On the Court

Prologue

"You need to get your life together and stop messing around with these...these..."

"These what dad, huh? Say it! Say what you think he is! Say it!"

"These coloreds and mutts!"

"Colored? Really, dad? We are in the twenty first century, who uses that word anymore? You're so ignorant and bigoted and-" She couldn't finish her sentence because her words were literally slapped out of her mouth.

Never in her twenty years has her father laid a hand on her and it had to be this day to do it.

How could he?

The tears stung her eyes and threatened to fall as she looked at her father with such hate.

She looked across the room to her mother who stood there with shocked eyes and anguish in her heart but she held herself together for her daughters sake.

"Antonia, listen to your father," she pleaded.

My name's Toni. She wanted to scold her mother for that horrible name she gave her.

Toni shook her head as tears fell from her cheeks. She couldn't believe her parents thought like this. They are old but things have changed since they were kids.

"I'm...I'm leaving," she croaked as she shrugged back on her jacket and headed to the door.

"You walk out that door to that boy and all ties are off Antonia! We pay for nothing."

How dare they use their money against me!

"That means no NC State, no nothing. No daughter of mine will be seen with the likes of them." Her dad sounded nearly teasing, daring his spolied daughter to make another step.

All Toni wanted in life was to go to college and make something of herself but the constant work her parents made her endure held back her grades, preventing her from a full scholarship. She was lucky enough to even gotten accepted to State. Her parents paid everything and now they are threatening to take it away because of the one she fell in love with.

"Then do it," she dared with an proud glint in her eyes and stormed out of the place she once called home.

She wiped the tears before heading towards the car her boyfriend was patiently waiting for her in. She climbed in the passenger seat and instanly was wrapped in her lovers arms and sobbed into his shoulder. "They don't...even...want me anymore," she said between gasps.

"It's alright Toni, we'll figure it out." "Can we just go?" He sighed and kissed the side of her head before helping her buckle up and revving the engine of his car.

He held her hand during the drive back to the dorms, the very long drive.

She felt empty because of the lack of support her parents showed and how her father was quick to dismiss her from the life she wanted. She drifted off knowing that the hand she was holding was her rock and would always be.

A/N: New story! I'm pretty excited about this one.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have no problem with people of different ethinicities. I'm black (african-american) and live in an interracial home where my stepmom is of irish decent and I have no problem with it. I also grew up in a city that is influenced my the hispanic culture nearby.

I'm writing this story because I do know what it's like to be judged by my color and there are people out there who believe that people should only love ones of the same color.

Note: I do not write super descriptive smut. There are scenes for mature readers but nothing NC-17. Please read at your own discretion.

The story will start matching the exact despcription in a few chapters. I just want to build it up first. I hope you guys enjoy this story and please ask questions if you have any. I'm more than willing to reply.

Remember to vote vote vote :)

-Mone'