When Different Worlds Collide

By youknowigotsauce

Can love survive in even the cruelest of worlds? MATURE CONTENT: Contains sex, weapons and bad language. Sequ... More

Chapter 1- Part One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25- Part Two
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Please Read!
Hmm?

Chapter 22

7.6K 339 110
By youknowigotsauce

Alyssa

Elijah got me from my mother's house today, two days before New Year's day.

He left our place immediately after Christmas which is for the best since he and my mother didn't see eye to eye.

We are currently on our way to the airport in his dark, matte, royal blue, Porsche Baxter.

We're flying to Santorini, Greece for that vacation we talked about.

He drives like a race car driver, swiveling in and out of traffic and with the extra boosts that these high performance cars have, every time I get in the car with him I fear for my life.

"Would you please slow down Elijah. I'm only eighteen and I'm not ready to die."

"Baby, I've been driving like this for years and I've never been in an accident before, so stop worrying," he reassures me as he overtakes a guy to align his car into that lane.

"If you say so." I pause for a minute thinking of something that just came to my mind.

"How come all of your brothers have Italian first names and you don't?"

He glanced at me then back to the road, "Because Vincent named me in honor of his past consigliere slash best friend who was very influential in my survival."

"Oh. It was kinda weird that you didn't match in."

"You find everything weird," he retorts and I slap him playfully.

He smiles and then the car falls into a comfortable silence and I don't say a thing because I know he loves to drive this way.

~~~

I was awestruck when I saw the luxurious jet waiting for us.

"This is yours?" I questioned.

"Yup all mine."

"You bought this with your own money?"

"Hell no. I bought this with my family's money that was passed down to me, it's called generational wealth."

"Good for you."

I hated flying, and this reminded me of that. It was terrifying in its size yet beautiful quite a contrast.

"I'm scared Elijah, I haven't travelled in years."

"Everything will be fine, just relax," he said trying his best to comfort me.

~~~

We finally land in Greece after a long flight of me getting sick.

"I'm sorry for getting sick so many times on your jet."

"It's okay," he responds, then he takes my hand in his and entwines our fingers.

I look down at our hands together and smile before I look up at him as we are being driven to the hotel we are going to stay.

When we arrived at the hotel I was in shock again at the view we had. The sun's rays were shining through the blinds and creating a glow inside the room. The whole room had a prestigious vibe with the royalty looking bed heads, sheets and design.

"I don't know if you're comfortable sleeping with me but I only got one room for us."

"Did you really think I'd want to stay by myself?"

He thought about it and I playfully punched him.

I sat down on the bed and ran my hands along the fine material of the sheets. He watched me, trying to figure out if I liked this.

"I set up an appointment for you at the spa, also set one for you to get your hair and nails done. I also got you everything you need to go to the New Years party with me."

"Where will that be?"

"In the ballroom of this hotel."

"Elijah, you know how I feel about you spending so much money on me," I whined.

"Why? I told you to stop worrying about the money. My family and I are worth millions of dollars and our money is never ending. I'm sure my bank account won't mind if I spend a couple of hundreds on my girlfriend."

"I don't know," I frowned.

He walks towards me with calculated strides. His Italian loafers clinking across the floor before he makes a stop in front of me. He tilted my head up with his index finger and thumb making me look at him.

"You're beautiful, and I love how headstrong you are. But I just want to show you all that life has to offer," He says while leaning his forehead on mine.

He pecks my lips before pulling away from me.

"Unpack your stuff and get ready, I'm going to be downstairs sorting something out with the manager I'll be back," he said and then he left the room.

I go directly to the bathroom and then I take off my clothes and begin my shower.

After my fifteen minute shower, I wrapped myself in a white towel provided in the bathroom and I used a small one to wrap my hair.

I opened my bag to take out my clothes but I realize it's not mine when I see the many Armani dress shirts and slacks. I knew we shouldn't have got similar bags.

My hand touched something hard and before I could stop my curiosity got the better of me.

I started pulling it out of the duffel bag and unwrapped it slowly from the shirt it was hidden in.

When a part of it is revealed and a silver of light shone on the dangerous black object in my hand I'm in shock.

The first thing that flashes across my mind is who the hell am I dating?

Did he bring me here to kill me?

Because if so, then my mother was right about something not being right with him.

I unravelled it further revealing fully the black lethal object.

I shook my head in disbelief going to put it back in the bag but I hear the door rattling.

I suddenly get this crazy idea, so I position it to shoot, I know it's him but I don't trust him anymore.

He opens the door and I know by the look on his face that I've taken him by surprise.

He closes the door behind him immediately and then he exhales the breath he's been holding.

"Alyssa, how did you get that?"

"I went in your bag by mistake and then I felt this and got curious. Who the fuck are you? Did you bring me here to kill me?

"Alyssa, I like you. If I wanted to kill you you'd be already dead." Somehow I believed him when he said that and I got even more guarded.

"Then what the hell are you doing with this?"

"It's for protection, it's a licensed firearm," he answers calmly.

"Protection from what? I don't trust you right now."

He stepped forward to touch me and I raised the gun higher not faltering my gaze from him.

"Take one step closer and I will shoot Elijah I swear. This isn't adding up."

He chuckles in disbelief before he shakes his head.

"You're acting crazy right now Alyssa."

"Oh, I'll show you how crazy I can be."

"Oh yeah?" He asks smiling.

Suddenly I'm being restrained and the gun is pulled from me before I even have time to understand what's going on. My hands are trapped behind me while my front is pressed against the wall.

"Don't you ever touch this again. The gun is for protection that's it. I will not allow you to hurt yourself. Do you understand me?" he asks in a harsh tone.

"Yes."

"Good."

He releases me and I spin around from the wall to face him. He backs away from me allowing me to move and grab my bag to go get dressed in the walk in closet.

~

Elijah holds my hand as I enter the ballroom wearing a mid calf champagne colored dress with drop shoulders and a plunging neckline that accentuates my cleavage.

I have on matching gold earrings and a necklace along with a pair of sparkly gold closed toe Louboutin heels.

He is dressed in a black Armani suit with a white undershirt and a skinny black tie and he looks absolutely dashing.

There is something weird about him and even though I know what he said about the gun is not true, I drop it because now's not the time or place to discuss this.

Elijah orders for himself bourbon and for me a virgin piña colada.

As we walk further into the party, I accidentally bump into someone.

"Sorry," I squealed and I looked up to see that the man I've bumped in to happens to be my ex.

"Alyssa wow, it's good to see you again," Brandon smiles as we hugged each other.

"You too," I said as we pulled away. "What are you doing here?" I ask and then I hear Elijah clearing his throat.

"I'm here on vacation with my family," he answers.

How's your mother?" Before Brandon could answer Elijah cleared his throat again.

"Oh umm this is my boyfriend, Elijah. Elijah this is my ex-"

"Brandon Hutchinson, I know," Elijah announces then he and Brandon shook hands.

After Elijah shook his hand he wraps his arm around my waist pulling my back into him.

"We'll see you around Brandon," Elijah said smugly.

"Alyssa," Brandon calls and I turn to face him. "If you ever wanna catch up or anything you have my number," Brandon says sincerely.

"She won't be calling you, so watch yourself." Elijah spoke calmly.

I shook my head at his behavior, "I'm sorry, it was nice seeing you Brandon," I said before I walked away from Elijah.

I felt a tug on my wrist and I know it's him spinning me around to face him.

"What the hell was that?" He asked angrily.

"You've managed to piss me off twice in one day Elijah, don't you ever speak for me like that again."

"I'm sorry, he was trying to get you back in front of me that's disrespectful."

"Are you really sorry?"

"You've been jumping at me the whole day today, are you on your period?"

"Don't you ever ask me that again. Are you trying to say that I have no reason to be upset? That I'm just acting this way because of my hormones?"

"No... I'm sorry."

"If you're not sorry then don't say it."

"I don't like apologizing but here I am apologizing to you."

He sighs deeply tugging his hair frustratedly.

"So yes, I do mean it. I'm a dick and I'm sorry."

I blew out a breath and decided to calm down.

"Elijah, you've been lying to me and acting different." I huffed. "Who the hell are you?"

"And then the gun, something is up with you. I know you never let other girls in enough to find out, but this façade you put up is for a reason."

My ranting is interrupted by the countdown to New Year.

" 5 4 3 2 1 Happy New Year!" The mass of people shout.

"I'm not lying to you, there's just a lot that you don't know about me," Elijah says before he kisses me to ring in the new year.

I push on his chest and he breaks the kiss, "Then tell me why we're really here? It's not for this party and you know it. You're doing business tonight."

"Look, I promise this is not what it seems you just have to trust me, okay?" He asks holding my face in his hands.

"Okay fine Elijah. I trust you."

__________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.2K 28
Mafia, lies, money, betrayals. #1 in bwwwm #1 in white male #41 in forbidden #241 in couple #84 in blackwomen #112 in Italian #15 in mafia romance ...
325K 6.5K 45
A lot can happen in the span of five months. But will she allow her feelings and emotions to change? For him? [Editing] Copyright © 2022 secretlyyxur...
183K 4.7K 37
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧." In spite of how...
74.5K 2.2K 31
The billionaire, The discreet submissive, The hurt, The lies, So blindsided by lust, So blindside by hurt, Will they survive?