Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

By MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Thirty-Four

355 10 0
By MyoneG

Adam turned and fiddled with the White chalk in his hand, before writing in bold capitals a big word across the top of the board; History.

"What! That's not fair!" I protested, Adam smirked at me and circled the word, emphasising the whole concept that they knew probably everything, and I expected they lived through it.

"Sorry Eliza, but your fellow...students...might just have the advantage over you." Adam explained, eyeing the rest of us. I ducked deeper into my chair.

"Should have paid attention in school, teachers giving me F's" I mumbled continuing the sentence with cusses. They glanced at look at me and frowned, ready to listen to the American History Adam was about to tell, I expected an anecdote for everything.

The next words made me groan even more; 1920s but I remembered something, And a huge smirk planted on my face. I stood up from my chair, as it scraped along the floor. Adam went to protest

"Back in 2 ticks I'm going to Wikipedia the 1920s." I told them walking out the door and running down the hall to where I recently installed the updated version of a PC, the iMac, curtsy of Peters credit card.

I logged on which didn't take more than a few seconds unlike the downgraded block they called a computer.

Quickly got on to wikipedia and typed; American history 1920. In a flash a whole two pages of stuff I didn't even proofread popped up, I clicked print and two whirs later I had my sheets of paper and was ready to kick ass, I wasn't worried that they knew I used wiki, they probably still thought they had the advantage.

I returned to the fake classroom and Adam looked expectantly to me for an explanation.

"Well, I might as well act like I know what I'm talking about." I said nervously returning to my seat with paper in front of me folder over into A5. I looked sweetly back to the board.

"If you think this....Wikipedia will help, go ahead." Adam said, no faith in me whatsoever. He looked to the class of 4 of us and stood aside letting us read what he put, I took the chance to skim read down what I had written.

This was perfect, in no such sense would they know anything like this word to word, wait...the word 'Wikipedia' sounded foreign in his mouth.

"Hold on a sec...do you know what wiki is?" I asked shocked in fact I sounded astounded, he itched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Should I?" he notioned, I burst into laughs and I received four very confused looks, they really needed to get out more. I wiped a tear of laughter from my eye and continued to laugh...three minutes later I had calmed down, they were now concerned.

"Oh this Is just classic, " I stated, looking between them all "Wikipedia has everything! History, people, thinking about it, if I put your names in, it might actually come up with your details." I said, contemplating the possibility of that statement. I grinned, I am so glad to be modern.

"So its a book?" Ryan stated, frowning at me.

"No, No, No, let me show you, follow me!" I squealed, charging out the room with excitement, not even thinking about the questions that could come up with the whole computer thing.

I opened the door to the room and logged onto the computer so fast...mainly so they couldn't see my password, they trailed in and look confused.

"What is this?" Adam asked, and there I was thinking that they were meant to be smart.

"Seriously?" I said dumbfounded. He smiled sheepishly.

"GET A FRICKING LI- I mean UNDEAD LIFE, or whatever you call it." I said, ignoring the faces they pulled.

"What did you do with the computer?" Peter asked glaring at me.

"Calm your Tits, this is a computer, it's just modern...have you heard of that word?" I mocked, opening up Wikipedia, then leaning back on the chair and all stood behind me so they could take a look.

"This is Wiki-Pedia?" Ryan questioned, I nodded. Really? Or were they just messing with me? Who cares, I can just some amusement from this.

"Type anything you want, and it'll pop up, see how simple that is?" I pointed showing them an example, I typed; Neil Armstrong, and of course he popped up with all the 'first man on the moon' stuff. They all smirked. Peter leaned forward and typed something in.

Vampire

I rolled my eyes, what did they expect to come up? It loaded and up popped an explanation about mythical creatures and this terrible picture.

"Wow, they have nailed us!" Peter said sarcasm dripping like venom. They laughed, well, they have a dry sense of humor. You know, if anyone asked them, hey, what's your e-mail, I can just imagine the confused faces, then I can imagine the sickly feeling that involved blood after. I shivered at the thought.

I hopped off the chair, that was quickly reclaimed by Ryan who didn't even notice me leave, I smiled, they could be on there for hours discovering what they already knew. I walked along to my room and sat on the familiar window ledge. Letting the cool breeze run over my skin biting at it gently. A gush of wind appeared beside me and I gasped as Tobias appeared beside me, he had a bashed up cheek, and that looked like a cut or something.

"Tobias?!" I whispered, expecting him to be a ghost or something I hugged him, careful not to slip off the edge, he slowly wrapped his arms around me and pulled away, he looked at me, a very unreadable look planted on his face, but almost as if I hadn't seen it, a cold pair of lips brushed my own, it took me a second to realise, before I kissed back determined, I ran my arm up his right arm and slowly pulled away when I felt ice cold liquid landing on my hand, I blinked and red ooze stained my palm.

I yanked up his sleeve quickly a the exact same mark was burned into The top of Tobias' arm. I looked up to his sunglasses and they looked at me, before staring to the ground, unable to face me. He pulled down his sleeve covering the VD and sighed dramatically.

"It will heal." Tobias stated through gritted teeth. I tried smiling but only a frown came out of it. I was pressing through so many emotions, and I was worried about what will happen to him, but my mind was pressing at the idea of...what is with the kisses? Am I meant to know what we have between us? I mean I like him an all, but I didn't know whether...you know, I want to go into all that. Not with all this drama, plus, he was a vampire after all, could I live with that, push that aside? No, I knew it would always burden on my mind.

"Tobias, what is...us?" I asked fumbling with my hands. He looked up to, obviously expecting my question.

"I don't know, but I do know I really like you Eliza." he said so sweetly and maturely, I had to smile, he pleaded with his eyes.

"I really like you too." I whispered, he smiled happily, he eyes gleaming with joy. It killed me to say the next words, I sucked in a breath.

"But, Tobias," I reached out to hold his arm reassuringly. "I think we should just be friends, y-you are a vampire." I sniffled, not noticing the tear that rolled down my eye. He look sad and angry at the same time.

"So you would choose the fragile human boy?" He spat, I sighed he didn't get it.

"I'm not choosing anyone Tobias." I replied honestly, Emerson was great but I still don't think I could say I loved him. He didn't look like he believed me.

"But you told me you really liked me?" Tobias stated looking at me even sadder than before but you couldn't hide the red eyes from behind his glasses.

"I do, but I don't think I could get over the fact-" I started, but suddenly he cut me off angrily.

"What, because I'm a vampire? You think I wanted to be one? You think I had a choice?" he said, getting louder as he pressed these questions on me. "I'm stuck in a 16 year old body forever!" he growled, leaning closer to me.

"B-but, your parents must have-" 

"Haha, you think my parents made me like this on purpose? No, we were in Realms Gate, and suddenly I had this unbearable pain hit me, it wouldn't stop, they claimed it was my time, and it would only stop once I was a vampire, so to stop the excruciating pain, it felt like my inside were being turned inside out, one bit at a time then, I became this...not by my own choice." Tobias anecdoted, twitching at the thought.

"Wait, you became a vampire by fate?" I gasped, now realising, that, that was the reason he was such a young vampire. It didn't shake off the feeling with the idea that I could happen to me, he nodded like I was an idiot.

"Tobias I didn't know-" he cut me off again.

"Save it Eliza, I don't need your pity, it was bound to happen sooner or later." he shrugged depressed, I couldn't imagine the pain he went through. The way he made it out, it seemed worse than death itself.

This time I couldn't help myself, I didnt know what made me do it, but I lunged forward towards Tobias' lips and kissed him passionately, little fireworks arose and the cool feeling clashing with my hot fiery lips, maybe I could get over the idea of him being what he is...it was possible. I stated comfortingly to myself.

His Tongue brushed against my mouth begging for entrance and I allowed him too, we fought for the domination but he won and was now in charge of the kiss, my hands ran through his hair, and his hands ran down my waist, the kiss ended sooner than we both wanted. We pulled back staring at each other and breathing heavily.

"I'm not going to lie, but I might like you more than I am letting on." I whispered, not breaking contact with his lips.

"Same." he replied, for a moment I thought my body was going to kiss him again, but I restrained myself because he asked me a question I never expected

"Eliza, I know this might be slightly weird, but will you go out with me?" he mumbled, I grinned brightly.

"It's not weird, and yes Tobias, we can try this out, I will go out with you...as two best friends would." I replied, he grinned.

"I can live with that." He said pretending to think with his fingers. We leaned in but for only a hug, we did this for a while before a voice interrupted us.

"Aww...Am I interrupting two lovebirds?" a smooth voice asked sarcastically insulting us, we both frowned turning to the voice. Tobias let out this hiss but it suddenly turned into a whimper of pain as he grabbed his scarred arm.

"Tut, Tut, you know better that to behave like that." Dante laughed, from below, his feet digging into the earthy ground beside the woods that almost surrounded the house.

"What do you want now?" I said, as nicely as possible trying not to sound too moronic or I might suffer the same pain as Mr.Devereaux.

"Oh, not much really, but I need you both to come with me, Eliza, I think it's time I let you learn what being the Aphraver means." Dante laughed looking up at us, yet I still feeled inferior, maybe it was because I was hanging of a widow ledge on the second floor, or maybe because I had just told Tobias my feelings, or maybe, maybe, just maybe it's because Dante really knew how to get what he wanted. I nodded obeying what he said.

"Let me just tell them where I am...master Dante." softening the request that I had just made, he thought about it for a moment.

"Well, since you asked so nicely, go ahead." he smirked as I climbed back in the window and ran down the corridor when they were all neatly exploring the Internet.

"Guys, I am just going out with Tobias, back soon." I told them, hoping the wouldn't ask where exactly, they all murmured and wavered me away, that was easier than I had expected, I should just point out porn to them and I bet they wouldn't be out for days, actually that was a horrible thought...bad Eliza.

I rushed back out to meet Tobias who was still glaring at Dante cebomoualy in the window ledge, thankfully my hangover had almost passed, Because I wouldn't be able to deal with this otherwise. Tobias turned to me, noticing my presence and grabbed my waist, I gasped as he jumped off the window ledge, I closed my eyes and waiting patiently for the impact, but peeked my eyes open when none came. I jostled away from Tobias, trying not to look awkward.

The sky was beginning to grey and it was bound to rain soon, I could just tell, the clouds looked like thunderclouds. It was still the mid afternoon but it seemed darker in the sky. Tobias and me followed behind Dante as we made our way to Vampersia which seemed to be Where Dante resided, or at least where he hung out.

Dante flung open the door and it smacked the back the wall behind, I let out a silent yelp at the velocity of it, I followed behind afterwards, it wasn't as I remembered it, the hall was all gothic and dark, there was now booths and a bar. How does that even happen? Well, unpredictability happens a lot lately.

This was like one of those sex clubs, and I really did not like it, thank god we got led out of that room and into another which seems more practical, it was an office but still fitted with the gothic theme. I and Tobias sat down across the desk from Dante who tucked himself into a black leather recliner, strange for an office, but, whatever.

"Let's get straight to it, shall we, now Tobias, you are purely here so Eliza does as she is told, then we both heard a mechanical whir and suddenly clamps fitted themselves from the chair Tobias was sat on, clamping hard metal around his chest, wrists and Ankles. Clever chair.

"Woah!" I gasped, standing up to protest against this. "There's no need."

"Ah, but there is." Dante said, nodding his head slightly. Tobias let out a unholy growl from his throat. I didn't notice that were the metal grazed, small amounts of smoke radiated of Tobias' skin, he rasped in his chair, as his chest rumbled with anger.

"What are you doing to him!?" I yelled, turning to pry the metal from the chair, but suddenly I had to let go as a burning pain hit myself from my arm, I let out a srill scream, dropping to my knees, as I grabbed my arm in pain, my eyes darted to Dante, who eyes were burning red.

"D-Dante...M-Master D-Dante." I said though my echoing screams, by now I was writhing in my spot. It gradually stopped and I was strong enough to fall into my chair, panting heavily.

"You...really...are...a.." I stopped when I noticed Dante's eyes were beginning to redden as a threat, he cocked his head to the side.

"Am a what, my sweet Eliza?" he taunted, as if begging me to say it, so he had a reason to punish me again.

"Nothing." I said at him through gritted teeth, I glanced over to Tobias who started to tense his body in anger.

"Why is the metal making him sizzle?" I asked quickly, pressing the matter for an answer. I hated seeing Tobias in pain.

"Its silver, acts like an irritant for us." Dante shrugged, eyeing the writhing Tobias.

"What are you proving by locking him there?" I spat again, Dante smirked.

"Because what I'm about to tell you will give you an advantage over me, and I need something to make sure you don't use it." Dante stated, this was the first time I had seen Dante even slightly scared. He covered it up very well, after he noticed I had seen it. I gulped.

"In fact, I better take extra precautions." Dante said, pressing something out of sight and suddenly clamps gripped around me, identical to The young vampire's ones. But unlike his mine didn't burn me, they just kept in place.

"What the fuck? I growled, tugging for my freedom.

"It's not for long, just let me explain."

I looked up at him and glared, waiting for him to continue with whatever crap he had to say. In my mind, I knew that what he was about to say wasn't crap, no way would the big bad Dante go through all this trouble because he was a little bit frightened of the consequences.

"As the Aphraver, you are able to...control every form and specie of supernatural, by tapping...or saying the Hell's Call, whatever you think or say that person or creature will do." Dante explained, I narrowed my eyes, now I understood the binds. He thought I was going to use it on him after I found out...thinking about it, I probably would.

"Whoever is in hearing range of when you perform the song is under your control." Dante finished, I smiled, maybe this wasn't so bad.

"and this is what you wanted me for, who did you want me to control?" I asked curiously, I hardly noticed that I was pinned to a chair, I couldn't say the same about Tobias, his eyes were glowing red and he struggled to keep his head upright.

"Dante, release Tobias, look at HIM!" I screamed, watching as Tobias twitched, blood poured out of every nook and cranny where the silver touched him.

He looked over to Tobias who struggled to even keep his eyes open.

"Ah, I suppose enough is enough for the little newborn." the silver unclamped and retreated back into the seat, Tobias jolted at the sudden disappearance of the metal. He was dazed and glared over to me. He looked weak, what does mere silver do to him? Almost like poisoning his skin.

I was still strapped to my chair and I didn't look like I was being released anytime soon. Dante dismissed Tobias was he sat weak in his chair.

"I wanted you, because I want every single creature bowing down at my feet," he stood up, a crazed look in his eyes " I want complete domination over the supernaturals, and then the human race, blood slaves at my taking, no longer should the stronger population stand under the human rule, I shall not only be king of the vampires, I shall be king of the entire world." he looked down from the ceiling to me, smirking,

"And you shall do it for me." he finished, he seemed to have gone completely insane. I burst out laughing, my chest aching from lack of oxygen. I took breaths every so often.

"What...makes...you....think...I'll...do...that?" I breathed out after getting over my laughter.

"Because I will give you and everyone you know a lifetime of hell if you don't." he said simply "and your strapped to a chair."

----------------------------------------------- 

Dante, is a crazy son a bitch, insane, but I can't hate on him, he's played by Jenson Ackles, who could hate that? But mental none the less.

Oh and yes, as much asi don't think it fits, the boys don't know what Wikipedia is, but they had good fun exploring and correcting the wrong parts.

There is a bit of Tobiza action I thought that was cute :D Aw...they liked each other, in fact Tobias is an awkward character to write, well, they all are, but...what can ya do?

Oh, you know what Eliza can do now YAY! She's a very complicated character I realised, and Is much harder to write. I know not many of you have seen Emerson much, but he'll be back soon. I also have a very exciting twist to come in later chapter, it will blow your socks off! (if your wearing any) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324 37 34
When she was born her mother knew she wasn't normal. Her mother's family itself wasn't normal. She feared that her beloved daughter carried the gene...
1.4K 48 25
1st Book of the "Different" Series Angelina Red-Kindom was a "normal" girl, if it weren't for her demise of her older brother and her parents' divorc...
1.3K 97 26
"Yeah I'm um not your typical vamp, I'm different, an individual like my sister" I told him He smiled "Well I like different" Life from then onwards...
547K 12.8K 25
He would never love her. Want her. Or need her. Althea Williams definition of 'normal' is a lot different to others. To her, normal is being bullied...