When We Were Young (Part 4)

By Dsquared1998

As Haley is getting her mental health back in check with the help of some of her new found friends, she has n... More

Bullets
Roadtrip
20 Mil
Near Death
Laura?
Mad Werewolf Disease
Reconciliation
Cipher
Gasoline
War
Truth be Told
Gone
Darkness
The Note
O Brother
Brain Dead
Demon Wolf
Reuniting
Burner
Apology

Goodbye

439 15 1
By Dsquared1998

It's not very often I get to sleep in, and let me tell you it feels great. Not only did I get the best nights rest last night but I'm also laying next to a still sleeping Derek Hale. I was laying on my back and he is sleeping on his side with his hand sprawled across my waist. Derek always looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, so I never dared to wake him. 

I grabbed his hand and slowly and gently took it off of me. He moved a bit but he didn't wake up. Since he tried...and failed to make me breakfast that one day, I'm going to make him breakfast, one where the food is actually edible. After all this would be the last breakfast we would have at the loft. 

Last night we both agreed to leave as soon as possible which would be today. I'm going to go to work and at least try to find Kate and Peter but if I can't then I've told myself to leave it to Scott and the rest of the pack, I know they can handle it. The only thing holding Derek and I back from leaving is me, and I am so ready to leave. 

I just finished the eggs and bacon when I felt Derek staring at me. I turned around and saw him standing there leaning against the pillar with just a pair of blue pants on, shirtless, and his hair sticking up every which way, with a smirk on his face. He looked sexy. 

"Morning" I said with a smile. 

My smile grew as he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around me and leaned his head down to kiss me. "You're in a good mood" He said softly as he rested his forehead against mine. 

"Because I'm actually happy" I told him with a smile. Derek doesn't smile often aside from the smirk he always gives. It's very rare that he actually smiles and you can see his teeth, which is the smile he's giving me right now. This smile would go down in the history books for sure. 

"Me too" He said giving me another kiss.

"Sit down, breakfast is getting cold" I told him. 

"Yes ma'am" He joked. 

We both got our plates and sat down to eat. "You gonna tell Scott?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, if you wanna wait we can, we don't have to leave tonight" He told me. 

"No I want to" I blurted. "For every good thing that's happened in this town three more bad things happen. It's like it's cursed or something. All I know is that this, us being happy isn't going to last long if we stay here"

"What about Peter? You were dead set on finding him last night" He said. 

"Scott can handle him" I said. "The bags are packed Derek, I just got one more day of work then we can leave and start a new life....If that's what you want" I told him. 

"Of course it's what I want" He said softly "It's what I always wanted" 

***

"You're leaving Beacon Hills?" The sheriff asked me, he seemed shocked.

"Yup" I told him. "I'm not leaving, I'm hauling ass before something else happens" 

"Well, Haley" He said getting up from his chair and walking over to me "I'm gonna miss having you around here" He said pulling me in for a hug. 

"I'll miss you too" I told him holding back tears. "You know Deucalion and Clayton are terrible people and I hate to say that I ever called either of them my father but you" I said taking a deep breath " You always been there for me and taught me so much. You are the father that I've always wanted, and I'm glad to have you in my life. I love you" 

I was suddenly wrapped up in his arms again, tighter than last time. "I love you too, and you are a daughter to me, and if you ever need anything I'm there for you okay? I'm one call away." 

***

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Stiles asked.

"I mean I'm leaving" I told him. 

"You're just gonna leave me like that, leave me to fend for my self. Who am I supposed to go to when I annoy Scott too much?" He asked me with his head moving in a way that I swear it was going to fall off. "I don't like it, nope I do NOT like it, you're staying....or....I could go with you....stay here and I'll pack a bag real fast" he said turning around to run up his stairs. 

"No Stiles! Get back down here" I told him. 

"It will only take a second" He said. 

"Stiles you need to stay here, the pack needs you" I told him. He walked slowly back down the stairs and stood back in front of me. 

"The pack needs you too" He told me. 

"It's time Stiles, It's time for me to leave and start a new and better life" I said. I was almost knocked over when he jumped and roughly hugged me, he was hugging me so tight that it was hard for me to breath. 

"Stiles, can't breath" I said

"Sorry" He said pulling back "You know I love you right, that I'll always be there for you. And I expect to be the god father to the little teeny Haley and Derek baby"

"No no, no babies" I laughed. "In a hypothetical situation...maybe" 

***

"You're leaving" Scott said knowing what I was here to talk to him about. 

"Derek already talked to you?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, I think it's the first time I've ever seen him excited about something, it's like he's a different person, you too" He said. 

"It's because we're happy Scott" I told him. "We've both suffered in this town for too long and we've felt obligated to stay here. I know you've lost a lot here too Scott but you handle so much much better than the both of us. You may be a teenager Scott but you are the smartest and most wise person I hav ever met and you have a right to have the title of a true alpha, and I'm proud of you" I told him. 

"I'm gonna miss you" He told me. 

"I'll miss you too, and if you ever need help with anything you let me know and I'll drive 300 miles" I told him. 

"Actually there is something you could help me with" He told me. 

"What's that?" I asked him. 

"I'm finally taking Kira on a date and was wondering if I could use the loft, I mean you guys are leaving tonight right, so you won't be there?" He asked. 

"Loft is all your's tonight buddy" I told him with a smile. 

***

With the good bye's said it was time to try and catch a lead on Peter. I went to his apartment first to try and catch a scent. When I walked in I was actually surprised that it didn't take me long to catch his scent. It usually takes me a couple minutes to catch one but it was like this place had his scent all over the place, if may be his apartment but he never actually stayed here, he was too busy being a psycho and plus against my objections Derek let him stay in the up stairs of the loft quite often. I can't blame Derek for wanted to at least try and trust whats left of his family.

I followed the scent to an area just on the border to town. The place was quiet but the scent was the strongest here. "What the hell are you doing here Peter?" I asked to myself. I got out of my cruiser and noticed something on the ground about ten feet ahead of me. Walking closer I noticed it was white and sharp almost like a bone, exactly like a bone.

I should have known this was too easy.

Derek and Scott told me about their encounter with Kate's minions. 

Men who were the skin and bones of animals to channel their ferocity. 

Berserkers. 

"Good job leading me here" I said once I felt someone behind me. I turned around expecting it to be Kate but I was only half right. It was Peter with Kate by his side. "Now what?"

"Looks like your gonna have to wait and find out" Kate said with her usual level of bitch tone in her voice. 

"You know I knew you were up to something so I'm honestly not surprised." I said looking at Peter. "I am surprised though that you're working with the women you spend months trying to kill. My how times have changed." 

"We've settled our differences" Peter said

"Well you got me here" I said "Now what?" I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me effectively trapping me into the place I was standing. These berserkers are no joke. 

"You and I both know I'm actually quite fond of you Haley, but we are just doing what we were told." Peter said. 

"Yeah and who's giving you two orders?" I asked. 

"You'll see once we get to Mexico" Peter said as he swung his fist at me making everything go black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.2K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
163K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
263K 8.5K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
478K 17.2K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...