✔The Broken Amity [Eric Coult...

By dreamyxstars

COMPLETED (EDIT: In the process of being rewritten! Some of the writing might have you cringing! New chapters... More

Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Epilogue
♥Dear Readers♥
Imagines Request

Chapter Three

15.9K 305 224
By dreamyxstars

After training, I had gone back to the dorms. Quickly changing out of what I had on, I decided to walk around before I unconsciously stumbled across the Chasm. I sit a few feet behind the edge and listen to the peaceful water as it crashes against the wall. After a few minutes, I decided to go back to the dorms.

As I'm walking I drag my fingers across the cool wall, before entering the room and going straight to my bed. Realizing all of the other transfers already asleep. I lay down on the hard mattress and eventually fall asleep.

I awake once again with another nightmare and check the clock, three in the morning. I decide to go ahead and shower, and get dressed. Grabbing some clothes I go over to the shower and turn the water on. I lay the clothes beside the table as I strip, then getting in closing the shower curtain, the only thing giving us some privacy, behind me.

I love the feeling of the hot shower water pouring on my body, it's always really cold here, I'm guessing because the only places that can be somewhat warm are the apartments for official Dauntless members.

After I'm done I turn the water off and look around before fully opening the shower curtains. I quickly dry myself off before getting dressed. I brush my hair out and throw it up in a ponytail, which painfully hurts because it's not fully dried yet.

I walk back into the dorms and check the time again, four in the morning. I find myself walking towards the infirmary, I walk in to see a tired looking nurse running around. She instantly notices me and tiredly smiles at me, which I return.

"Hi, um... Do you think there's anything that could help me sleep at night?" I ask, looking around as I do before finally meeting her eyes again.

"Yeah, sure," she says as she goes to some kind of room, telling me to wait before she does so, "I'm sorry honey, we don't have anything that could help,"

"Oh, okay, that's fine," I answered before sighing, "thank you, though" I smile gratefully.

"Oh, and do you happen to know what time it is?" I question, looking around for a clock.

"Yeah," she glances over at a clock I hadn't realized was there, it blended in with the cave walls though, "five forty-five,"

"Okay, thanks, again," I said before walking off, we usually have to be in the training room by six-thirty, so I might as well go on and have some breakfast, thinking about how I'm just going to have to deal with these nightmares head on.

I walk to the cafeteria and grab yet another muffin, which is becoming a habit. I really should venture out and stop getting muffins, but they're so good.

I take my respectful seat with Raelynn and the Dauntless-born. Oh, and Alex. I immediately take a bite into the muffin. They talk about training and I silently listen before Raelynn turns around.

"I heard you beat poor Alex up," she smirks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"He was asking for it," I answer before Alex pipes up.

"He wouldn't have let you go unless we actually fought," he starts, "Or else he would have himself if we hadn't."

"What do you mean he wouldn't have let her go?" Raelynn asks, "Did she get in trouble?"

"No!" I defend, and Alex sighs before giving me an apologetic look, mouthing the word 'sorry'.

"Kind of..." He whispers, and Raelynn gives him a slap behind the head.

"Rae!" I shout, and she rolls her eyes.

"What did you do?" She asks, and I sit straighter.

"I didn't do anything," I answer, looking her in the eyes.

Technically I didn't do anything.

"Alex, what did she do?" She turns to him, and he winces.

"Do I have to?" He asks, "Just tell her,"

"I did tell her, technically," I say but she gives me a warning look causing me to sigh, "I wasn't paying attention, but I showed him my worth,"

"Who?" She asks, a confused look still on her face.

I pick up my cup with water in it, "Eric," I say quietly into it.

"Who?" She asks again becoming annoyed.

"Eric," I repeat again, only barely making any noises, causing Reagan and Alex to start laughing, I forgot they were here, but I still don't think that Raelynn heard me.

"Alex," she turns to him, and I can't help but wonder how she's got him on such a thick leash. Then it hits me, and I smirk to myself, he likes her, but the look is soon wiped off when I realize he's told her.

"Alex!" I whine, and he shakes his head.

"Sorry, man," he says before shrugging his shoulders.

"Olivia," I wince as she uses my real name, "do you have a death wish or-"

"You know, I really don't want to be late today, I think I heard someone say that today's training is going to be shooting guns, I should get going, bye Raelynn," I answer before hopping up and going to the shooting range, leaving a highly angry Raelynn behind me, and some laughing baboons, Reagan and Zane.

I get there pretty early and pick up one of the guns, aiming it at the target, aiming it at the head of the target, but it goes through what the throat would be. I sigh. Soon the transfers have entered in and I put the gun back, then Eric and Alex walk in.

"Okay, initiates, today we're going to be practicing on your shooting," he says as he picks up a gun, aiming it at the target, it goes straight through the head, where the brain would be, "I want you to be able to hit there by the end of today,"

Alex goes around and throws us each a gun and a box of ammo, and then he assigns us each to our own target, and then eventually telling us we maybe shoot now. I aim my gun at the head, and barely miss the target, not even a centimeter, It lands right on the outline of the person in the target. I look around at everyone else and see that they're all missing the targets head by a lot.

"You can do better than that, initiate," Eric shouts behind me, and I turn around to see who he's talking to when I realize he's right behind me.

"I'm doing better than everyone else," I smart off to him, causing him to glare at me.

"I said, you can do better than that," before walking off, leaving me in confusion.

'What was that about...'

I aim the gun at the target, and I get a bit closer to the head, then again, and I try to aim more towards the center as I possibly can, and it hits where it's mouth should be, again and it's at the person's chin.

"Closer to the brain, initiate," he says and I sigh frustratedly.

I aim the gun at the metal box, already knowing it'll bounce off because some of the other initiates have accidentally hit it, then think what would be the best angle to pull off what I want it to. Once I've decided on the right angle, I'm about to let the bullet fire when I'm cut off by a voice.

"Shoot already, initiate," Eric says, not even looking at me, I guess he doesn't realize what I' doing...

I let the bullet fly, and it skims his arm. Everyone stops to stare as I fully turn around.

"If I wanted for it to have got your arm, I would have let it hit you," I smart off before turning around and aiming at the target, the bullet piercing where the brain would be, luckily because I knew that I couldn't have actually aimed at Eric's arm and it actually pierce his skin, but that's beside the point. Alex gives me a disapproving look, and I immediately know my sister is going to know of this.

"Let's take a bit of a walk, shall we? Training is over after this little field trip," he says, with his menacing smile, and I immediately know I'm going to suffer the consequences. He walks out and everyone follows him he slows down a bit and I immediately know that we're going towards the chasm, and I feel a strange feeling in my gut. Regret? Oh well, I guess.

He puts a hand behind my back which I shake off, he's going to push me, he turns around to face me.

"Do you regret it?" He asks, and I give him a stern look.

"Nope," I say defiantly, and he pushes me over the Chasm, holding my hands, before letting each one grip the bridge.

A gasp of surprise had escaped my mouth as he did, and I hold on as tightly as possible, my knuckles soon turning white.

"If you can hold onto this bridge and not fall into the Chasm for two minutes, I'll forget about that little stunt back there, he crouches down to look at me, which is kind of uncomfortable considering what is basically in my face at this very moment.

I look him in the eyes as I hang over the Chasm, a firm grip lasting me for about a minute, but my hands slip a tiny bit after that minute is over, my palms becoming slightly sweaty, and Eric looks down as they slip just a bit, and something flashes in his eyes I just don't know what. Some of the Dauntless-born have crowded around, and I see Reagan and Zane in the crowd looking at me worriedly, but I just shake my head at them for reassurance.

"The two minutes are up!" Zane shouts, acting like a protective older brother at this moment, and Eric stands up as the two run over here, leaning down to help me back up and over the bridge but Eric stops them.

"She has to get over herself," he says coldly, and I let out a shaky sigh of slight fear.

"The heck she does!" Zane starts, but I cut him off.

"It's fine," I start, attempting to lift myself up and over the bar, weakly raising one leg up and over it, "I can do it,"

I manage to pull myself up over the ledge and stand up weakly, feeling as if I might fall over at any given time, shocked looks coming all around.

"That was for disrespecting a leader," Eric states coldly before stalking off.

"That was sick but what did you do to make him do that?" Reagan asks, eyes still slightly wide as I sit down on the bridge, the transfers slowly flooding out, and I shake my head.

"I uh, almost shot his arm," I let out yet another shaky breath, laying down on the bridge, "On purpose,"

"Dude you're going to get yourself killed!" She exclaims, and I shrug my shoulders.

"I know," I answer, "Does either of you have any water?"

"Yeah, here's mine," Zane answers, handing me his water bottle, and i don't even think about all the germs we're spreading by doing this as I drown the whole water bottle.

"Let's get some dinner, yeah?" I ask before handing the bottle back to him. sending him an apologetic look for drinking all of it.

Q:
Favorite animal?

A:
Probably something exotic, a chinchilla or cat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 83 49
17 year old Delilah became a member of dauntless last year. This new year, she is a leader. One of the initiates-an erudite transfer- has an inkling...
305K 6.4K 35
She has always held the world in her hands. Especially when it comes to Dauntless and everything and everyone in it. She's entitled to it, or so she...
9.3K 166 18
This is a backstory for Eric. I've taken bits and pieces from the Divergent series and also the movie. I also used the book about Four that recentl...
911 73 8
𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ "what if i was just always meant to lose him?" . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ valentina eaton though...