UNFORGETTABLE ||Editing||

By Munaari

Munaar Ahmad is your typical example of a Muslim Fulani teenage girl living her life to the fullest, the way... More

Introduction
#knowing your characters
chapter one๐ŸŒธ
chapter 2๐ŸŒธ
chapter 4๐ŸŒธ
chapter 5๐ŸŒธ
chapter 6๐ŸŒธ
chapter 7๐ŸŒธ
chapter 8๐ŸŒธ
chapter 9๐ŸŒธ
chapter 10๐ŸŒธ
chapter 11๐ŸŒธ
chapter 12๐ŸŒธ
Apologies ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
chapter 13๐ŸŒธ
chapter 14๐ŸŒธ
chapter 15๐ŸŒธ
chapter 16โ™ฅ
chapter 17โ™ฅ
chapter 18โ™ฅ
chapter 19โ™ฅ
chapter 20โ™ฅ
chapter 21โ™ฅ
chapter 22โ™ฅ๏ธ
chapter 23๐Ÿ–ค
chapter 24๐Ÿ–ค
chapter 25๐Ÿ–ค
chapter 26๐Ÿ–ค
chapter 27 ๐Ÿ–ค
chapter 28๐Ÿ–ค
Chapter 29๐Ÿ–ค
Chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32

chapter 3๐ŸŒธ

622 78 7
By Munaari

A/ N : dear lovelies.....Munaari is here with another chapter.....it's not really , much but I just thought lemme write something instead of keeping you guys waiting😚....
Read.Vote . Comment. Share
I love you ❤  🌸 😂

Soundtrack: Cold water, Justin Bieber.
☆☆☆☆

We woke up to the fajr(morning prayer) adhan (call to prayer). We took turns in performing ablution, then  we prayed fajr groggily and we took our baths in turns, dressed up in our uniforms, yeo! they came over with their uniforms.

It was Wednesday, which meant two days to the wedding, my wedding.

We had breakfast... Maami made vanilla and chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips and caramel sauce, It was yummy. I paired mine with strong rich dark coffee, the girls had theirs with hot chocolate and some with warm milk. I love my coffee.

We hastily brushed through our books and browsed some topics up. Alhamdulillah we were writing our last paper, and it wasn't not much of a subject, trade. I mean who reads for trade?! it's like the same thing they teach since Ss1-ss3.....so it didn't require much reading.

I stuffed some candy and chocolate bars from the fridge into my camouflage backpack and a bottle of coke each for the girls.

I called an Uber for us and we were soon on our way to school.

We texted the guys and told them we were on our way and quickly we were out of the estate. Hafsah and Maryam were quarreling, apparently Maryam accidentally stepped on her foot, oh these girls!

I turned the radio on, and Cardi B's Bodak yellow was blaring and we sang along.

Hello b***h you can f*** with me, if you want to.......

The song kind of vamped me up for school.

We arrived at the school and we all hopped out and entered the scool on foot and met up with the guys. We had some gist, then it was time for the exam. We settled in the exam hall and the papers were shared and we began...It was quite easy.

After like thirty minutes I was done and it still wasn't submitting time so I started the usual...yhup! doodles.

I make up ship names for me and ali.....

Mali.....Munali.....Alimunaar.....

Then I crossed it all off.....since we were no longer together*shrug*

Munour......yuck! It didn't even make sense or rhyme well....oh lord.

I felt like someone was looking at me so I looked up and we clocked eyes with him.....Ali....

I smiled and him and he winkes and I blew him a kiss....I mean c'mon,  we are still friends right?

right?

He pretended to catch the kiss and I blushed.

He placed it just above his heart.....

awww, too bad bruh(ha!)

After an hour we were free to submit our papers. So we did that and head out. We went to our favourite hanging out area in the school andwe gist,ate,  snapped selfies and portrait pictures on Sayyed's new iPhone X. We snapped loads of pics and the juniors signed our shirts being our last day at secondary.

We decided to call it a day and we divided ourselves into  three groups. Some went in Sayyed's Dad's range rover, Some go on haydar's brother's lexus and me and Nanah went in Ali's c63 AMG.

Nanah rode shotgun while I say alone in the backseat.

We listened to dusk till dawn by sia and zayn, and we sang to it, me doing all I could to annoy them by using a very stupid voice, I mean I have a nice singing voice but you know me nah *smirk*

We stopped at coldstone and we bought icecream, then we hit the road for home. The guys dropped us girls at my house and they left.

We went into the house and greeted Maami and the visitors that were still around, all my sisters and brothers had returned to their houses yester night, so it was just us and some visitors.

We watched TV, played FIFA while the henna artist did the girls henna....We snapped loads of pictures and posted them on our joint IG account.

After having so much fun, we went to the backyard and sit on the gazebos listening to music and planning our lives thinking and sharing ideas on how we were going to live before admission comes out Alhamdulillah, none of us was going to resit JAMB, we all nailed it.

Maami came out of the kitchen door and motiones for me to come. She said  Baffa wanted to have a talk with me. The time I had been dreading had come. I'd been dodging him and avoiding his calls since yesterday.

I told the girls I'd be back soon then sprinted to my room and drake's a bug hijab over sleeveless dress I was wearing. I went to his private palour and said my salam before turning the door knob. The strong scent of Bakhour and Air con bombarded my nostrils.

"Assalam alaykum Baffa" I said and squatted down by his foot. He was sitting on his favourite armchair, with a tray of tea on a stool by his side and a newspaper in his hands, His gold rimmed glasses perched on his nose. He was a sight to behold and the I was angry at him...I still loved my dad.

"Waalaykissalam boddoji am (my beautiful) how have you been....noi school?"

"Jam baffa" I said and lowered my head and began tracing the design of the lush turkish carpet with the tip of my fore finger.

"Toh good, I haven't been the best father lately koh?" He paused "I'm so sorry about that, please find a place in your heart to forgive your lovely father...."

"Haba Baffa, don't say such....I know whatever you did,  you had a reason and I know you will never do anything hurt me..." I said.

"No Munaari am, allow me to apologise. I am feeling so guilty and ashamed of myself...No father behaves as I did" he said and kept the jarrida (newspaper) beside him on a stool focusing on me.

"No Baffa...I have no problem and I am not holding a grudge"

The voice in my head changed

Liar liar hijab on fire!!!!

"After all you are my superior...I just want to know the reason behind all this" I said two teardrops rolled down my face.

"I knew you'd ask this question, you see, Munaar...a long time ago....

Alhaji Bagoni Ngabura and I were course mates at school and we were best of friends and roommates. We both graduated with flying colours in architecture....One day, we both promised to strengthen our relationship, we promised to unite both families through marriage, after years, we got married to our respectable wives...and when you were born, we knew it had to be you, we promised to get you married to Muhammad Nour, but we didn't plan it this soon.....we planned when you were done with university,  by then he would have a secure job and both you two will be ready for marriage, but Allah's will wasn't like that,  he planned a different future. With the years, Alhaji Bagoni,  got diagnosed with cardiac cancer. And his days are numbered so we decided to fulfil our promise before death takes its toll on him.......

I hope you understand this munaar,  this is the reason" he finished with a heave of his chest.

He picked his now cold teacup and took  a sip. His eyes were wet, subhanallah!  My Baffa was crying. The strong Baffa! Oh Allah. Seeing him cry breaks my heart. Gaskiya the situation isn't good toh. Because seeing him cry IS something!!! Fulani parents NEVER breakdown, and never in front of their children.

"So we're doing it for him...to fulfil his wishes before he dies" There he broke into louder sobs and I found myself standing up to hug him... I'd never seen him like that, I stayed, comforting him till he quietened down. I filled up his teacup and gave it to him.

It was then that I realized and understood the reality of the situation.
May Allah ease it for us.

"Baffa it's okay, I understand perfectly and Insha Allah I am all for it, I agree to marry him on my own accord, at least so he dies a happy man" I said  baffa holds my face in his hands and kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you so much my dear, I am so proud of you, I knew you will understand, and I am counting on you. I am sure you won regret your decision, Nour is a good boy. Allah ya baku zaman lafiya, may Allah bless your marriage...Insha Allah your life will be full of alkhayri...Allah ya miki albarka (Allah bless you).

"Thank you baffa, Ameen, nagode"

"And all the necessary arrangements have been made beforehand, we have been planning since two months ago, furniture, clothes, kitchen ware and all...but if you need anything, I will assist you all I can,any extra shopping you might want to do, or clothes, any thing you want I will give your maami my card and you a can go shopping. Jango be wadda tey kayan lefe ma (they are bringing the bridal gifts to orrow)"

"Toh baffa nagode. Inshaallah,  I won't let you down" I said  with a bright smile.

"I know you won't...and I know Muhammad Nour, as I said, he is a good child and he will not hurt you,  you are in good hands...inshaallah"

"Yes insha Allah Baffa, can I go?"

"Yes dear, The driver is going to take you shopping with your friends...be back before 10 dai.....and via goggo fadimatu's house at jabi and tell her about the kayan lefe. "

"Yes...sure baffa...bye"

I said and left the room. This conversation with my father ought to be the longest I have ever had with him. And it left me feeling very warm and fuzzy in the inside.

I weny straight to Maami's room and relate all that happened to her. She also apologise for everything and I hugged her saying all was going to be well.

"Toh you better get going. Go and get ready andgreet hajja fadimatu for me" Maami said.

So I went the back garden and told the girls...

"Hey girls! Guess what!?!"

"What?" They say in unison.

"We are going SHOPPING! ?!!" I say...knowing they were going to love it...we are all shopaholics.

"Oh my God! " Nanah squealed

"Ohmigosh ohmigosh!" ladeefah and Hafsa started jumping like kangaroos in crack.

So we went upstairs to my room and start getting ready for the shopping spree we were going to.

Nanah wore a simple red and black stripy jumpsuit with a black veil turban style.  She wears her black Ray Ban nerdy glasses and zero makeup, with her black Nike trainers.

Hafsah donned on a peach wrap top with a white palazzo, and a black veil which she manouvered into a gorgeous head wrap  She glossed her lips and applied neon eyeliner. And her feet in white tombs.

Maryam just wore a black sleeveless dress with turquoise kimono atop, with a black veil turban style and a black backpack, and red lipstick and  black flats

Ladeefah looked gorgeous in the burgundy maxi skirt which enhanced her curvaceous form with a white shirt and a black hejab, with her dark ray ban and a white slippers she was good to go

And I just threw on a black buttondown shirt with a and denim pencil skirt, a black turban and a black sneakers I wear a neon yellow beltbag and zero makeup.

We sprayed a haram amount of perfume and snapped more mirror selfies on my vanity glass. And more on the console at the corridor and even more downstairs (we're crazy for pictures, incase you didn't notice) We bid Maami bye and we all hop into Baffa's tinted G550-Brabus

Maryam sat on the front seat cuz she was the biggest ..you know what I mean bahh.

*Wink wink*

Then we...four of us... squeezed ourselves in the back...The driver turned the stereo on and becky G,  shower was on....we sang  out loud to the song and well...

Some more  snaps.

The driver kept shaking his head and muttering under his breath.

We went to a  nearby mall and did  some crazy shopping then after dropping our bags in the car, we went to a new icecream  palour and had some yummy heaven in a tub.

We snapped more selfies...like gazillions of them.

We bought new phone cases, headphones, just useless stuffs dai.

And the fact that we weren't guilty.

Smh.

Nana and I were walking down an aisle in the mall when we saw Nour...yh, you guessed right! my husband to be with...

His sister, Ashe.

Ashe was one of my best friends, up until junior secondary school, but something happened and she left our group and joined the bellas; you know,  those stupid rich abuja girls squads.

Yhh, you get the gist.

So she left our group and became one of our arch enemies and she would do anything to agonize and antagonize us.

How I am to cope with being her sister in law, I don't know.

So apparently, they were also shopping and we ran in to them, we tried to  make a turn but she'd already seen us...

"Hey....wait up! sisters" she called,  her voice was dripping with sarcasm. She caught up with us, flaunting her iPhone X.

"What do you want Ashe? "Nanah asked with a fake sweet voice.

"Just wanted to say hi, y'know, to my sister in law...nothing much"she said with a shrug and dismissing Nana with a demeaning look.

I fekt like strangling her, how dare she look at my best friend like that?

"Hi.....and.......bye" I said practically dragging Nana from the aisle....A hurt look on her face. Leaving Ashe standing dumbfounded.

"Umm, babe, you shouldn't let her get at you so cheaply....smile" I said squeezing Nana's shoulder.

"Hm....I am  not hurting for my sekfbyiu duffus! How are you going to cope with that thing?" Nanah said.

I shrugged and continued walking with my head down scrolling through my instagram feeds. When I bumped into something. Rather, someone.

I looked up. Oh great it's a guy!

*note my sarcasm *

I started preparing to yell at him but I saw a face I knew. It was no other than, King of all a******s, The great Muhammad Nour Ngabura himself.

On his face was a hard to tell expression. But damn did he look great, with a dark blue  jeans and a black polo shirt and his ear pods on.

Get a grip on yourself girl!!!

My subconscious warned.

He looked like he wanted to say something but he stopled himself and glared at me.

What is wrong with this one?!

I shoot him my own famous glare and he smirked.

The bigheaded ant.

I scowled and he chuckled shaking his head and making way for himself to leave...He left me standing with a scowl on.

What just happened?!

We met up with the girls and we continued our shopping and I tell them about our encounter with Nour and Ashe Ngabura. The girls being girls started to make silly noises and I just walked ahead of them...we at last piled into the car and put our tons of shopping bags into the car trunk.

The driver looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there with us. I mean, even I pity him.

I told him  to take us to Jabi... Goggo fadimatu's house.

*****

Well, well, well.

What in the world of arrange marriage to assholes happened there?!? 

I personally love how the story is unfolding.
So Munaar is finally at terms with the marriage. God bless her crazy soul. And get friends, what a crazy assortment of young ladies.
Lemme not cika you with surutu, till we meet next chapter.
Love you loads!!!

Vote, Comment, Share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521K 39.2K 55
Aisha Bilal is 22years old. She has been in love with Sulaiman, and they planned on getting married only for him not to show up on their wedding day...
517K 25.1K 42
[EDITING] "Can you... marry my brother?" "Your brother, Ibrahim? But... Isn't he married?" I recall the conversation we had before. "He was, but he...
193K 14.2K 43
A halal modern love story of 2 Muslims trying to heal themselves from their pasts and move forward as better people. Cyra recently moved to Paris wit...
15.3K 824 66
Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out that her younger sister is secretly marrie...