What's my sin?

By itunuoluwA1

"life is better without the abuse no matter how alone you may be" A young girl tells of her experience throu... More

Chapter one: Another morning
Chapter 2: Demotion
Chapter 3: Dad
Chapter 4: A new friend
Chapter 5: Friendly Trouble
Chapter 6: Birthday
Chapter 7: Hide and seek
Chapter 8: Boomerang
Chapter 9: Happy day ruined
Chapter 10: Shocker
Chapter 11: A day of freedom
Chapter 12: Back to the hood
Chapter 13: Sisters
Chapter 14: A taste of Power
Chapter 15: Tricked Christmas
Chapter 16: Crossover
Chapter 17: Journey alone.
Chapter 18: A new breeze
Chapter 20: Freedom walk
Chapter 21: Adapting
Chapter 22: Clique bangs
Chapter 23:Boarding tales
Chapter 24: The siege
Chapter 25: Fire!!!
Chapter 26: Dreams do come true

Chapter 19: Scandal

336 52 0
By itunuoluwA1

As difficult as my step mum was, there were  times she became human. Moments like these always turned a shocker to me. She became softer though when she began to stick to a particular man who came constantly to greet us. Still, Dara and Charles got preferential treatment though. After all, they were her children not us. 

I woke up feeling feverish and very hot.  It was an holiday and we were all at home. I was fine the previous day, well asides the normal headache I had always brushed aside as normal.  Surprised though to find myself so weak and sweaty on the bed. I managed to walk down to the living room but it was very obvious that I wasn't feeling well.

My step-mom didn't notice though until Dara went to report to her later that afternoon that I was vomiting. It was a wrong timing for her though because her suitor just came in and they were in the middle of a conversation. I wasn't expecting her to respond to Dara's report. You can imagine my shock when I saw her running out with her man on her tail.

"Jesus!  Ruth what is it?" she touched my body and pulled me up. "Are you still vomiting ?" . I looked at her in awe and shook my head.

"Okay come inside ". I began to understand the picture just then and decided to use it to my advantage. If she wants to impress her man, then I will give her a show. I began to falsely shiver and fell on my knees. Her man came forward and touched me withdrawing instantly. "My God she's blazing hot". In a breathe, he carried me up and took me into my step mother's room.

I can't begin to narrate my joy when the air conditioner hit my skin. I relaxed immediately. My step mum ran in after him carrying a mat. She cried out stepping into the room. "No don't put her on the bed"

He stopped immediately and looked at the bed like it had become dangerous. "Why not? "

She spread my mat on the floor. "Lay her here, she bedwets". His face became relaxed. "oh". He looked at me in wonder, I avoided his look instantly. Is it a crime to bed wet. Free me joor.

He gently laid me on the ground. Just then my siblings also came in.

"Don't disturb her" she stopped them before they could settle down. She gestured to martin "Come and but medicine for her".  He went to meet her. She had began giving him instructions when she looked at me. "What do you want to eat? "

That question rang so many meaning in my mind. I looked at her man who was sitting down now and looking at me worriedly. I began to think evilly. This is a very rare opportunity for me, I had better grab it now.

"Caprisone"

She raised her eyebrows "Capri what? ". I looked down in disappointment when the man spoke.

"Let her have it, at least she should have something in her to hold the medicine.". He dipped his hand in his pocket and brought out a 500 naira note and handed it to Martin. "You can get her Ribena also and biscuits".

Martin looked at me and I winked at him. O smiled. This is the best sickness ever. Soon, my treats were delivered to me and my siblings watched with envy as I downed each and every pack. She then gave me my medications. When I was done, I closed my eyes in bliss and slept off, the air conditioner cooling my soul.

I woke up much better at midnight an everyone was asleep, the man wasn't around anymore. I felt my temperature and it had cooled. I bit my lip. No, not yet,  I have just begun my enjoyment. I stayed up taking in the beauty of the room before I fell asleep again.

The next morning, my step mum felt my temperature and gave me food and my medications again. She then explained how I was going to take the rest. Seeing she was about to dismiss me, I began to shake again and the episode continued. Martin was the one who cleaned up my urine for that period to his displeasure but I wasn't moved by that. I enjoyed the rest of the week in her room, eating whatever liked to my siblings envy till she got fed up and came to me one night.

"If your sickness persists, i will have to take you to the hospital for injection". I felt like I had been given a murder sentence. I immediately stopped all my acts and had to resume in my room. But at least it was better than the hospital. The only thing I wasn't happy about was cleaning up my urine again.

The next day my siblings all fell ill shaking in the living room. My step mum looked at them all and started laughing. I stood by her side and wondered why she was laughing when they were all sick. I didn't understand till she spoke.

"I can see you are all sick abi? " she gestured to me. "Go and bring the car key for me from mama, I'm taking them to the hospital". Like magic and sudden realization they all jumped up.

"Mummy I'm not sick o"

"I'm okay"

I understood then and began laughing with my step-mom also. It was indeed a memorable day.

As the days passed by, I began to countdown to the day I will leave for boarding house. Martin and I became closer than before and he crept into my room most nights after everyone had gone to bed and we talked and played quietly till either of us became sleepy. Eventually Kingsley found out and began coming to the room except Dara and Charles who were in their mums room. We played a lot till dawn which we dispersed.

My step-mom began to wonder why we all went back to sleep after prayers but didn't stop us,  it was to her advantage anyway,  she had us off her hands with that. I jumped on the bed and slept off.  I was privileged to use the bed at noon because I never bed wetted then. Though we slept comfortably with no care in the world,  this didn't go down well with Dara and Charles and she pestered us to wake up each time till I shouted on her one afternoon.

"leave me now let me sleep, I didn't sleep all night. At least you did". I covered myself back with my wrapper which she pulled back almost immediately.

"What were you doing at night? ".

I realized then that i had leaked too much. "Nothing " I snapped and covered myself back up.

"I will tell mummy if you don't tell me". I groaned and reluctantly sat up facing her.

"We played all night? ". She became confused and curious.

"you and who? "

I began narrating our activities to her and snickered at the much attention she gave to me.

"Why didn't you tell Charles and I? "

I rolled my eyes.  "We don't want mummy to know and you sleep with her.

She became dejected and silent for a while. "I'm coming " she jumped off the bed and raced out of the room. I wondered what she went to do and shrugged before sleeping back, snuggling under my wrapper.  I had gone two minutes into dreamworld when my wrapper was yanked off again. I knew it was her and ignored her closing my eyes tight and hugging myself tightly on the bed.

"I'm sleeping with you tonight"

"me too"

My eyes flashed open and I sat up immediately.. She and Charles were on the bed looking at me.

"What? "

"mummy said we can sleep here" she repeated.

"Did you tell her anything? " I asked.

She shook her head. "no I didn't ".

I sighed" okay let me sleep now please". She threw my wrapper on me which I covered myself up with again preparing my strength for the night.

We had finished eating that night and all sat down at the living room with my step mum all watching TV. We kept looking at her waiting for her to sleep but she was engrossed in her phone.  We were becoming impatient already when her phone rang and she picked it up and stopped up to go inside and receive it. She stopped and looked at me.

"it's almost 9, pray before you all go to bed. "I nodded and she went in. I hurriedly led the prayers and we all rushed in. We began doing the baflit as we call it for several hours.  We ran from the floor and somersaulted on the bed. The one who goes farthest is the winner. We continued playing until Dara and Charles became tired and fell asleep.  Soon, Kingsley also slept leaving Martin and I.

We began to talk about other things until he changed the topic.

"Let's play a game " he proposed

"What game? " I sat up

"You will lie down and pretend to be dead. Can you do it? "

I was puzzled. "And what will you now do?"

"Anything I do for you you will not feel it. Can you? ". I became challenged.

"of course I can do it,  I won't feel anything" I said affirmatively

He smiled "okay, lie down".

I laid down and closed my eyes tightly trying to loose all body feelings. I concentrated so hard that I didn't notice him move on the bed and come on top of me. I focused on the black darkness my eyes could see. Suddenly I felt something moist on my lips and lost concentration. I almost opened my eyes when I remembered I should not feel anything.

I tried not to feel it but it was distracting. He stopped as soon as he has started and tapped me. "get up". I opened my eyes and sat up.

"Did you feel anything? " he asked fidgeting.

I didn't want it to seem like I couldn't do a simple task. "No I didn't "

He relaxed"Nothing?"

I nodded "Nothing".

He smiled.  "Okay,  you are very good at the game. Let's do it one more time." I nodded and he continued "this time don't feel anything all over your body okay? ".

"okay" I nodded in understanding and lay back down. I closed my eyes shut again and this time I didn't bother to focus on not feeling anything.  It was pointless doing that as I could feel everything.  I decided to let my curiosity take course.  I wanted to know what he was doing.

I didn't have to wait long as he climbed on top of me again holding himself with his leg so he wont rest on me. He brought his lips fully this time onto mine. It felt weird and I shut my mouth tight. I was playing dead anyways, my mouth shouldn't part open. He tried to put his tongue in for several seconds before giving up at the futile exercise.

He got up again and I couldn't feel his presence go some minutes but I didn't open my eyes. He came upon me again and this time he laid fully on me. His body felt cold against my thin nightie and I wondered why. I moved my hand slowly and touched him slightly with the back of my palm. My hand hit his bare skin. I swallowed at the reality.  He was naked!

I waited to see what he wanted to do but he just lay still on me and began feeling my skin. Then he tried kissing me again.  I laid still scared this time and curious at the same time.

"Get up" a sudden voice interrupted us sending us jumping from the bed. I looked at the direction and saw my uncle at the door. Martin began fidgeting nervously as he scurried about picking his clothes. That's when I saw him naked also.

"The two of you" he pointed at both of us. "follow me".

I began to cry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 120K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
LOSS By Eleraobari

General Fiction

346K 16.8K 38
A plus size woman struggling to maintain her sanity with her unfaithful husband and her insecurities.
50K 661 20
If you don't like toxic shit don't read Short story with squeal coming soon not edited don't mind mistakes
6.3K 2.1K 56
For the past three years, Yesmi has dreamt of only one thing; moving to New York to live with her mother. Surprisingly, an engagement, a phone call...