Beta

By Avalinda

Lance is a beta.... totally just a beta. A/B/O universe Voltron legendary defenders Beta! Hunk Beta! Pidge ... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Face reveal and Q&A
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 17

12.3K 428 112
By Avalinda

Ask questions for the Q&A!!

Cleaning was always a part of Lance's life; it was a form of discipline at home and a form of self torcher at school. He had always found the first stages relaxing. Making things look good made him feel stable. However, while trying to clean his room, he quickly surpassed comfort and moved towards excessive.

He was on the ground, using a rag and some weird liquid he found under his sink. His knees were quickly bruising and his arms were sore.

It had been three hours since he started. He was content with his work for the first two hours but now he can't stop.

He was punishing himself. He realized this yet he couldn't get the thoughts out of his head. Usually his mate would be the one to punish him, but he doesn't have a mate, or a family to do this for him.

Omegas needed order. They needed to be praised when good  and punished when they  act out.

It wasn't that they have rules or anything, it was a biological need for omegas to be put in their place. When they feel overwhelmed  they tend to lash out. Omegas get overwhelmed easily, causing excessive stress. Usually when they show this behavior their mate will give them a good scolding and take them over their lap to get the point across, but Lance didn't get that luxury.

He was almost in tears by the time he was done; his arms felt numb and his knees tender. He knew he could have just gone to Hunk, had a conversation with him and felt better, but that still wasn't an option. He may be trying to get better but you can't be fixed in a day.

He wished he had an alpha. At least then he could be a good omega and have some sort of worth. He could feel better about himself, and be put in place when he acts out. Punishments were supposed to be uncomfortable, not painful like his knees and arms were.

He shouldn't have done this to himself, he shouldn't have let this go so far. And with that thought, Lance found himself needing another punishment.

He put the rag and cleaning liquid back under the sink and quickly made his way out of his room and into the lounge.

He quickly locked eyes with the white cushions of the couch, not even realizing the set of eyes following his movements.

Lance quickly tore the cushions from the couch, letting them land behind him. He then left the room in search of a broom and mop.

Once found in the supply closet, he marched back to the room and quickly got to work. 

He wiped off the seat frames then continued to sweep the rest of the floor. The omega was still oblivious to the man standing in the door way.

Shiro leaned against the far wall, arms crossed and head cocked. He couldn't get over how beautiful his omega looked fully presented. Lance was attractive before, don't get him wrong, but now he was insanely gorgeous.

Lance's body was ridiculous. The way his waist was so small and his hips so wide made Shiro drool. His thighs were thick and strong yet still looked so delicate. In all honesty Shiro wanted to ruin him.

He wanted to claim his mate, wanted to mark him all over to make sure everyone knew who he belonged to. But he couldn't do that until Lance excepted and forgave him and Keith. Their first time will be all together, that was decided the night before by the two alphas in hopes Lance will agree.

Shiro put this on pause however when he took notice of what Lance was doing; After sweeping the floor and putting the cushions back in their place, Lance still wasn't done. He continued on to mop the floor with a pained expression on his face.

"Lance," Shiro almost cooed when he let out a startled squeak, "are you ok, love?"

Lance had turned to look at Shiro holding the mop close to his chest.

Mate.

The smell of lavender and charcoal had taken over his senses. He vision seemed to tunnel as he locked eyes with the alpha. A blush rose to his cheeks.

How hadn't he seen it sooner? No wonder they comforted him when he got out of the pod, no wonder Shiro had given him that scolding. He was just doing what a good mate would have done. And the pet name! Oh god that pet name almost made him start purring.

Lance lamely stuttered out, "H-hi Shiro." His voice was small, dazed even.

The alpha smirked, "Hi love. Are you going to answer my question?"

Lance only had the will power to nod.

Shiro let out a chuckle, taking a few more steps into the room. He made sure to keep his distance as to not pounce on the poor boy. Shiro would take him on the couch at this point.

He kept himself collected, using all the will power he could muster in order to behave himself.

"Are you ok? You look like you're in pain."

Lance stiffened, mentally wondering how long Shiro had been watching him. What was he supposed to tell him? 'Oh no I'm in a horrible amount of pain because I don't know when to stop punishing myself'. No. That's not smart, that would only get him in trouble.

"I-I'm ok. Just cleaning." He sounds so small. So much like an omega.

It took Shiro back, he still wasn't used to Lance being submissive. He was expecting something loud and dramatic.

He didn't believe him though. He knew something was wrong.

"I'm sorry but I don't believe you, love. How about you tell me what's really going on?" The alpha took a few steps closer, sitting on the couch, making a show of how much he liked it.

Lance felt his heart flutter at the silent praise. His alpha liked his work.

Lance's grip on the mop loosened, choosing to take Shiro's praise as a sign not to punish himself any longer.  Choosing to move slightly closer to his alpha.

"You're my alpha."

Shiro actually laughed at that, confusing Lance further.

The alpha nodded, "and you're our omega. Our perfect omega."

Love clouded his thoughts as he stared at the Cuban boy in front of him. He blue eyes contrasted against his sun kissed skin so perfectly. His cheek bones sharp and jawline cut. His lips were plump and red from nervous chewing. He could stare at him for hours.

Lance on the other hand was in turmoil: he couldn't be mated to Keith too! He hurt his pup! He can't mate someone who can't control themselves.

Silence over took the room. They both knew that this was going to be a process.

Lance placed the mop on the ground, choosing to hug himself in hopes of self soothing. He had some thinking to do.

"I know you and Keith aren't doing that well. I know that this relationship will take time to grow stable, but don't reject us because of a stupid mistake by a stupider alpha. We need you."

Shiro looked close to tears that the prospect of not having his omega with him. His omega he was meant to love and cherish for eternity.

Lance took in his words, mulling them over, "I need to figure myself out before I even think about forgiving Keith. He hurt my pup and now that we are mates, he hurt our pup. How do I know he won't hurt me? Or our future kids? Can you promise me if I disagree with him, or we get into a fight, he won't use his alpha voice or take a hand to our children again?"

Shiro's mouth gaped. He really wanted to tell Lance everything will be fine, but he can't.

"That's what I thought." And with that, lance walked out of the room, hiding the tears that were falling down his cheeks.

He needed to be comforted; he needed his pup and  his best friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4.9K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
73K 2.9K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
100K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
141K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...