BEAUTIFUL DISASTER (Preview)

By aishatu_xx

Copyright© 2019. All rights reserved. [#3 in Malik/Othman series] [can be read separately] Janaan Anwaar Othm... More

One: He ruined my day.
Two: Well, that was weird.
Four: The family gathering.
Five: Hate for packing.
Six: Tears and Leaving.
Seven: Settling down and dinner.
Eight: Getting her brother back.
Nine: Touring Massachusetts.
Ten: Unpacking.
Eleven: Harvard University.
Twelve: First day went well...
Thirteen: Giving it a shoot.
Fourteen: Time to excavate the past.
Fifteen: Back to square one.
Sixteen: Door to future.
Seventeen: You're here!
Eighteen: Giving a chance.
Nineteen: Mia's past.
Twenty: He is not the one...
Novelcat!

Three: After the long wait...

3.4K 537 35
By aishatu_xx

Hamal

Hamal and Janaan stayed in that position- looking into each other's eyes with him rubbing her hands in between his- for only God knows how long but they sure as hell know that it was a very long time.

Each of them relishing each others' presence, like it was the end of the world. A moment of tranquil for both of them.

He looked at her from her beautifully rested side burn hairs, perfect arched brow, dark brown eyes looking deep inside like he was looking right into her soul, her pointed not so straight nose. And finally, her plump, luscious lips. She is so beautiful, he said inside his head.

They snapped out of their trance when Adnan cleared his throat. They awkwardly shift uncomfortably and Hamal just smiled at Adnan before walking to the driver's seat.

The rest of them hop in- backseat. The car ride was awkward at first before Akira decide that it is time to talk about her crushes. She keep on listing them with Adnan and Affan criticizing each of them. They'll throw some questions to Hamal and Janaan but they'll just reply them curtly.

Hamal kept on fidgeting on his seat. The look in her eyes, which he couldn't fathom was embedding his mind. What was the look and why was she looking at him like that? Was it pure hatred or disgust? He shuddered at that thought hoping it is not what he saw deep in her dark eyes.

She looks forlorn. She doesn't know what she was feeling at the moment but missing Ahlam was the biggest part. Missing him often does that to her especially in moment like this. When she's with the person who despised her presence, being, existence.

Upon reaching at their house, he squelched the car right next to the front door so that they can walk straight into the house without bothering about getting cold especially with Akira who is asthmatic. All of them silently slide out of the car and into the house except Janaan who was just hopping out of the car.

She removed his leather jacket and hand it to him."Thanks," she thanked him in a small voice before turning on her heels and sauntered into the house without a glance back which hurts Hamal beyond words.

His chest tighten in an excruciating way.

He hates her presence because of that but her absence was more of a torture than her presence. He just wants to go back to school and never come back. He can wait for the pain to subside if that's possible but he will wait, as long as it'll subside.

Loving her was his greatest mistake. When? It was since when she was nine. How? He also doesn't know. At first, he thought he was just attracted to her, but with time going on, he found himself falling deeper into her trap. And now, he's just suffering with the pain.

He breathed out a sigh of peevishness before clutching the steering wheel in a death grip with his knuckles turning white. Just then, he recalled what happened just some minutes ago when they held each others gaze, hands in each others. The sudden warm engulfed him and he calmed down- ccomplacented.

He drove away from her house to the nearest 24/7 bookshop. He wants to buy a sketch pad before going home. He has to paint. What he always do when heartbroken.

Janaan was looking at him from her parent's window. She ran upstairs to their room since that's the only room that has the view of the house compound. Her own window was facing the house garden. She watch him as he lingered for a moment before leaving.

She strolled to her room not wanting to spend another second thinking about Hamal, she brought out her phone and called Tehzib that they were already back and they had dinner.

Changing into her sky blue pajamas with huge a huge Trojan horse Canakkale Turkey on it. She slipped under her covers after sending good nights to her siblings- message.

She was writing the events that happened for the last three days in her diary because she was too occupied to write it then. Just when she was about to write the last line, her phone rang from her bedside drawer where she plugged it to charge. Unknown number flashed on the caller ID but she nevertheless picked.

"Hello?" she hesitantly greeted waiting for the person on the other line to talk.

"Hi Jay, it's Rahila," Rahila buoyantly like she has the time of the world.

Janaan cleared her throat before saying; " Oh Rahila. How you doing?" she asked, almost bored. It is not like she hates the girl, but any grl that is associated to Hamal, she hates her.

"I'm doing good. What about you?" she asked Janaan. Janaan held herself from rolling her eyes even though she can't see her.

"I am fine alhamdulillah," Janaan asnwered, yawn muffled in her pillow. She finished the last line of what she was writing in her diary before closing the thick book and keeping it in her bedside drawer.

They talked for some minutes and what Janaan was waiting to hear was utterly rubbish. Nothing important. She was just asking about his favorite stuffs since his birthday is in a month's time.

After saying their good nights, Janaan draw the covers to her chin before cupping both her hands to say the prayers before sleeping.

Janaan woke up because of some noises down the stairs. She checked her alarm clock to see that it was only 9:00am. Only three hours since she went back to sleep after praying her Subh.

Instead of looking at the mirror to check her hair and face, she angrily walked down the stairs to see who are those that woke her up at an ungodly hour.

Just as she stood on the last stairs, she heard them yelling 'Congratulations' almost making her eardrums to jump. Adnan, Akira, Affan, Intisar, Hamal, Farid, Farida and Na'ima. They beamed when they saw the look of flabbergastation on her face except Hamal of course, he looked bored like he was practically dragged there.

He gave her a once over, he almost chuckled. Her hair looked like a bird nest, maybe more twisted than a bird nest. Her face looks dry with no oil or even makeup. She still looks beautiful to him, he has seen her when she looked worse than this though.

Farid, is Aunt Mehr's first son who is 20 year old, followed by Fadila, then their last born Na'ima who is just ten.

"Why are you congratulating me?" brows creased, she asked just then, a yawn escaped.

"Your admission later!" Fadila jumped on Janaan who still looks confused before it drawn on her but which school? She doesn't know but nevertheless, hugged Fadila back.

"Which school?" she asked Intisar who hugged her next.

"Harvard," Intisar beamed, pulling away. Intisar is just two months younger than Janaan.

"Alhamdulillah!" Janaan murmured and tears of joy started cascading.

"Congrats sis," Adnan and Affan were next to hug her followed by crying Akira.

"I'll miss you so much Ya Jay, please don't go." Akira pleaded.

"I'll miss you more baby. Don't cry please, I'll come back soon. God Akira, I don't even know when I'm going and you're here making me promise that I'll come back soon," Janaan face palmed herself after pulling away.

Akira laughed whilst crying, "I know it's very soon." Akira mumbled.

"I know but let's not talk about that now huh?" she whispered giving her a tight short hug.

"Okay," Akira smiled a little before running to the kitchen to do only God know what.

"Congrats blrum," Farid pinched her nose making it turn pink.

"Stop calling me that," she glared at him before smiling again, "Thanks furk," she laughed when his face changed.

They call each other blrum and furk since when Janaan was asked to sweep the biscuit she scattered around the carpeted floor. So she asked Farid where the broom is but she didn't say it correctly, she said blrum. So he started calling her that.

He, he asked her to pass him a fork but he said furk instead of fork. That was nine to ten years ago.

He punched her arm and started walking to the kitchen, "Fierceness is prohibited in this house," she yelled after him.

"I know," he threw her a wink over his shoulder before continuing his journey.

Again, she was left alone with Hamal. When she looked at him, he wasn't even looking at her. He was busy with his phone so she silently walk back to her room to take a short shower to change into something appropriate.

Washing her body thoroughly, she sauntered out of the bathroom and strolled into her walk-in closet to bring out something to wear.

Flipping through racks and racks of her pants , she choosed a taupe Bali pants, pale pink cotton body top and a taupe plain dove hijab. She completed the look with a pale pink loafer. Happy with how comfortable she is, she skipped down the stairs.

"Hello, what's happening here?" she asked peeking her head into the kitchen.

"Nothing, just wait for us outside," Na'ima smiled innocently like she was trying her best not to say anything.

Janaan shrugged and sat down on the couch with her phone pressed to her ears, calling Ahlam to tell him the good news.

They talked for awhile but she couldn't hold her curiosity. She hanged up and ambled into the kitchen. Before dropping her other leg in the kitchen, she heard her parents' voice from the front door. Not wasting a second, she ran to the door.

"Mom, Dad," she whispered breathlessly, with a surprised look on her face.

She hugged them tightly like her life was on them. "I know you were not missing me since you can't even see me standing here," Aalam's voice made her jump in surprise.

"Ya Aalam!" she smiled widely, her cheeks hurting but she didn't mind. "You're back,"

"I am. Now tell me how much you missed me," Ahlam wiggled his brows.

She punched him and said, "I didn't miss you one bit," she shrugged, sticking her hands inside her pants' pocket.

"I'm hurt," he touched his heart with a fake british accent.

"Uhm...huh," she rolled her eyes and turned around to leave but he court her wrist.

"You can't walk away like this love," he smirked.

"Bye. I have to do something more important," she removed her wrist from his grasp and turn to leave.

"Not so soon love. And what's that something that's more important?" he raised a brow.

"Cake," she grinned and left.

•••
Assalamu Alaikum!
I had to change some things up there and the second chapter. Its supposed to be August not November, because of school, and admission. So whatever, BYES!!!
Tell me if there is any mistake and you guys are not commenting wallah and its heart shattering (I'm not exaggerating).

Okay, Bye, Love ya💕

Ma'assalam!

Aeeshatou🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 7.2K 60
"You are my most beautiful reality, the one I dreamed of every night and yet it wasn't written for me." A Y E S H A , Living a pretty simple life, s...
86.4K 9.3K 22
Aisha Dantata lost her parents when she was 10 so her uncle and his wife took her in. She starts dating her cousin Umar without the knowledge of anyo...
24.1K 934 10
NOT EDITTED! But you can check out my other books which are editted and ready to read. Thank You! ~ Mishal ~ A cute , beautiful, bubbly, ch...
205K 9K 29
A story of two individuals who never admitted their feelings for each other Ego, Misunderstanding, Family and Life has kept them apart from each oth...