, dad? It would mean a lot."

"Answers still no, you're too young to go to a concert!" He raised his voice.

I think we, my dad and I, both knew that was a weak argument. I'm practically seventeen already, how is that too young to go to a concert? Most of the time, I would've just stormed off like usual and not have gone to the concert, listening to my dad's orders. But, I have to. For Luke.

"I'm almost seventeen! How can you say I'm not old enough, I know twelve year olds that go to concerts!" I spat.

He was taken back - I'd never really talked back to my dad before.

"Go to your room." He demanded, pointing to our stairs.

I looked at my mom who sighed, looking at my dad.

"She should go. It's important." My mom said.

"No! No means no."

"I'm going to the concert." I laughed.

"I can drive, I have money. I'm going." I finished.

He glared at me, pointing to the stairs again. And I went; not because I was following orders, but because I wanted to.

》》》

heEEEYY guys

sorry i didn't update on friday but hey i have a valid reason ok ready for this

I SAW 5SOS AND 1D IN CONCERT WOO

so blame them for my tardiness lmao ok

remember to comment and vote and follow and all that shit whatever you want to do man i'm tired

i love you guys a whOLE WHOLE lot. thanks for everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 64.4K 31
❝Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.❞
3.7M 65.6K 59
"How could you ever love someone who causes you so much pain?" This is the continuation of "The Chase"
292 1 19
a missed/lost opportunity (a chance that you did not use) all rights reserved
4.2K 136 20
"Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself, don't let me drown. Who will make me fight? Drag me out alive? Save me from myself...