The Fault in Our Shooting Sta...

By BekkaChaos

Gallavich AU - The Fault in Our Stars Ian Gallagher is your average sarcastic teenager, well, plus a set of l... More

Chapter 1: Support Group
Chapter 2: The Start of Our Journey
Chapter 3: Sticking to the Classics
Chapter 4: The Waiting Game
Chapter 5: Living and it's Purpose
Chapter 6: Inevitabilities
Chapter 8: Decoding Delinquents
Chapter 9: Father Frank, Full of Grace

Chapter 7: Unexpected Afternoons

2.9K 115 83
By BekkaChaos

A/N: This chapter may contain a lil' smut, just so y'all know.

~ ~ ~

Gallavich AU: The Fault in Our Shooting Stars

Chapter Seven: Unexpected Events

We sat around talking some more, arguing I think you would call it, bickering maybe. It was starting to get late and I know that Fiona worries when I’m out, but I told her where I was going or at least who I was going with.

Mickey kept taking out his rolled cigarette and holding it between his lips, pretending to smoke it but never once going for a lighter. By the time the sun was setting he was laid back on the floor, cigarette in mouth and going on about some video game that I’ve never heard of.

I just watched him as he talked, his shirt pulling up at his waist and his shorts already hanging low on his hips. He seemed pretty fit for a guy that’s limited in the physical exercise sense, and the way his muscles flexed had me mesmerised.

I might have cancer but shit, I’m still a fucking teenager.

Took me a moment to realise that he was still talking.

“… but I mean it’s pretty new. Nothin’ like fuckin’ GTA where you can run over whores if they won't suck you off but it’s got some interesting shit,” he said with a chuckle.

“Is that what GTA is like? I’ve never played,” I said.

He laughed, “Played with my cousin, all he did was go around fuckin’ the prostitutes and then killing them to get his money back. He’s in prison now though,” I couldn’t help but laugh at that sentence.

I don’t know what came over me after that, I just… I had to try something, just to see if my instincts have been wrong about him, and maybe he’ll just tell me to fuck off like normal, but I had to try.

“So aside from the virtual world…” I began, fiddling with my hands in my lap as I looked down at him. “You ever uh…”

He opened his eyes and looked up at me, propping himself up on his elbows. “I ever what?”

“You ever fuck anyone?” I asked and god do I wish I could just take it back because this feels awkward as shit.

He raised an eyebrow before scoffing a little, “Nah, no one digs a guy with one leg man. It’s like I’m right in the middle of the ‘not getting’ any’ circle.”

“Well how about a uh, I mean what about―”

“You askin’ if I’ve ever got a hummer?” he said and I just shrugged. “I got one leg and fucking cancer man, ain’t no one wants to suck on a cancer pop.”

I laughed because that is the strangest way I’ve ever heard anyone describe it. “Fair enough,” I said, going back to fiddling with my hands.

I could feel his eyes on me but I couldn’t look up. After a few moments he asked a tentative question. “How ‘bout you?”

I shrugged before shaking my head, “No, I never got one.” I said and he turned away, looking out and away from the bright setting sun. “Given a few though,” I added and his head snapped over to me.

I saw him look me up and down a moment before he spoke.

“Given huh? You mean like to a girl…?” he asked slowly.

“You know what I mean,” I said, looking up and our eyes locked and then I could feel something different to before.

There was some kind of heat there, hanging in the air between us. His tongue slowly grazed his bottom lip and I know he saw my eyes drop as I watched him do it. He was just looking at me still, this unreadable expression on his face.

He knew, he knew exactly what I had meant and his eyes were running down my body and back up again until he met my gaze and what the hell, I’m trying something here.

I reached out slowly, like I was about to pet a wild animal and not run my hand over Mickey’s thigh. I made contact and felt him flinch but he didn’t stop me as I put my hand flat against his leg, swallowing hard at the needy look on his face.

And then it turned to shit.

My phone started ringing loudly, making both of us jump back and I grunted a little in frustration as I fished around in my pocket for the damn thing.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as I pressed the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

“Yeah?” I said.

“You are going to be home for dinner aren’t you? I’m leaving soon and Jimmy’s making food I just wanted to make sure,” Fiona’s voice came ringing through and I just sighed.

“Yeah Fiona, I’ll be home, I did tell you that,” I said.

“I know you did Ian but it’s getting later, I’m just making sure you’re coming home.”

“Of course I am Fiona, what else would I be doing?” I asked and the phone went silent on her end. “Okay, okay, look do I need to send you texts every few hours to let you know what I’m going to be doing? Will that help?” I said in an exasperated tone.

“I’d appreciate it, yeah,” she said.

“Okay, I will, and I promise I’ll be home soon, alright? And tell Jimmy that I’ll text you when I get there so he doesn’t have to.”

“Thanks Ian, love you,” she said.

“You too,” I said as I hung up and sighed.

“Your sister?” Mickey asked, looking away from me and fiddling with the joint behind his ear.

“Yeah, she’s a little paranoid.”

“About?” he asked.

I shrugged a little, biting my tongue. “Just about me running out of oxygen or you know, getting too tired, or fainting or something like that.”

“Mandy does that, I mean she waits until it’s past ten to call but whatever,” he said, his body turning away and I just sighed.

He rolled onto his front and pushed himself up until he was standing, I just sat there looking at him.

“Come on, I’ll drive you home,” he said, grabbing his backpack without looking at me.

“She can wait, it’s fine. I told her I’d text when I got home,”

“Gotta get back anyway,” he said, giving no reason, though I’m afraid that I already know what it is.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Get your ass up Gallagher, I ain’t gonna wait all day,” he said, rubbing his thumb across his bottom lip before starting to walk towards the stairs.

I watched him walk away and sighed, getting myself up and dragging my oxygen along behind me as I followed.

The car ride was mostly silent, except for the trashy music playing through the speakers. I sat there staring straight out the windscreen, sometimes I turned to look at him but he was as stony faced as ever and I swear he was trying to do anything but look over at me.

What the fuck were you thinking??

We pulled up out front of my house and I looked over at him. He was biting his lip and staring down at the steering wheel. I just sat there for a moment, like an idiot. He didn’t ask me to leave, he didn’t actually say anything.

So, like the idiot I am, I nodded a little and opened the door to get out. I grabbed the oxygen tank and stepped out onto the pavement. I opened my mouth to say something – anything – and he just adjusted the gears.

“See ya,” he said as he put his foot down on the gas and sped off up the road.

“Bye,” I said after him and sighed, heading up the porch and inside.

As I walked into the kitchen Carl and Debbie were yelling at one another about Carl eating her fucking potatoes or something. Lip was eating his dinner and trying not to laugh, and Jimmy is trying to get Liam to eat. I think Jimmy has some kind of meat in his hair.

“Welcome home,” Lip said with one of his trademark grins.

“What the hell happened?” I asked.

He ate the best bit of my dinner off my plate and he won't even apologise for it!” Debbie yelled, giving Carl a death glare.

He just laughed, his mouth full and he may have even been drooling.

“Well Debs, they say don’t get mad, get even,” I said, heading off up the stairs.

“Hey! Ian, wait! Text Fiona!” Jimmy called and I just rolled my eyes because all I feel like doing right now is getting into bed.

Sometimes everything around me distracts me from the fact that I’m actually so exhausted all the time. Usually I’m thankful for that.

It was a few minutes after I got into bed that I sent Fiona a message saying I was home. She sent one back with a smiley face and I just put the phone down on the table and rolled onto my back with a sigh.

I heard a knock at the door and Lip poked his head through, “Hey, you okay?” he asked and I just let out a groan.

“Really wish people would stop asking me that,” I said, sitting up a little.

He smiled, “I’ll remember that next time.”

“No you won't,” I scoffed and he shook his head as he sat down on the end of the bed.

“You’re probably right, so how about you answer the question?”

“Lip, I’m good, just had to walk a whole bunch of stairs today and I’m tired. Also I don’t want to be falling asleep down there so that Jimmy can tell Fiona that I don’t look so good. Last thing I need is her taking time out from working so she can watch me. I already drain the squirrel fund as it is,” I said with a sigh.

“Hey, no one cares about that. You do know that right? Pretty sure paying for your meds is more important than anything else we could spend it on,” Lip said.

“Yeah well, so long as Frank stops dropping babies on the doorstep I think we’ll manage,” I said with a roll of my eyes because it was only half sarcasm.

Lip chuckled a little. “Yeah, guess so.”

“Can you do me a favour?” I asked and Lip just looked up at me. “Can you tell Mandy at school tomorrow that I can held her with her English paper? Her phone’s kind of broken.”

“Milkovich? That Mandy?”

“Yes, that Mandy, you know which Mandy,” I said.

“How’d she break her phone?”

“Pretty sure she threw it at her ex-boyfriend’s head,” I said.

He nodded, “Right, sure. Why don’t you get her brother to tell her? Weren’t you just with him?”

I shrugged. “We don’t really talk about her.”

“Oh, well what is it that you do talk about?” he asked with his smug face.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t you have something better to do that to bother me?”

He just grinned and tapped my foot twice before he got up to leave. It didn’t take long to fall asleep after that, I just wish that I could focus on something other than my royal fuck up with Mickey.

The next day was like any other to start with. I watched some TV, ate about three bowls of cereal and had Fiona faff all over me in between her two jobs. It was just me alone, Jimmy had taken Liam out to some pre-school thing and the house was quiet.

It was actually sort of bizarre.

It was just after lunch when I had got up for my fourth bowl of cereal when I heard a knock on the door. It was strange, usually it was either someone we knew, in which case they just barged right in, or someone we didn’t, in which case Carl or Fiona went straight for the bat, but a knock?

I walked towards the door and opened it, surprised to see Mickey standing on the porch steps.

“Mickey?” I asked and he just bit his lip a little before shoving past me and walking inside.

I just shrugged and shut the door, following him into the kitchen.

He seemed agitated and I’m afraid to ask why, I’m afraid to ask him anything. I just walked over to lean on the bench and watched as he paced about a little.

“Mickey?” I asked again and he turned to face me.

He walked over, breathing heavily as he did and for a second I thought he was going to punch me. His eyes scanned mine, dropping to take in my face, my chest, and then looking back up at me with an eager gaze.

His hands reached out to brace against the counter on either side of me and – holy shit is this actually happening?

I swallowed hard and my breathing got shallow as he pressed his hips against mine and let me feel the heat inside them.

Holy fucking shit.

I must have just stood there for a few seconds in shock because he gave me this look like ‘come the fuck on Gallagher’ and my shaking hands lifted to rest on his hips as I pulled him in closer – if that was even possible.

He let out a small groan and licked his bottom lip. I leant in for a moment, trying to catch his lips between mine but his forearm was pressed firmly across my chest in an instant and his hips had stilled.

He looked at me menacingly and just breathed in a few times before he said anything.

“Kiss me and I’ll cut your fucking tongue out,” he said and I just nodded.

His arm slipped down, his fist balling up my shirt as he gave another roll of his hips and I gasped a little as I pushed back.  His other hand reached up to hold my neck and I closed my eyes. He felt so good pressed up against me and I was just praying that my shitty lungs didn’t screw up this moment for me.

I shoved him backwards, turning him so I could be the one pinning him to the bench, adjusting my cannula and hooking my finger into the band of his jeans. I pulled him closer as I thrust against him and it felt like seconds before his hand was slipping into my sweats and stroking around my length.

It took me by surprise and my movements hitched before I held back, letting him jerk me off. He was watching my reaction, I could see that, and holy fucking shit this is like a fucking dream.

He grabbed one of my hands and pressed it against his crotch and I pulled back, looking down before fumbling with his buckle. He rested his hands against the bench to give me better access and to be honest, I was pretty slow and I fumbled a lot but I got down on my knees as I pulled down the zip.

I inched his jeans down over his thighs but before I could get any further he grabbed my wrist roughly.

“Far enough,” he panted, “just go.”

I lifted the hem of his shirt a little before doing just that.

Come on lungs, keep your shit together for like ten minutes.

His head fell back and his knuckles went white as they gripped the counter. His mouth dropped open and the sound that came out just made me want to keep going. So I did, and I was probably focussing too much on making sure I wasn’t going to pass out but then I would hear him groan low in his throat and it brought me back.

I had to stop for a moment to catch my breath and one of his hands reached out to touch my hair and I thought he was going to pull me back in.

“You good?” he asked.

I just nodded, getting to my feet and wrapping my hand around him. He did the same and we were only stood there a minute, if that, before I felt him getting close. His hand became erratic in its movements as he came into my fist and I wasn’t long to follow.

I had to steady myself, my head was starting to feel dizzy but I felt his hand on my hip keeping me still as we both tried to recover.

He grinned and laughed a little. “Damn, fuck you Gallagher,” he said and took the paper towel that I offered him.

“Fuck me?” I asked with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

He nodded, his smile a little softer this time. “Fuck you,” he said.

“Fuck you too,” I said.

Our eyes locked for a moment and I almost thought about leaning in and trying to kiss him again. Only it was then, when we were still partially undressed that the back door swung open and Jimmy came in holding Liam at arm’s length and yelling as he ran to the downstairs bathroom.

“No Liam! Wait just five more seconds!” he yelled before they both disappeared behind the door.

Mickey and I just stared at the door for a second and then at each other before quickly pulling back on and straightening out any scruffy clothing.

Mickey looked totally freaked but when Jimmy came out with a big sigh he just gave us a look of confusion.

“What? We’re in the middle of a potty-training cycle. We really can’t risk breaking it,” he said, nodding seriously and I saw Mickey raise an eyebrow.

“Your shirt’s covered in toddler piss,” he said.

“Oh I know,” Jimmy said. “It’s better than the alternative.”

Mickey thought about it for a second and then shrugged. “Gotta get going,” he said.

“Really? I mean you don’t want to stay and watch a movie or something?” I asked hopefully.

“Nah, gotta take my brothers on a beer run anyway,” he said.

“Okay,” I nodded.

“I’ll text you or somethin’ next time I’m comin’,” he said with a smirk and I shook my head a little as he shrugged again. “You know, instead of just showing up.”

“Yeah Mick I know,” I said and he headed off, back out the way he came and shut the door behind him.

I was still watching the spot where he had just been when Jimmy started talking to me.

“You okay Ian?” he asked and I grunted a little as I turned to him and nodded.

Well, that definitely proves that this wasn’t a dream, just that it was the best unexpected afternoon I’ve ever had.

~ ~ ~

A/N: Please comment and let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 833 17
Hannah Milkovich lives a life of trouble, fun, and pain with her older brother Mickey and her childhood best friend Ian Gallagher. Being a Milkovich...
9.9K 202 10
SHAMELESS ▁𝘮𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘮. ↳ Effy G. SEX, DRUGS, ETC. In which, Effy Gallagher, the stubborn mess of a teenage girl, falls for Mickey Milkovich, T...
4.3K 98 28
Mickey and Ian have somehow surprised themselves and hit the ground running when it comes to parenting their daughter. Mikayla Gallagher burst onto t...
406 10 16
After 15 years in this shithole Mickey is a free man. But everybody outside live his own life. He has to deal with his demons first and learn how to...