Xerxes Knight: The Alpha King...

By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

|HIGHEST RANKING| #4 in Werewolf. #1 in Mate. * "He's dangerous. He's invincible." "He can take on hundreds o... More

Prologue.
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Thirteen|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
|Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty-three|
| Twenty four |
|Twenty five|
|Twenty six|
|Twenty- seven|
|Twenty eight|
|Twenty Nine|
|Thirty|
|Thirty-one|
|Thirty-Two|
|Thirty- three|
|Thirty- four|
|Thirty-Five|
|Thirty- six|
|Thirty-seven|
|Thirty- Eight|
|Thirty- Nine|
|Fourty|
|Fourty- two|
|Fourty-Three|
|Fourty - Four|
|Fourty- Five|
|Fourty- Six|
|Fourty- Seven|
|Fourty-Eight|
Let's discuss.
|Fourty- Nine|
|Fifty|
|Fifty- One|
|Fifty- Two|
|Fifty-Three|
|Fifty-Four|
|Fifty-Five|
|Fifty-Six|
|Fifty- Seven|
|Fifty-Eight|
|Fifty-Nine|
|Sixty|
|Sixty- One|
|Sixty-two|
|Sixty-Three|
|Sixty-Four|
|Sixty-Five|
|Sixty-Six|
|Sixty-SevenI
|Sixty-Eight|
|Sixty-Nine|
|Seventy|
|Seventy-One|
|Seventy-Two|

|Fourty-One|

101K 2.7K 550
By TheLittle_Naga_Girl

Dante closed the door behind me, the sound resonating around the silent house, making me feel lonely and discarded. I embraced myself taking in the darkness as i shuffled towards the wall where the switch board was.

Turning on the lights, I looked around the familiar house, as the familiar feeling set in me- alone and scared.

Why did i expect when i asked Xerxes that question? That he'd be considerate of my feelings and let Lisa go? How foolish.

He wasn't even ready to hear me out as he ordered Dante and Thomas to take me home, after answering to my question. I had so many unasked questions, unanswered, unexplained.

With a heavy heart and heavy steps, my legs carried me towards the stairs, as i took a step, i felt a presence behind before i heard his voice.

"Luna."

My back straighten at the voice and my heart was beating faster than it normally did, even Vivi was anxious with his presence.

Bracing myself, i turned to face him and gave him a nod acknowledging his presence. "Nickolai."

His head tilted as he regarded me under the dim lights along the wall of the stairs. His eyes glowing in the dark, studying my every action without another word.

"Do you need something?" My voice was calm and collected or that's how i tried to appear.

I wasn't still used to Xerxes' brothers presence around the house. But was thankful that i hardly run in with them as they're busy with whatever Xerxes had in mind for them.

Nevertheless, there were some rare occasions where i end up running in on them, like this one. Armenes was probably the only one, i was warming up to and vice versa, he was easy to get along with but the rest, i wasn't so comfortable with.

Patiently, i waited for Nickolai to say something but he didn't, he kept staring which bothered me.

"Um..." His stare made me feel uncomfortable, it was like he was staring right into my soul, reading my inner thoughts. I remembered what Xerxes told me, Nickolai's ability was, he can take away people's memory. Can he read mind too?

"If you don't have anything important to say, I'd like to head to bed." I told him politely and made a move to turn away. He still didn't utter a word, making me confused why he called me then in the first place.

When i was four steps away from him, i heard his voice, low and melancholic.

"Wherever you go, trouble follows."

I whipped around, facing him once again. He was still staring at me, his eyes unwavering and set on mine.

"W-what do you mean?" His words made me question myself.

He took a step, then another until he stood two steps away from me. His height still crossing mine as he gazed down at me, his eyes piercing into my soul. "You were kidnapped at the age of fourteen since then you lived a sheltered life, you had minimum to no contact with the outside world, you have no friends and now, you're a mate of an Alpha King." He went on, his eyes unflinching, unapologetic, his tone monotonous and balanced.

"How do you know..." Whatever he mentioned was true. My mind was hazy with all the questions that swirled around it, how did he know so much about me? Who told him? How did he know about my kidnapping?

"If one reason wasn't enough for them to attack you, you gave them another by being Xerxes' mate." His tone was leveled, there was no hate, no judgment, his face emotionless.

"I don't understand what you're trying to say." Tension coiled in me, who was he? Why did he know so much? Who are 'them' he mentioned? Whose trying to attack me?

My head felt heavy as a headache started to form. So many questions, yet i couldn't ask a single one.

"Think about it." Nickolai paused, making me snap my head back at him. "Why were you kidnap? Why did anyone kidnap a young fourteen years old girl who hasn't shifted yet? No ransom was demanded, there was no news or traces of your whereabouts for a month but then one day, you were suddenly rescued." Nickolai narrated the incident slowly and patiently. "Do you think it's all one big coincidence?"

"I don't k..." I couldn't put a finger on what he was trying to achieve by repeating my history or what he was trying to make me understand, i didn't have a clue.

There were too many things happening, all at once.

"Think about what i said, carefully." Nickolai's words were soft. "The sooner you realize who you are and what you're capable of, the better it will be, for you." Nickolai didn't explain what he meant by that and dropped the conversation.

"Good night, Luna." Nickolai turned away and walk down the stairs and disappeared from my view.

I turned and climbed the remaining stairs, the ache in my heart growing. I rubbed my chest as entered the room, Nickolai's words replaying over and over again in my head.

Who was i? What was i capable of? I can't even shift, i hardly feel the presence of my wolf, what would i possible be capable of? I have given up on the hope to ever be able to shift, i considered myself nothing but a normal.

Does he know something that nobody knows, even i? What could his words possibly mean?

And Lisa, would she be killed because of me? Why was her punishment so harsh when all she did was help me escape? Shouldn't i be punish equally then?

With all these questions replaying in my mind, i fell asleep.

I was jolted awake from my sleep when i felt a loud scarp, metal squeaking against the hard ground. My eyes opened, wide trying to take in my surrounding, i saw nothing, there was nothing only darkness.

"W-why am i here, daddy?" i hiccupped, my cheeks felt wet and there was a burning sensation in my eyes, this sensation had been there by the moment i was brought here, and since then i couldn't see anything in the dark.

I lost count of days i had been held captive and stuck in this dark room. Was it weeks, a month? I didn't know but it felt like an eternity i was stuck here.

I had no idea where the girl. The girl who was with me when I was kidnapped, was she kidnapped too? What do they want from me? Why was i here?

"Daddy...h-help me." I sobbed, trying to break free from the chair i was confined to. My wrist and ankle burnt as i tried to move, i hissed in pain.

My stomach growled in hunger, i was fed occasionally, just enough to keep me alive. Fatigue was a constant feeling, and would only be awake when i hear him or feel his presence.

I heard the sound of the door opening and closing, followed by the sound of loud footsteps, approaching me slowly and tauntingly.

I pushed myself further in the chair when i heard his footsteps, i hate that man, i hate his touch, i hate his voice.

"Is my Meryl awake?" His voice was near my ear, his tongue darting out to lick my cheek. I was disgusted by his touch.

A loud sob raked through me, as i tried to turn my face away from him. He gripped my hair pulling my head back, making me scream out in pain.

"Too bad, i can't mate you." He whispered on my neck before breathing in deeply, his nose running down my from collarbone to my ear. "Too bad, i have to let you go."

"P-please..." I begged, as i cried repulsive of his touch.

Amongst all the midst, i realised he got no scent in him, I sense his presence but i never smell him, it was like he wasn't even human.

His hand rested on my knee, trailing up, under my dress. i tried in a desperate attempt to shake him away but to no avail. Suddenly, he retrieved his hand and let out a painful hissed as if he had been burnt.

He let go of my hair and let out a loud, harsh, sadistic laugh. "That fucking amulet."

I heard some shuffling, and he no longer was near me. I heard his retreating footsteps, and a sense of relief spread through me.

"I will find you my love." I heard his distant voice followed by the opening and closing of the door.

I didn't know how long or how many days i stayed like that, bound to the chair. I screamed and cried for help but there was no one, no one came to my rescue.

Was i going to die here?

"Dad-dy... K-Karl ... ma...ma..." I whispered slowly losing my conscious.

There was a loud bang, then i heard some noises, people screaming, shouting at one another until daddy appeared before me.

Was i saved?

I saw his lips moved, like he was saying something but i couldn't hear, my vision was getting blurry with every second and soon I fell into deep darkness.

My eyes shot open as my shoulders shook violently. I was breathing heavily, as if i was brought back to life.

My eyes adjusted to the light, and i saw the familiar sight of the room i sleep in. It was then, i registered Xerxes' presence, his arm around my waist, holding me from behind.

His lips hovered over my ear as he whispered softly in my ear. "I am here, no one will take you away."

I turned my head a little to face him, his eyes were on me, filled with worry. I shuffled a little before turning in his arms. "Nightmare?"

He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer. "I wouldn't let anyone harm you anymore."

Anymore?

"Do you know...?" I left the sentence hanging. He nodded his head, his eyes hard and forgiving.

"Who-" I stopped myself from asking him the obvious. Now i know what my parents were doing here. "How much did he tell you?"

"Everything." His response was clipped and short. "I wouldn't allow anyone to harm what's mine. No one dares to touch what belongs to me and live by. I will find him." There was a promise in his tone, which i knew would be kept by him.

"Lisa, she-"

"We will talk about this tomorrow." He answered gruffly. "Now, sleep." He ordered, my eyes narrowed on him slightly at the tone he used.

He stared at me right back, his eyes unblinkingly as if challenging me to do otherwise.

As if on cue, i let out loud yawned and my eyes teared up. Letting out a tired sigh, i shuffled close to his warm body and kept my cheek over chest, squishing my chest against his, for warmth.

"So comfy, so warm." I whispered sleepily and comfortably as i rubbed my cheek over his chest. "You're better than Mr. Fluffy." I mumbled before succumbing to my desire to sleep.
There was no more nightmare.

By the time, i stretched my arms and blinked my eyes open, it was already morning. There was no warmth beside me nor did i feel his presence.

I turned to face the empty. My hand ran over the space he slept on, it was still warm due to his body heat.

Pulling myself up, i washed up quickly and rushed down the stairs and towards the kitchen when i heard some noise from that direction.

A smile lifted on my face when i saw Xerxes sitting on the stool, facing my way as he read some papers placed before him. My nose instantly caught a whiff of something delicious and my eyes zeroed at the source, waffles and cheese omelette. My mouth instantly watered at the sight.

"Good morning." I greeted him walking further into the kitchen.

Without looking away from the paper he was reading, he nodded his head once. "Morning." I stood at the opposite side of the island and noticed the table was set for two.

"Did you make this?" I didn't expect him because the thought of him doing this was too unrealistic, even for me to comprehend.

"Damien made it." He answered putting the paper down and pushed it aside. When he saw me standing, he gestured towards the empty stool. "Sit."

I didn't need to be told twice, happily i obliged and smiled at the food placed before me. "Is he still here? We should ask him to join us." i looked around the kitchen as if Damien would pop out of nowhere.

"He left." His answer was short and clipped.

"Oh." I knew he probably told Damien to leave and didn't even invite him to stay for breakfast.

"Eat." It sounded like an order but this kind of orders were the ones i followed happily and without any arguments. I dug into my food, and thanked him when he poured a cup of coffee and pushed it over to my way.

After breakfast, he picked his plates, spoons and cup putting them in the sink, i did the same. He gathered the papers in his hands and muttered, "I have some work to do, i will be in my study."

"Okay." I nodded at him.

I saw him disappear into his study while I made my way back into the room to take a shower. I got rid of my nightwear and stepped into the shower.

My wolf was happy with how Xerxes behaved today and so was i.

I quickly got dressed after shower and blow dried my hair, smiling at my reflection. I was glad how my relationship with Xerxes was improving and progressing.

If only Lisa was here to see this- LISA!

Last night memories flashed in my mind and a chill went down my spine when i remembered Lisa was going to be punished. For me.

Barefoot, i rushed out of the room and towards Xerxes' study. I knocked on it thrice, repeatedly, then again and again when i got no response. My knuckles hurting due to the force i used.

"Come in." I heard his deep voice, laced with slight anger in them.

I pushed the door opened and rushed towards the table. He didn't even look up from his paper but continued reading what he was as if he couldn't sense how i was feeling. I was certain he could feel it.

"Lisa..." I was breathless. Perhaps, the rush to get here or the fear of losing someone i hold so dear was making me short of breath. "You can't do that...to her."

"I told you Meryl, she will get her fair share of punishment for her actions." Xerxes reminded me, his tone cold and harsh.

"But all she did was help me!" I exclaimed helplessly. "If...if her punishment for helping me is death then shouldn't i get the same punishment for asking that help from her?" I whispered, i was scared for Lisa, i didn't want to lose her.

Xerxes slammed the paper down on the table making me jump a little in fright, i took a step back unconsciously. He rounded the table, his steps heavy and angry so was the look on his face.

He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me flushed against him, making me stand on my tip toes. Instinctively, i grabbed his shirt over his chest trying to balance myself.

"You wouldn't be saying that if you really know what she did." His tone was harsh and ruthless, so were his eyes.

"Then tell me." I held the eye contact with him, unable to look away.

Xerxes looked away from me, his hold loosening over my arm. He turned away from me refusing to tell me anything.

Before he could step away from me, i grabbed his shirt from the back before closing the distance between us. My arms wrapped around his torso as i rested my forehead on his back and hugged him tightly.

I felt him grew stiff under my touch before he relaxed.

"When i first got here, you treated me like i wasn't even here, like i was invisible. It wasn't easy for me..." My throat clogged up as emotions seeped through me and i felt myself tear up. "...being around someone i have never known, living in an unfamiliar house alone, staying in a foreign pack, amongst unknown people...it wasn't easy for me." I paused, drawing in a breath. "But amidst all this, Lisa was always there for me. She is my only friend, but now you're going to take her away from me too."

I withdrew my hands away from his torso and took a step back, wiping my tears away swiftly. "Can't you just let her live? She can leave the pack, she doesn't have to stay here...anywhere...please."

Turning around swiftly, Xerxes faced me. His palms rested on my cheeks, cupping my face. "Forget about her. Forget she ever was in your life, only that way can you live on without getting hurt."

I slapped his hands away, astonished by his words. "How can you say that?!"

"Can't you see i am doing this for your own good?" He almost growled.

Xerxes' jaw clenched in anger, he was losing his patience but that didn't stop me from lashing out on him. "Doing something that you think is right doesn't make it the right thing for me." I said bitterly, getting reminded of his past actions and attitude towards me. "Maybe you can do that- forget someone as you take their lives and have been doing all your life because you don't have a heart to care but not me, i can't do that."

My tone was low yet harsh, never was i so angry at anyone before. He was beyond my understanding, he was too controlling, too dominating.

His eyes glowed in a golden hue and i saw how hardly he had his fist clenched. Closing his eyes briefly, he turned away from me, his shoulders rising and falling as he breathe in deeply, trying to tame his wolf.

Once he calmed, he faced me with his cold brown eyes, his face void of any emotion. He was back to his old self.

I swallowed pass the lump in my throat and dared to meet his gaze squarely while my wolf was wagging her tail tugged in between her legs as her ears and head faced down, showing her submission.

"Very well then." Xerxes spoke up, breaking the stretching silence between us.

He was obviously unhappy with what i said, though his face blank, i could sense his displeasure with me. Him being an unpredictable man, i held my breath for his next words or actions.

"Let's get you to meet Lisa then."

***

Meryl is going to meet LISA!!!
Who's excited for their meeting and the conversation they will have? Only me? Haha...

Drop your comments down below and let me know what's cooking in your heads.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 384 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
758K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
1.2M 30.9K 24
"I can listen to your thoughts!" I whisper panicking again. He begins to smile while I back away. Oh moon goddess I'm sure he will kill me now. No I...
12.8M 452K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...