Frozen Heart

By raisinggays

Transferred student Can managed to annoy the school's Ice Prince Tin at his first day. Can realized he should... More

Disclaimer
i. start
ii. half-brother
iii. more clichรฉ, the better
iv. hard-on
v. ice prince
vi. teacher
vii. a friend and a foe
viii. sorry?
ix. secret savior
xi. it's weird
xii. party
xiii. ceasefire
xiv. exam
xv. 0.5%
xvi. sunday is family day, cantaloupe
xvii. library is overrated anyway
xix. one happy family
xx. of boyfriends and butlers
xxi. we all love clichรฉ
xxii. can? jealous? PFT.
xxiii. soccer game
xxiv. sleepovers are fun
xxv. back to square one
xxvi. made out
xxvii. complication and useless brother
xxviii. not so secret admirer
xxix. tin? jealous? TOTALLY.
xxx. sealed with a kiss

x. deals

4.2K 234 136
By raisinggays

Can almost cries the second he opens his Calculus book. There are so many numbers and unnecessary letters it's giving him a headache.

He tries opening it again but then he sees the elongated S sign. It's integration. Damn.

"Oh my goodness, I can't do this." He whispers to himself.

He closes it immediately. It brings trauma to him. Seeing the word integration brings a searing burn to his eyes. He already forgets all the things Vin had taught him. Nothing is registering on in his brain.

Can sighs. He's on the verge of calling Pete to ask for his help but then he imagines Tin's smirking face. Tin will probably tease him if that idiot learns he's not good at Calculus. He could just imagine how unbearable Tin would be.

Right. He can do this on his own. He doesn't need Pete's help and especially Tin's. Tin can choke but he won't ask for his help. Never.

He opens the book wide and picks what he thinks is the easiest problem. Then, he picks up a paper and a pen.

It's a basic integration problem. And the problem goes like,

∫ (1 + 2x - 4x³) dx

Pft. He can do it. It's just so easy.

Just joking. He can't. Can can't. He's just on the first step and he does nothing but stares. He remembers some of the steps but those steps are all in the latter part, he can't remember the first step.

"Bullshit. There is nothing basic about this!" He shouts at the book but gets no response. Can thinks, he's beginning to get crazy for real.

Can gives up. He can't do this on his own. He needs someone.

He thinks of his options and tries weighing them. First option, he reviews on his own and fails. The second option, he asks Pete or Tin to teach him Calculus. With the first option, if he's lucky, he only has a 0.8544% chance of having to be tutored by Tin but with the second chance, he has a 50-no 100% chance of being tutored by Tin.

The first option looks very promising for him. Although it will be very hard, at least, the percentage of getting away from that Tin is something he likes.

But then he remembers Tum. Of course. Hopefully, Tum's offers still stand. He messages Tum to ask him if he's available, almost immediately, he gets a response of 'Yes'.

/

"So we have x + x² - x^4 + c as our final answer," Tum says putting a box around their final answer.

Can smiles, he remembers it all. All the things Vin had taught him. He just needs a little push from someone. He thinks, there's still hope for him. He can pass the test without asking for Tin's help.

"Wait, so you put plus c here because of indefinite integrals, right?"

Tum nods, smiling. "Yes. Can, you know this, you're so good at it."

"Yeah. Maybe I just forgot some of the steps. I need to jog my memory a bit."

For the next few minutes, both of them solve the basic integration problems. Can is happy, he's solving it all and he's so relaxed. He doesn't feel any ache at all. He's so genius.

It's all easy for him now.

Or not. Because when they stumble upon a specific problem of ∫ √tanx dx, they both stop and just stare at it for minutes.

Can frowns, he doesn't even remember encountering this. He feels all the headache washing through him all of a sudden.

Can looks at Tum to ask him to teach it to him but he also sees Tum frowning and Can knows it's serious. Tum never frowns.

"Hey, uhm Tum? You okay?"

Tum shakes his head and sighs. He gives Can a sad smile. "Sorry Can. I don't remember this and if I do, I might just teach you the wrong things. Wait, how about I just call for Tin's help?"

"No. No... please no. It's okay. You have taught me enough."

"I didn't teach you though, I just made you remembered. But honestly, let's call Tin-" Tum pulls his phone out but Can snatches it away from him.

"Please no, please? Tin will tease me to no end. I hate him."

"Okay, sorry. My phone, please?"

Can blushes and immediately gives Tum his phone back. "Sorry. Didn't want to pull it away from you. I just didn't want Tin to know."

"Of course," Tum stands up from his seat. "Hey, I'm going Can, I realized I've to review also."

Can nods and bids him goodbye. "Yeah sure. Thank you again, Tum."

"You're welcome. Sorry, Can."

"It's okay. You gave me so much help already."

When Tum leaves the coffee shop, Can sighs wistfully and lays his head on the table. Goodness, he has no hope anymore. He gives up. He just wants to cry.

But then salvation comes when he thinks of Pete. Of course. Pete.

Can reaches out for his phone inside his pocket and calls Pete. After several rings, Pete answers the phone.

"H-hey uh C-can? Why did you call?"

Pete sounds like he had run a marathon. He's panting. Very hard.

"Were you running?"

"What? No. I-i was just doing some... exercise, yeah. I realized I'm physically unfit, so you know, had to do some workout."

It's not very believable but Can doubts Pete is lying to him. "Okay. Are you at your house then?"

"Why?"

"Does your offer still stand? I need help here in Calculus. Tum had already helped me but we're stuck in this specific question and I was hoping-"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here. You better go here now."

"Is Tin there?"

"No. He left a while ago and he'll be back later."

"Great. I'll go there immediately."

"I'll be waiting."

Can is about to end the call but then Pete suddenly moans. Yeah. Moans.

"Goodness fuck!" Pete moans.

"What? What's happening Pete?"

"N-nothing err I just... bumped my foot on the edge of my bed and it's all red now."

Can thinks he hears a slight chuckle from the other line beside Pete but does not think about it anymore. It's probably his mind playing on him.

"Okay. Bye!"

Can then ends the call.

If this isn't Pete, Can will think he's doing unspeakable things but it's Pete, Can doubts he's doing it in the middle of the day. Plus, Pete is so innocent... okay maybe he's not that innocent but he looks so innocent, he's the last person Can can think of ever doing it. That's just crazy.

/

"Pete's not here."

It's Tin, his poker face is what welcomes Can the moment he knocks on the door. Tin has his eyebrows raised at him and he's clearly not amused at Can's gobsmacked face. Pete told him Tin's not here but why the hell Tin is the first one he sees?

"But I thought he said-" Can stops talking when he realizes Pete's plan. That sneaky little shit. All along, Pete's not at their house, it's Tin who's here and he wants Can to go here because Pete wants Tin to teach Can instead. Pete's playing cupid. It's nothing but a trap.

"He tricked you. He left hours ago, I don't know where he is." Tin supplies when he sees Can quiet for minutes.

"Oh okay thank you, I'll be going now-"

"Woah, woah... wait, is that a Calculus book I see in your hands?"

"No!" Can hides the book behind his back although it's obviously too late just based on the smirking face of Tin.

"You went here because you want Pete to teach you Calculus?" Can stays silent. Tin snorts. "Pete's an average in Calculus. Believe me, he can't teach you everything you need to learn. I, on the other hand, can make you pass your exams with flying colors."

Can rolls his eyes. It's just a minute and Tin is already boasting his Calculus skills. What an arrogant jerk.

"No thank you. I can handle this on my own."

"I just want to have a deal with you."

"I said no already didn't I? No no no no. No!"

"Stop rejecting me." Something about Tin's dejected voice makes Can stops shaking his head. It just sounds so... genuine? It makes him feel guilty that he's all ready to reject Tin when Tin is just offering him his help. Also, Tin sounds really adamant about helping him.

"Okay. Let's hear out your offer."

"I will help you review for your exam and if you pass, you go on a date with me but if you don't, you still go on a date with me."

"What?! No. I will not go on a date with you. I don't want to be ever near you."

"Why?"

Can scoffs. "Are you really asking me that? Tin, let me refresh your memory, you bully me for like a week now and insist those are harmless pranks. You embarrass me every day. Just yesterday, you poured me honey. It was so sticky you asshole. I was just asking for an apology and you couldn't give it to me."

"I already said sorry."

"It wasn't enough. It wasn't even a proper sorry, worse, you cost me my Calculus exam the next day. Then you're asking me why? Tin, we are not exactly good friends."

Tin frowns. "And what? You're friends with Tum so it's okay if he helps you?"

"Why are you suddenly bringing him up? He's not the point here!" Can can't help but shout, he's just so exasperated at Tin because he can't see what he's pointing at. Can wants Tin to properly apologize and leave him alone. Can wants Tin away from him, that's what he's trying to point.

"I'm sorry. There, an apology. That's what you need, right? Okay, I won't prank you anymore. Are you happy now? Is that what you need?"

Can sighs. "Tin, you don't understand my point."

"What's the fucking point here then because I can't understand you!"

"I want you away from me Tin. Isn't that obvious? I want you to leave me alone. I don't want to deal with any of your shits anymore. I had enough of you. I'm so done with you."

"Okay, let's go on a date then I'll leave you for good. Let's act like we don't know each other after that because that's what I want too. Deal?"

Can sighs. "Why are you persistent to ask me on a date?" Can gasps at his own realization. "Do you like me? Is that it? Is that why you're bullying me? You're pulling my pigtails?"

"No. I don't like you."

"Good. Because I don't like you too. I will never like you."

"The feeling's mutual."

Can raises his eyebrow. "Then, why me? Why offer those deals just to go on a date with me then?"

"Because- I just don't want- Can you stop asking me? Do you accept the deal or not?"

"No, Tin. I don't even know your reason. I don't know why you're suddenly asking me. And people don't date just for the fun of it. People date because they like each other and we don't like each other."

"Okay. Then expect more pranks."

"Your mother must be so proud of you."

"Don't talk about her."

Tin leaves. Can doesn't know what happened. They are just fighting a while ago. What happened to Tin?

/

Pete arrives minutes after. He's glowing and he's wearing a smile so bright it almost blinds Can. "Hey Can!"

Can glares at him but Pete remains smiling. "You tricked me!"

"What happened when I was gone?"

"Nothing."

Pete opens the door and Can follows him inside. He notes, Tin's not around anymore. He's probably in his room planning to do whatever he wants to Can.

"Tin didn't say something?"

"I rejected his offer."

"Can, I told you to give him a chance."

"It's not gonna happen, Pete," Can walks slowly behind Pete and observes him then he realizes something. "Pete, you're limping. Just where the hell did you go?"

Pete blushes. "I told you I was doing some exercise. I was running. I had to run for an hour and I had to run from where I'm at just to go here. My muscles are so sore right now."

When they enter Pete's room. Pete smiles at Can. "Okay, how about this, I will teach you all about I know but you have to go to our Por's annual party next week. Okay?"

An annual party can't harm Can so he agrees. "Okay. I will."

"Good. Let's get this shit done then. I hate Calculus."

Can's eyes widened. Pete's supposed to be his savior. "What do you mean you hate it? I thought you said you're good at it?"

"I didn't say that. I told you, it's Tin who's good at these things."

Can gulps. He's doomed.

Suddenly, he wants to ask Tin to teach him.

He just wishes Tin won't be his tutor or he will be doomed even more.

//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 9.1K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
99.3K 3.5K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024
951K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
914K 38.6K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC