Silver

By rowena_wiseman

Sylvie, 16, sees colours, where other people only hear words or feel emotions. She knows she has to keep this... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - now
Chapter 3 - now
Chapter 4 - then
Chapter 5 - then
Chapter 6 - then
Chapter 7 - then
Chapter 8 - then
Chapter 9 - then
Chapter 10 - now
Chapter 11 - then
Chapter 12 - then
Chapter 13 - then
Chapter 14 - then
Chapter 15 - then
Chapter 16 - then
Chapter 17 - now
Chapter 18 - then
Chapter 19 - then
Chapter 20 - then
Chapter 21 - then
Chapter 22 - now
Chapter 23 - then
Chapter 24 - then
Chapter 25 - then
Chapter 26 - then
Chapter 27 - then
Chapter 28 - then
Chapter 29 - now
Chapter 30 - then
Chapter 31 - then
Chapter 32 - then
Chapter 33 - then
Chapter 34 - then
Chapter 35 - then
Chapter 36 - then
Chapter 37 - then
Chapter 38 - then
Chapter 39 - then
Chapter 40 - then
Chapter 41 - then
Chapter 42 - now
Chapter 43 - then
Chapter 44 - then
Chapter 45 - then
Chapter 46 - then
Chapter 47 - then
Chapter 48 - then
Chapter 49 - now
Chapter 50 - then
Chapter 51 - then
Chapter 52 - then
Chapter 53 - then
Chapter 54 - now
Chapter 55 - then
Chapter 56 - then
Chapter 58 - then
Chapter 59 - then
Chapter 60 - then
Chapter 61 - then
Chapter 62 - now
Chapter 63 - then
Chapter 64 - then
Chapter 65 - then
Chapter 66 - then
Chapter 67 - now
Chapter 68 - then
Chapter 69 - then
Chapter 70 - then
Chapter 71 - then
Chapter 72 - then
Chapter 73 - then
Chapter 74 - then
Chapter 75 - then
Chapter 76 - then
Chapter 77 - then
Chapter 78 - now
Chapter 79 - now
Chapter 80 - now
Chapter 81 - now
Chapter 82 - now
Author's note

Chapter 57 - then

8.1K 287 67
By rowena_wiseman

My migraine started after Family Matters class and cranked into fourth gear by Maths. At lunchtime I went to the office and got a pass to go home. All I wanted to do was go home, close the curtains, get into bed and pull the covers up to my chin and invite beautiful darkness into my head.

At home, when I opened the front door, I was surprised to hear Alistair's gaming music coming from his room. I'd seen him in his work clothes earlier that morning, so I didn't know what he was doing home. Unless he got sick too? But then what's he doing playing a game? He should be in bed.

I opened his door, quietly, in case he was asleep, and poked my head into his room. He was sitting on the floor naked, except he was wearing a white cloth. It looked like a child's diaper.

'Get out!' he shrieked, his face bursting out red all over. 'Get out! Get out!'

My hand was shaking as I closed the door. What the hell had I just seen? What was my husband doing wearing a diaper? I forgot all about my migraine and paced up and down the hallway, unsure of what to do. There was a weird feeling in my stomach, like I wanted to throw up. Who the hell is this strange guy who is my husband? H-U-S-B-A-N-D. The word was cream with black stripes. I was slapped with the knowledge that I was married to a total F-R-E-A-K.

I barged back into his room. He'd somehow managed to pull a pair of jeans on.

'What the hell are you?' I screamed.

'What?'

'Where is it?' I felt myself out of control.

'What?'

'The diaper!'

I rushed over to him and tugged at the waist of his jeans, but I couldn't see any white underneath. I felt insane with anger and confusion. I never went into this room of his, but suddenly I looked around and wanted to know what was hidden in here. I started opening and closing a chest of drawers. It was filled with electrical cables, electronic devices, battery charges and double adapters.

I opened the cupboard doors and found a box on a shelf. I pulled it down and slammed it on the floor. In the box I found a bundle of cloth diapers and oversized pins. There were also disposable diapers. I started throwing them around the room. I was so angry, but I still couldn't comprehend what I'd discovered.

Alistair had his head face down in the couch and was sobbing. His back was convulsing, his shoulders contracting with the weight of his shame.

'Look at me,' I said, standing over him, despising his pathetic state.

He raised his puffy red face to me.

'Tell me what this is,' I demanded.

'I've got a thing for diapers.'

'What?'

'I don't know ... it's this thing I have ... since I was nine maybe. I like wearing diapers.'

'But you're not a baby.'

'I know.'

'Is it ... is it ... a sexual thing?'

'Maybe.'

'So you get off on it?'

'Sort of.' I felt sick to my very core.

'Are you into children?' I asked, suddenly very scared.

'No. Absolutely not. Please believe me.' He started to sob again. His tears were so enormous his whole body jerked. 'It's not like that at all. It's just this thing I have and I don't know why.'

'Do you use the diaper?'

'Huh?'

'Do you do your business in the diaper?' He cried so loudly and seemed so ashamed that I didn't even need him to answer because I already knew that the answer was yes.

'If you come near me, I will have you committed,' I shouted. 'Do you understand?'

He nodded miserably.

'Move all your things into this room. I never want to see you. If you hear me in the kitchen don't come out.' I paused at the door, needing to say one final thing. 'You need help.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
117K 4.7K 51
Cecilia was never meant to be...but she came. Her parents can't stand her; mentally and physically abusing her. Her father a drunk, can't ever hold a...
199K 5.6K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
282 27 30
COMPLETED- Angela has suffered from mental depression and disorientation ever since her mum died, she is constantly abandoned and nobody is ever ther...