๐Ÿ’‹Material Girl// Gossip Girl

By notshawn

3 Alena Collier is not a material girl but as usual, Gossip Girl is sparking up new labels and her labels sti... More

01// European Exposรฉ
02// It's You
03// "Fling with the Co-CEO"
04// Sweet Logan
05// "Talk not flirt"
06// Gossip served sunny side up
07// White Lies
08// Moma's home
09// Crime and Prejudice
10// Romance Gesture Gone Wrong
11// you and I have history
12// Eternal Promises
13// Check me in, Ostroff
14// the bitter truth from an Archibald
15// The kids aren't alright
16// The Calm before the storm
17// The eX's are involved
18// Keep your friends close and your enemies closer
19// Valentines day with gossip
20// Waldorf Style
21// The Legacy
22// believe me
23// Go Home
24// Royal Drama
25// the wrong goodbye
26// City of Angels
27// No More Promises
28// Home
29// Who's the Father?
30// The Wrong Fianceรฉ
31// The Inside
32// Reprecussions
33//Halloween
34//After
35// Drunk and Stupid
36// Trapping Miss.Jonas
37// Lie to Me
38// Bits and Pieces
39// A Russian Twist
41// Bart and Sandwiches
Epilogue
NEXT GENERATION
IT IS OUT

40// In the flesh

1.6K 46 1
By notshawn

Six months later...

In weeks, the so-called concussion the doctor diagnosed had gone away. In months, my mental state was balancing.

A month in Scotland with no social media and drama was more pleasant than it sounded. Nothing but the beautiful scenarios, treats and Logan.

We left after Blair's wedding but Nate called and informed me that didn't end well. When we got back, Nate was the one who got me up to speed on the gossip.

Now it's April, the season of spring. I've taken up yoga and spent time on writing, it's been a writers retreat in my own home for the past months. I didn't know I needed it until a few weeks ago.

My friends are still my friends, I've texted but it's been a week since I've talked to anyone but Nate. He comes over every week, sometimes multiple times to keep me company while Logan's at work.

Nate has been full of drama but he's been refraining himself from telling me. He doesn't want to drag me back into the scandalous lives of Manhattan.

Back in the present life, my fingers tap against the keyboard keys constantly. My brain has been working nonstop, emotions and memories popping into my head. Writing has taken over me, it's been easy and I know why. I'm writing about myself.

This is my story.

A knock on the door interrupted my train of thought and typing. I looked up from the laptop and sighed. I went to the door, checking the peek hole before opening the door for precautions.

All I saw was a large bouquet of pale pink peonies. My eyebrows scrunched up together as to why there's a delivery of flowers.

A head popped up from behind the bouquet, It's Chuck.

Surprised, I unlocked and opened the door. Chuck walked in without an invitation and sat the vase on the coffee table.

"What a surprise." I said as I closed the door.

"It's been a while." Chuck said with a small smile.

I smiled and went over to hug him, it was short but I didn't mind. Through the hug, I felt that Chuck was tense. My eyes scanned his face, he was unsettled but attempted to conceal it.

"What brought you over big brother?" I asked him as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and followed him as he moved through the apartment.

"Logan?" He asked as he peeked into the bedroom.

"He's at work." I stated "Don't worry, He's not mad at us for paying off his drug lord dude. At least not anymore".

"Just as I thought." Chuck said as he worked his way to the dining table. His eyes scanning my laptop "So this what you've been doing."

"It's a work in progress." I said as I closed the laptop, shyly.

Writing about myself made me vulnerable, every page made me weak if someone were to read it.

He smiled softly. "So are you going to tell me why you came?" I asked and his smile dropped.

"To see you." He said as he worked his way into the kitchen.

"As much as I'd like to believe that, I know something's eating at you. Spill." I said

He exhaled through his nostrils and walked to me, taking my hand gently.

"Have a seat." He gestured as he pulled out a chair from the dinning table.

"Must be serious." I said feeling uneasy.

I took a seat and he sat across from me, sitting close.

His brown eyes stared into mine softly "I wish I didn't have to tell you this and I don't want to but it's better for you to know now before he shows up at your doorstep." He said

I looked at him confused "Who?" I asked

"Bart." He responded flatly and watched my expression.

I was taken back, I narrowed my eyes at him "He's dead. He's been dead for four years. Are you on drugs again?" I said.

He sighed "He faked his death. I'm not surprised he did. He said a former business associate threatened to reveal his illegal activities and harm Lily and I so he faked his own death." He explained

"Bart?" I asked as I slowly processed the information

"Yes." Chuck replied

"Bart Bass is back from the dead." I muttered, completely shocked.

"Don't believe a word he says to you when he confronts you. He will. Don't even speak to him. Promise me?" He asked, he stared at me attentively.

Promises and promises.

After Chuck's surprise reveal of family affairs, I've had writers block. I've been staring at my laptop screen since Logan came home, I told him it's writers block. He encouraged me then began cooking dinner.

I had to put the laptop away when dinner was ready. I remained in my spot and Logan sat head of the table and also beside me. He was cutting up his steak while I forced myself to eat a few cauliflowers even though my appetite ceased a long time ago.

Apparently I was still quite transparent, I glanced up at Logan, he slowly put food into his mouth as he stared at me.

I averted my eyes and picked up my glass of wine, slowly sipping.

"Nice flowers." Logan commented as the bouquet of peonies were on the middle of the table.

"Chuck stopped by." I muttered

He stopped by and bought me flowers hoping to ease the news on me. He was wrong.

"I was thinking you had a secret admirer." Logan said with relief.

My eyes diverted back to him, he smiled softly "I'm joking."

I forced a small smile and looked away.

"It's not writers block is it?" Logan asked and I looked at him.

I didn't reply when someone knocked on the door. Logan sighed and got up from the table to open the door.

Chuck popped into my head 'Don't talk to him. He'll come to you'

My eyes widened as I jumped up from the chair, hitting my leg on the chair. I lost my balance and almost fell, I only knocked down Logan's chair instead.

"Don't open the door." I demanded as I rushed over to Logan who looked worried and confused.

He stopped and I ran to the door, looking through the hole on the door.

"What are you doing?" Logan asked perplexed.

There's a man in uniform, he looks like the repairman.

"It's the repairman." I muttered as I unlocked the door.

Logan's phone rang from the table, he went to go answer it as I opened the door.

The man looked up and sighed "He paid me." He walked away and another man stepped in front of the door.

My eyes widened and I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Bart Bass stood before me, in the flesh.

I quickly reacted and slammed the door but Bart stuck his shoe between the door and frame.

"Go away." I shouted as I pushed the door harder but no matter how hard I pushed, Bart prevented me from closing it.

I heard Logan's quick footsteps just as Bart forced the door open and I stepped back.

"An invitation in would've sufficed." Bart huffed as he fixed his tie.

"You're not welcome." I stated sternly "Now leave."

Barts eyes diverted to Logan who stood behind me frozen, Logan was shocked.

Bart welcomed himself in and walked in a few feet before stopping. I hesitantly closed the door but I kept my eyes on Bart. He scanned the apartment and Logan stared at him.

"Logan. Fetch us some bourbon" Bart commanded

"He's not your slave. And There's no alcohol other than wine in this apartment" I stated as my eyes glared at him.

"There should be a bottle under the kitchen sink. That's where your father kept his." Bart said as he looked at Logan.

Logan was still stunned, he walked into the kitchen and sure enough there was a bottle like Bart said. We'll discuss that later.

Logan brought the bottle and glass cups. Bart sat on the sofa and Logan sat the glassware and bottle on the coffee table.

"Please, sit." Bart insisted as he began pouring himself a drink.

I grabbed Logan's arm and gently pulled him down onto the couch with me. I sat closely to Logan, keeping my hand on his arm.

"You're supposed to be dead." Logan said as he stared at Bart.

"Yet here I am." Bart replied with a smirk.

"I presume Chuck warned you giving your recent actions." Bart said, his eyes diverting to me as he brought the glass to his lips.

Logan also turned to me. "He did." I responded.

"You two seem quite close." Bart said

"He's my brother." I stated

"Is he really?" Bart asked and I couldn't be more confused.

I averted my eyes from Bart and to Logan who had his eyes on me.

"You're engaged. Such a great moment for a young couple." Bart said "Young love"

My hand found Logan's, intertwining our fingers together. I felt Logan's grip tighten and he sat up straight, staring at Bart. He's become alert now.

"Are you even capable of love?" I remarked

"I did once, with your mother." Bart responded

I scoffed "If you really did she wouldn't have left you."

"It was rather complicated" He said

"She said you were the complication." I said bluntly

"Did she tell you she's the reason you didn't know who your real father was?" He asked becoming apprehensive.

"She did and she also told me you didn't want anything to do me. You two signed a contract and she went off to California. I wouldn't have wanted it to change." I replied plainly.

That pissed him off.

"Elijah was never your father..." Bart began

"He was more than a father you ever were. Chuck never even had a father, he was cursed with the liking of you." I rudely interrupted
"I had a father and I loved him, now he's dead. You can leave now."

Logan stood up, he stood tall and guarded "You know where the door is." He said sternly.

Bart tossed back the last of the drink before he rose up, adjusted his coat and walked to the door but he paused.

"For not wanting to have anything to do with me, you sure do sound like a Bass." Bart said before exiting.

Logan went over to the door and locked the door.

"Chuck was right." I mumbled as I left the couch and sauntered into the bedroom.

I searched for my phone where it lied on the bed. I climbed on top but I didn't call Chuck as I thought I should. My knees were brought to my chest and I leaned over, my head between the gap.

I felt the mattress sink and Logan climbed on top.

I lifted my head "He's even more callous than I remembered him. He was subtle but he was still cold as ice." I huffed

"You handled that so well." Logan said softly l.

I chuckled "I didn't think I could even face him. I don't think I could've if you weren't there." I said as my tone grew soft.

"You could handle the toughest situations without me" Logan said with a gentle smile as he brought his hand to the side of my face.

"But it's better when you're around" I replied with a soft smile.

Logan and I have a reached a new chapter in our relationship, we're opening up more and sharing our feelings as often. There are no more secrets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 501 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...
115K 2.2K 40
โ๐—œ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต๐˜ ๐—œ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐˜„ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—น, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฟ, ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฝ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฟ๐˜‚๐—บ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—บ๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ๏ฟฝ...
371K 8.6K 31
*Spanish version available to read at @daydreamer_byv profile* 1 Manhattan, the fabulous city in New York where you'll find: the hottest new trends...
114K 4.8K 54
BOOK 3 in THE ROMANO SERIES Can be read as a standalone BUT I would advise you to read book I and 2 first to get to know and understand not only the...