Dabbling in Danger

By Plumpsugarplum

He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me... More

Disclaimer
Surprise!
Car Ride
Moved In
Awake in the Afternoon
Ignored
First Day
Pick Up
Her Sister
New Number, Who This?
Lit, Lit
Oh, That's What You Want
In The Kitchen
Shit Luck
Where You Get Those Wings From?
Can I Have You?
Starry Night
Haircut
Boss Man
Chat With Daddy
Happy Birthday!
Young Adult
I Can't Love You
Staying Late At The Office
About Last Night
Puff, Pass, Dash
Chomp Stomp
Dwayne
Don't Stop 'Til You're Caught
Reflection
Disrupted
Chain of Events
Repercussions
Lost
Eyes of The Law
Nothing's Right
Testy
Addicted
Observing
Rainy Night
Bed Then Breakfast
Loose Ends
Don't Leave Me Behind
Caught Up
Pissed
Let's Just Forget
Take Me Home
Woman Troubles
Visitation
Loose Screws
Work It Out
Falling
Dinner With Mother
My Seed
That Extra Step
Lovely Reminder
Only You
Night to Celebrate
Walk On The Beach
Power Trip
Blood Moon
Heads or Tails
Abide
Bound
Deed is Done
Lights Out
Break Down
Let Me Go
Digging My Own Grave
Phone Home
Late Night Toke
Played Like A Fiddle
Warped
Last Chance
All Rise
Can't or Won't?
Fact Check
TV Screen
Unexpected Expectations
Finale
Epilouge

Slipping Up

518 18 6
By Plumpsugarplum

Adeen

I'm losing control.

I don't know how I've kept it together this long, well partially anyway.

Looking back on things, I'll admit I have been a bit out of character lately... I've been so wrapped up on trying to please my wife and Malina, I feel myself spreading too thin. I've got to be more proactive with my plans.

"Adeen?"

I look up from my phone to see Tiana approaching me.

"Yes?"

"What have you got planned for today?"

I shrug, "haven't got much of one right now. Anything you'd like to do in particular?"

She smiles at me, "I'd like some alone time," she comes closer, rests a hand on the back of my neck.

I sigh, take her hand in mine, "we're all on this trip together. It wouldn't be fair to Malina, leaving her all alone."

Tiana scoffs, "we're in a private house on a beach, she probably wants to be left alone! I know I would be, hell she just graduated she probably plans to sneak off and find some party."

I force a smile while shaking my head instead of letting the look of disgust appear.

Tiana lives in such a small world. It's difficult for her to imagine a young adult not whoring around. No, not like her.

"I'll ask her if she'd like to do anything, if she says no, fine we'll go do something."

Tiana crosses her arms, "fine... I didn't realize I could only be with my husband under certain circumstances."

She says this then storms off. Thankfully so, I need time to think.

Malina

"Hey."

I turn around to see Tiana standing behind me, hand against her pelvis area. She still seems off, exhausted for some reason. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I just woke up from a nap, have you seen Adeen?"

"Uh yeah, he left to rent a boat."

"Rent a boat? Mm, I feel seasick just thinking about it."

"You feeling alright?" I ask.

Her hand runs along under her stomach underneath her waistband.

She makes a sour face, "I've been having really bad cramps off and on, been feeling queasy too. I think it might be the meds I'm on, I'm either feeling sick to my stomach or wanting to eat everything I see."

"Want some Tums? I think I saw some in the car."

She sighs, "no I think I'll just lie down again and eat my bag of chocolate 'til he gets back. Let him know I want to talk to him if you see him first."

"Kay," I reply.

Tiana starts walking away and it's only now do I notice she's waddling just a little big.

When she leaves the room I open the sliding door and step out onto the deck.

The warm breeze carries the smell of salt as it goes.

Wow, this is surreal.

I can't believe I'm staying in a house, on the beach! Or that I'm in love with a man who treats me like a princess, and he loves me... Adeen says he wants to marry me... I look down at the ring on my hand, he wants me to be his wife.

My heart starts racing, it doesn't feel real. What if I'm in a dream? Feeling overwhelmed and paranoid I stupidly reach around to my side and pinch myself with my pointer and thumb nails.

"Ooh," I jolt and my phone starts to ring.

"Holã chica!" Sasha says.

"Heey," I answer.

"Trying to meet up later tonight? I feel like we haven't lit up together in a minute?"

The thought of the pungent aroma from marijuana tickles my nose.

"Damn it has been a minute... When I get back, it's going down."

"Get back, where you at bitch?"

I laugh, feeling like I'm on Cloud Nine.

"Adeen rented a beach house out of town, we'll be here for the next few days."

"Well then, I see why you ain't trying to chill with boring ol' me."

I smack my teeth and scoff, "oh please whatever. You know I got you the day we get back."

"Yeah, yeah," she says. "How was grad night for you?"

"Good, uh Tee was there, no drama, didn't trip on stage so that's a plus. We came here right after. What about you? I texted, you musta been too far deep in the turn up."

"Yeah sorry I didn't back to you, Terrance kind of kidnapped me for the night," she giggles. "Remember when I said he was acting weird? He was actually setting up a romantic dinner in the mountains."

I gasp, "that is so sweet!"

"I knoow," she gushes. "And I was so ready to break up with him, but girl, he put together everything, perfectly! He asked my parents' permission, which that right there is impressive on its own. When we drove up the mountain, soft music was playing, rose petals were sprinkled, pillows and blankets set on the grass, he brought a cooler of wine, fruits and sandwiches. Giiirl, I'm telling you, I've never felt that special in my life, this nigga got me spent! We hunched like all night, Lee when I tell you all night, we went from the grass to on top of his car, in his car. Mm-mm-mm!"

"Damn," I laugh. "Well shit I would've ignored me too."

We both go on laughing then my phone starts to beep.

"Oh, let me call you back Sash, Adeen's calling."

"Better call, I got more stuff to tell you," she says then hangs up.

I answer the call from Adeen, "hello?"

"Hey baby," he says and my heart does a flip. "Do you mind doing me a huge favor? I wasn't thinking when I left to get the boat. I should've brought you along so that you could drive the car back. If you just walk up the beach in the opposite direction we went last night you'll approach a jump off dock in maybe half a mile. Get on the main road as if you were to walk down the dock, there's a parking lot there and the car is parked on the far end. I left the keys inside, the doors are locked but you'll be able to unlock it after you download the Onstar app on your phone. I'll text you the information to login."

"Uh, okay," I reply.

Something starts up on his side and he starts to shout to be heard.

"I'm sorry, I should've just thought to ask you to come in the beginning."

"No it's fine," I say reassuringly. "I'll download the app on my way to the dock and if I have any issues, I'll call you."

"Thank you and if I can get out of here any time soon, we'll go on a ride."

Someone starts talking in the background and Adeen says to me, "alright I'm sending you the info now, I love you."

Grin on my face I say, "I love you too," and hang up, starting on my walk.

It took less time than I thought to get to the car. I don't rush to get back to the house, in case it takes Adeen a while, so I sit in the parking lot talking to Sasha again. She feels the need to tell me in detail more about their sex venture.

"I would've conceived his baby if we went on like that any longer."

"Shit, yeah until you told your parents and got your ass whooped."

She cackles, "yo that's child endangerment."

I double over laughing along with her.

"You're a trip," I say.

"Nothin' new bitch. So what yall been doin, basking in the sun, frolicking through the water?" She teases.

I realize I'm now staring at the ring as my hand rests on the steering wheel.

"I've kind of got some biggish news," I say.

"Bitch you pregnant!"

"Hell no," I answer.

I almost get offended, but then considering what we were just talking about, there's no wonder why she jumped to that conclusion.

"My bad, go on," she says.

"Adeen um, he gave me a promise ring... He says he wants to marry me when all this is over with Tiana."

"Wow," Sasha says almost inaudibly. "He said that?"

"Yeah," I say, still kind of in shock about it myself.

I hear her breathing on the line then she sighs, "do ya'll love each other?"

"I'm so in love with this man it hurts," I admit.

"But does he love you too, does he say it?"

"All the time," I say confidently.

"Then that's all that matters."

We both fall silent for a while, then I suddenly feel pressured by the time.

"Well I'm going to start driving, I'll hit you up later," I announce.

"Okay," and she hangs up.

I don't know why, but I feel worse after telling Sasha about it... That's not really the reaction I was looking for, I didn't want to be questioned, I wanted excitement.

But instead of mulling over it any more, I push the thoughts to the back of my mind and get on the road.

When I pull into the driveway and go inside, Adeen is standing at the stove. I walk up behind him, he turns around and has a finger to his mouth, shushing me. I stop short, but he reaches toward me, grabs me around the waist and bends me backwards kissing me. I can't help but giggle and place a hand against his cheek. He sets us upright and whispers in my ear.

"Tiana still isn't feeling well. I'm making her some soup, trying to get her to lie down and once she's situated we'll go out on the water."

A whimper sounds from the hallway and we jump away from each other just as Tiana enters the kitchen.

"I'm going with yall," she says. "I went to sleep early last night, I'm not spending all day in bed too."

Adeen sets his spoon down, "are you sure that's a good idea? You said you were feeling nauseous, I don't know if you'd enjoy-"

"Adeen stop coddling me! I want to go, I want to be a part of this, if I throw up, so what? I'll keep it out of the boat."

She appears pale and I don't even know how that's possible.

"Will you at least eat some soup before we go?"

"I'll eat afterwards," she says defiantly.

Adeen shakes his head and cuts the stove off, "I just finished cooking it. Sit down, I'll make you a bowl and by the time you're done I'll have everything we need for the boat."

"Fine," Tiana pouts and huffs herself to a seat.

It's like watching an unruly child be scolded by their father. Tiana's so fucking juvenile. Why the hell does she want to ruin all the fun for Adeen and I? Guess nothing's changed, she still has that, me me me mentality.

Unable to stand around and watch her cling to him, I return to the room, pissed.

I don't get it... Am I being played? Is Adeen really just wanting the both of us? What if he's whispering and gifting her shit when I'm not around?

That's it, I'm not going. I'll be damned if I'm going to be a third wheel.

"Fuck," I cry out and let the tears flow.

I am a fool...

Maybe twenty minutes go by, I'm close to falling asleep out of boredom when a loud crash sounds downstairs.

"Adeen!" Yelps Tiana.

I jolt out of bed and shoot down the stairs.

I get downstairs to see Tiana collapsed on the floor at the glass door, Adeen standing over her.

"What happened?" I ask, drawing nearer.

Adeen helps her to her feet, Tiana sways, threatening to collapse again.

I hurry over and almost slam my feet into the shattered glass on the floor. I falter back, stepping in the running pool of soup.

Adeen sharply turns to me, stress heavy on his face.

"Honey," he says to me. "I'll take care of this, please, there's glass everywhere, go back upstairs."

He's breathless as he speaks, hiking Tiana's arm around his neck and an arm tight around her waist.

"I'll put on shoes and come help you."

"No!" He nearly shouts, then he backtracks. "J- just please Malina, let me clean and I'll come get you when I'm done. Okay?"

I don't reply, I only look at him. I've never seen him so disoriented and unnerved.

He turns to me, "do you understand?"

Taken aback I nod, "yes, I understand."

"Now go," he orders.

I do as I am told.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.4K 1.1K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

684K 20.5K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...
295K 9.9K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
3.5K 160 31
Malia Rivers. Her family life was great. She had the life everyone dreamed of until her mom caught her dad with another woman. Of course her mom got...