On the Court #Wattys2015

Por themoneb

The color of his skin didn't matter. With his heart on his sleeve and panty-melting smile, she fell for him... Mais

On the Court
CH 1: Coffee shop soundtrack
CH 2: Cheer Shorts
CH 3: Wolfpack!
CH 4: Just a New Year's Eve party
CH 5: Our Hang Out
CH 6: Feeling Used and Confused
CH 7: Wilmington Blossoms
CH 8: The New Things
CH 9: A Year Older A Year Wiser
CH 10: Assumptions
CH 11: My First
Ch 12: The Story Begins
CH 13: A Visit
CH 14: It's Time
CH 15: The First Year
CH 16: The Third Year
CH 17: The Fifth Year (part one)
CH 18: The Fifth Year (part two)
CH 19: The Fifth Year (part three)
CH 20: Another Go
CH 21: To Gain And Lose
CH 22: A Valentine Love
CH 24: To Stir and Let Sit
Epilogue
Extra: The Other Generation
Extra: Happy Father's Day
Extra: Growing Pains
Extra: It's Not Always Sunny
Extra: Can't Leave It Alone

CH 23: A 'Yes' Would Suffice

2.4K 79 17
Por themoneb

"Never have I ever.... Hmm."

"Hurry up."

"Shut up. Never have I ever been pregnant three times," she smiled.

"That's the worst one yet!" he exclaimed.

"Baby, I'm bored and tired. Can we just go home?"

Toni and Darren have been waiting half an hour for the appointment. Toni couldn't even blame the staff because it was all Darren's fault. He was so anxious that he dragged her there nearly an hour early.

"We're already here."

Toni rolled her eyes, "The things I do for you."

"But you love me anyways," he grinned.

"Sadly," she teased.

A lady walked in with a little carrier holding an even smaller baby. Toni was happy to see the newborn just because she missed when Joseph was that small. She barely had a bump, but she couldn't wait to see her little one. Darren was ten times more elated.

"How old is he?" Toni asked, guessing it was a boy by the blue blanket.

"Two weeks."

"He's so cute. Looks just like you." Of course, the baby looked like a potato--a cute potato--but every parent would want to hear that their baby looked like them.

"Thank you. And I'm guessing you're pregnant. How many months?"

"Three."

"I bet the morning sickness has hit you hard," the woman lightly laughed.

"I actually haven't had any yet."

"Well, you're lucky. My fiancé had to hold my hair back the first month of my pregnancy. Is this your first?"

Toni shook her head, "My second."

"Rivera," a lady called from across the waiting room.

"It was nice talking to you," Toni smiled to the woman with the baby.

"You too."

Toni and Darren made their way to the office, being led by the nurse, and were seated to wait for the doctor.

"Um...on my paper, it says Rivera? It should say Allen," she asked the nurse before she could leave.

"Might as well be Rivera," she heard Darren mumble. She ignored his statement and continued to look at the nurse, trying to battle the blush that traveled up her neck and face.

"Sorry about that. We had your husband here fill out the form before the appointment. If you'd like to change them we can get that fixed right away."

Toni sighed and decided to leave it alone.

The nurse left and Toni looked at Darren. "You have to stop doing that."

"Doing what?" he asked, as if he didn't know what she was talking about.

"It was cute when it was Starbucks cups but now this is ridiculous."

"How?"

"We're at a doctors office, Darren."

"The baby will have my last name so you might as well have it to."

A frown dropped onto Toni's face and she looked down at her lap. "You haven't even asked me" she murmured. Just as Darren was going to say something else the doctor came into the room.

"Good afternoon, you two."

"Hi Dr. Sully," Toni said, plastering on a smile for her long-time doctor. "Nice to see you again."

"You too, Antonia. You seem to come visit me often," she teased, then turned to Darren. "Hi, I'm Dr. Sully."

"Darren."

"Nice to mee you." She turned to Toni and staged whispered into her ear, "He's cute."

Toni playfully rolled her eyes and bit at her lip while Darren softly laughed.

"So, you must be excited, yeah?" The doctor asked. Toni nodded. Sully added, "I remember when you first came in here, young Toni," she giggled.

"I also remember."

"Well let's hope there'll be many more reasons for you to visit," she smiled, nodding towards Toni's tummy.

***

"I'm fine, Darren," Toni snapped. Darren was starting to annoy her. He was always in her face asking her questions and she was too irritated to answer. Like right now helping her down the stairs. She was pregnant, not fucking crippled. She didn't need his help.

"You nearly just fell up there."

"But I didn't, right?"

She didn't want to sound so bratty but her emotions were everywhere. She was nearly five months along and Darren was like a mama bear. So protective. This made this the worst day to move in. Toni was already stressed about the movers ripping up her comforters and walking all through the house, she couldn't take anymore.

Once she was fully down the steps she took a deep breath and looked at Darren. "I need you to give me fifty feet. Seriously. I'm gonna go take a bath and if anyone comes and bothers me--if the damned dog even scratches at the door-- I'm blaming you."

His eyes widened in amusement. "Oh yeah? Then what are you gonna do?"

She was glad Darren had a sense of humor because any other guy would've been done with her shit. She narrowed her eyes at him and gritted out. "You won't be getting any until after I heel from the baby."

His mouth shut. "That's what I thought," she smiled and turned down the hall to the bathroom.

She guessed her threat worked because for a whole hour she heard nothing but her feet sloshing in the water.

June, Rory's Fourth Birthday

The two suites were perfect. Each had two rooms and two baths that made Toni smile. Now one might ask, Why two rooms? Well, because Toni insisted that Luna, Jeremy and Leo come along too. Rory didn't mind as long as she met Goofy she'd be just fine.

Her silence made Toni's heart ache but she hoped that a little excitement brightened her smile and made her squeal with delight.

"Mommy," the little girl lowly said. Toni now being six months pregnant took longer than others to get where she needed to be. When she finally got to the other side of the room she smiled down at the little girl.

"What's up, buttercup?"

"I dunno what shirt to wear."

"Hmm," Toni examined both Disney shirts and decided that the Cinderella's Castle one was the cutest. "This one is best. You have to look extra special today since you're the birthday princess."

"Do you think I'll meet Princess Cinderella or Tiana?"

"I sure hope so. Those are the only two you wanna see today?"

Rory slowly nodded, "They lost their daddies too."

"Baby..." Toni softly sighed, trying her hardest to kneel in front of the small child. "Your daddy would want you to be happy on your birthday. Can you give a big smile?"

She shook her head, pinching her lips together.

"What if I tickled you?" Toni teased, making Rory's little toothed smile show. "No, mommy," she giggled.

"Let's go get your clothes on, okay? Then we'll get your brother and Darren and the others and head to Disney."

"Mommy," Rory whispered, leaning closer to Toni as if she had a big secret. "Is Darren...is he my daddy now?"

Toni was nearly floored. "Um..." She bit at her lip trying to form an understandable sentence. "He can be your daddy here on earth. Only if you want him too."

"He doesn't look like it," she frowned. 

"That doesn't mean anything, Aurora" Toni nearly snapped.

Keep your cool, girl. She's only four.

"Darren loves you very much and would love to be your daddy."

"But my real daddy is still my daddy, right?"

"Of course, he's just somewhere else now."

Rory nodded, "Okay."

"Good, now go get dressed, baby."

***

"Okay let's take another break."

Luna groaned, "That's the fifth one this hour, T."

"Shut up," Toni bit out.

"No one told you to walk your pregnant self around this park."

Darren couldn't help but laugh, receiving a death glare from Toni. "Ms. Toni," Leo sweetly said, standing in front of Toni as she sat on a nearby bench. "Yeah?"

 "Is there a boy in there?" 

She lightly smiled, "We don't know yet. It's gonna be a surprise."

"I hope it's a boy." He wearily glanced at Rory, "Girls are weird."

"Hey!" the little girl shrieked, "It's my birthday, leave me alone!"

Sassy little thing she was.

***

"I'm proud of you," Darren murmured into her ear. With his arm slung around her shoulders and his nose nuzzled in her hair, she shivered.

"For what? Not complaining for the past two hours?" she lightly laughed, trying to mask the pain emitting from her sore feet.

"That too," he smiled, "but mainly for putting up with me."

"You're proud of me for sticking around you? You're not that bad."

"I guess," he chuckled.

It was night and they were all just strolling around the over-crowded park. It was hard keeping track of the little ones so Joseph clung to his mom's hand while Leo was on his dad's shoulders.

Rory was tired of walking and grabbed at Darren's shirt. She wanted to be up high like Leo. Darren didn't seem to notice the little girls intentions.

"Daddy, I wanna be up high too! Daddy!"

Darren glanced down at Rory and gaped. Daddy.

"Yeah, Rory?" he nearly whispering, not able to choke out anything sensible.

"I wanna be like Leo!"

"Of course, Rors." He picked her up, turned her and plopped her down so her legs were on his shoulders. He playfully nipped at her thigh and enjoyed the sound of her little giggle. He didn't hear it often these days.

Toni squeezed his hand and leaned her head against his arm. In her head--just because he wouldn't hear her if she said it aloud--she said I'm so in love with you Darren. So in love.

***

"Please explain why Luna and Jeremy offered to take the kids."

"I asked them to," Darren smirked. "I thought we could use some alone time."

"You horny little muffin," Toni said, shaking her head. "Well," she looked up at him, "I'm horny too so get to it, Rivera." She lifted her arms above her head, waiting for him to pull her dress off of her.

"I don't know why I put up with you," he smiled.

"Don't get smart. You're stuck with me for life, dude."

He chuckled, "I'm fine with that."

***

"You really know how to scratch an itch," Toni breathily stated. Darren nuzzled his nose into her neck and pulled her closer.

 "I could say the same for you." 

"Oh yeah? With me and my big belly?" 

"The big belly is even better. Even more of you," he laughed.

They were cuddling after a much needed release and just being this close to her made him even more nervous.

"Darren," she sing-songed. "Oh Darren. Do-do-do-do Darren," she giggled.

"God, I love you," he smiled, his mouth pressed against her neck.

"I love you too, sooo much."

He took a shuddering breath, then whispered, "Marry me."

Silence...then moist full lips pressed against his. He couldn't even laugh in his mix of nerves and shock because her reaction was practically the same as his when she told him about the baby.

"Yes! Oh my God, yes!"

"Yeah?" he breathed out, still struck from the kiss.

"Are you freakin' kidding me? Of course, I'd marry you!" She rolled him onto his back and straddled him. With her hands plastered on his bare chest and her gaze glistening into his, she slowly breathed out. "You have no idea," she croaked out, her eyes watering. "I just...I love you so much."

"I love you too, baby. Sheez, I'm glad you said yes."

"Boy you know I love you. I wouldn't have said no."

"I actually..um..there's a ring in my suitcase. I meant to ask you tomorrow but I couldn't wait."

"Really?!" Toni jumped off the bed and quickly waddled to his suitcase. He heard zips and clicks before another shriek. "Darren, it's beautiful!"

She went back to her position on top of him and gave him the ring. "Put it on me."

He widely smiled and grabbed her hand, sliding it on her finger then lightly skimming his hand over her protruding stomach. "I really can't wait," he lightly chuckled.

"Me neither. My last name's gonna be Rivera," she giggled and leaned down to kiss him.

***

Now, back in the suite across the hall was something else. While Luna and Jeremy were asleep in their room, the kids were wide awake in theirs. Rory was on the bed in the middle of Joseph and Leo, watching Regular Show. They laughed and acted out certain parts that were worthy of another laugh.

Rory was mostly quiet though because her silence became second nature to her. Joseph didn't care anymore and day by day him and his sister grew apart. Leo on the other hand wondered where the crazy girl he met last time went.

Joseph turned his back to her and eventually fell asleep.

"Aurora?" Leo whispered.

She turned her head to him and raised her eyebrows.

"Did you...Did you get your picture with Goofy?"

A smile spread on her face as she frantically nodded. "He signed my journal."

"Really? That's so cool! Donald signed mine."

"I like Donald," she smiled.

"Do you like Mordecai?"

 "Huh?"

 "From regular show." 

"Oh..yeah. He's funny."

 "You weren't laughing much ." 

Rory didn't like to even think about why. So young and yet a saddened ache already in her heart. "I'm just..sad now I guess."

"Well when my mom gets upset my dad...he kisses her sometimes."

Rory narrowed her eyes at him and thinned out her lips. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

"See, you're not smiling." He quickly leaned closer to her and pecked her lips. His eyes widened as he blushed, then looked away.

Rory just stared at him. She was four. Freshly four and he a little older than her, turning five the next month. She was too young to get all of it and overall confused.

Then from a sudden burst of happiness...she smiled. She watched some movies with Toni and imagined When I'm older my first kiss is gonna be just like that.

She bit at her freshly touched lips and then leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Night Leo."

He cautiously looked at her and lightly laughed, "You're smiling."

"Yeah.." She narrowed her eyes at him, "Don't do it again" she practically hissed then smiled again, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he breathed out. He laid back and tried hard to close his eyes all the while thinking I just kissed a girl. I kissed Aurora.

A/n: Eeepp ! Cute little first kisses though. Barely two chapters left!!! Let's just talk about how much has happened since those Uni days lol.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

Trust Someone You Love Por Gabby

Ficção Adolescente

43.1K 875 41
Kendall has extreme trust issues which influences her to hurt the one who loves her most, her boyfriend Michael. Together their like a natural disast...
816K 26.8K 45
"I'm sorry Asia, but I will never accept you and I won't allow this relationship. You're too black and he is too white. End of discussion." The one l...
81.5K 2.9K 24
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was very young so read at your own risk • "I'll never understand why you want plastic girls that dont have anything t...
87.5K 5.1K 56
I look out into the parking lot and squint to make sure I'm not going crazy. Walking up with a bouquet of flowers is Justin. He's wearing a muscle te...