The Bet (The Badboy's Claim S...

By brendathatwriter

currently being edited! [the first story in the badboy's claim series] It was my turn to smirk. "I wanna make... More

THE BET
ONE ✓
TWO ✓
THREE ✓
FOUR ✓
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY-ONE
SEVENTY-TWO
SEVENTY-THREE
SEVENTY-FOUR
SEVENTY-FIVE
SEVENTY-SIX
SEVENTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
WE MEET AGAIN

FIFTY-NINE

5.9K 151 136
By brendathatwriter

KIMORA

"Look who finally made it!" My Mom said as soon as Jaxon and I entered the dining room. Everyone's eyes were on us, including Adam. I felt a slight chill go down my spine and tore my gaze away from him and back to my mother as Jaxon spoke. "Yeah, Kimora and I were just having a fun day today."

I blushed and everyone else looked stunned by what Jaxon had said. Obviously, his words had a double meaning behind it and from the mischievous glint in his eyes, he knew what he said could be taken a different way. I felt my Dad's glare on us and cleared my throat. "What he means he was spoiling me today. Nothing that wouldn't be father approved." I laughed nervously.

My Dad seemed to simmer down. "Right."

Jaxon and I sat down at the table and I sat next to Kamila while Jaxon sat on the other side of me. A conversation sparked up but, I didn't include myself into it. Mainly because the eyes of that monster have been on me ever since I walked in. I'm sure if he glared, it'd burn a hole through my skull.

"It's okay," Jaxon whispered, holding my hand. "He won't do anything else to you." I gave him a small smile. His words meant a lot but, the bad feeling in my stomach told me that tonight would not be so cheerful.

"So Kimora, I haven't seen you in a while," Adam said with a fake sadness that only I saw through, putting all eyes on me. I gripped onto Jaxon's hand a little tighter. "How have you've been? I've heard you were kinda depressed."

It's fine, Kimora. He won't do anything in front of you when people are around.

"Yeah. Something was on mind." I said, trying my best to control the shakiness in my voice.

"What was it?"

Jaxon opened his mouth but, I gave him a reassuring squeeze. If he said anything, Adam will definitely know I told him. I couldn't let him get involved as much as possible. I don't want him to get hurt because of me.

"You know exactly what it was," My voice turning bitter.

His lips pulled up to a smirk but, he instantaneously regained his character. "We should eat before the food gets cold." 

Everyone resuming conversation but, I muffled it. The look on this monster's face made me want to hurl. Eventually, his monstrous eyes let up off of me and I released a small breath of relief. My hands were shaking and Jaxon kissed the back of my hand. "Hey... I'm here. It's okay." He whispered for my ears earlier. I nodded, closing my eyes to take a deep breath.

I'm fine. Jaxon's here. Everyone's here.

He won't touch me.

He can't touch me.

***

After we all ate, we gathered into the living room. My Mom set up a Secret Santa like she always has. It was what she did when there were too many people to spend the holidays with; no one had the luxury of getting a gift for everyone.

Well, maybe Jaxon and his family but, not mine.

I was supposed to get Adam a gift but, I didn't get him anything. Why the hell would I even get him anything? If anything, I'd give him a one-way ticket to burn in the pits of hell. Jaxon had Matthew and Kamila had my Mom so I had no clue who would give me a gift.

"Whoa! I always wanted these games! Thanks, man!" Matthew gushed over his gift, giving Jaxon a bro hug. "How did you know?!"

He smirked. "A little kitten told me." Matthew and I rolled our eyes simultaneously.

Kamila rushed over, squealing. "Oh my goodness! Kimora look what your Dad got me!" She held out the pink unicorn outfit. It was cute and fit Kamila well. She snuggled the outfit, smiling uncontrollably. "I love it so much! I'm going to wear it every day!"

"I'm sure you will," Matthew commented and Kamila grinned, not catching onto his sarcasm.

My Mom walked over to Jaxon and held out a gift for him. "Here you go, my son-in-law."

"Thank you, Shantel." Jaxon smiled before opening the box. He didn't whatever was in it out but, his facial expression was filled with shock and confusion. He looked up at my Mom and raised an eyebrow. "Wh-"

"Don't say anything." She said abruptly before joining the adults. I sat next to him and he quickly closed the box, smiling sweetly but, it was fake. "Hey, you!"

I blinked. "What's in the box?"

"It's a secret."

"But-"

He nearly kissed me but, I covered his lips before he could. "You're not slick."

He licked my hand and I grimaced, wiping my hand on his shirt. He laughed, stealing a kiss before showing a charming smile. "I love you."

My heart fluttered and I covered my face with my hair. "Whatever, Captain Douche."

"Hey, Kay."

The playful and flirty mood was instantly gone. I felt Jaxon tense up beside me and I started to feel my skin crawl all over again. "What do you want?" Jaxon asked, glowering at Adam.

He gestured to the gift in his hand. "I'm obviously Kimora's Secret Santa."

"I could've sworn I said that the only person who would be accessorizing her."

"It's not an accessory." Adam held the gift out and I reluctantly took it from his hands, opening it. I was hoping I hid the surprised look on his face. It was the drawing Caleb, him, and I had done in Kindergarten. Three stick figures standing outside on purple grass. The nostalgia staring at the smiley faces hit me so hard. Things have changed so much from now and then. So much.

I took a deep breath, looking up at Adam. He had a gentle smile on his face but, it fell when I glared at him. "What?"

Jaxon snorted, standing up. "You think giving her a sentimental gift will make me forget what you did?"

Shit. Why did he say something? Adam was never supposed to find out.

Adam glowered at me and I sunk further into the couch. "So you told him anyway." Adam took a step and I felt a moment a dread. Jaxon shoved him back. "Stay the hell away from her!"

"I'm good," Adam smirked. Jaxon jerked forward but, Derek intervened, using his arms to create space between the both of them. Alex started barking causing everyone to look over.

"Jaxon, relax. What's going on?" Derek asked, cautiously staring at Jaxon.

"I'm going to kill him, that's what." He threatened, pushing past his father but, my Dad intruded this time. "You need to relax."

"Relax?!" He looked at my Dad in disbelief. "This bastard raped your daughter!"

The shock was on everyone's face around the room. I closed my eyes, wishing that I didn't feel eyes on me right now. Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut?

The eyes left me and the silence in the room was deafening. It was quiet, way too quiet. I opened my eyes again to see everyone staring at Adam now who looked a tad nervous. "Kimora... i-is this true?" My Mom asked.

I slowly nodded, ignoring the crawling feeling on my skin. "Yeah... t-that's why I haven't been home."

"Oh my God..." Marie covered her mouth, glaring at me. "You're lying! My son would never do that!"

Her words struck a nerve in me. "Why the hell would I lie about something that?!" I got up from the couch, balling my hands into fists. The urge to punch her was eating away at me. Her surprise was fake and she... she had to have known. That house must've been their house and she was there... hearing me cry for help and she didn't do a damn thing. My stomach started to churn. "A-And you were there... in that house, weren't you?!"

The attention to her and she froze for a minute, staring past our faces. "You and Adam were meant to be together since you were kids-"

A hand whipped across her face. "Tu as laissé ton fils faire ça à ma fille?! (You let your son do that to my daughter?!)" My Mom yelled.

"S-Shantel-"

"Get the hell out of my house!" My Dad pitched in, glaring daggers at Adam. Adam scoffed, leaving with his mother but, not before he flashed a smirk and mouthing, 'this isn't over'.

***

"Kimora, you okay?" Jaxon asked for about the tenth time along with everyone else. We were sitting in my room alone and it felt so...unsettling being in here now. I didn't recognize it. I didn't feel comfortable. The feeling of Adam's hand was all over my skin again and it didn't help.

After being around my parents, they were torn by the news and were consoling which only made me start crying all over again. They decided to leave me alone with Jaxon and here we are. With him asking me 21 questions.

I shook my head, wiping my face. "I'm not okay, Jaxon! Stop asking me that stupid question when you know the answer!"

He frowned. "Sorry..."

"No... it's fine. I'm just... upset."

"I'm here for you." He said softly, making me look to his eyes. I gave him a sad smile, intertwining our hands together. "I know... you've always are."

"You should follow your Mom's advice. Take it to the police so he can be arrested and won't ever hurt you."

"It's been weeks since it happened... I doubt anyone would think it's true." I shrugged, pausing for a bit to take in his clenched jaw. His grip felt tighter as if he was trying so hard to hold onto me.

"What is it?" He asked, drawing me back to his eyes.

"Don't do anything to him... please."

He scoffed. "What do you mean?" I flicked his nose and he flinched, putting his hand to his face. "Ow?"

"I know you and I know you want to kill him but, I can't let you do that..."

Jaxon let go of my hand, crossing his arms. "Why are you protecting him?" 

"I'm not protecting him."

"It feels like it."

I held his face in my hands. "I'm protecting you. I don't want you to get involved in anything life-threatening. He won't bother us anymore." I said trying to sound as confident as I can. I obviously didn't tell him about Adam telling me that this wasn't over before he left. I wasn't planning on it. Knowing him, he'd drive himself mad trying to keep an eye on me and plot a murder.

He sighed in defeat. "Alright... I guess I'll let it go."

"Thank you." I pecked his lips. He got up from the bed. "Are you sure you don't want to come back to my place or want me to stay here with you?"

"No. I'll be fine, Jaxon."

"Okay. I'll come to see you in the morning. You can call me if you need me." He kissed me one last time. "I love you so much."

A smile appeared on my face as my heart fluttered in my chest. "I love you more."

He returned the smile and left the room. I sighed, falling back onto my bed. My heart was starting to ache. I didn't realize I've gotten so used to being with Jaxon for the past few weeks. I feel empty without him.

Before I could even stop myself, I called him. He picked up on the first ring. "Kimora? I didn't even make it to my car yet."

"I know... but, you said to call you if I need you."

I heard him chuckle softly. "You're so cute."

***

Darkness.

I hated seeing it because I knew what was coming. I've had this dream happen to many times to know.

"Kimora."

I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing I didn't feel his hands or feel his lips on my neck. Why did this happen? Why was the world so cruel? Why did I trust him?

"Stop. Leave me alone." I pleaded. My voice sounded so broken. I said it so many times but, his reply always came back to the same.

"Never." 

"Why? Why are you doing this?" I inquired and I didn't feel his touch on my skin. However, His presence was still here. I opened my eyes, keeping my eyes glued to my feet.

"Satisfaction."

I shook my head. "It doesn't make sense. It's something else, isn't it?"

He didn't say anything but, I heard a small chuckle. The heartbeat racing my ears was not helping calm my thoughts. I looked up and my heart stopped racing, sinking into my stomach. "Jaxon!"

A gun was held up to Jaxon's head by Adam himself. He had a victorious smirk on his face. Jaxon shouldn't have found out about what happened. Now he was going to pay the price.

Jaxon looked at me sorrowfully. "Goodbye..."

Before I could even take a step to rush over to him, the triggered was pulled.

***

JAXON

I jerked awake from an ear piercing scream. It didn't take me long to quickly sit up and place my hands on her shoulder. "Kimora." Her hands batted my hands away from her as she shivered from my touch. "Stay away from me!" She cried out.

I frowned, trying again by hugging her. "Kimora. It's me. It's okay. It's me." I repeated, rubbing her back soothingly. She calmed down and reluctantly returning my hug. "J-Jaxon..."

"I know." I wished I could take away those nightmares of her and Adam. I know Kimora didn't want me to do anything but, sitting here and doing nothing is killing me. It was eating away at her and I couldn't handle watching her fade ever so slowly.

"Jaxon... you're hugging me too tight."

I released her from my hug but, I kept my hands on her waist. "Sorry."

"It's fine." She pushed her hair out of her tear stained face. Before I even knew what I was doing, I had cupped her cheek, kissing her forehead. "What was that for?" She asked with a bright red face. My lips twitched. "Just because... You can talk about it with me, you know?"

"With what?"

"The dream."

"Oh..." She sighed, resting her head on my shoulder. "You were killed... by Adam."

"I'm sure it'll be the other way around."

"Jaxon." Her voice was stern as she glared. I put my hands up. "Alright. Alright. I won't do anything?"

She nodded before kissing my neck. There was a small spark that snapped in the air. "Kimora. What are you doing?"

"I want to get him off my mind..." She wrapped her arms around my neck, playing with my hair. "Your parents are down the hall..."

"Then I'll be quiet." She continued kissing up my neck and I gripped her hips. My mind was playing a tug of war. I wasn't sure if I should do what she wants because the last time she wanted to be quiet, that didn't happen.

I slipped from my thoughts as a groan erupted from my throat. I couldn't concentrate with her doing this to me. Damn.

I pushed her back onto her bed, keeping my arms pinned at either side of her head. She slightly squirmed under me, not meeting my eyes. I could see the hesitation in her eyes. She's nervous.

"You're not ready, are you?"

"I am... I'm just nervous."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"You just make me feel that way..." She blushed even more and turned her head to avoid eye contact. She was so cute. I wouldn't replace her for the world... "How do I make you feel?" She asked, still not meeting my eye.

"I can show you better than I can tell you..."

***

"Good morning," Shantel said as she walked into the kitchen. Suddenly, she paused and turned on her heel, looking at me. "Jaxon? What are you doing here?"

"I spent the night. Kimora just couldn't stay away from me for more than two seconds." I smirked, glancing at her. "Or her hands," I mumbled under my breath but, Kimora heard me, swatting my arm. I laughed and Shantel only smiled and from the look in her eyes, I could tell she heard me too.

"It's good to see you both are feeling better." She sat down at the table. However, the tone of her voice was slightly unsure.

Kimora played with her soggy cereal. "I'm not over it... and I know that he's not over with whatever he's planning..."

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking back to what Axel and I were talking about when I figured out about Adam assaulting her. What could he possibly be planning? He already laid his hands on her what more could he want?

"I'm going to go take a shower." Kimora left the kitchen without another word or room for us to say anything. Shantel crossed her arms, leaning back in her seat. "I can't believe we didn't notice sooner."

"Yeah..." I sighed.

"Whatever you're planning, don't do it."

"What?"

She deadpanned me. "Don't play dumb, I could practically feel that anger that's radiating off of you."

"I'm just upset I didn't get there fast enough to save her..." I lied, putting on the best act I could of being down. I couldn't let her find out what I'm planning and if she did, she'd tell Kimora and then shit will hit the fan.

"It's okay Jaxon. I understand how you're feeling but, all we can do is just be there for her." She smiled and I returned it.

"Yeah. You're right."

But I'm going to take the alternative.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1.5K 38
Started in 2018 Hardcopy available on NotionPress and Amazon *Rank* 1 * in #boynextdoor *Rank* 1 * in #badboylovestory When shy yet sarcastic Daniel...
303K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
91.7K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...
645K 13.3K 67
"Ava, you have to be quiet! They'll hear you-" Tears started to spill from my eyes, blending in with the rain that dripped down my face. I shouldn't...