Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

17. Party

20K 1.5K 1.3K
By garicksons

what's the biggest lie you've told?

ps, there's hella POV switches I'm sorry if it confuses you ladies 🤕

Farrah»

The school day was coming to an end, with Keith following to Braheim's car I've been driving, insisting me to hang out with him after school.

"Come on baby, we had a nice time today."

"Yeah it was cool, but I gotta work the restaurant. And don't call me baby."

"You need to let me take you out..."

"We'll see. Bye Keith."

"Aight lil mama."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile. Damn that was a good summer.

"Farrah!" I heard a familiar, loud voice.

"Hey...Skylar." I said, resting on the hood of the car.

"Hey boo. You and Keith rekindling huh?" She asked as she was walking up to me.

"No way. We're just friends."

"Ohhh. Kind of like you and Adonissss..."

"Stop.." I said, trying not to blush.

"So you do like him!"

"Shhhhh why you so loud for?"

"I can't believe it..you actually like..him. What is there to like?"

"Plenty of things..his smile, his sense of humor, how polite he is.."

"I take it that you really care for him." I heard a voice behind me.

Eden.

"Oh I..-what are you creeping around the parking lot listening to our conversation for?"

"I was walking up to talk to Skylar, then I heard my brother's name. I knew y'all fancied each other but damn."

My palms became sweaty, I wasn't embarrassed about my crush on Adonis, but Eden was the last person I wanted to know. He lives in a house with him!

"Eden chill, you better not tell Adonis about Farrah's crush or imma tell Farra-"

"Shhh shut up shut up. Damn. Ain't nobody gonna tell Adonis, I barely even talk to that nigga." Eden said putting his hands up in defeat.

Weird.

"I wouldn't waste my time with Adonis though Farrah, he probably barely knows what a girlfriend is." Eden shrugged, putting his hands in his pocket.

"He's actually going on a date Friday..with a girl we met over break."

Adonis»

The ride home seemed unbearably long. My mom still wasn't speaking to me, but at this point- I'm enjoying not being asked a million questions by her.

We'd finally gotten home, and we parted ways. With her going into the kitchen, and me taking my silent walk to my room.

"Ayo Don, can we talk?" Eden said, stopping me.

"About?"

"Come in my room." He said, walking to his room. I reluctantly followed behind.

"Have a seat."

I sat in the chair in the corner of the room. I don't like where this is going.

"Let's talk about girls."

"Girls?"

"Yeah. Girls. I heard you have a date on Friday."

"Yeah...I do."

"With a girl you like, huh? She cute?"

"Yeah." I said, keeping details to a minimum.

"Hm. Why you ain't bag Farrah? You not into her?"

"Farrah? Farrah doesn't want me. I don't want to embarrass myself by asking her out."

He stayed silent for a moment.

"So you not gonna shoot your shot with her? Nothing between you two?"

"...that don't mean you can go and try stuff on her. She don't want you either."

"Huh? Nigga you can't claim what you don't want! Make up your mind."

"It doesn't matter because she doesn't want either of us!"

"If you going on a date with your lil home girl on Friday, I should be allowed to take Farrah out."

Frustrated, I got up and walked out of his room. I know that there probably won't be a future between Farrah and I, but seeing Eden with her would frustrate me.

No reason to worry. I know the type of girl Farrah is, and I know that she wouldn't want someone like Eden.

Then again...she did date Keith.

I'm overthinking.

Farrah»

I'd finally ended my shift at the restaurant, before going upstairs to my room.

Laying on my bed, I did what I usually would do. Scrolled around on my phone for a half hour ignoring my homework. When I opened Instagram I noticed I'd had a dm.

Edenontop: you going to crystal party?

Random.

I didn't know about it. I guess so. When?

Edenontop: Friday. if you decide to go, we could go together.🙇🏽‍♂️

Adonis' date was on Friday, my parents had their date nights on Friday, Braheim would be working the restaurant Friday. Party? Sure. Eden? I'm not so sure.

I don't know. Maybe I'll see what Keith is doing

Edenontop: Keith will definitelyyy be there. him and crystal a thing.

Oh. Keith hadn't mentioned that to me.

I guess 🤷🏽‍♀️

Edenontop: send your #?

I said fuck it and sent my number. What's the worst that could happen? Eden is not the greatest guy but it's not like I'm going on a date with him. He's taking me to a party. That's it.

Eden»

Satisfied, I put my phone on my bed and walked to Adonis' room.

"Don!" I yelled through the closed door.

"Leave me alone."

"Adonis I gotta ask you something."

"Go away bitch."

This nigga acts possessed sometimes. Like I won't smack the fuck outta him.

"Let me ask a simple question." I said, opening his door.

He looked up from his book, annoyed.

"I was gonna let you use my car on Friday for your date, buttt me and Farrah got something to do..so you gotta-"

"You and Farrah?"

"Yeah. Just going out to this little party. Nothing important."

"You and her? Alone, you mean?" He was no longer holding his little attitude from before.

"Yeah. Does that bother you?"

"You know that bothers me. We just had this conversation."

"I mean, you were very clear on telling me she wouldn't be interested. And all I did was ask her...and she said yeah. That sounds interested to me."

"Then I was wrong. You and her have fun then. Get out my room."

a/n:
I split this chapter in half bc it got wayyy to long, so I'll post the second part sometime soon!

Is Farrah wrong for going to the party with Eden?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 126K 56
| a true story about a boy who hides his pain behind his smile and a girl determined to see it | - FREE story with paid Exclusive Chapters and Writer...
314 20 18
"𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, " 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟...
130K 3.7K 36
-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤- "𝐈 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 '𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 �...
1.4K 82 18
𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕪: the absence of mental stress / anxiety ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖᵉᵃᶜᵉ | ᵖᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 ᵃᵗ 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 ᥫ᭡ additional details inside . . ...