Dark Side

By talkatyourownrisk

Sophie is a vampire and has been since the 1500s. Her brothers and herself attend a local high school where s... More

Dark Side - Chapter One
Dark Side- Chapter Two
Dark Side- Chapter Three
Dark Side- Chapter Four
Dark Side- Chapter Five
Dark Side- Chapter Six
Dark Side- Chapter Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Eight
Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)
Dark Side- Chapter Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Eleven
Dark Side- Chapter Twelve
Dark Side- Chapter Thirteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen
Dark Side- Chapter Sixteen
Dark Side- Chapter Seventeen
Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen
Dark Side- Chapter Nineteen
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty One
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty One
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Four
Dark Side -Chapter Thirty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Forty
Dark Side- Chapter Forty One
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Three
Dark Side- Epilogue

Dark Side- Chapter Ten

1K 25 1
By talkatyourownrisk

Yay! Double Digits!!! Happy chapter 10 ;) Anyways Enjoy and thanks for reading:

My morning started off crappy. The clouds in the sky blocked the sunrise as did the constant feeling of Samson watching me. If he wasn't my brothers friend I swear he'd be dead, little purvey guy. Second reason for a crappy day- all my bras were in the washer excluding the one Darrin had used for a jock strap once. Why is he so weird? Chills ran up my spine as I pulled that bra on, trying to ignore the fact that something that had been on his personal space was now on mine. I mean had it been anyone not related to me it wouldn't have mattered as much, but c'mon it's just gross. So I decided I was going to go with an 'I don't care' attitude I pulled on baggy roots track pants and a baggy shirt.  I styled my hair in a messy bun and was at the door waiting.

"Hey sis." Darrin cooed

"Morning Soap." Brian followed

"Please tell your friends I do not enjoy being watched all night." I muttered

Darrin and Brian shared a look before they both mumbled yeahs and Okays. We left the house and I took off instantly not slowing until I could see the school. Chloe walked towards me with a wide smile, which quickly turned into a frown when I didn't return it. She asked what was wrong and I brushed it off as being tired. There was only one person I wanted to see. I got my wish as I said bye to Chloe and went to my locker, Wren stood there with a small smile. He opened his arms when he saw me and I ran into them, enjoying the warmth only his body could bring. I liked the moments like this, were I felt like he knew me so well, well enough to know I was feeling crappy and I needed his hug. We stood like that until the bell rang. Wren pulled away linking my arm in his and guiding me towards class. Wren knew enough to let me be in first period, he drew doodles on my back in-between notes. He knows I love the feeling of it, but he gave up about half way through class when it wasn't having any effect on me. Art dragged on the longest, making my mood worse and worse. I swear everyone in that class was trying to bug me. About five of the girls in the corner where gossiping about me and 'why is she dressed like that today? She never wears baggy clothes.' and 'Maybe Wren knocked her up.' I gave them the dirtiest looks possible as did Darrin until they finally shut up. Then there was the male population who were creative enough to come up with names like 'Dired up Soap', 'Baggy Saggy', and my personal favourite, 'Used up Trash.' They all deserved a punch in the face for creativity, except for the guy who made the trash one, I was still trying to make sense of that.

"What's really wrong?" Wren asked outside my second period class.

I smiled for once, "Well besides gaining no sleep, I didn't get to see the sunset or sunrise and there was some perv creeping on me."

"Who?" Wren practically demanded

"My brother's friend Samson." I groaned

"Thee Samson?" He asked

"Yeah." I sighed

I'd told Wren about Samson before, about my feelings towards him. I left out any teasing or anything, I just basically told him he was really annoying. I didn't want Wren to go all Hulk on Samson, well I did but I don't know what would happen. Wren was seriously over protective, but in a cute way. We made our way back to my locker.  More people made rude comments on how I looked. Seriously though? Humans are weird, for one day I look a little down and suddenly I'm pregnant and all this stupid stuff. I didn't even bother neatly putting my things away like I might have normally done, I just opened my locker threw my stuff in and slammed it shut. Wren announced he would treat me to a beautiful lunch under my favourite tree to try to make me feel better and I humbly agreed as he led me outside. He pulled me over to the tree and sat down with me in his lap. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of his heart beat; I smiled as he gently stroked my hair and messaged my back. My smile grew even wider; he was doing a good job of making my day better. He knows I love it when he does this; he gives me the best back messages. I was putty in his hands. We sat in our own little world, no brothers, no drama, just us. I was actually starting to relax a bit.

"Who do you think you are?!" A shrill voice screeched 

My eyes popped open and I cringed. She had one hell of a yelling voice. A girl stomped towards me, her blonde hair all ruffled and her blue eyes positively furious. I felt Wren grow tense underneath me- I was relaxed until now. I seriously can't get one second of relaxation around here. I jumped to my feet, I was ready for whatever this chick was gonna do. She finally reached us and stood in front of me with her arms folded across her chest. Her scent hit me and I felt me fangs sharpen- a werewolf.

"Answer me!" She snarled

"Who do you think I am?" I retorted.

"A lying slut! Were you with my mate?" She yelled

"Who's your mate?" I shrugged; I was never with any werewolves unless they kidnapped me. I looked back at Wren, mouthing 'go get my brothers, she's crazy.' He shook his head, no.

"You know him, I know you do. Don't lie to me." She threatened

This time I turned to Wren and used the full power of my eyes. I told him again, "Go get my brothers."

Wren nodded this time and was off. I looked back at the girl whose arms were now down by her sides. She was trembling.

"You know." She growled

I thought about it for a bit, I've only met one wolf, "Your mate's Ian?" I tried.

"You bitch!" She yelled, I was taking that as a yes.

Her hand flung forward and I caught it before she could slap me. Whoever she was she wasn't the best fighter. I looked at the hand I'd caught. I felt my eyes change into probably neon purple and my fangs grow. This chick seriously pissed me off. I was already having a crappy day and now she's here. Something lashed me across the face and I looked at her other hand. I completely forgot about that one. A snarl escaped my mouth as I caught sight of the smirk on her lips. She may have got me there but compared to me she was a baby.

"You should take what you said back and walk away." I snarled with a bit of a lisp because of my fangs. I was going to give her one more chance

She laughed as she tried to send her foot into my stomach, but again I caught it. This time, learning from my mistakes I swung my left leg out and kicked her leg that was still planted on the ground. She fell over and a growl escaped her as she leapt back on her feet. Her eyes glowed bright red, like someone her turned their tail lights on her mind, and I was surprised she could even stand she was trembling like mad. She tried to punch me in the face and I almost laughed and I ducked under her hand. You would think a pack would teach them how to fight. I dodged another fist as I elbowed her in the stomach which was followed closely by my foot, pushing her back into s tree. Firstly she should learn how to protect herself if she's fighting a vampire. Secondly, it was a very small tree and not my hardest kick. Apparently to her though it was enough to call in for reinforcement, thus I found myself nose to nose with a furious Alpha.

He let out an ear shredding snarl as he backed up then lunged for my side. I jumped over top of him and spun myself around so I was facing him, fangs bared. My brothers both ran outside the double doors and I saw their eyes pop. They wasted no time though, they both jumped into the sea of werewolves with their own fangs out. I turned my attention back to the Alpha as he sent a foot into my rib cage. A heard a crack as I flew back into the ground. My ribs started fixing themselves instantly but man that was gonna hurt tomorrow. I pulled myself off the ground and looked back to where the Alpha had been and my heart sank. I looked over at his new target, Wren.  My boyfriend stood frozen as a growling teenager with pitch black eyes ran at him. I let out a hiss as I sprang forward catching up with the Alpha grabbing his side and flipping him. I tried to keep my face away from Wren so he wouldn't see my elongated fangs and bright purple eyes. I snarled at the Alpha sending kick after kick into any unprotected part of his body, his chin, stomach, groin, thighs. I kept going until he caught my foot and flipped me onto my stomach.  I pushed myself up, flipping over his head as he tried to hold me down (which I kicked as I flipped) and landing behind him. Before he could react I took his feet out from under him and grabbed his arm by the elbow, twisting it back so I could break it if I wanted to.

"Call them off." I growled in his ear.

"Never." He snarled back

I was about to snap his arm when something hit my side. My head reeled as that something pinned me on my back. I opened my eyes to meet bright red ones that were slowly fading to blue. His body stopped trembling and he loosened his grip on me as he starred back at me. My eyes faded back to their bluey purple and my teeth shortened completely. I studied his face, his hair was short, black and messy, his thin nose was surrounded by a beautifully sculpted face. I saw him as a big black wolf. Stopping beside our house. Ian. The whole world seemed to dissolve for a second it was only us. Us and an unbreakable bond. Ian's face moved closer and closer until our foreheads touched, he had his eyes locked on my lips as if trying to decide something.. a silent question we were both asking ourselves.

"Sophie?" A voice asked

I snapped out of our haze and turned my head to look at who spoke. Wren stood there with the saddest look I've ever seen. I looked back at the boy inches away from my lips. He was looking at Wren too; when he looked back at me he pushed himself away. My heart sank even further when I saw his angry expression as he looked at me like I was trash. I turned to look at everyone else; they all stood frozen, watching us. Even my brothers looked over at me with concern. I looked back to Wren as I stood and offered him a weak smile. The tension in the air was clear. He shook his head and started walking away. I wanted to run after him but something stopped me. I looked back over at Ian, he was looking at the ground like he'd just hit a puppy. I noted the girl who started this was balling her eyes out behind him while glaring at me.

"Let’s go." The Alpha commanded.

The bell rang as the wolves all retreated into the forest. The last on to leave was my mate; he gave me one last disgusted look before he ran off. I felt tears start to build up under my eyes and I held them back, my mate hates me, so does my boyfriend. Darrin and Brian were beside me, looking at me and each other with concern.

"You okay?" Brian tried.

I looked over at him, a tear escaping, "I'll meet you at home." I whispered

Brian nodded and pulled Darrin along with him as they ran into the streets. I ran up after Wren, more tears falling as I did. I caught up with him half way to his home.

"Wren I'm-"

"What are you?" He interrupted

"Wh-what?" I stuttered

"What are you?" When I didn't answer he continued, "I saw you back there, you can't hide it. You're a vampire aren't you?"

A worried look flashed across my face that was the second time someone asked that. Only this time I couldn't lie.

"Yes." I sighed

He nodded slowly, realizing that his question was met with an honest answer.

"How? How is that even possible?" Wren murmured

"I'm not sure how it started, but someone changed me years ago and here I am." I explained.

"Who was that? Who was that back there?" He asked

I swallowed, he meant Ian, "An old friend that I'd had a short lived romance with." I lied I didn't want to lose him, not now.

"Didn't look like it." Wren sighed

"I know just please try to forgive me?" I tried with a weak smile and another tear falling.

"I can't." He muttered

I stopped walking and let him go o. More tears fell free and I turned to start going home. This was not the way a mate or boyfriend should make me feel. Hell my mate was a werewolf; there was no way this was going to work. I was screwing myself if I thought even for a second it would. My feet thudded on the sidewalk pavement as I ran, I focused on the sound. trying not to cry anymore. I tried to ignore him, his presence. I didn't need Ian; he didn't even stay with me so why the hell would I talk to him now? My body disobeyed my mind though and skidded to a stop. I spun to face his general direction. Ian stepped out of the small forest and my mind almost shut down because of the sorry look on his face. I quickly realised why though as the Alpha stepped forward, his face was twisted with disgust.

"Stay away from him," He growled, "our pack doesn't need this. We've had enough of your kind. We will not hesitate to kill if you so much as step on our land."

I couldn't bring myself to speak as Ian stepped back into the bush and his Alpha followed. When they were both gone I finally muttered a 'what?' My tough exterior broke and I was sinking onto my knees with tears streaming down my face. Sobs shook my body and I basically lay down on the sidewalk.  If my heart were beating I'm sure I would've shrivelled up in a corner and cried too. I closed my eyes and tried to get the memories of what happened out of my head. It was hard though to forget him, I could feel his hate. I knew that mates could feel each other’s emotions but it shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't feel his gut wrenching hate for every part of me. I hated it, I hated him, I hated myself. What have I gotten myself into?

I felt strong arms pick me up and I kept my eyes closed as the person started carrying me home, I wanted this day to be over

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 24.7K 39
Michelle doesn't want to think about her parents divorce. No more, then she already has. Michelle swears she will never let herself forget what her...
3.4K 108 25
Sophie's life changed three years ago she was coming back from a friends house as her parents drove her home. They suffered a car accident but they'r...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...