Resisting the Bad Boy

By JasmineCroft_

"Don't think," he whispers into my ear. I hesitate. "I-" His lips on mine silence the rest of my words. He s... More

Before You Read
[1] "Archer Cross"
[2] "High School"
[3] "This'll Make it Better"
[4] "Who's Sweatshirt?"
[5] "Shining Knight"
[6] "You Broke Up"
[8] "Flighty"
[9] "I Honestly Forgot"
[10] "Raven Micheals"
[11] "Go Get Him"
[12] "Almost Cute"
[13] "You're Kidding"
[14] "Look Pretty"
[15] "Son of a Bitch"
[16] "I Have an Idea"
[17] "Oh?"
[18] "Points for Little Dove"
[19] "Then Who was it?"
[20] "There's no Way"
[21] "Kiss"
[22] "I Know"
[23] "Archer v. Grant"
[24] "Date Me"
[25] "Sunflowers"
[26] "Inconsistent"
[27] "Kade Fosters"
[28] "I promise"
[29] "Hot Chocolate"
[30] "Sleep"
[31] "Don't think"
[32] "Keys"

[7] "Little Dove"

10K 335 62
By JasmineCroft_

I WAKE groaning, wincing because my head pounds like I just got run over. Everything feels bleary and my mouth is dry. There's minimal sunlight seeping through the curtains and I clamp my eyes shut. I knew last night the hangover was going to be vicious. Last night I drank more than I have in a long time.

I look to my left, cracking my eyes open a little and spotting a couple pills and bottled water sitting on the nightstand. The sight makes me crack the slightest glare even through my pain. Does she think I can't handle my shit? Irrational anger clouds my judgement. Raven must've woken up and set that there for me. I take the pills and pop them back anyways, swallowing them down with a few gulps of water. I take a few more sips, minutely grateful for the liquid.

Last night comes back as soon as the pounding fades a bit. I came here fucked up, drunk off my ass. I knew Raven was going to be here alone and stumbled down the hall. I honestly didn't know who's room I was going to end up in, but it was probably for the better I ended up here. Although she did try to hit me with a paperweight.

I sit up, grimacing and holding my head. Jesus Christ I must've gotten really fucked last night. It wasn't because I broke up with Leila, but because I was finally free and just wanted to get shit-faced. And let me tell you...

It was worth it.

     I don't normally let myself loose like that and get so fucked up, but I made a split second decision for once in my life.

I smell some bacon which draws me out of the bed, my legs swing over the side. Before I stand, I take a look around the room. I've never been in Raven's room before so this is all new to me. I knew she liked the Pittsburgh Penguins, but have never seen her merch. She's got pictures and newspaper clippings. She also has Sidney Crosby jerseys and a penguins blanket.

In some odd way it makes me...I don't know...feel something. All I know is that I need to shake off this hangover.

I get on my feet, taking another gulp of water and taking the bottle with me to the kitchen. I know the layout of the Micheals' house pretty well, but drunk me just got too fucked up I guess to make it anywhere.

I stumble downstairs, hoping Leila didn't come home from her friend's house early. I don't have the energy to deal with her shit right now and frankly I'd probably snap and make Raven rightfully scared of me. Last night she was like a scared little dove, squeakin at everything I did. I didn't peg her for one to believe everything she hears, but I push that away, steeling myself back to normal. I need to plan for Leila. She probably thinks she's going to get me to get back together with her, but I was sober when I made my decision. My plan to be with her never even worked out anyways. If anything, it completely backfired.

Thank god it's all over now.

"Hey, you're up," I hear Raven say.

I turn my attention to her as she concentrates on the stove. She didn't even look up. Anger spikes through me at her idiocy.

"What if I was some random stranger? You would've never known," I say, leaning against the door jamb.

"Oh-I-I would've-"

She turns around, but stops short. I see her gaze wander. She only falters for a second before picking up where she left off.

"-known either way," she says, caution thick in her tone.

I look down at my shirtless torso. So Raven Micheals isn't immune to me. I smirk to myself. She's still a flighty little dove though.

"Like what you see?" I ask, voice void of humor.

She stutters, her face contorting to panic.

"I-you-...the food's ready," she blurts out, grabbing a couple paper plates and plastic silverware.

She loads up omelettes and bacon on both of the plates and slowly slides one in front of me as I take a seat at the counter.

"Sorry for the cheap stuff. I-I wasn't thinking," she shrugs, embarrassment evident in her tone.

I look at the disposable utensils. Just because I'm well off she's embarrassed of her preferences? I furrow my brows, not liking it but not doing anything about it.

"No, I prefer this anyways. It's easier to clean up," I say, taking a bite.

     She looks a little surprised at my lack of care.

"True," she mutters to herself and takes a bite as well.

Goddamn, her cooking is amazing. Little dove is a little chef, huh.

Silence envelopes us for a while as we eat, but I can see her not-so-discreet glances my way out of the corner of her eye. Ire spikes in me and I grind my teeth, rolling everything back.

"Okay you didn't actually break up with Leila, right?" she asks, breaking the silence.

I see her phone blow up with texts probably from her little band of friends. Goddamn, that reminds me to figure out where the hell my phone is. I probably left it in my car since I turned it off to silence Leila's calls and texts.

"I did. And yes, before you ask, I was completely sober," I say, tone void of emotion.

That seems to throw her for a loop.

"What...why? Why would you do that?" she eyes me with the most genuine look of confusion on her face it's actually cute.

She breaks eye contact as soon as she meets my eyes.

"Don't play dumb, Raven. I know you hear our fights and all that shit," I say, taking another bite.

She pauses for a moment and that's all the answer I need. She knows.

"Oh," she says meekly, not looking up once.

"It didn't work. I had a plan, but it didn't work," I say.

"That's not enough and you know it," she claps back, sparing me a side glance and seeming like she regrets the words as soon as they come tumbling out because she shrinks, body tense and immediately on guard.

I roll my eyes.

"I called it quits. It didn't work so it wasn't worth putting up with her shit any longer," I say, casually confessing everything.

She drops her fork, the plastic hitting the paper plate with a thud.

     "So no matter how much you love someone...you're not gonna, you know, fight for it?" she asks, voice soft and placating.

If she thinks I'm some wild animal ready to snap any minute...I shake my head. Of course she thinks that way.

All of a sudden, the moment is broken as a knock sounds on the door. Raven jumps, slipping away to answer the door. I ball my hands into fists on the counter.

"Hello...oh hey...come on in," I hear.

Footsteps approach the kitchen.

"Oh, and Archer's here," she says.

"Archer's what-"

I look to see Grant Spalding enter. Not him again, Jesus Christ. Raven thinks he wants to smash Leila, but everyone knows he wants to smash Raven.

"Where's your shirt?" he asks.

Tensions rise immediately and I can tell Raven notices.

"-as I was saying, Archer-"

"Why are you here?" I ask.

His eyes narrow. Mine mirror his and I lazily cross my arms, silently daring him to try anything.

"I actually know, Raven. Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?" Grant snaps.

I roll my eyes.

"Grant-" Raven starts.

"We broke up," I say, shrugging and enjoying the look on his face.

"Anyways, I'm still on for 2:00 today so can we just talk then?" she asks and turns to Grant, desperation obvious in her tone.

Grant doesn't take his eyes off me as he nods his answer and leaves. Raven follows after him, giving him a few last words and shutting the door.

I lean back against the counter, arms crossed as she comes back in.

"You should probably get dressed and get home?" she says as more of a question, most likely afraid to actually kick me out.

"I'm pretty sure Leila has a few sweatshirts of mine so I can throw one of those on," I say.

"I'll put your sweatshirt in the dryer. I started it in the wash this morning," she says.

That took me by surprise. I know I haven't exactly been the best to Raven, but she's still a decent person.

"Oh, thanks," I say.

"Yeah," she says without making eye contact and leaves.

I sigh, unprecedented anger taking over me as something in me changes. Feelings start to come up—feelings I've long time buried.

• • •

This chapter is shorter, I apologize! I feel like the chapters in Archer's perspective are harder to write so they end up shorter!

Comment your thoughts or predictions for the story!

What do you think Archer's feeling? What's going through his head?

Jasmine Croft xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 11.1K 36
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...
16.8K 537 64
Isabella Harper, a nineteen-year-old, lost her color vision after her sister's suicide. She shut down herself from everyone and remained in her world...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...