Photographs (Luke Hemmings)

By Procrashtonates

When her world gets shaken up, Bailey, her family, and her new amazing group of friends have to adapt their l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SEQUEL
No update- just words!
Long Time No Talk!

Chapter 16

10.8K 258 185
By Procrashtonates

After listening to my dad lecture me about having a boyfriend and telling me to be careful, I called Casey and added Ally to the call. We spent an hour and a half on the phone talking about what's been happening with Luke. I liked being able to talk to them about what was going on between Luke and I. I had so much excitement built up that I felt like I might burst. It was nice to be able to get it out of my system, it was a plus that they were excellent listeners.

-

The next morning I woke up and saw I had a text from Luke.

*Goodmorning :-)*

I looked over at the clock, not believing it was already past 11:30. I sat up stretching before I responded to Luke's message.

*Hi, goodmorning :)*

I sat in silence, thinking about what Luke and I could do today. I didn't want to just sit around at my house and have Luke be bored. I groaned in frustration because I was coming up with nothing. The frustration didn't last long, because soon enough Luke texted me putting a smile on my face.

*I have to do some errands for my mom, but how about I pick you up at 4 and we can grab something to eat and hang out at my house?*

*Sounds good :)*

I tossed my phone to the side, and laid back down. I had only been awake for ten minutes, but I was getting an awful headache. I got up making my way to the kitchen, figuring it was from hunger. I looked through each cupboard, and the refrigerator twice, before deciding to put some chicken nuggets in the oven. I laughed as I spread them out on the baking sheet. My dad would buy me dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, but I wasn't complaining they were cute and probably tasted delicious.

I took my plate into the living room, putting netflix on the tv. I felt like watching something funny, so I turned on How I Met Your Mother.

I don't know how many episodes of HIMYM I went through, but when I looked back up at the clock it was almost 3pm. I trudged into the kitchen, cleaning the baking sheet I used for my chicken nuggets before walking into the bathroom and starting my shower. I always had to let the shower run for a few minutes to make sure it got as warm as possible before I got in.

I tossed my clothes to the floor before stepping in.

-

I was pulling on my left shoe as I heard my phone ringing.

"Hey," I said clicking the speaker button on my phone, then placing it on my dresser pulling on my other shoe.

"Hey Bailey, I'm gonna be a little late as usual," Luke sighed through the phone.

"I counted on that," I said laughing, "It's alright though," I said reassuring Luke. I really didn't mind. I hated being late, but only to things important to be on time to; like doctors appointments. Luke warned me previously he was usually late anyways, so I kept that in mind as I was getting ready.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes okay?" Luke asked sincerely. I glanced at the clock, 4:12.

"Alright see you then," I said as I hung up. I walked downstairs writing my dad a note saying I was with Luke.

"Hemmings," I said getting into the car.

"Parker," he said mocking my tone making a smile pull at my lips, "I know we just had pizza, but would it be cool to order some and just hang out?" Luke asked meeting my eyes for a second before looking back at the road.

"That's fine. I could eat pizza anytime," I said truthfully. I don't recall ever getting tired of pizza.

Once we got to his house, he pushed open the front door and lead me to his living room.

"Pepperoni?" Luke asked as he pulled open his laptop to order.

"Yep," I said looking around at his living room. I saw a piano in the corner and his mom had plenty of pictures on the walls and on the tables. I had never really taken a moment to look at them all. I scanned over some family pictures, then a few of his school pictures. I was amazed at how fast he grew up. I moved my eyes from his freshman year photo to his junior year photo, he honestly looked like a man compared to just a few years ago, and he was only 17.

"Did you play baseball?" I asked looking at a picture of Luke throwing a small ball towards his brother on his back deck when he was younger.

"Cricket, it's more popular in Australia," he said. I nodded, not knowing anything about cricket.

I smiled at all the pictures and then turned back and walked towards Luke.

"Orders in," Luke said looking up at me.

"Okay," I said softly. I looked around his empty house taking notice of the quiet, "Is your family not here?"

"Oh no they went fishing," he said watching me scan his house. I had been here so many times before, but I never took interest in how the house was decorated, or what pictures hung on the walls.

"I'm sorry if you're bored," Luke muttered quietly looking down at his hands.

"I'm not," I said trying to reassure him. It was the truth; I wasn't bored, just naturally quiet. I met his eyes with a soft smile which he returned.

Luke turned his attention to his laptop. I came up and stood behind him, putting one of my hands on his shoulders. I peered over his broad shoulders looking at his laptop screen.

"Youtube?" I asked

"I want to show you something," Luke said clicking on the search bar, then typing.

"This was a year ago I think, when I performed at this outdoor festival," he said clicking on a video. Luke was sitting outside, singing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5.

"You look like a baby," I said noticing how small he was.

"Shut up," he said bumping my shoulder with his. The doorbell rang, making Luke get out of his chair and walk towards the door. I sat down in his place watching the rest of the video.

Luke walked passed me with the pizza, and into the kitchen. Once the video ended, I shut his laptop and got up to follow him. He had set two paper plates out on the kitchen counter, opening the box of pizza.

"Two?" he asked beginning to rip the pizza slices apart.

"Two," I said confirming. He put two pieces down on the plate and slid it over to me.

"Do you want a coke or water?" he said walking over to his refrigerator.

"Coke please," I said. He grabbed two cans out of the fridge before leading me back out into the living room. He put his plate and our drinks down on the table in front of their couch before walking over and grabbing his laptop. He put the laptop in front of us, typing in his password. He opened a new tab pulling open Netflix.

"I was just watching this earlier," I said swallowing a bite of my pizza as he clicked on How I Met Your Mother. He lifted up his hand, holding out his fist. I touched mine to his letting out a chuckle.

"I'm rewatching this series for the second time," Luke said leaning back into the couch.

"I'm barely on season three," I said shocked at how Luke had already watched all ten seasons.

We ate our pizza in silence, captivated by the show on Luke's laptop. Once the episode finished, Luke closed his laptop, standing.

"Do you want another piece? There's half a box left," Luke said walking into the kitchen.

"No I'm alright thanks," I said following him again. I walked over to the trash can, throwing in my plate and finishing off what was left in my can of soda before throwing that in too.

Luke picked up a piece of pizza, and took a bite before nodding me to follow with his head. We went out onto the back deck as we had a couple times before. Luke walked down the steps on the side of his deck, and I followed him. By the time we got to the bottom he was already done with his slice of pizza which made me silently laugh; it was almost as if he just swallowed it whole. Yet again, I was a slow eater so who am I to judge.

As we walked in his yard, I looked around. The sun was already starting to set but it felt as if I was only here for twenty minutes.

There were two chairs in front of a fire pit. Luke motioned for me to sit down as he started a fire. He then leaned and grabbed a bag under the chair. I watched him as he pulled out a box of: graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate and wooden sticks,

"Like s'mores?" he asked looking at me.

"Love them," I said.

"I was hoping you were going to say no so I could eat them by myself," he said giving me a smirk.

I leaned over giving him a small push, "Jerk," I said biting my lip to hold back a laugh. He looked at me, giving a small pout.

"I was just kidding," I exclaimed. His cute pouty face could get him away with anything. Whenever he did it I just wanted to lean over and kiss his lips.

He passed me a stick with a marshmallow on it. I smiled as a thank you, before putting it over the fire. I didn't like my marshmallows burnt, just another aspect of my picky eating habits, so I made sure to turn it frequently, not letting one part get too much darker than the rest.

I looked over and Luke had caught his on fire. I laughed as he tried to blow it out before it became too burnt to eat.

I loved s'mores but I had almost forgotten how messy they were. My fingers had melted marshmallow on them. I looked over at Luke who was trying to pull his fingers apart from the stickiness too. He met my gaze and we both let out a small laugh. This plan wasn't thought through very well.

"I'm gonna go wash my hands," I said walking towards the house. I walked up the steps of his deck and let my self through the back door and walked into the kitchen. I washed my hands making sure all the marshmallow was off before grabbing a paper towel and drying them off. I walked back out joining Luke.

"I'll be right back, make sure you don't light my whole backyard on fire," Luke said smiling and then turning away from me.

I stared at the fire, then zoning out. My mind wandered free for a couple of minutes before I heard Luke's back door shut bringing me out of my daze. I looked back at him. I scanned him over from head to toe. He had on his black skinny jeans, a black shirt that had a small LA imprinted on the left and a gray beanie all to go with his black converse. He walked towards me with his head down, looking at the ground with a couple of speakers and a blanket in hand. He strolled next to me, putting the blanket on the ground next to my chair and placing the speakers next to it. He sat down, plugging in his phone and clicking the power button on the speakers. He turned up the volume as we listened to an advertisement for spotify.

He patted the blanket and looked up at me, signaling for me to come sit with him. I stood up and sat down, crossing my legs and using my hands to hold my weight. The music started playing and Luke and I both just gazed at the fire. There was a light breeze, but nothing strong enough to put out the flames a few feet in front of us. Luke scooted closer to me, wrapping his arm around me. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Turn it up please I love this song," I said softly nudging Luke. You and Me by Lifehouse was playing, he reached over, turning the volume up before looking back at me.

"Good?" he asked making sure it was loud enough.

"Good," I said as I scooted closer to him. I leaned into him, staring at the fire and listening to Luke quietly sing along.

-

A/N

Hey guys!

I started my senior year a few days ago, so sorry for this update going up a little later than normal.

5sos on the iTunes festival FHKSJFKWELJF I have PCD and I wasn't even there! They did so amazing, I'm so proud :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 385 55
[[Sequel to Imagination]] Nothing lasts forever, nothing stays the same. ((Completed))
1.7M 50.3K 58
❝daddy just cannot wait until his baby girl turns eighteen.❞ All Rights Reserved © 2015|michaelsnuggets
20.7K 1.1K 31
he fell in love with the galaxies in his eyes . + all rights reserved @ cutetypes
1.3K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...