A Little Too Late

By LovelyLoopyKari

Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her fo... More

A Little Too Late
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 9

56.9K 1.9K 56
By LovelyLoopyKari

    The wolf cringed in fear, retreating backwards away from us. I ran to Claire as soon as I could and wrapped her in in my arms. I sighed with relief as her cuts were already healing, she really was the fastest healer I’ve ever seen.

    “Ginny!” Percy yelled running to me with two wolves chasing after him. I gasped watching as they violently snapped at him. I let go of Claire and stood up quickly pulling Percy behind me as the wolves charged at us. I backed away closing my eyes when they jumped in the air lunging at me. I waited for the impact of them to knock me to the ground but it didn’t come. I peeked under my lashes as loud growling broke through.

  Wes was being circled by the wolves, his eyes darting between the both of them and then quickly over at me. Fear washed over me as I watched them closing in on him. The fear was so much more than when I was being attacked. This fear, I felt, could kill me.  I had to do something, but what? Think Ginny! I screamed at myself. I looked around the forest for something to throw at them but came up empty. I mean there was a few sticks but what would that do to a werewolf? Absolutely nothing.

  Before I even gave it a second thought I jumped on one of the wolves, pulling at his fur he howled in agony. Wes’s head whipped to face me and the wolf behind him lunged, “NO!” I screamed, “Wes!” This can not be happening! I jumped off the wolf and ran to Wes who was laying on the ground. “Wes! Please, no.”

He looked up at me and growled flipping us over so he was standing over me taking out a wolf that took advantage of me being distracted and tried to kill me. Now it was even, one on one and I had no doubt in my mind Wes could beat him too. I tried pushing myself up but Wes growled pushing me down. I sighed and looked over at Percy as he held Claire, who was unconscious in his arms. He looked so scared.

His eyes met mine and I mouthed I love you to him, making a tear roll down his cheeks. He gasped as I felt Wes’s warm body leave mine, I flipped around and watched as Wes took down the wolf. I crawled to Percy quickly giving him a hug, taking his eyes away from his brother. I closed my eyes and braced myself as a crunching sound rang out.

   I felt a wet snout on my shoulder and I quickly opened my eyes as tingles flowed through my body. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, nuzzling my face into his fur. He gave a low growl of approval making me smile. Everything he said, everything he’s done the last few days forgotten in that moment.

“Thank you.” I whispered.  He licked my neck and I laughed pushing him away from me. “Wes...” I smiled and he barked at me happily.

His eyes became dark and sad all of a sudden and took off into the trees back to the pack house. That was weird, my heart pinged in hurt when I couldn’t see him anymore. I picked up Claire from Percy’s arms and he stood as close to me without touching me.

“Ginny?” Percy asked as we walked.    

“Yeah Perc?” I asked looking down at him. He was fidgeting with his hands nervously.

“Is she going to be alright?” He asked after a moment of silence. His eyes held such sadness in them they made me want to cry.

I nodded smiling softly at him, “She’s going to be fine. She’s already healing.”

He nodded looking down at his feet, “I tried to save her.” He whispered his voice cracking.

“Percy. You’re so brave, you did everything perfectly. You couldn’t change a thing, alright.” He nodded and I wrapped one arm around him and pulled him to me while still holding Claire with the other.

“I love you Ginny.”

“I love you too.” I kissed the top of his head and grabbed his hand and we continued walking home.

“Ginny, wait!”  Caden’s voice called out behind us. I turned around and smiled at him.

“Caden, are you alright?” I asked looking over him, I sighed with relief to see that he was, in fact, perfectly fine.

“I’m fine.” he smiled but then frowned as he noticed Claire in my arms. “is she alright?”

“She’s fine.” Percy cut in glaring at him.

“Percy! Manners.” I chastised him but he continued to glare at him. “sorry, Percy doesn't take well to strangers and yes she’ll be alright.”

“Good.” he nodded not taking his eyes off her.

“Come on let’s go home.” Percy pulled on my arm.

“Are they related to us?” Caden asked.

“Not by blood.” I told him and turned to Percy. “Perc, this is my brother Caden. Caden this is Percy and Clarissa.”

“Oh.” They both said at the same time.

I smiled and nodded, “Do you want to come home with us?”

His face lit up and nodded vigorously, running over to us. “Do I have any more siblings?”

“You don’t know if you have any siblings?” Percy snorted and I squeezed his hand.

“I-I,” Caden struggled hurt evidence in his voice and on his face.

“It’s okay Caden.” I smiled at him, “and yes you have an older brother.”

His eyes flashed to me and smiled back at me, “Will he like me?”

I nodded, “He’ll love you.” I told him, forcing a smile. The truth was I had no idea how Teddy was going to react but I got my answer when we neared the house. Teddy was pacing outside the door and I visible saw him relax when he saw me.

“Where the hell were you? You don’t know how to fight. You could have died!” He hissed coming over to us.

“Well then you would have gotten your wish.”  I spat back at him and he flinched, pain in his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but I quickly cut him off. “Caden,” I looked down at him and Teddy followed my eyes to him.

Teddy growled menacingly causing Caden to step closer to me automatically, “Who the hell is that? He smells like them.

I growled warningly at him, “Caden this is Teddy, your brother.”

Teddy’s eyes went wide as he took in Caden and by his response he saw that he had our family mark. “Linus?”

********************************************************************

Thank you so much for reading this! I love writing this book but I don't know if I like this chapter...

I want to thank everyone who either Voted, commented, or fanned me(Or all three) because it really means a lot and helps me continue to write it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! <3

And it's not over yet so, yeah...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 50K 30
Mates, my parents told me that it would make me happy, ecstatic, over-joyed, excited, and anything but sadness and rejection. And I got the exact opp...
2K 70 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
130K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
209K 5K 54
⚠️Before you read!⚠️ I wrote this a long time ago, and I'm trying to rewrite it. But unfortunately, I'm experiencing a writer's block It will take a...