Timebomb | Shokugeki No Soma

By _avocadhoe

Park Mikala is one to be feared. His mother was one of the top 5 best chefs in France while his father is the... More

Introduction
Prologue
Un
Deux
Trois
Quatre
Cultural Cuisine Club Introduction
Cinq
Six
Sept
Neuf
Haitus
Dix
Onze
Douze
Treize
Quatorze
Quinze
Dix-sept
Dix-huit
Dix-neuf
Vingt
Vingt-et-un
Vingt-deux
SPECIAL CHAPTER

Huit

3.6K 181 10
By _avocadhoe

"I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me. Talk some sense to me."

-I found; Amber Run

Mikala POV

"Hey, Mikala, wake up or you'll be late. Not that I care, get expelled for all I care, but since you seem like a worthy rival id rather you not." I was awoke by these words being yelled by a certain tsundere blonde.

Looking over at the clock that was placed by my bedside table, I jumped up upon seeing the time. It was ten minutes until we had to be on the bus heading to our location. I had set alarms but I must have sleep through them. Thanking the blonde for waking me up, I hurriedly began to get ready, ignoring the laughs from the chubby brunette as he watched my struggle to brush my teeth while pulling on my chiefs attire.

After seven minutes I was ready to go, looking around the room, I made sure I had everything. I was about to leave when my eyes landed on my plum colored bag that I would carry everywhere. Cursing under my breath for almost forgetting the object, I ran and grabbed it before running out the room, deciding to take the stairs rather than wait for the elevator.

Since I was on the third floor, there wasn't that many stairs that I had to climb down thankfully. Looking down at my watch I saw that the bus was leaving in less than a minute, noticing this I forced myself to pick up my pace. Spotting the bus I was to get on, I sprinted towards the huge black and white object just as the doors were closing, and for the first time in my life I was thankful for my small frame as I squeezed through the doors just before they closed.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded at the driver before walking down the aisle, flopping down in the first available seat I found. As soon as I sat down the bus pulled off, the driver completely ignoring the semi-crying girl who was banging on the door to be let in. I flinched softly upon seeing the comotion, two seconds later and that could have been me.

Once I began to breathe properly, I looked over at the person sitting next to me. Upon turning I was met with the familiar sight of Jamie. He didn't seem to notice me, however, due to the fact that he was busy staring down at his shaking hands, he had his headphones on as his music blasted. Getting the scene he was warming up for the day, I decided not to bother him and listen to my own music instead. Feeling my pockets, I didn't feel my phone in any of them. I was confused for a moment until I remembered how I was in such a rush earlier I forgot to grab the pink object off the nightstand. Groaning, I hit my head on the back of the seat.

Curse my luck, like, seriously.

Sighing, I picked up my bag, hoping to find something to entertain myself inside of the small thing. Opening the pulm bag, I scanned the objects inside. Some non flavored oatmeal, Ryoko's rice wine she gave each of us at the opening, my trusty knife, a spoon, and a half empty bottle of water.

Is this some sort of bad omen or something?

Banging my head against the back of the seat, I mentally cursed myself out. I thought I'd at least have a magazine or something inside. Taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down. There's no use getting all worked up over such a simple thing, I need to focus.

After deeming myself calm enough, I decided to look out the window. Since I had an aisle seat, I had to look around Jamie to watch the view. Right now we were going through a forest or something. I found myself in awe, the school grounds were that big huh? At I stared at out the window I felt my eyes grow heavy, unable to prevent it, I drifted off the sleep.

*

*

*

My luck today is seriously low, that was the only thought I had as I ran through the forest in search for ingredients. My instructor for this challenge was Hinako, the old hag thought it would be a good idea to have us hunt through the small forest for ingredients to make a traditional japanese dish. Since we were allowed to work in pairs, Jamie and I decided to team up. Which, now that I think about it was probably a bad idea. Neither Jane nor I were the best a japanese cooking, on top of that we both wanted to do different dishes.

Jamie wanted to do a fish dish, "Let's make sushi or something!" I didn't mind at first, until I saw that almost everyone ran for the sea to get fish.

I already knew that if we made a simple fish dish we would not stand out or pass with the best grade we can. It was while we were arguing that I noticed the chicken that ran pass behind the Maroon haired boy, this causing me to get the bright idea to make a chicken dish.

Jamie did not wish to make a chicken dish because apparently our ingredients are limited or something. Being the stubborn people we are, the two of us argued for a solid fifteen minutes, it wasn't until we noticed the field empty did we stop.

Sighing, Jamie placed his hands on his hips while looking down at me, "This is pointless, and we are just wasting time."

Rubbing my temples, I nodded my head before and idea popped up, "How about we play rock paper scissors? Who ever wins will have their dish made."

Aftering calling me childish, the marron haired boy held up a fist, myself doing the same. Surprisingly, the taller boy was horrible at rock-paper-scissors, allowing me to get a perfect three in a row. After making fun of the blushing teen, I told him the ingredients that were needed.

After handing him a small list, we both split up and began to hunt for our ingredients.

*

*
*

"Mikala, you idiot. Were gonna get expelled because of you, I knew I should have never listened to you." Jamie half cried as he weakly punched my shoulder. Currently the two of us were a tough situation. "What type of idiot forgets the two main ingredients to a dish."

"But you didn't realize they were missing until after you chopped up the chicken, so who is the real idiot here?" I responded, my voice was completely monotone and im sure my face was blank was well. Don't be fooled, while i appear calm on the outside, impractically dying and screaming on the inside. For some odd reason, I could hear pere's mocking laughter and taunts.

"I can't believe you got expelled before you forgot the basic ingredients to a fried dish!"

Were the words that kept being repeated in my head, everytime it repeats with the loud mocking laughter I feel my aggravation grow. Clenching my teeth, I closed my eyes. Desperately searching for a solution to the problem. Thinking of nothing, I opened my eyes, letting out a small 'tsk' out of pure annoyance.

Just as I was about to tell Jamie to start the backup fish, my eyes landed on a small tin of grits. As soon as the white container came unto vision, a lightbulb went off. Moving Jamie away, I rushed to my carry on back and grabbed the bottom of rice sake, mentally thanking Ryoko while doing so.

Next, I walked over to the shelf and grabbed the tin of grits, that were thankfully unseasoned. Walking back to our station, I showed the items to a confused Jamie. His confusion didn't last forever though, instead his confusion face morphed into one of anger, "We are about to fail and you want to make grits?" His voice was shaking due to his anger.

Shaking my head, I cleaned my hands once again before beginning to work on the chicken, only briefly pausing to tell Jamie to start the side dish. Luckily, the maroon haired teen did not question me and instead began to do his part. We only had about and half of hour left after all, we couldn't afford to waste anymore time. Right now all we can do is work on our dish and hope it turns out alright.

*
*
*

"Done!" Jamie sighed in relief while I picked up the plate and began to walk up to the table Hinako was sitting on top of. Looking up at the two of us, then up at the clock she took a sit of the palate cleanser that was beside her.

"That was a close one, I thought I'd have to expell you before I can taste you food Mikala." Ignoring her words, I sat down the dish in front of her. Upon seeing the dish her smile widened a bit. "Ah, finally a dish that doesn't consist of boiled or baked fish. Now describe the dish please."

Nodding, I looked over a Jamie at the same time he looked over at me. After a small staring contest, I rolled my eyes before surrendering and describing the dish. "This dish is Toriten with sides of wild plants and vegetables, the sauce is a secret sauce that Jamie made from materials found outside." Making a noise of delight, Hinako picked up her chopsticks before grabbing a piece of chicken, dipping it into the sauce.

Almost immediately she let out a groan in satisfaction. She eyes widening even more as she studies the chicken, "For someone who was panicking a while ago about not having oil or flour this chicken sure is nice and crispy."

Chuckling nervously, Jamie rubbed the back of his neck, "Yeah, we didn't have any flour or oil so we had to use replacements."

Pausing mid bite, Hinako looked up at Jamie her eyebrows furrowing, "Replacements?"

Knowing Jamie was just as confused I began to explain, "Yup, for the flour I used powered grit mix and for the oil I used rice sake." Upon hearing the name of the alcoholic beverage both Jamie and Hinako choked. Jamie on air and Hindko on her aspergers.

"Where did you get alcohol? You're a minor!" The older woman gasped, grabbing a napkin to pat the area around her mouth, removing any possible access food.

"Oh, you see my dorm mate, Ryoko, loves to make things using rice. During one experiment she accidently made rice wine so she gave each of the dorm members a bottle after we all promised not to drink it and to only use it inside of food." After my explanation she calmed down a bit before finishing her plate seeing we only had a minute left and no one else was even on the plating process.

"Anyway, your vegetables are delicious, so is your sauce. Neither clash with the flavor of the chicken. It's a divine dish, therefore the two of you pass, full marks!" Hearing this Jaime let out a small victory noise before turning towards me a huge smile on his face.

Instead of saying anything, the marron haired boy pat my head before going to clean up the station. The action caused a small smile to stretch across my face before being replaced by it usually blank look. Looking back at Hinako once more, I saw her put up two thumbs in a sigh of good job. Nodding my head, I walked over to our station, helping Jamie clean up the kitchen.

*
*
*

"I'm surprised we passed. I thought we'd fail for sure." Jamie said, his hands still shaky as he let out a sigh of relief. We were now on the bus on our way to our next challenge. Jamie had still be in shock that we actually passed.

"Yeah, that was a close one, you should be relieved you had a genius like me as you partner." I smiled back at him, mocking hurt when he scoffed.

"Yeah right, it's your fault we were in that situation. Also, remind me to never partner up with you ever again. My heart can't keep up with your recklessness." Rolling my eyes, I brushed off his comment and instead focused on the manual in my hand. Just seven more challenges and well be done for the day, but ah, you can't forget the after challenges challenge. Sigh. 

***

Toriten

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

893K 47.6K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
248K 5.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
306K 19.3K 84
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
869K 40.3K 172
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one