Welcome Home

By thunderstorm110

Titanfall/RWBY crossover "I was born here in Remnant. Atlas, more specifically. I was never told why, but my... More

Returning Home
Negotiation
Explaination
So That's What Friends Are
It's Time To leave
I Need Information
Beacon Is In Danger
Battle Of Beacon
The Torch Still Burns
Street Chasing
Story Time
Initiation
Beacon's New Team
Reunion of Predators
Protocol Three
First Day
A Hard Truth and a Rival Faction
False Reality
Into the Abyss
Blood and Rust
All to Ashes
This Can't Be Right... Right?
Reinforcements
Calm Before the Storm
Arrival of the Onslaught
Trial By Fire
Behind Enemy Lines
Aftermath
A Tough Request
Redemption
Playing With Fire
Working Towards Trust
Updates!

Bullfight

302 4 1
By thunderstorm110

"So, this is what you've become. A lowly mercenary," I taunted.

"Look who's talking." He came in for another strike.

"I didn't think you'd crawl away from your fight with Viper. And before you ask, you're not getting Wilt and Blush back."

He pulled away and jumped over me, trying to catch me by surprise. I saw it coming and blocked his strike. "I don't need a sword to defeat you," he said through gritted teeth. "Besides, I've taken a liking to knives."

"Funny. Knives don't have blades long enough to hide behind!"

"I'm done hiding!"

"So, I see what you said back at Beacon meant nothing."

"I couldn't just let go!"

"Adam, this fight is pointless. We have a job to do. So, like it or not, we have to work together." I pushed his knives away from me and boarded the Bullhead.

Adam reluctantly sheathed his knives and boarded the dropship.

"You were here before me. Get me up to speed."

Adam scowled at me before speaking. "We've been tasked with killing the boss of a rival mercenary faction. A staged meetup has been planned. I'm posing as an enforcer and you'll be on the roof of a nearby building as a sniper. If you happen to miss or they hear the shot, I'll be at the meeting myself. I'll tell you when to take the shot."

"Sounds simple enough."

"Simple, maybe. Easy, no." He was silent after his explanation.

"So... you're done with the Grimm mask but you still have something to hide. A scar?"

"In a way. Enough personal questions." He refused to talk for the duration of the flight.

As we neared a building, Adam spoke up. "We're not stopping to drop you off. It would raise suspicion. Think you can make that jump?"

"Can I make that jump?" I said sarcastically. I cloaked and jumped out of the dropship, launching my grappling hook. It buried itself in a ledge at the top of the building. I pulled myself up, grabbed my Kraber, and took aim.

The Bullhead landed at the meeting point. A man who I assumed to be the fake negotiator stepped out, followed by Adam. They stood before the mercenary boss, who was surrounded by guards. The boss spoke first. "I remember you telling me that you would come alone."

"He is my enforcer. Think nothing of him," said the negotiator.

"Like I would ever think something of a Faunus." The boss chuckled. I noticed Adam clench his fists.

"Take the shot," Adam said quietly over the comms.

"Copy that." I fired the rifle, but a guard heard it and tackled the boss before the bullet could hit him.

"Sniper!" Shouted one of the guards.

"Adam, my position is compromised. I'm coming down to join you." I jumped off the building and landed on my feet.

Adam began his assault on the guards, killing them off one by one. I unholstered my Mozambiques and fired, killing two more guards. Once all the guards were dealt with, I pointed a pistol at the boss and Adam pointed a knife. I shot him and he collapsed.

"Excellent work, the both of you," said the fake negotiator. "Junior will pay you both when we get back to his bar." The three of us boarded the Bullhead and set course for Vale.

When we landed, we met Junior on the roof. He handed us our share of the Lien promised. "Pleasure to work with you both, as always." He shook our hands.

"You as well, Junior." I pocketed the Lien and Adam did the same.

"Wreckage, a friend of yours is downstairs drinking. Just letting you know." Junior descended in the elevator with the fake negotiator.

Adam remained silent. "You fought well," he finally said.

"You too," I replied.

"Look, Milo. Can I ask a favor? Being a merc and living on the streets is awful. I usually don't know what each day will bring me. I want to change that. Do you think you could welcome me into your life. I'd like to come back with you."

"Why do you want to come back with me?"

"You're the only human I know I can trust in this world. I know I went back on what I said at Beacon, but I tried. Peace wasn't working, so I had no idea what else to turn to. I made a deal with Roman Torchwick to get Blake back. It was stupid."

"Aren't the cops still looking for you?"

"Why?"

"Turn yourself in and I'll pay your bail. That way your name is clear. I'm gonna have to run this by my team before you can stay. One thing, though. Take off your blindfold."

Adam did as I requested, but he remained turned away. I noticed his right eye, it was bright blue. "Why did you wear that and the mask? What did you have to hide?" I asked.

"This." He turned to face me directly. His right eye was normal, but his left had a grey pupil and a red, bloodied sclera. Over his left eye was a brand that read 'SDC.' "I worked in labor for the Schnee Dust Company. This is what they did to all Faunus employees. No, we weren't employees. We were slaves. That's why I joined the White Fang. I wanted justice. I wanted equality. But things have changed. I've realized that not all humans are bad. Just the worst ones are the ones that represent them all."

Now I was the one who was silent for a moment. "I'm sorry they did that to you. I'm sorry for everything they put you through. You can stay if my teammates agree to it and if you actually change your ways. Leave this life and devote yourself to something better."

"Fine. Before I turn myself in, want to grab a drink?"

"I love celebrating a hard night's work." We descended to the main floor from the roof and I swear I saw Adam crack a small smile. The elevator doors opened and we made our way to the bar.

As we sat down, Junior came up to us. "You guys celebrating?"

"You know it. Get us our usuals." Junior served our drinks and I removed my helmet. I raised my glass. "To a job well done."

"To a job well done," Adam repeated. Our glasses clinked and we drank.

"So, Junior, where's this friend of mine you said was here?" I asked.

"She's out on the dance floor. She'll be back for a refill any minute," Junior said.

"Which friend?" I had my suspicions, but I wanted them to be wrong, considering my company.

"The blonde girl. Robot arm." Junior confirmed my suspicions.

"Adam, you might not want to show your face."

"She'll recognize my hair and my horns. There's no point in hiding."

"Hey, Milo!" Yang took a seat next me. "Refill, Junior." Junior took her glass. "Was wondering when you'd be here."

"I didn't expect to see you here," I said.

"How was the mission?"

"A total success, as usual."

"You forgot to mention how your position was compromised and you almost blew the mission," Adam whispered so Yang wouldn't hear him.

"Who was your partner?" She hadn't noticed Adam on my other side.

I dodged her question. "Junior, refill."

Yang punched me lightly in the shoulder. "Do you not want to answer my question?"

"It's not that I don't want to answer it, it's that you won't like the answer."

"Why wouldn't I like the answer? It's not like you partnered with Adam Taurus or anyone like that."

Even thought she hit the nail directly on the head, I stalled for a little while longer, in case Adam wanted to leave to avoid confrontation. "You never know who you'll be partnered with in this line of work." I stalled, but Adam didn't budge.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." I stood up, revealing Adam.

"Hello, Yang," Adam said calmly, drink still in hand.

Yang's face showed anger but her left arm began to tremble and shake, showing me true fear. She stood up. Adam was not at all acting hostile. "Adam?!" She said through gritted teeth. I could feel the anger emanating off her body.

Adam stood up as well. "Where should I begin? Yang, I am so sor-" He was cut off when Yang punched him full-force in the chest. He blocked the strike with his Aura, but he still grunted from the impact.

Junior ran from behind the bar to stop the fight. He pulled Yang away from Adam. "There will be no fighting in my establishment. This is a place to drink, not to fight. If you're gonna fight, take it outside." He walked back behind the bar.

"Yang, please hear me out. I'm so sorry. For everything. All the physical and mental pain I've caused you. All your relationships I've heart. I swear on my life that I am a changed man. Seeing things from a different perspective really changes you." He was silent for a moment. "I know I can't replace what I took from you that night at Beacon. I know I can never make it up to you."

Yang's expression turned from anger to shock. She looked at the ground.

"I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm asking for a second chance. Please, look me in the eyes." His gaze met Yang's. "I'm sorry."

Yang, for the first time I've ever seen, had nothing to say in response. Adam sighed.

"Yang," I said. "I think you should forgive him. I'm not biased, I've only worked this one job with him. As your friend, I think it's best not to hold grudges. I did, and I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot of blood on my hands because of it. You don't want that hanging over you. Trust me. It hurts."

Yang was still silent. She looked Adam in the eyes and, for the first time, she didn't see the leader of the White Fang, nor did she see a ruthless killer. She saw the eyes of a changed man who realized what it was like to truly be alone. "If you can truly let go of the past," Yang started and paused. "I think I can too."

"Thank you, Yang." Adam cracked another small smile.

"Hey, I'm not the one you need to worry about when it comes to accepting your apologies."

"I know. Do you think Blake will ever forgive me?"

"Do you want us to tell you want you want to hear, or what you know the truth is?" I asked.

Adam looked at his drink. "I know the truth. I also think I know what I need to do." He handed me a large stack of Lien. "That should pay for my bail tomorrow. I don't want you using your own money to do it. I owe you." He paid Junior for the drink and exited the nightclub.

"What was that about?" Yang asked.

"I told him I'd pay his bail so his name would be clear. He really wants to change. We should give him another shot." I paid Junior for my drink.

"I'm all for second chances, but do you really think he'll forget the past? You saw what he did at Beacon. He promised to change and look what happened."

"Well, excuse me for trying to see the best in him."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 498 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...
90.5K 2.9K 80
'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, the big boulder in front of you earning y...
136K 2.3K 65
"You are special, but you just do not see it yet." "What do you mean?" "You were destined to be a huntsman from the minute you were borne to this wor...
550 48 40
~PARAGON CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: PHASE 1, BOOK 2~ *This novel serves as a direct sequel to Viper's Bite. I'd suggest either reading it or at least gettin...