The Nerd and The Frog

By Blurein_

*COMPLETED* During his AP Biology class, Alan is presented with an unexpected request: a talking bullfrog is... More

Kiss Me Once...
Keeping a Secret
It's Complicated
Walking On a Dream
It's a Guy
Liar, Liar
You Look Good
Cologne
Good Genes
Close to Me
Stop and Stare
Deals and Compromises
Fully Exposed
Attention
Requirements
Trapped
Hormones (Part 1)
Hormones (Part 2)
Hormones (Final)
Unsteady
Friendly
Favors
Interesting
Crazy
Confessions
Broken Bones
Butterfly
Crush
We've Met Before
I Don't Know
Partners in Crime
Request
Boy in the Woods
Witch
Mark of Death
Kiss of Life
Homecoming
Bang!
Midnight
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter: Making a Mark
Bonus Chapter: Versus
Bonus Chapter: First Kiss
Bonus Chapter: No Touching
Bonus Chapter: Hidden Thoughts
Bonus Chapter: Moving On

Seal the Deal

18.7K 1K 240
By Blurein_

The shock of seeing himself in such a state was still evident on his face, his green eyes wide as he carefully analyzed himself in the mirror. How... can I look this good? He actually turned his body to the side slowly, to get views at different angles.

"You've never changed up your outfits or style before?" Daniel asked, watching Alan with an amused smile on his face.

"No... Jeans, graphic tee and hoodie is my style." Alan stated, turning around to face Daniel fully. "This... feels so strange to me."

"I can see that." Daniel replied with a laugh. "I'm guessing you like it, at least..."

"I..." Alan started to speak but paused to actually reflect on that question. He mulled it over in his head for a few more seconds, before speaking again. "Daniel."

"Yeah, Moogle?" Daniel asked, a curious look on his face.

"If I was gay... cause... I'm not..." Alan spoke, although he had to fight back the urge to not laugh his ass off at the statement. "Based on how I look now... would you date me?"

Not expecting to be asked such a question, Daniel took a moment to pause himself. He carefully eyed Alan, his lips pursed together slightly. "Hmm... that's a good question..."

Alan raised an eyebrow, not expecting a delay. "It's not an answer, though..."

"I know, Moogle..." Daniel smirked, only to see Alan do the same. "Why do you ask?"

"I was... curious. I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel right now, because I've never seen myself... like this. So, I figured I would ask you to gauge interest..." Alan stated with a slight shrug. In reality, he was more curious to see if Daniel found him remotely attractive. I want to know if you would even consider kissing me in this state, because you sure as hell don't seem like you would in my nerd style.

After a few moments of pause, Daniel nodded. "Yeah, I probably would." he admitted with a smile.

In a way, that made Alan feel incredibly attractive and wanted. But, at the same time, he felt a sense of sadness and disappointment. That explains a lot... But at least he finds me attractive now. At least I have that. A smile came to his face, his hands going into the pockets of the khakis. "Ok... then, I can honestly say I like the way I look now."

"Really? Based on the fact that I would date you if you were gay?" Daniel asked, puzzled.

"Having the approval of a gay guy is the highest of compliments." Alan joked, only to see Daniel laugh loudly. "Thanks... this makes me feel really... special."

"I'm glad! You really just needed someone to bring out that side of you. Also, you can keep the clothes." Daniel added, going over to the clothes on the rack to slowly remove them from hangers.

"Are you fucking insane? I can't keep these." Alan immediately rebutted, beginning to pull off the cardigan. Daniel reached over to gently grab his hand.

"I'm serious. These are clothes that I was going to donate anyway, because I've outgrown them. They're in great condition, it's just I had a growth spurt and can't fit them anymore. Keep them, Moogle."

"Daniel, seriously..." Alan protested, tugging at the cardigan slightly.

"I won't take no for an answer. I'm going to put these in a bag, and you can take them all home." Daniel stated, letting Alan's hand go before he continued to take all the clothes down and fold them neatly.

Alan watched him carefully, his face not helping but to turn red from embarrassment and joy. Damnit... he's so fucking nice... and he touched my fucking hand, OMG. The urge to return Daniel's kindness welled up within him and before he could even stop himself, he reached over and hugged Daniel gently from behind, burying his face in Daniel's back. "Thanks..." he muttered quickly, before letting go and heading directly into the bathroom. FUCK... he smells so damn good...

"I'm gonna change." he quickly shot out, before closing the bathroom door.

Daniel watched Alan scurry quickly into the bathroom, the door shutting right after. He chuckled to himself, a smile on his face. "Such a strange nerd..."

-

Considering that he had to get home before a certain time tonight, Alan sadly could not stay for dinner with the Lang family. Daniel offered him a ride home before dinnertime, seeing as they only lived 15 minutes apart from each other. However, this meant that he had to cancel his plans with Nicolette via text, to which she made him promise to make it up to her with food.

"You have to wear something tomorrow." Daniel spoke as he drove Alan home, only to see Alan stare back at him, wide eyed.

"Are you fucking crazy? I cannot do that." Alan protested, crossing his arms over his chest with stubbornness. "People will eat. me. alive."

"No, they won't." Daniel assured him with a smile. "People won't recognize you. All the more reason to do it."

"I can't take that... I don't want people... staring at me." Alan admitted, averting his gaze out the window.

"That's the first step to accepting how you look, Moogle. If you can survive that, you'll be fine." Daniel protested with a gentle smile.

"What do I get if I do it?" Alan asked, his eyes shifting to Daniel quickly.

"What do you want?" Daniel quickly replied, glancing over as he rounded a corner.

Shit... I wasn't expecting that. Alan thought, a grumble coming from him. Then, a grin came to his face. "I want dinner."

"Ok, that's easy." Daniel stated with a laugh.

"For a week. And you have to make it." Alan added, a smirk on his face.

Daniel laughed loudly, almost in an evil manner, which surprised Alan completely. Pulling up in front of Alan's home and parking the car, Daniel turned to fully face him, a smirk on his face. "My mom used to sign me up for little chef cooking classes when I was young. I can make you a 3-course meal from scratch."

"Fucking genius." Alan groaned loudly, only to hear Daniel laugh again.

"Just tell me what you want every day for a week, and I'll make it for you. BUT... you must wear a new outfit every day for an entire week." Daniel offered, extending his hand out for a shake, to seal the deal, so to speak.

Alan cut his eyes at him in an annoyed fashion. "Such a sly ass..." he stated, before extending his hand, but not shaking just yet. "You're going to help me, right? I'm not going to know what to do in this situation..."

"Of course, Moogle. If you need my help, I'll be there." Daniel reassured him, a smile on his face.

Knowing that Daniel wouldn't lie to him, Alan took his hand and shook it firmly. "Ok, I'll trust you then."

"Awesome! You're going to be amazing, don't worry. If you need help or tips, shoot me a text in the morning and I'll help you out." Daniel offered happily.

"Oh, that was the plan." Alan joked with a laugh. "Thanks, Daniel... I really appreciate it."

"Of course. It's the least I could do. I mean, you've helped me out tremendously already, so I definitely owe you. Which by the way... do you know what you want to me repay you with yet?" Daniel asked, curious.

"Not yet... I'm still thinking about it." Alan admitted with a shrug. "As soon as I do know, I'll let you know."

"Alright, sounds good. Well, I'll see you tomorrow? Don't fake being sick and flake." Daniel teased.

"Dammit... that was my other plan..." Alan joked with a snap of his fingers. He opened the car door and exited. "Thanks Daniel, I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night..." He closed the door behind him, waving at Daniel through the window before he watched him drive off. A smile played on his lips, before transitioning into a worried frown.

Tomorrow is gonna be a shitshow.

-

A/N

And here is the next chapter, as promised! Honestly, I'm thoroughly enjoying finishing up these chapters back-to-back. The next chapter is going to be a bit of a roller coaster of nonsense all at once. It's going to keep you guys entertained until next week. Remember: There will be NO UPDATE this weekend after tomorrow's chapter! It will come next week :)

Also, thanks for all the likes and comments on the last chapter! It's always great to read your comments after an upload. I really do appreciate the love :3

Look out for the next chapter tomorrow! Hope you're all having a good week!

-Blu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 15.9K 32
Wren Arroyo's wolf was broken. Born without a complete sense of smell, Wren knew he would never have that magical moment when true mates smell each o...
99.3K 6.3K 38
'The breeze pushed it's way through my hair as I teetered on the ledge of the balcony. Everyone was long asleep, but I couldn't sleep with what was g...
478K 14.9K 28
One was a nerdy chess player. The other was an outspoken jock. But they both had a secret. A secret they unknowingly shared. Until one day it came o...
175K 5.1K 75
Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a part time job where someone gives him a l...