Sunrise

By DellaKitt

On the surface Erika Lima has it all - a successful career, money, glamour, and gorgeous men. But Erika Lima... More

Chapter 1: The Adventure Begins
Chapter 2: Rebound and Regrets
Chapter 3 - Cajun la Pine
Chapter 4: Seafood and Snogging
Chapter 6 - Suntan Express
Chapter 7 - Beach Confessions
Chapter 8 - Roller Coaster of Emotions
Chapter 9 - Flight of Feeling
Chapter 10: One Month Later
Chapter 11 - Destination Despair
Chapter 12 - Reunion
Chapter 13 - A Wurst Case Scenario
Della's Delights - A Retro Sketchbook

Chapter 5: Candied Seals

134 8 2
By DellaKitt

The rest of lunch was a lot less tense, we talked about the usual things: our lives, politics, the weather, just about anything. It was clear we were starting to really get comfortable around one another. The sun was still blazing hot above, casting everything in a bright glow and heavy shadows. By the end of our meal, we were enjoying the scenery and finishing our drinks. Alcatraz in the distance with the Golden Gate off to the left, it almost looked like a postcard. It all seemed to go so nicely... Until a seagull flew at the window and startled Adrian. Ginger ale spilled onto his shirt as he let out a yelp, followed by a hard stare at the dumb-looking bird standing outside the window.

"Fick..." He then muttered in German, patting his soaked shirt with his napkin.

I nearly spit out my coke, snorting and coughing in-between my laughter. "Pfff! Holy shit!" I covered my mouth in an attempt to mask my loud laughing, but it clearly wasn't working. A few giggles from the other patrons told us that I wasn't the only one who had seen.

"You saw nothing!" Adrian frowned slightly, motioning to the bird with his hand as he muttered, "Go away, you ruined my date!"

I continued to laugh, clapping my hands in the process, tears stinging my eyes. I nearly fell out of my chair and it was another good five minutes or so before I managed to calm down somewhat. "Heh, that was the best thing ever! Shame about the shirt though."

"Christ, I hope no one managed to get that on video..." Adrian grumbled to himself.

"But that way this moment will be preserved forever," I pointed out which was met with another grumble of annoyance. I only laughed again as the waiter returned with the bill. I was tempted to get dessert, but salt water taffy was waiting for me. Casually, I picked up the bill to look at the damage. Holy shit, $80. Well, that wasn't too bad, but I made a mental note that this man had expensive tastes in food... And women.

"It's ok." Adrian said, reaching out for the check with one hand, "I have this one."

"Oh baby, but you're the guest," I purred.

"I insist." he continued, lightly gripping the check tray.

"Fine..." I decided to let him have his man-moment and let go of the tray.

My date nodded and handed the check and his card to the waiter, turning back to me and saying, "The food was very good though; thank you for showing me this place."

"Any time, Addie." I smiled gently. He raised a brow at me, but nothing more. "Wait until you have the taffy though." I added, "It's like having 50 orgasms."

"It's laced with aphrodisiacs?" Came his literal reply.

"No, but it certainly feels like it."

After Adrian's card returned to him, we took our leave. I noticed a few people giggling as we walked past, probably laughing at what happened earlier with the seagull. I look over and Adrian's cheeks are tinged with a trace of pink and an embarrassed frown on his face. It's so cute... and funny. But it's clear his mood has clearly soured, and I know just the thing to bring him back. As we exited, we were again hit with an intense wall of heat that constantly pressed on us as I led the way to the taffy shop.

"It just never ends!" Adrian called over the crowd of people.

"Too hot for you, Addie?" I asked, with a look of amusement. Time to throw my plan into action! "Because if you're so overheated, maybe I shouldn't do what I had in mind."

"What did you have planned?" He wondered, genuinely curious.

"This!" I rested my hands on his face, taking a moment to caress the delicious contours of his chiseled cheeks before pulling him down to capture his lips with my own. I wasn't soft about it either as I kissed him long and hard with a heated passion that had been building within me since before the date had started.

A muffled cry of surprise escaped him; he wiggled slightly for air, putting his hands on my shoulders for support, before tilting his head and really getting into it. I was not expecting him to react so quickly nor was I expecting anything outside of shock and possible horror. But he was making me see fireworks. Who was this guy? First, he was quiet and reserved and then he's fighting against me in a game of tongue hockey. Maybe he's just as spontaneous as I was? Or maybe it was the heat, or maybe there were two sides of him... I didn't know at the time for I was too lost in the moment.

He pulled me closer against him and I moaned in reply as we became lost in our own little world, paying the people around us no mind. In my mind, I was just providing another show. My tongue danced with his, my left hand leaving his face to get at his hair. It was somewhat messy anyway; surely, he wouldn't mind. And if he did well... I really didn't care.

Adrian soon broke the kiss, panting for air as he looked at me. He stared at me breathlessly, seemingly both shocked and wowed at the same time. A small grin formed, and he then said, "You... You are crazy... I actually kind of like that."

"I've been told that many a' time in the past, but not in the way you just said it." I let out a content sigh, "But, I'm glad you like it." If things kept going the way they were, we were gonna end up fucking before the day was out. I was sure of it. I had forgotten all about the taffy as I pulled him in for another round, a more PG-13 version of what had just went down only seconds ago. But soon the smell of sugar hit my senses and I pulled away. Taking his hand into my own, I led Adrian across the way towards the candy shop and home to the best damn salt water taffy the world had to offer.

"Time to get fat!" I announced.

The place was crowded, as per usual, filled with adults and children alike partaking on the goodies around the store. Barrels of taffy rested at either side of the entrance with more in the middle. Already knowing what to do, and what I wanted, I grabbed a nearby woven basket and began to collect the sticky gold. The fruity ones are the best, everyone knows that, but I also nabbed a handful of the cotton candy flavor and a few peppermints. I glanced up at my date who had found the adult section of the store. You know, with candy underwear and dicks, and stuff. With a grin, I motioned my way over to see what he was eyeing up.

"Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

The tall German looked at me with a mix of what could only be read as confusion with a hint of horror. "Why do you have candy underwear?" he asked, "And why are there giant, phallic shaped gummies?"

I shrugged, "That's San Francisco for you." I spotted a pair of candy-necklace typed undies for men and pointed at it. "Thinkin' of getting yourself a pair?"

"Absolutely not," he replied sternly.

"For me?" I pointed at the bikini version.

"You wouldn't even fit that."

"Hey!" I frowned at him, taking offense. I mean he was probably right, but hey!

"What?" Adrian looked at me innocently, "You are..." he used his index fingers to make an outline of a woman with considerably large bust and hips, compared to her waist. "That is not a bad thing; I just don't find picking up scatted bits of candy sexy. That and I don't see the point of bringing food into the bedroom."

"You don't know what you're missing, but you'll see." I arched a sexy brow at him before going back to my taffy gathering.

By the time it was time to pay the cashier I had about two baskets worth of taffy, a small haul for what I normally do. As I exited, Adrian was waiting for me, standing stoically like a guard at their post. The waning sunlight hitting him in all the right places, giving a splash of color to an otherwise colorless palette, it makes me think back to what he had said earlier.

"You're colorful."

I wondered if there was more to that. He greeted me with a warm smile before noticing the two bags in my hand. I smiled back at him, "Gotta save up for winter you know? So, what should we do now?"

Adrian shrugged at me, "What is there to do?"

"Besides eat and shop, that's kind of it. I mean, there might be an Alcatraz tour we can probably make - -"

He quickly cut me off, "No, thank you. I'd like to enjoy our time together."

"But the architecture!"

"I'll pass."

"Wanna see the sea lions?"

He blinked at me, "See the what?"

The sound of honking "arf, arf, arf" could be heard as we neared the left side of the pier. People gathered all around to see the several dozens of fat, floppy seadogs do... well, nothing really. They mostly slept and sunbathed, with a few swimming around, looking for a free spot among the crowded planks. I noticed one just floating in the water as if it were dead. Huh...

We managed to squeeze in up front to get close to the not-action. Adrian rested his arms against the slanted wood railing as he quietly observed the fat, brown animals. "I've never seen so many in one spot before..." he muttered.

"Not in an urban area anyway." I added, sliding up next to him. Watching the sea lions somehow reminded me of my family. There was a big fat one; I assumed was the leader, lying down trying to sleep as a smaller one did its best to cuddle up to it. They reminded me of my parents; Mom always pressing Dad's buttons. There was a pair nearby fighting; yup, that's Edith and Elena. And that dead looking one was Ella, purposely out of the way and wanting to stay invisible. That or no one bothered to notice her, one of the two.

"What's your family like?" I asked suddenly.

"Small." He answered quietly, "Even more so since there are just the two of us now."

My features softened, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine."

I pressed my lips together as I contemplated, "I always wanted to start a family. I dreamed of being a mom since I was young. What about you? Any plans for children?"

"I'm not opposed to the idea. I just don't know if I'd be good at it."

I smiled a little, "The fear of every parent, I'm afraid. You won't know until you find out." I checked my phone, "I should get going; I have to go feed the cat."

"I'll walk you back." He offered.

"Are you sure? It's about a 2 mile walk back to the station."

"I think I can manage." His hand found mine and he laced our fingers. The seemingly small change in gesture spoke volumes to me. My breath hitched for a moment as something more carnal began to stir from its deep slumber within.

The bay breeze had kicked up and the fog has rolled on in once we reached the beginning of the Embarcadero. I shivered a little, wishing I had brought a coat. Adrian seemed unfazed by the change in temperature; hell, he probably welcomed it. He pulled me into a warm embrace and I couldn't help but return the favor. I felt so content and safe in his arms; I wanted to stay there forever, with the Bay Bridge glittering off to the side.

"Thank you for today," he told me. "I enjoyed it."

"Same," I agreed, though my tone was a bit sad.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

I eagerly answered with a loud, "Yes!" He wanted to see me again, yay! "I'll text you when I get home and we can find something to do."

"Alright then," Adrian smiled down at me kindly, "I will eagerly await your message." No more time was wasted as he lifted my chin to claim my lips. I clung to him almost desperately, even though I knew I was going to see him again. It had only been a day and this man already had an effect on me. I dare say I was falling in love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402 30 31
***A time travel romance.*** This novel can be read as a standalone book, even though it is the first book in the 'Barriers of Time' series. At 21, D...
8.5K 724 32
PREMISE: Holding on to the last hope, a man makes a wish on his 30s birthday that brings him unexpected love, but that wasn't all, pain came along wi...
43.7K 1.5K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
7.1K 243 70
Siya Mehra is all stuck in her marriage with a short tempered and abusive husband. Life has never been easy for her, rather, it's been hell; the only...