The Forgotten Sister | Jasper...

Від Jaye_Never_Ending

*Book One of the Daniella Swan Series* Daniella Swan is the twin sister of Isabella Swan. When their pare... Більше

Chapter One: The Prologue
Chapter Two: The Intro
Chapter Three: The Meetings
Chapter Four: The Dirty-Blonde
Chapter Five: The Conversation
Chapter Six: The Portrait
Chapter Eight: The Greenhouse
Chapter Nine: The Dream
Chapter Ten: The Frat Boys
Chapter Eleven: The Cold Ones
Chapter Twelve: The Lion & The Lamb
Chapter Thirteen: The Meadow
Chapter Fourteen: The Family
Chapter Fifteen: The Major
Chapter Sixteen: The Kiss
Chapter Seventeen: The Tracker
Chapter Eighteen: The First 'I Love You'
Chapter Nineteen: The Bite
Chapter Twenty: The Hospital
Chapter Twenty-One: The Prom
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Visions
Chapter Twenty-Three: The End
The Sequel

Chapter Seven: The Accident

62.9K 1.4K 476
Від Jaye_Never_Ending

    Its been a few days since the Cullen's had been to school. Dani knew it was because of her. She freaked Jasper out and he most likely told his siblings about what happened. Dani sighed her sleep was minimal those few days. She would catch herself drifting away in the middle of her lessons at school. She even missed an entire History lesson once.

    Daniella was distracted, but no one noticed really. Because no one cared enough to pay attention. Bella was getting moodier as well. But Dani didn't know if it was her fault, or if it was because she was just as upset about the Cullen's disappearance as she was.

    Dani woke up the next morning dreading the idea of going to school, and it was only her lack of sleep that made her feel so biter about having to lug her way through the day once again. But she got up and did her usual routine and got ready, but she was stumped on what to wear. She decided on jean shorts with tights underneath, you have to stay dress code appropriate, right? She tied her flannel around her waist and had a white graphic tee on to match. She pulled on her leather jacket and black combat boots and she was done. She picked up her backpack and left her room, heading straight for the kitchen. She grabbed her usual, an apple and a water, and then made her way to the truck to wait for Bella once again.

    When they made it to school, Dani's eyes caught the beauty of the Cullen's from across the parking lot. It took her a second to realize Bella had gotten out already. Dani climbed out from the truck and sighed to herself.

"God, you freak. Just stare at them why don't you." Dani mummbled to herself as she slammed the door and leaned against it laying her head against the window of the truck. Her eyes shut and she felt the miserable, familiarity of her depression seep into her. She quickly pulled herself off of the truck an bolted for the entrance of the school, trying to run away from her own feelings. She did that quite often, as well.

~•~

    Daniella did her best to avoid the Cullen's that day, but the one class she couldn't get away with it in was history. Jasper was sat next to her as usual, but there was a tension between them that hadn't been there before. She noticed it and she was sure that Jasper noticed it too. They were quite and stiff next to one another and, unwillingly, Dani started to drift. Her emotions following her as she went. Dani didn't notice that she drifted, nor did she notice the subtle shift of her hand to her arm as she started to flick the rubber band onto her wrist.

    Dani's wrist was already a bright red by the time Jasper's attention was captured by her. His eyes widened at the state Daniella was currently in. She wasn't mentally there and he knew it. He knew because he had seen it before. In Art class.

    Jasper concentrated on Dani and her emotions.

Pain

Sadness

Anxiety

Embarrassment

And...fright?

    Jasper was as confused as he ever could have been, but all he knew was that he had to get her back into her own head. He sent out a wave of calmness and relaxation trying to get her back. He saw her eyebrows come together in confusion as her hand flinched but continued. He couldn't take it anymore so he looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to them, only to see their eyes connected to the TV screen, or heads down asleep on the desks.

    Jasper quietly scooted closer to Dani and grabbed her hand holding it in his tightly but not to tight. This knocked her out of her dazed stated and she was so frightened that she was about to scream, but she suddenly felt the immense sense of calm and relaxation hit her as she looking into Jasper's worried eyes.

    Daniella knew it was rare to see emotion on the young man's face, but he seemed to be doing it a lot around her lately. They sat like that for at least ten minutes. Not moving an inch until the burning sensation in Dani's wrist caught her attention. She hissed quietly and ripped her gaze away from the beautiful Cullen next to her. She held her wrist to her chest wanting the burning to fade away fast, but she knew it would last for a while.

"Daniella? What can I do?" Jasper asked helplessly. He hated to see her in pain and not be able to make it go away. She weakly pointed to her bag making Jasper grab it as fast as 'humanly' possible. She dug around in a pocket before finding what she needed. Numbing cream.

    This happened a lot to Daniella. Especially this past week that the Cullen's had been MIA. Daniella rubbed the cream on the burn and sighed in relief as the burn became a dull numbness. Her eyes were closed and watery, but she knew Jasper was watching her. Worrying. So, she spoke for the first time to him since what happened in the Art room.

"Sorry... That's been happening a lot lately." She whispered low enough for him to hear, but not loud enough to disturb the class.

    Jasper was conflicted about whether to ask questions about it or not. He was told to give her space so he gave her as much time as he physically could. He couldn't stay away any longer. He seemed to feel responsible for the way she felt and her well-being. He had to help her. He had too.

"What do you mean?" He asked gently. He wanted to know more. Jasper wanted to know anything and everything about her. So, he decided to ask the questions he had been waiting to ask.

    Dani sighed and opened her eyes looking back into the golden-brown eyes of Jasper Cullen. "I slip away. A lot. I don't know why or how. But I know when I do I can't control what happens out here..." She said. She spoke as if she was ashamed of something that was out of her control. And Jasper didn't like it one bit.

    Jasper took a risk. He'd never been able to do it before but he was going to try. He grabbed Daniella's hand and kissed her open palm lightly. He could smell the blood under the girls skin, but..he didn't feel the need to drink from her.

    He looked back into Dani's eyes seeing the shocked expression and smilled gently.

"It's okay. I understand, but I promise I'll be here to bring you back anytime you need ma'am." Jasper spoke, his thick, Southern accent slipping from his lips as he did.

    Dani couldn't hold back the smile that invaded her facial expression. She was a sucker for a country boy. And some how she thinks Jasper knew it too.

~•~

    It was after school, nothing else eventful had happened other than History class. Daniella and Isabella were standing beside the truck. Bella had her headphones in and Dani was looking at the back tire an she slowly slipped away once again. She was kicking the tire subconsciously, when she was knocked out of the daze at the sound of screaming and tires screeching. She turned to see Tyler's black van coming straight for her she was frozen in place, but she wasn't scared more like she was..hopeful..?

    However, she was grabbed quickly and held close to a cold, stone-like body as he shielded her from the impact of the van when she looked up at the person holding her she saw the familiar golden-brown eyes and dirty-blonde hair of Jasper Hale. They were lost in each others eyes as their faces were so close together. As quickly as he was there, he was gone. Daniella's heart was racing and her eyes were wide as she stared at the body shaped dent in the car. She heard the yelling of her sister's name and wasn't suprised by the blatant disregard for her wellbeing. She looked to her twin to see her eyeing a dent in the car as well. A hand shapped dent.

    Dani was shaking the entire time not even getting up from her spot. She remembered it all. Every single second of the accident. But she couldn't explain any of it without sounding like someone who needed locked up in a psych house.

    The ride to the hospital went by in a blur and soon her and Bella were sat on hospital beds getting examined by a doctor. Dr. Cullen to be exact. Bella was first, obviously, and Dani was convinced that she had seen Dr. Cullen before but she just couldn't place him in her memory correctly, yet.

    Daniella could hear Charlie yelling through the hall for Bella and Dani just sighed used to the whole ordeal already. Dani laid down suddenly feeling really tired. She knew she shouldn't sleep, but who would mind if she took a small nap?

    Daniella was about to drift off to sleep, but then she was shaken from her relaxed state and back into reality. Her eyes snapped open and she grabbed the person by the neck, but was immediately over powered. Her eyes fell onto soft golden-brown ones that reminded her of Jasper. So, she calmed down and released.

"Quite the reflexes you got there." Dr. Cullen said with a breathy laugh toward the end. Daniella smiled awkwardly and sat up.

"Sorry about that. Guess you've never heard the phrase 'let a sleeping bear lie'?" Dani laughed softly. Carlisle smiled at the petite girl and nodded.

"I have, but my wife is usually the only one I have to watch out for." He joked. Daniella smiled, she was more comfortable with Carlisle  now. Like she knew him.

    After getting checked out, Carlisle put a little wrap around Dani's wrist and she was set. No other injuries were found on the twins and Daniella and Isabella were free to go home.

    As the girls were about to turn the corner they heard voices whispering from the other side. Dani and Bella leaned around the turn and saw Edward, Jasper and Carlisle whispering hastily to one another. After a few seconds their heads turned to see the twins watching them. Daniella's gaze was immediately connected with Jasper's until she looked down quickly. She was confused. How did he get to her so quickly? He wasn't even there..

"Can we talk?" Daniella heard her sister ask. Edward nodded and they walked a little ways away from Dani.

    Jasper walked over to Dani and watched as she avoided eye contact with him. He knew she had questions. He also knew that he couldn't answer them honestly.

"How?" Daniella asked, her voice dull and void of emotion. Jasper's heart was aching to tell Daniella everything, but it wasn't only his secret to tell.

"What do you mean?" He asked. He acted oblivious to what she meant. It hurt him, but he had to keep her safe. He had to protect her.

"Don't..Don't act like nothing happened. I'm not crazy, Jasper." Daniella looked up at him with watery eyes. Jasper's emotionless face flickered to one of worry and guilt. Before snapping right back to his emotionless demeanor.

"Daniella," Jasper sighed, but Dani cut him off.

"You weren't there. How..how did you get to me so fast?" She asked shaking her head.

"I was right beside you. You drifted out again I was trying to get you back." He shrugged.

"You stopped the van." Daniella said. "You..you blocked it from me Jasper. You should be dead from an impact like that."

"No one's going to believe a word you say." Jasper said. Daniella scoffed looking away from him.

"You think I don't know that? Besides, I wasn't going to tell anyone anything Jasper." She spoke, anger laced in her voice. Daniella felt helpless. Jasper felt the emotions radiating off of her. A tear left Daniella's eye and rolled down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and looked away from Jasper again.

"You're just like the rest of them." Her voice cracked, just as Jasper's heart did. "I don't know why I tried." Her eyebrows furrowed together as she looked through Jasper, as if he wasn't even there. "I let you in, knowing I would regret it, but I thought..I thought you were different, understanding. Truthful." Her emotions stopped. Jasper got worried as he felt no emotions coming from her anymore and he watched Dani turn around to leave. "I was wrong, again." She spoke over her shoulder before leaving Jasper standing in the Hospital's hallway.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

259K 4K 28
When Rachel a local high school teacher gets into an accident and goes to hospital. It might just be her lucky day ;) i do NOT suggest reading this s...
200K 2.9K 34
Belle Swan is the older sister of Bella Swan. Bella Swan thinks she is the center of attention and thinks that she can have whoever she wants, what e...
1.2M 52.9K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
991K 20.1K 46
This is the story of a girl named Riley Swan, she is the famous character Bella Swan's younger half sister. I hope that you will enjoy reading her st...