Photographs (Luke Hemmings)

By Procrashtonates

When her world gets shaken up, Bailey, her family, and her new amazing group of friends have to adapt their l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SEQUEL
No update- just words!
Long Time No Talk!

Chapter 15

9.2K 304 185
By Procrashtonates

As Luke and I put our seatbelts on, I looked at him, "We could always get something to eat and take it back to my house and watch a movie or something?" I asked not wanting Luke to leave just yet, the day was amazing so far.

I'm not sure what we were exactly, but I just knew I wanted to be with him 80% of the time. When I was alone he took over my thoughts. I was really happy being around him, and I loved the feeling of liking him. It was nice to have that rush of liking someone and what's even better is that Luke liked me back. Well that's what I hoped anyways. We hadn't really talked about our date or our kiss so I was confused as of what was going on in his head.

"Yeah that sounds cool," he said smiling at me, "Is there anything specific you want to eat?"

"What do you want?" I asked not sure exactly what I was in the mood for.

"Anything you want," he said which made me laugh.

"Well I don't know what I want!" I exclaimed with a laugh, "I can never make decisions."

Luke laughed too.

"I have this argument with my dad whenever we go out," I said remembering all the times we spend arguing in the car over what we were getting for dinner. Whenever I finally thought of something, he didn't want that, and I didn't want to eat whatever he recommended.

"Taco Bell?" I asked since it was close to home, and nachos and tacos sounded good.

"Sure," he said rolling down his window slightly letting the breeze blow through his hair.

Luke drove towards Taco Bell and I thought about what I was going to order.

We got to my house and walked into the living room. My dad wasn't home yet, so it was quiet inside. I put the bag of food on the living room table, pulling out what we ordered. We each got a couple of tacos, nachos and a big baja freeze to share.

Luke sat on my right on the couch, "Chicken tacos?" he asked noticing 'chicken' written on my tacos. I always specially order chicken rather than ground beef.

"Yeah i'm picky with normal meat tacos. Some places taste weird, too much taco seasoning for me," I said shyly.

I was a very picky eater and a few people I knew found that annoying. It made me insecure to talk about my own eating habits.

After eating in silence for a few minutes, I thought about bringing up our kiss, or even asking Luke what he was feeling, but I didn't know how. It also didn't help that I was shy and awkward. I couldn't find any confidence in myself to say anything about it, so I just kept my mouth shut and we ate with silence in the air.

Once we were done, I took the trash into the kitchen throwing it away. I walked back into the living room picking up the remote and turning the TV on.

"Thanks for coming over," I said finally settling on the movie Step Brothers.

"Yeah," Luke said reaching over and putting his hand right above my knee making my stomach do flips. I smiled leaning back into the couch. I saw Luke pick his arm up, and then put it back down. Then he picked it up and put it around me making me smile as I leaned slightly into him.

"Oh one sec," I said getting up and walking into my room quickly. I grabbed Luke's hoodie off the back of my chair in my room before walking back to Luke.

"Here, I forgot to give this back to you last night when I left," I said sitting back down on the couch next to him.

"Oh," Luke said looking at it. He hesitated for a second, "just keep it."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I didn't know exactly what to say. Luke noticed and then spoke up again.

"It," Luke started to say and then hesitated, "it looked cuter on you anyways," he said with a smile, averting his eyes away from mine and down to the sweater in his hands. I bit down on my bottom lip, and yet again I was blushing. I nodded my head and got up to put it back in my room.

I came back out, and sat in my same spot next to Luke.

"Hey Bailey, can I ask you something?" Luke said his voice quieter than usual. He seemed nervous, I nodded.

"Uh," he hesitated, "I know we've hung out the last two days, but do you want to hang out again tomorrow. I mean we don't have to go anywhere, but we can hang out at my house or here or something,"

"Yeah," I said with a smile. I liked that he wanted to see me again, it brought butterflies to my stomach.

Luke began to fiddle with his pinky ring, "Hey Bailey," he said again in a sing-song voice with hesitation.

"Mhm," I hummed looking up at him.

"So I uh kind of.... Really like you," he said nervously "And uh I hope you really like me."

I could see how nervous he was, and even though I was probably just as nervous hearing those words out of his mouth. I wasn't sure what to say back, but actions spoke louder than words.

I looked up into his eyes and kissed him. Once my lips were softly placed on his, I felt him relax. I pulled back giving him a small smile as if to say I liked him too. I was too nervous to be able to get words out of my mouth so I was hoping that was reassuring.

We were probably both more nervous than we've ever been before. I didn't know what else to say, so I leaned back into Luke as he put his arm around me, turning my attention to the TV screen. A few minutes later, I heard my dad walk in through the front door.

"Hey dad," I yelled out "Luke's here!"

"Hey Luke," my dad said walking into the living room. Luke stood up and shook his hand.

"Hi Mr. Parker, how are you?" he asked my dad, letting go of his hand.

"I'm good, I hope you and your mom are well."

"Yeah she's doing good," he said.

"Good to hear."

I sat back down because my Dad and Luke started talking about Luke's hockey team and other sports. After about half an hour, I looked up at my dad waiting for him to catch my 'it's time to stop talking' gaze. If you would let him, he would talk for hours.

He finally looked down at me catching on.

"Yeah that's good to hear Luke, i'll have to come watch you play with Bailey sometime," he said patting Luke on the shoulder before leaving the room.

"Sorry about that," I said standing up next to Luke "I know he talks a lot."

"It's fine, your dad's cool," he said shrugging it off.

"I should probably get going though," Luke said with a small frown which made my heart sink. We had spent all day together, but it still didn't feel like enough.

"Alright, I'll walk you out," I said trying to not sound too upset.

I followed Luke outside, down the front steps to his car. I pulled him into a hug, "Today was fun," I said shyly.

"Yeah," Luke said licking his lips as he pulled back.

"So," Luke began, rubbing the back of his neck "Uh would you want to be my... My girlfriend?" his cheeks were getting pink and he looked down at his hands and smiled, more nervous than I'd ever seen him before. The question made my stomach fill up with butterflies, and heat rush to my cheeks.

"I'd like that," I said with a smile.

"Really? Awesome," he said and we both let out a small laugh and I nodded my head to reassure him.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" Luke asked.

"Yeah," I said biting my lower lip.

Luke looked down at my lips, slowly leaning in and pressing his to mine lightly, making my heart race yet again.

He pulled back, "Bye Bailey" he said with a big smile, getting into this car.

"Drive safely Hemmings," I said smiling before turning around and going back inside.

I walked into my room, trying not squeal like a 14 year old girl. I touched my lips, still being able to feel the tingle Luke's left behind.

"Hey Bail," my dad said knocking at my door.

"Yeah," I said trying to not smile so much.

"Uh, I know this is weird to ask, but are you and Luke like.. seeing each other? Like are you going out? Dating?" he said not sure how to ask his daughter about her first love interest. This wasn't exactly a normal father-daughter topic.

"Yeah dad, we are," I said with a smile.

"Well if it helps, I like that boy. He's nervous around you, and any guy should be nervous around a girl he likes, no matter how much confidence he has."

A/N

I know this is short, but THEY'RE A COUPLE NOW YAY!

I start my senior year Tuesday, but I'll still update twice a week.

in the words of Ashton Irwin, "comment in the section below, press subscribe, (vote or follow in this case) and all that shit"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

849K 34.6K 34
❝Your blue eyes, they just pull me in.❞ © cthood 2014
2.1K 65 50
He loved pictures. Because the best thing about them is that they never change. Even when the people in them, do.
1.3K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...
175 45 44
One of the most valuable things in life is love, but it has many obstacles only true love will overcome them.