The Millionaire's Teacher

By FluteQueen03

Riley Jones has left her past behind her. Until it finally catches up, determined to ruin everything and drag... More

Chapter 1 - Vision
Chapter 2 - Served
Chapter 3 - Drinks
Chapter 4 - Dinner
Chapter 5 - Followed
Chapter 6 - Popsicles
Chapter 7 - Hobbies
Chapter 8 - More
Chapter 9 - Lunch Surprise
Chapter 10 - Words of Pain
Chapter 11 - Electricity
Chapter 12 - Candlelight Chase
Chapter 13 - Fazendo Amor
Chapter 14 - Paixão da manha
Chapter 15 - Breakfast
Chapter 16 - Burdens
Chapter 17 - Tour
Chapter 18 - It's Just Business
Chapter 19 - Blindness
Chapter 20 - Manipulation
Chapter 22 - Hallucinations
Chapter 23 - Apologies
Chapter 24 - Patterns
Chapter 25 - Mile High
Chapter 26 - Arriving
Chapter 27 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 28 - Cold Hard Truth
Chapter 29 - On The Beach
Chapter 30 - Loss
Chapter 31 - Secrets
Chapter 32 - Funeral
Chapter 33 - Eviction
Chapter 34 - Coerced
Chapter 35 - Moving
Chapter 36 - Alone In the New House
Chapter 37 - Settling In
Chapter 38 - Suspicions
Chapter 39 - Unravel
Chapter 40 - Day In Court
Chapter 41 - Invasion of Privacy
Chapter 42 - Decisions
Chapter 43 - Moving On
Chapter 44 - Interruptions
Epilogue

Chapter 21 - Secret Doctor

2K 81 12
By FluteQueen03

Three weeks had gone by since their argument at the symphony. Riley had been consumed with the end of the year then closing out her class for the summer. It had been a very busy and dramatic three weeks.

Riley felt helpless and almost called Connor on many occasions but fought to stay strong.

The four months of Riley's time dating Connor seemed it happened ages ago. He called and texted every day over the last three weeks. Each time she saw his name of the caller ID, Riley ached to answer. She wanted to forgive him but just couldn't.

Time to contemplate everything over was abruptly halted when Kaylee called Riley explaining she had to call 9-1-1 because Vivian collapsed. The police officer assured Riley that Kaylee would be cared for by a female officer until Riley arrived at the hospital.

It seemed like Vivian was gone for hours while they ran tests. Kaylee and Riley waited in her room. When they finally wheeled Vivian back, she looked exhausted. The Doctor reported that Vivian was dehydrated and after a round of IV fluids, she could go home and rest for several days. He wanted to see Vivian for a follow up appointment early the following week.

Now that school was out and after all the stressful events in recent weeks, Riley's body finally came down. By the end of the week, Riley woke up with a terrible sore throat and she ached all over. Kaylee took Riley's cell phone saying she would call Grandma but a few minutes later, someone else showed up.

****

Connor was very surprised to see Riley's name on his Caller ID. When he answered, Connor could hardly contain his excitement. He was in a meeting with Gabe about more planning of the city building improvement project Cynthia helped her dad approve. When Kaylee said Riley was sick, Connor told the young girl he would be right there.

Now, standing at the door to the building, Connor hit the call button and was immediately buzzed in. Kaylee opened the door for him. She gave a small smile when she saw him and warmly returned his hug as he scooped her up into his arms.

"Mommy is still sad at you," Kaylee reported once they were inside the apartment.

"She's still mad at me?" He corrected, closing the door behind him.

She shook her head. "No, she's sad at you. She said you hurt her feelings and made her sad."

"I know, anjinho," He agreed. "I've been trying to call and talk to her but she won't talk to me."

(Angel)

"Well, now she's sick in bed and can't run away," She smiled, mischief clearly sparkling in those deep blue eyes.

Connor gasped in realization and shook his head despite his lips curving into a growing smile. "Is that why you called me?"

Kaylee giggled as she nodded. "I called Grandma, too. She's coming to get me so you will go hide in my closet when she gets here. Then you can take care of Mommy."

"You're a clever girl, Kaylee," Connor chuckled. "You're packed for Grandma's?"

"Mhmm," She grinned. "I'll show you where all the grown up medicines are and the temperometer."

"You mean the thermometer?" He scowled playfully.

"That's what I said!" She rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation.

Connor chuckled as he placed Kaylee down. He followed her to the bathroom where she did indeed show him where everything was stored. Next was a brief tour of the "sicky shelf" in the kitchen where Riley kept all the soups.

When the buzzer rang, Kaylee grabbed Connor's hand and dragged him as quickly as she could to her room to shove him into her closet. He couldn't help his chuckle but was reprimanded by the pint sized mastermind with a loud "SHH!" before she left to let Vivian in.

First, Vivian went to check on Riley who groaned at being woken up but in the end was grateful Vivian was taking Kaylee. Riley didn't want her daughter to get this nasty flu bug.

As Vivian led Kaylee out the door, the clever minx yelled very loudly, "By Mommy! We are leaving! Feel better soon!"

Connor had to cover his mouth to stifle his laugh until he heard the door shut. Just to be safe, he waited a few more minutes before emerging. When sure Vivian was gone with Kaylee, Connor tiptoed into Riley's room.

She laid peacefully in her bed covered in several blankets. A wracking cough made Connor wince. Riley felt the bed dip behind her, brows knitted in confusion. When she shifted to see why, she jerked in surprise at seeing Connor there on the edge of her bed.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded, laying back down and turning her back to Connor. Her voice was deep, croaky and rough. Riley coughed hard from using her voice.

"Kaylee called me," Connor replied softly, gently gliding his hand over her forehead to feel her temperature. She was burning up. "You have a fever, Tesouro. I'm going to take off some of these blankets."

"You have no business being here," Riley barked then coughed again weakly shoving his hand away. "Leave me alone!"

"I know you are sad at me," Connor pressed gently, smirking at Kaylee's words.

Riley leaned onto her side scowling at Connor in confusion. "What?"

"Kaylee said you are sad at me," he shrugged still fighting a smile.

Riley sighed and laid her head back on the pillows, the heels of her palms rubbing her tired eyes. "That girl...that sweet, loving girl."

"Yes, she is," Connor smiled. "Now, what are you wearing under all those blankets?"

Riley scoffed. "That's not your business!"

"Well right now it is because Kaylee has trusted me to take care of you," He scolded. "If you have a fever, too many layers or warm clothes will only hold in the heat. We need to get your body cooled off. I'm going to go fill the bathtub. If you are not undressed by the time I get back, I'll gladly do it for you." No hint of mischief was in his voice.

With that, he stood and exited the room purposefully so Riley couldn't argue. Sighing heavily in defeat, Riley pushed herself slowly off the pillow and swung her legs around to dangle off the edge of the bed. Everything ached, tingled and throbbed with her movements.

She heard the water running and in her weak, ill state her emotions flooded her. When Connor came back, he found Riley crying on the bed, still dressed.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Connor asked softly as he quickly crossed the room and sat on the bed next to Riley. Arms wrapped around her, Connor held her as she cried.

"I-...I'm so tired," She sobbed. "I hurt...all over and...I'm so mad at you! But...I'm glad you're here."

Connor pulled her onto his lap and cradled her. "I know, shh I know," He cooed. "Let's get your temperature down, that will ease the ache then you can sleep. When you are rested, I'll explain everything."

Riley nodded and didn't fight when Connor carried her to the bathroom, sat her on the toilet with the lid down then peeled off her sweat drenched pajamas. She was able to step into the tub with his help and the lukewarm water felt cold to her heated form.

After washing most of her body, respectfully letting Riley do some areas, Connor washed and rinsed her hair so she would feel thoroughly refreshed. Then he had her sit up, hug her knees and lay her head forward so he could squeeze cool water from the washcloth onto the back of her neck.

Well aware of why Connor was doing what he was doing, Riley was curious how he knew this method.

"How do you know to cool down the neck?" She asked softly when her curiosity took over.

"My two oldest sisters," He answered softly as he dipped the cloth again and raised it to her neck. "Both have kids. One Christmas, they all got sick. I watched and learned many things about kids that visit." Connor smiled at Riley who he noticed her face was already looking less flushed and more normal. "Clara, the oldest of the sisters, is a nurse. She explained that the hypothalamus, right here," Connor gently tapped just above the brainstem, "controls body temperature so that area needs to be the focus of the cooling down."

Riley hummed her acknowledgement and closed her eyes. The method he was using successfully made quite the difference and her body was already feeling much better.

"It's nice to be taken care of for a change," She confessed in a weak moment, voice quivering as her eyes lulled closed.

"I'll always be here for you, Riley," Connor replied, not a hint of teasing in those blue orbs. "I never meant to hurt you."

"I'm really tired," Riley commented, not having the energy for this conversation right now.

Connor nodded and let out a sigh. "I'll go get you clean pajamas then help you out."

Riley nodded then turned her face away from him as he stood to leave. Connor rummaged through her drawers very nervously and found a long cotton sleepshirt. When he came back to the bathroom, Connor heard her soft sniffles. It tugged at him that he made her hurt this way.

Laying the shirt on the counter, Connor took her towel off the rack then held it up to give her a curtain of modesty. When Riley didn't stand, Connor draped the towel across his front then reached under her arms to lift her up to standing. He tried to be respectful of her and avert his eyes from her body no matter how tempting it was to look. Riley noticed.

"Suddenly shy?" Riley scoffed bitterly. Shy or uninterested?

He gave her a firm look. "I'm trying to be respectful, Riley. The last thing I want on top of everything else is you feeling I'm taking advantage of your being sick. I'm not..."

Riley's cheeks flushed but not from fever. Her embarrassment evident, Connor tried to hide a smirk. He wrapped the towel around her and patted her body dry then pulled the loose cotton shirt over her head. Next he sat her down on the toilet lid, took her detangler spray, coating the wet tendrils thoroughly and retrieved her brush from the bathroom drawer.

"How are you so familiar with my bathroom items?" Riley scowled. "Your sisters didn't teach you that."

"No," Connor chuckled as he began dragging the brush through her locks from the bottom up. "Kaylee showed me where everything is."

Riley groaned and rolled her eyes. "She is too clever! I'm terrified for when she is a teenager! I suppose she had you hide when my mom got here to pick her up."

"She dragged me to her closet," Connor reported not bothering to hide his chuckle anymore.

Taking the towel again, he squeezed the excess water from her hair then took out the blow dryer. Once Riley's hair was thoroughly dry around her scalp, Connor began pulling it into a french braid. He was very much enjoying having his fingers deep in her soft, thick hair. Lips curled into a smirk as Riley's hummed revealing her enjoyment.

"Time for bed, now," Connor declared offering a hand to help Riley stand.

"I need underwear," She reported shyly before taking a step forward.

Connor faced her and raised an eyebrow. "Since I am trying to redeem myself, the last thing I am going to do is rummage through your underwear drawer. You can choose a pair yourself. I'll even turn around while you put them on."

Riley bit her lower lip and nodded which earned a warm smile from Connor. He led her back to her bedroom, fingers entwined and delivered her to the dresser, turning around as promised. Riley picked the "granniest" pair in her drawer to deter temptation then quickly pulled them on.

In his peripheral, Connor saw Riley hobbling back to bed and crawling in. He followed then tucked her in. It wasn't long before Riley was sleeping soundly.

Connor tiptoed out of the room heading for the living room. Flipping through channels, he settled on the news and watched for a little while.

As the sun began to set, Connor realized Riley hadn't had anything to eat, at least since he had been there. He found a can of soup and heated it over the stove in a small saucepan. Making sure it wasn't too hot, Connor filled a mug with the steaming liquid then carried it into Riley's room.

She stirred and scowled when Connor turned on the bedside lamp. The wrinkling of her face made him chuckle at the adorableness. Riley snuggled farther under the covers but Connor tickled her sides. She yelped at that swatting his hand away.

Gently capturing her wrists, Connor sat down next to her. "Alright, doentia," he chuckled. "Drink this then go back to sleep. You need something to eat."

(Sicky)

"Oh," Riley grumbled, forcing herself to sit up and lean her back against the wall. "Food and coffee cure my grumpies."

"I figured," He smirked, offering the mug again.

She carefully took the mug and brought it to her lips, drinking deeply. The warm chicken broth was soothing to her parched throat.

Connor sat there and watched, quirking an eyebrow silently encouraging her to finish it. When Riley had drained the mug, she gave it back to him and Connor sat it on the nightstand. Easing herself back under the covers, Riley settled back onto her pillow.

"Rest now," Connor gently ordered as he leaned over and kissed Riley's temple then stood to collect the mug.

Reaching out for his wrist, Riley missed and only brushed his hand but it was enough to get Connor's attention.

"Stay?" She asked softly, her eyes already droopy with sleep.

Connor smiled a little and nodded his head. Riley settled back down watching as he padded around to the other side of the bed. She pretended to close her eyes as he took off his shirt and jeans before crawling in beside her.

All too aware of his toned self beside her, Riley rolled over so her back faced him. Connor was not deterred at all and simply draped his arm over her waist and pulled her closer to him so her back pressed to his front. Already, her body temperature was lower but not yet normal. Revelling in the comfort of his natural warmth, Riley closed her eyes and quickly fell back asleep.

The irony is that I am sick, coughing up a lung and my throat Is raw from coughing.

Happy Valentine's Day! For me, its Happy Single Awareness Day!

Enjoy, vote and comment!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 534 59
(FALCON FAMILY SERIES- BOOK 5 FINALE) Meet Shawn Falcon, the sole heir of the Falcon family, where life seems to have been served to him on a silver...
321K 8.9K 44
Every girl needs their world to be rocked at least once. While Aiden Bradford believes he has everything he's ever wanted for his senior year at UCLA...
4.3M 114K 56
| Complete | REWRITING + ROUGH DRAFT | Riley Greene was all set for her summer vacation with her college boyfriend, Kevin. With her bags packed and p...
11.3K 320 45
Dealing with one man was bad enough, and now Riley was in a house with six. Who knows who are arrogant and who are kind. And she has learnt that best...