Beautiful Trauma (Complete)

By AngieAngC

Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at... More

Main Character List
Chapter 1 - Your Duty
Chapter 2 - After All These Years (Part One)
Chapter 3 - After All These Years (Part Two)
Chapter 4 - Wrong Place, Right Time
Chapter 5 - Living Arrangement
Chapter 7 - Secrets
Chapter 8 - Locked Away
Chapter 9 - Sisterly Love
Chapter 10 - Ari, meet Odette
Chapter 11 - More Secrets
Chapter 12 - Acceptance
Chapter 13 - Alexa
Chapter 14 - He Remembers
Chapter 15 - I Need a Favor
Chapter 16 - Babysitting (Part 1)
Chapter 17 - Babysitting Part 2
Chapter 18 - Babysitting (Part 3)
Chapter 19 - Ladies Night
Chapter 20 - No More Alcohol
Chapter 21 - Gala Night (Part 1)
Chapter 22 - Gala Night (Part 2)
Chapter 23 - Nightmares
Chapter 24 - My Past
Chapter 25 - Our Past
Chapter 26 - Crave
Chapter 27 - Afterglow
Chapter 28 - A Rat
Chapter 29 - Jealousy
Chapter 30 - Prove it
Chapter 31 - Birthday Celebrations
Chapter 32 - Let Me Love You
Chapter 33 - I Like Me Better With You
Chapter 34 - Fratello e Sorella
Chapter 35 - The Plan of Betrayal
Chapter 36 - Goodbye, My Love
Chapter 37 - The Betrayal
Chapter 38 - The Truth
Chapter 39 - Survivor
Chapter 40 - Fight!
Chapter 41 - Both of You
Chapter 42 - A Promise
Chapter 43 - Baby De Luca
Epilogue
Announcement - Beautiful Lies
Beautiful Trauma Trailer

Chapter 6 - Extravagance

58.9K 1.7K 141
By AngieAngC

Aria's POV

The car ride was awkward in the beginning but eased up as Dominic started receiving phone calls from the docks. Something about shipment issues. Honestly, I was just glad that it took away the heat from me. His eyes were starting to burn holes into the side of my head. 

The limo approached massive, tall black gates surrounded by men in black suits and sunglasses. How stereotypical. I rolled my eyes thinking about all those action movies. Dominic's voice broke my daydream. 

"We're here. Listen, I have a few issues to sort out urgently. Go straight to the kitchen. I will send someone to assist you to the guest room." Before I could say anything he walked away briskly. I stood there in disbelief. He just left me in the middle of his driveway with no idea as to where we are. 

I stepped out of the limo as the driver opened the door. 

"Thank you... um?" 

"Alfonso" He stated with a sweet smile. I returned it as I felt a little more at ease with his gesture.

"Aria." 

"I know," He said, grinning this time around. 

As I stepped out he closed the door then made his way to the back of the limo. That was when I noticed it. Such an extravagant front yard and a massive house that looked more like a hotel than someone's home. I could smell the salty water in the air. We must be close to the sea. The house was brightly lit with tons of greenery surrounding it. The limo was stopped behind a gorgeous clover-shaped fountain. I was in complete awe at what I was looking at. There were 2 tall palm trees on either side of the entrance door, which was made of frosted glass. 

"Shall we?" Alfonso stood next to me holding my bag. It took me a while to register him. 

"No, Alfonso! I will take my bag! I do not expect you to - "

"Nonsense Miss Aria! I know you do not expect it, however, out of respect I do." I was taken aback by his response. I knew better than to argue with him. Not that I could as he was already a few steps ahead of me. I began walking slowly after him, staring at the scenery around us.

I followed Alfonso through the massive front doors, then things really got beyond extravagant... It looked like I had just stepped into the foyer of some 5-star hotel. The floors looked marble-like, with 2 staircases, 1 on each side of me curving to meet at the top. Crystal chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling. In the middle of the curved staircases was a beautiful oval-shaped skylight. Honestly, it was a masterpiece. I noticed in front through the corridor between the staircases it led to the back yard which looked like a forest on its own. I got a glimpse of the outdoor pool and the gigantic patio area. I was broken from my admiring thoughts.

"This way Miss Aria." Alfonso motioned to my left. 

 I followed him as we entered the most gorgeous kitchen. Seriously, what does this man do to have this much money? Come to think of it, I never met his parents or came to his house in school so I have no idea if this was his childhood home. 

The kitchen was a wooden piece of art. The ceiling looked wooden along with all the cupboards. Even the fridge looked like a cupboard. I noticed this as there was an elderly lady busy taking food out of there as she prepared what I assumed to be dinner. There were 2 marbled islands. The one in the middle of the kitchen was a preparation island fitted with a sink. The stove and oven were against the wall in front of this island. Then wrapping around the kitchen was a second 2 leveled island. The first level facing the kitchen was filled with drawers and cupboards below. It also had another sink. Then it went up to a second level with chairs. I am assuming this to be like a breakfast nook. There were huge windows onlooking the garden. It was honestly exquisite and I could picture myself having coffee admiring the tranquil views. 

"Good evening Rosa. I'd like you to meet Aria. She will be staying for a few nights as per Boss' orders." Alfonso said to the elderly lady. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me with a genuinely inviting smile. 

"Aria Valenti?" She questioned as she narrowed her eyes in thought. 

"Yes, mam,"  I answered her. "How did you know my-"

"Your name has been spoken quite a bit under this roof. Thank you for saving Ruby." She said with a pleasant smile. "I am Rosa and I take care of all the meals. Please feel free to call me when you require anything." 

"I was just doing my job mam. It is nice to meet you." 

"Please call me Rosa." She insisted. 

"Very well. Thank you, Rosa." She nodded at me. 

 I then heard voices coming from the foyer as they got louder coming in our direction. I sat on one of the chairs at the island. I could faintly hear the voice of a woman.

"Dominic mentioned we have a guest for a few nights. We need to show them to the room. I wonder who it is. He never mentioned anything to me beforehand. You?" 

"Nope. Nothing to me either." A man's voice replied. 

As they entered the kitchen I noticed it was Marcel and Ruby. As their eyes landed on me I could clearly see the shock as their eyes widened. Great. Dominic didn't exactly prepare anybody about my arrival. I hate these types of situations. My social anxiety begins intensifying with the awkward atmosphere. I shifted in my seat as I silently smiled at them with a very uncomfortable wave. 

"Aria?" Ruby said. "What a pleasant surprise." 

"Yeah. It wasn't my first choice to be here. But I will not be staying long. Just until my apartment is livable again which should be a day or two. Your boyfriend is quite... what's the word?" 

I pondered with my finger against my lips. 

"Annoyingly demanding," I stated with a forced smile. "Rambling on about being indebted to a person," I added gesturing with my hands. 

"My boyfriend..." Ruby said bluntly as she gave Marcel a look before returning to look at me. "Right..." 

Marcel was quiet up until this point while he analyzed the situation. 

"Dom tends to be quite traditional in the quid pro quo sense of things." 

I gave him a slight nod as I pursed my lips. 

"Well, let's show you to your room then," Ruby stated with a clap of her hands. She took my bags from Alfonso and nodded thanking him for his help. "Follow me?" She looked at me as I got up. 

"Ruby, I can take that. I don't think you should be carrying heavy things."  I said to her as I tried taking my bags from her.

"Nonsense, Ari. I won't be carrying anything. The same cannot be said for this muscular capable hunk over here." She stated as she shoved my bag into Marcel's stomach area as he gave out an "Oomph" sound in surprise not expecting that impact. He glared at her while she smirked in return. Well ok then... 

Ruby hooked her arm through mine and began pulling me out of the kitchen with her as Marcel followed behind with a disgruntled expression.  

Much Love, 

Angie 

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21.8K 46
π•π€π‹π„π‘πˆπ€ π…π€π˜π„ π’π€ππ“πˆπ€π†πŽ was a very happy girl. When she was little her and her bestfriend would do everything together until somethi...
1.3M 26.6K 64
Chanel Blanchett was a rich and snobby girl, she had it all, popular in high school with a perfect life and family, or so she thought. She was innoce...
418K 8.3K 37
Book #2 (Tainted Scars Series) "Where am I? Who the hell are you?" He stared at me from across the room, "knowing my name is useless and dangerous."...
810K 12.8K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ β€’β€’ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...