Talk About the Direct Approac...

By TellTaleHeart

Picture this: One day, you're sitting on your porch when you spot a gorgeous guy stepping out of a car. ... More

Note From The Author
Chapter One: One thing that may change your life
Chapter Two: Kidnapped
Chapter Three: A mansion?
Chapter Four: Anything but typical
Chapter Five: Sure of it
Chapter Six: Stupid organs
Chapter Seven: Obviously
Chapter Eight: Thanks, Gandhi
Chapter Ten: Feeling the love
Chapter Eleven: Sticky notes
Chapter Twelve: How you seduce a kidnapper
Chapter Thirteen: Birthday fun- Part one
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday fun- Part two
Chapter Fifteen: Stupid ass llama!
Chapter Sixteen: Naked men and the Mafia
Chapter Seventeen: Not a She-wolf in the closet
Chapter Eighteen: I don't even know
Chapter Nineteen: Like penguins
Chapter Twenty: Way to go Rover
Chapter Twenty-One: Rants, confessions, and the perfect moment
Chapter Twenty-Two: Resisting
Chapter Twenty-Three: Kind of kinky
Chapter Twenty-Four: Meeting the Parents
Chapter Twenty-Five: Just my dignity
Chapter Twenty-Six: I'm watching you Bucko
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I would put Kobe to shame
Chapter Twenty-Eight: You only live once
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Shut up and kiss me
Chapter Thirty: School before baby-making
Chapter Thirty-One: A heart to heart in the Macy's dressing room
Chapter Thirty-Two: Kicked out
Chapter Thirty-Three: Poetic justice
Chapter Thirty-Four: The inevitable phone call
Chapter Thirty-Five: Forever marked- Part one
Chapter Thirty-Six: Forever marked- Part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Welcome to the club
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Seeing red
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Ignoring myself
Chapter Forty: Planning a homicide
Chapter Forty-One: By being annoying of course
Chapter Forty-Two: A brain-phone is the best phone
Chapter Forty-Three: As sly as a fox that's bad at being a fox
Chapter Forty-Four: I'm happy to die alone if I need to
Chapter Forty-Five: Your attempt at killing me is failing
Chapter Forty-Six: Poorly timed doughnut rants
Chapter Forty-Seven: Howls of Victory
Chapter Forty-Eight: Us Vs. Us Vs. Them Vs. Them
Chapter Forty-Nine: Back and Forth
Chapter Fifty: Near
Chapter Fifty-One: Human Values
Chapter Fifty-Two: The End?
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter Nine: A simple hello

542K 7.4K 622
By TellTaleHeart

*Macy's POV*

Hurt. That's the first thing I feel. It's stupid, I know, but I couldn't help but feel hurt that he said he didn't care. Yes, I was just questioning why he cared, but to hear him say he didn't was like a stab in the heart.

A few rebel tears escape and I curse myself. Stop crying! You don't care about him!

Sadly, I knew that was a lie no matter how much I wanted it to be true.

He somehow made his way under my skin and through the barriers. I didn't like it, and I didn't have any idea how it happened. All I knew was that I did care about that boy and it would never be explainable. I wanted to be able to write it off like it was nothing, to not care. But I did, and it hurt that those feelings weren't returned.

I don't want to believe that he would mean what he said, like I didn't mean it when I said kissing him was a mistake. It was just impulsive. Maybe it was the same with him. I may not have all the answers, but I could only go with the information I had. Someone who would worry over me like that definitely did care.

And now I feel like shit.

I'm being selfish. Tami was right; I'm not just hurting myself. I didn't stop to consider everyone else's feelings. I was doing all of this because I wasn't getting what I wanted. A simple pouting, hell, even the silent treatment would probably have worked, but no. I had to blow everything out of proportion and do this idiotic thing.

Then again, he could just stop being such a stubborn ass and let me call him.

All my thoughts are interrupted by a crashing sound downstairs. I assume Cayton broke something else like Tami mentioned. I decided to get up and see what the damage is.

Once I stepped on the ground, I almost collapsed under my own weight. My legs are extremely weak and I feel all lightheaded. I steady myself and clutch onto the bed as a crutch to walk. I take small, slow steps until I reach the end of the bed. I'm shaking and I feel like I'm going to pass out any moment, but I keep going.

I grab onto the door handle and open the door, using the frame to support me and keep me from falling to the ground. Is this what it's like to starve? I was definitely doing more charity work for the homeless now.

After I feel somewhat steady, I take slow, shaky steps down the stairs, my legs wobbling like I suddenly weighed a thousand pounds and they were straining to support me. Climbing down the stairs proved to be very difficult, as I was practically leaning on the rail to support my weight. But I make it like a champ.

I step into the living room to find Cayton tugging at his hair in frustration, standing by the glass side table that was smashed into pieces. Tami and Trenton were talking to him, trying to calm him down but it's as if what they're saying goes in one ear and out the other. He has a far off look in his eye, like he's thinking about something.

Hunter, the boy I ran into in the library, is on the ground picking up the shattered remains of the table. I step further into the living room and he is the first to notice me. He looks up and his eyes widen.

"Macy? Are you ok?"

By now, I feel all lightheaded and can feel myself starting to sway. Everyone else's eyes snap towards me.

"Oh god, she's going to pass out!" Tami cries. Hunter drops the glass he had in his hand and stands up just as I'm about to collapse. Cayton is at my side in a flash, and I fall into his arms before everything goes blank, my last thought being I am such an idiot.

*Cayton's POV*

I run to her side immediately and she collapses into my arms.

"What do we do?!" Tami asks frantically. I can already sense the panic in the room, and for once I'm the only one who remains calm instead of having a full blown rampage, that I didn't think would be helpful at this moment.

"As soon as she wakes up, we need to get some food into her. She's getting too weak from not eating," I say. I pick her up and cradle her gently, like she was a fragile piece of glass. "Make her something small. It won't be good for her to gorge herself." Tami nods and immediately dashes into the kitchen.

"I knew she was going to be a handful but damn. Never expected this," Trenton says. I just glare at him.

"Tell Tami to bring her food to her room."

I carry her up the stairs and into her room where I lay her down on the bed gently. All I could do was wait until she woke up, before I seriously forced her to eat. I wasn't going to let it go this time, if I had to force it down her throat, I would. This has gone way too far.

I sat in a chair by her bed, watching her every movement- or lack of. Tami came in shortly after, looking completely distressed. She had a simple sandwich in her hand, and she pulled a chair up next to me.

"She's so pale. This can't be good. If you would have just let her call her dad-"

"This isn't my fucking fault," I interrupt. Maybe it was, but I wouldn't admit it to anyone. "If she weren't so damn stubborn..."

"She's exactly like you. You were made for each other," she says.

"Watch it," I warn. I didn't feel like arguing over something as stupid as this. I didn't exactly know if she was saying it to insult me or not, but I didn't give it much thought. All I could think about was the girl lying on the bed.

This crazy, immature, beautiful girl who possessed my heart and my soul. I honestly doubted she knew what she meant to me, but then again I probably wasn't showing it too well.

I would kill to be able to read this girls mind. What goes on in there is a complete mystery to me. I mean, where did she come up with the idea of scooping my eyes out with a rusty spoon? And of everything she could have done to get her way, she does this? Her mind is a mystery to me. If she were a werewolf I would be able to read her mind. Then maybe I could make things work a little better.

Macy moves slightly, then her eyes slowly open. Both Tami and I lean over her, watching carefully. She opens her beautiful brown eyes and blinks a few times, before she gasps and starts clutching her stomach.

*Macy's POV*

I felt like I was dying. Maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but I have never been so close to possible death. I opened my eyes to see Cayton and Tami leaning over me, looking completely distressed. Then the pain in my stomach hits and I gasp, curling into a ball and holding my stomach.

"Shit Macy, are you ok?" Cayton asks, his hand hovering over me, like he wanted to touch me but he wasn't sure if he should. I shake my head and squeeze my eyes shut in a meek attempt to block out the pain. I regret ever doing this. Never again.

I guess that's what I get for watching educational television. I make a note to never do that again.

"Please just eat something," Cayton begs, sounding so vulnerable.

"Can I call my dad?" I manage to squeak out.

"You are so stubborn it isn't even funny," he mutters. "Fine, but not until you eat something." I smile in agreement and sit up as the pain slowly dims and starts roaring menacingly at the thought of food; with the help of Cayton I might add.

Tami immediately shoves a sandwich in my hands, and I stare at it in disbelief. This is it? Four days, and this is all I get? I didn't expect Baked Alaska or anything, but you know, pork chops or something would have been great.

"It isn't good to gorge yourself after not eating for so long," she explains, shaking her head disapprovingly. Makes sense I guess.

I can say I have never eaten something so fast in my life. I did not let one tiny piece go to waste either. She was right about not eating a lot, because that sandwich alone was enough to fulfill the hunger.

"God, it feels good to eat again," I sigh, laying my hand over my stomach. Well, I'im glad thats all over. Now I can call my da-

"Do you realize how stupid that was?" Cayton says, suddenly very angry.

Oh boy, lecture time again.

'We were so worried blah blah blah. You could have killed yourself yada yada yada. You shouldn't be so reckless and self destructive yap yap yap.' I successfully tune him out, nodding every now and then as if I was paying attention. But really, all I could think about is the fact that the patterns on the ceiling formed pictures if you looked at them long enough.

"You done now?" I ask once I notice he stopped his rant. He runs a hand down his face and sighs. He looks frustrated and tired, and I briefly wonder again how much he has truly been worrying these past few days.

"Yes Macy, I'm done. So are you going to call your dad or what?"

"Er, give me a minute. I need to talk to Tami." He nods. I remain silent, waiting for him to leave. He just stays in his chair, and when I don't say anything he raises an eyebrow. "Alone." I clarify.

"Oh, right." He finally leaves us alone and I immediately give Tami an apologetic smile.

"So, I'm not really good at apologies and stuff, but I'm going to try. I'm really sorry that I was being so selfish. I didn't realize that I actually hurting other people, especially you. If you want to ignore me or not talk to me for a while I understand. And if for some reason you want to take out any anger you might have by punching me, then you can go ahead and hit Cayton."

She gives me a puzzled look, "Why would I hit Cayton if I was mad at you?"

"I don't like being hit. He can take it, he's a big boy." She rolls her eyes and the next thing I know, she's tackling me into a hug.

"There's no need for an apology. Yes, you're an idiot for doing that and you were being selfish, but I'm not angry. I'm just glad you finally came to your senses," she says.

"Thanks," I wheeze. The girls got strength, I'll give her that. Must be from all that shopping she likes to do.

"But if you ever do something so reckless again, I'm going to tie you up and stuff you in a closet."

"Well alright then." I was most certainly never doing that again. "And again, I'm sorry."

I think I'll apologize to the others... eventually.

"Don't be," she brushes it off.

"Welp, better call my dad before Cayton changes his mind," I mutter, preparing to get off the bed. Like before, as soon as my feet hit the floor I almost collapse. Well that isn't going to be helpful... "Cayton!" I yell. To my surprise he walks right in before I even finish yelling his name.

"Yes?"

"Where you eavesdropping?" I accuse.

"Nope."

"Liar."

"I... may have overheard a few words."

"That's eavesdropping." He sighs.

"Are you going to call your dad or what?"

"Carry me there," I say, holding out my arms like a toddler who wants to be picked up. He rolls his eyes and scoops me up bridal style, cradling me close to his chest. I don't say I out loud, but it's actually quite a comfortable place. I get a sense of security for some... odd reason. Ironic that I feel safe around my kidnapper.

He walks us to the office and sits me down in the big leather chair behind his desk. While it took me plenty of shuffling through papers to find the phone unsuccessfully, all he had to do was move over one messy stack to reveal the telephone.

You have got to be kidding me.

I pick it up and eagerly dial my dad's number; my heart beat speeding up with each ring. One of two things is going to happen with this phone call: I'm either going to finally get out of this place, or find out they have him hostage. I was hoping that the former of the two would be the end result.

On the fourth ring, I hear my dad's oddly calm voice on the other end, with a simple "Hello?"

"Dad?" I ask to make sure I didn't dial the wrong number. How much would that suck if I blew my one phone call on the wrong number? "It's me, Macy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 11.7K 23
"Hey what's your problem guy?" I said looking at the most sexiest guy I have ever seen in my life. He was really tall with sexy green eyes that felt...
44.9K 1.5K 25
Victoria and her pet wolf gets kidnapped by werewolves and turns out that one of them is her mate. Victoria and her sister have powers but they dont...
1.7K 110 33
COMPLETED!! Hope you enjoy! ------------ He just stared at me with a devilish look on his face. Before you know it, he grabbed my arm and started to...
1K 66 13
He stole my heart, he grabbed my mind, he strangled my dreams, but spared my life, I was lost, I was alone. All I wanted was to go home, but he didn'...